Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,265 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE (LEAGUE)
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 12:18:59 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]
@tag

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
EXCEPT IN DREAMS, YOU'RE NEVER REALLY FREE.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Not really good at this.” A warrior-poet admits two weeks too late. Modesty and juvenile embarrassment color the words. “Telling stories. That’s Kyle’s thing. can make any story interesting. He’s the one with real talent for the craft.[break][break]
Don’t know how Eris or the rest of ‘em do it. Imagine a whole world in their heads, speak it to life for you. Not really my scene. More a destroyer than a creator.” The high king’s eyes tilt downward at that sentiment. A low ‘mmm’ escapes him, as if, to Calyrex, those words are the center of the world, a story all their own.[break][break]
Dreams.” People have told Calyrex stories of dreams and legacies. They speak them with passion, weave stories of what might be. “No story to my dream. This war being over.” An exasperated huff is blown before the pale rider even finishes expressing the thought.[break][break]
I get it, I get it. A story to pass the time. It’ll keep us both warm. Here, have another drink.” The warrior pours his high king a drink. Calyrex drinks and listens.[break][break]
Gabe Navidson…now there’s a guy who had a dream.” Pride hangs over his smile. “I’m gonna be champion of Hoenn, Navy.” His voice raises a pitch in imitation of his brother’s voice. “No matter what. Hoenn needs a good champion. Someone who’ll keep its people safe.” Sadness, a father’s grief, spoken by a brother.[break][break]
Remember the first time he decided that was his dream. There’s these uh, picture stories. We call ‘em movies. I can bring you one sometime. Anyway, back when we were kids, movies about Pokemon trainers were the big thing. They got popular again. The big one was called Red and Blue. Two kids from Pallet Town battling each other and eight gym leaders. They face off at the end after taking on the Elite Four. Good stuff.” A small pause, a fan’s sigh. “Movies just ain’t what they used to be.”[break][break]
Calyrex affords his bard a blank stare. That note was lost on his audience.[break][break]
Anyway. Gabe saw that kid go all the way. He saw him be the best. Gabe decided he wanted to be the best, too.” Navy’s scoff is tired. He’s had to give a lecture on this very subject to so many kids. “That’s a dream for a gentler world, you get me? That was from before the war. Before Rocket. Back then, being Champ meant something entirely different. Gabe didn’t know what he was fighting for. He just fought ‘cause he had a dream to protect.”[break][break]
Navy’s gunmetal eyes reflect firelight. He remembers another fire. He remembers a night of terror, marked by blood and screams.[break][break]
Rocket attacked Slateport. The region fell into chaos overnight. Real end of the world type shi—” a cutting look from the king, “stuff. There Gabe was, in the middle of everything. Nothing but a good for nothing big brother to take care of him. We’re loaded onto trains like cattle. Tauros and Miltank heading to Arceus knows where. We’re trusting the League to protect us. Bailey Cooper picks some scientist guy over the rest of us. Train derails. Gabe nearly died.”[break][break]
Then, sometime later, Cooper’s the champion. She’s Groudon’s chosen. Gabe never said it, but I could tell it in his eyes: didn’t think it was fair. Not fair at all. She didn’t act like a champ, much less someone a god would bless. It burned him up. Made him train harder. He fought tooth and nail to train up his team. Got ready to take on the world.”[break][break]
A sad song plays in Navy’s heart, a song from that sports movie he holds so dear. A line spoken by a mother plays in his mind’s eye.[break][break]
All children leave home someday.[break][break]
He was…so happy, when they named Stone the new Champ. Thought he’d die of excitement the day Kyle became the Champ. Now there’s two guys you can believe in, Navy. I’m gonna beat ‘em both. Gonna be better than both of ‘em. They’re so old. They gotta retire and push rockers around.”[break][break]
Once more, he feels like he’s about to cry. It seems storytelling is bad for the heart. Instead, the rider drinks down his sorrows with mead.[break][break]
Gabe set out from home with a smile on his face. Went around grabbing his badges. Happy as a Clamperl...” Hands dig into the soil beneath them. “…then some Rocket bastard killed him in Sootopolis. Gabe died. Fell into an early grave. Only thing…”[break][break]
Navy stands up. He draws Ironsides’s last feather, plunges it into the soil. He grips it like gripping it will bring back the dead, or that the words he speaks are the truest he will ever say.[break][break]
…only thing keeping his dream alive’s me. A Navidson boy’s gotta be a champ one day, Navy. That’s what he always said to me. That’s why…”[break][break]
His breath steadies, he takes the blade back, returns it to its place at his side.[break][break]
I’ll make his dream come true. That’s what any good brother would do. Any good father.”[break][break]
Calyrex says nothing, not even his customary cry. Navy turns to leave, takes a few paces. Even if it is his job to watch Calyrex, he can afford another little stroll. He stops, to say a few more words.[break][break]
A guy like me, he’d make a good champ for Hoenn while it’s at war. I…I don’t want Hoenn to need a champ like me or Silph. My dream’s for a Hoenn where someone like Gabe or Melody’s the best champion Hoenn could have. Someone sweet, nice, who isn’t a di-” pause, “jerk. I’ll fight tooth n’ nail to make that world a reality. Then…” Acceptance of what he sees as an inevitability.[break][break]
Well…you wanna help us so bad, I hope you’ll help Isaac, Kyle, and the rest put the pieces back together.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

A tale of a dream.
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
all our weight is just a burden offered to us by the world
awards
419 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 13:25:41 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal eddieh"]
[attr="class","top"]

Okay, yeah, running off like he did last time was kinda rude, Eddie had to admit. But he had his head on straight this time, he convinced himself, and he had also taken care to load up on antihistamines to stymie the waterworks from his previous visit. Hay fever was a unique kind of hell, [break][break]

“Hey buddy!” he called jovially as he approached the throne of the Calyrex for a third time, “You're in for a real treat today; this one's an Eddie Hisakawa original! You'll have to go easy on me, though; I ain't a writer or nothin'.” [break][break]

His pulse quickened in spite of himself as he watched the Calyrex tilt its head quizzically. There was no need to get worked up though; Eddie had been practicing this little number for days, reciting it in the mirror at his hotel room over and over like he was about to do a presentation for school. He cleared his throat and forced the butterflies in his stomach down before he began his tale, [break][break]

“There was once a king of a powerful nation, and he had a son he was preppin' to take his place. The prince loved his dad with all his heart, and did whatever his old man asked. [break][break]

His dad was always makin' demands of him, though. One day, when the prince was just a kid, he heard music for the first time. There was some kinda bard out in the town below, playin' some little ditty on his guitar, and the prince asked the king if he could learn how to sing and make music too. [break][break]

'No!' yelled the king, 'We ain't got no use for singin' an' shit. Go practice your sword-fighting; that's the kinda thing that'll serve you well.' [break][break]

And so the prince did; he'd practice day in and day out, his dad watchin' all the while. Then, one day, when the prince was a little bigger, he saw some kids playin' games out in the courtyard. It looked like a whole lotta fun! Much more fun than practicin' the same god damn sword swipe for the millionth time in a row, so the prince asked the king if he could go play games with the kids outside. [break][break]

'No!' yelled the king, 'We ain't got no use for games. You wanna play games? Then go study military strategy with our general in the castle. War games are the only kinda games we play in this god damn household.' [break][break]

And so the prince did; he studied with the general, day in and day out, readin' old history books about armies and military strategy 'til it felt like his brain was gonna explode. By now he was a teenager, and some dignitaries from a foreign land were comin' to visit. [break][break]

The guests were polite enough, all a'them bein' royals from other kingdoms, but there was one that stood out more than the others. This guy-”
[break][break]

Eddie stopped himself. A gritty lump had lodged itself in his throat; he swallowed hard. Too close, too soon, [break][break]

“This royal was god damn beautiful. Like, the most gorgeous person the prince had ever seen. So he asked his dad if he could court 'em, [break][break]

'No!' yelled the king, 'The hell is wrong with you?! That ain't the right kinda partner to have! Listen, son, I already got a bride lined up for ya from one'a these other kingdoms, so sit down and shut up.'[break][break]

And so the prince did, like every time before. He sat by his dad as the other royals came and went, and his heart broke when that beautiful... uh, person left to return to their own kingdom. [break][break]

Years go by, and the king eventually dies. The prince rises to take his place as the new king, with his wife, a couple of kids, and a lifetime of experience to prepare him for the role. But here's the thing; the new king was fucking miserable. [break][break]

There were no music or games in his new kingdom, and not a single shred of love. Sure, they were still mighty and powerful, but his wife and kids and all his subjects hated his guts. The old king had left behind a real fucked up legacy in the form of his real fucked up son, and everyone had to suffer through it til' the day they all rose up against the new king and put 'im in the ground.”
[break][break]

Eddie paused. He clasped his hands tightly behind his back, squeezing them anxiously as he tried to find his words. It hadn't really sunk in during his one-man dress rehearsals, but this story turned out to be a real fuckin' downer, [break][break]

“So, uh, the moral a' the story is to be true to you, not to whoever other people want ya to be. Because if you don't, you're just gonna make you and the people around you miserable,” he mused. “Or you could also see it as a lesson to not be shitty to your kids, because then they might turn out shitty.” [break][break]

Were those morals that would be relevant to the Calyrex? Should he have tailored the story more to what the Pokemon might have wanted to hear? Maybe, or maybe not; the Calyrex replied with it's familiar “cro rown!” all the same.

[attr="class","ooc"] Prompt 3; Legacy

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".eddieh"] --accent:#d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center; margin-top:-20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal]position:relative;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 13:31:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He’d come from another late-night visit to Head Scientist ’s lab, since he had so much free time now not being burdened with a title.

(And yet he still had problems with his own legendary patron. Figures.)

Once the previous person’s done with their tale, he takes a good look at himself, before squaring his shoulders and approaching the Calyrex once more.

“Today… I bring the story of a legacy. One that has marred my family’s name for so long. Buckle up, because this is going to be quite a ride.”

He then sat down after taking the precursory bow to ‘his highness’, and began.

“See, the Andersons are from two places—here in Hoenn, and out at Alto Mare in Johto. Widely regarded in Alto Mare as famous rich patrons of the arts, and one of Sootopolis’s oldest families to lay roots there, well… people have secrets, right?

He was trying so hard not to go into some kind of ‘vicious mockery’ at this point, because this was all true.

“Well, if I hadn’t done any digging, I’d not have known about this—hell, I was lucky enough to get my nonna and nonno to tell me about this. About some of the dirty little secrets they hid from the rest of society. About how… about how some of the family are embroiled in crime; the Alto Marean underworld, and even branched out to join the ‘other’ side.”

Did he need to elaborate?

“The family’s been on the straight and narrow now, as I’ve been appointed the current ‘head’ of the family; but back then—they dealt in crime. They dealt in forgeries, in stealing, in money laundering, in blackmail, corruption, swindling people out of their hard-earned money… I had to go back to Alto Mare for some time after I was kicked out of my previous position to set everything straight. It took forever to straighten most of the bad shit out.”

And man, that was a bloody nightmare and a half.

“Well, after most of everything had been set straight… I don’t want to inherit a legacy of crime, you know. I just want… I want to run the family on the straight and narrow as much as possible; however keeping absolutely everything clean means that you’d have to eventually stick your arm into crime as well, if but to keep everything running like clockwork.”

He sighed.

“I… I don’t want to tell Eli. Hell, she’d returned there for some time only to come running back here again because she got bored of being a ‘patron’ of the arts after her dad’s part of the family asked her to take over that part. So I have to deal with absolutely everything. It’s… it’s hard, you know. Being head of a family that has a bloodstained legacy splattered across two regions and some other places. But it has to be done.”

Another minute sigh escaped him.

“I’m not proud of what some of our family did; but it is the burden I shoulder, the cross I bear, the legacy that had been left in my hands after nonna and nonno departed this world.”

He then let the silence stretch between them; but not to the point it would get really awkward.

“Thank you for listening to what I have to share about the Anderson’s bloody legacy.”

hmmm

@tag

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 17:03:17 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo once more strode upon his Spectrier, making his way towards Calyrex. Behind him sat another one of his Pokemon - his Ariados.

"Got another story for you, King Calyrex," Hideo said, hopping off the Spectrier. He took the same seat as he'd taken before - upon which his Ariados hopped off the Spectrier as well, skittering over to the boy and laying down upon his lap. "My Pokemon here wants to hear the story too…her name's Squeeze."

Hideo didn't need to take out a book this time to read from, so there wasn't any issue with her laying there, nor was there an issue with him gently brushing her with his hand as he spoke.

"I kinda…don't have anything regarding legacy. Or I guess I could give you the opposite of one? I don't have any kind of legacy. There isn't any special prophecy or legend proclaiming I was destined to do great things. I don't have any special bloodline or heritage, and my family's completely normal. Same went for their parents, and their parents' parents and so on. There's no special treasure passed down for generations waiting for me."

"I'm just like any other kid…other than the fact I can't see, I guess. I'm just Hideo. And that means there isn't any path set for me. Anything I accomplish, anything I do, anything I become, is truly my own."

The boy went quiet for a moment, looking down towards his Ariados. "...not really much of a story, I know. Not even much of an autobiography. So, uh…actually, I think I got a story for you."

Hideo took in a deep breath - he'd be winging it this time around.

"There once was a boy who had a dream: he wanted to climb the tallest peak. Everyone doubted that he could, telling him it was too dangerous, and he knew that the only way to convince them otherwise was to do it. So one day, he went off to do just that."

"But he knew he couldn't do it alone - and along the way, he met a girl. He told her of his dream, and in doing so, convinced her to join him, for she wished to see his dream become a reality."

"The two faced many trials and tribulations, even before they reached the mountain they wanted to climb, but the two persevered, and the two grew to care for the other greatly. The mountain itself proved to be far more treacherous than either could have expected, but by working together, they made progress. Soon, the peak of the mountain was in sight. They both had a ways to go, but the boy's dream was within reach."

"But in his over-eagerness, the boy chose to take a risky path forward, the girl following him. The boy pushed forward, and his foot stepped upon a particularly precarious rock. The rock gave way, the boy doomed to fall - had the girl not pushed him forward, taking his place."

"When the boy realized what'd happened, he'd turned to try and catch her - but it was too late. She was gone, never to be seen again."

"The boy was immediately struck with regret - not only of his immediate choice, but of even attempting to climb the mountain in the first place. If he had not left, he may never have had the chance to achieve this dream - but he never would have taken this girl along with him. And she never would have died."

"The boy could have tried to press onward, the peak the closest it had ever been. But his will to continue was gone, his dream soiled by the death he'd indirectly caused. So he descended from the mountain…but he refused to go back home. He didn't want to go home a failure."

"So instead, he chose to teach others that wanted to climb the mountain. To help them avoid the same mistakes he made. So that they could maybe achieve their own dreams."

The boy ended the story with a sign, his hand resting upon his Ariados's back.

"Now…there's a little epilogue to that story. One that was recently written."

"One day, years later, as the boy made his way to his school…he encountered the girl. She'd somehow survived her fall, and she didn't seem to be a day older than when she'd fallen. The boy hugged her, begging her forgiveness for his mistake - and she told him there was nothing to be sorry about. She still cared for him, just as he still cared for her, and she chose to stay with him, even if his new life was nothing like the dream she'd joined him to support."

"The boy was filled with a mix of joy and sadness as he slowly realized something: his dream had died when she did. But when she was back, his dream didn't return with her. And he didn't know if the dream could ever come back."

"Yet he could still find happiness in what he was doing. And she would be by his side as he did it."

An uncomfortable silence filled the air, Hideo lightly squeezing his Ariados's leg - the one she'd used to wipe away his tears.

"That's all I got for today, King Calyrex. Until next time."

The boy gently moved his Ariados aside, standing up and returning to his Spectrier. The Calyrex let out a "Cro rown." as he did, though this one wasn't as energetic as the last two he'd received.

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
226 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 19:24:29 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zachary1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Zachary was in a nervous sweat. He had the privlage to meet a legendary pokemon of all things. It was just luck as he stood there, getting a chance. He was tempted to back out too. However, so much was going on-- he couldn't tell how to get out from the crowd either. He wanted to find a story to help him. He loved reading and even dreaming up stories-- this was something he was good at! But to tell a story to a legendary KING pokemon? No pressure!. As Dizzy was resting in his pokeball, he didn't have any of the same encouragement he was used to. However he had another avenue of inspiration. Zachary soon took out his trusty Pokemon Tarot cards. IN the midsts of the crowd, he bumped into someone and one of his own Pokemon came out. [break][break] Out came his Natu, Prophet. The little bird hopped about, curious by the big crowd. Spotting Zachary, the funny bird gave a chirp and hopped up, flapped its tiny wings for control, and landed right on Zachary's shoulder. As Zachary felt the natu's warm feathers against his cheek-- his eyes came to one of his cards. "The Heirophant" showing a picture of Natu's older form-- Xatu. THe Hierophant represented wisdom, guidance, and most importantly, understanding. Slowly, a story started to form in Zachary's mind-- and felt as the Natu looked at the card too, gave a happy chirp. [break][break] The next person to move-- Zachary stood before the king Pokemon. He bowed gently-- almost risking Natu to fall off, but the little bird flapped its wings to stay on his shoulder. As Calyrex waited patiently, Zachary gulped and decided to tell the story he thought and held the Tarot card for inspiration.[break][break] "This is a story of a dreaming pokemon, who sought to change the future. There was once a Xatu, among a tribe of others of its kind. Xatu were prophets, said to witness the passing of time-- past and future. They would stand there, tracking the sun from dawn to dusk-- predicting the future of the world around them. Their visions were unanimous and choose never to move or stray from their traditions. However, one Xatu was different. He would stand apart, move around-- and even after energetic trecks or adventures in the wilds, would nap in the middle of the day. It was often ignored and unwanted by the other Xatu of its tribe, left alone and misunderstood. However, every time it would sleep-- it would dream of not a single future. It saw a different future, every single time. His visions were different from the others. This alone encured the anger of the other Xatu, refusing to listen to him or join in their meditative gatherings. ". [break][break] "It was believed-- the Xatu watched the sun and did not move for days, because they knew any changes could change the future. In respect for this ability, they choose not to act or change the future-- as if the future was always certain. "[break][break] "However, one day, a young, sad looking human boy entered the woods of the Xatu. The different Xatu saw the sad boy as he wandered the forest, as if looking for something urgently. The Xatu soon inquired what was wrong, why he was so sad-- and what he was looking for. The boy said, teary eyed. "My mother is very sick. The doctors do not know what to do. But I hear there is a special fruit in the forest, capable of curing any illness. I need to find it." the boy explained. What the boy didn't know was that the Xatu saw the boy and the berry in one of his very dreams. A phropetic dream, among the others he had. The Xatu told the boy, "I know where to find the berry. If you wish to have it, come with me." So the Xatu led the boy through the forest and to where the berry grew. " [break][break]"The Xatu took him to the tree where the berry he sought grew-- however as they arrived, the other Xatu were there. They stood there, wings raised to bar their path. "The future is certain-- this boy's mother will die. It is the nature of things. There is no point to change this future. You must accept that. We cannot allow you to change this future." they told the Xatu. The boy became more furious, arguing how he wished to save her-- even becoming so angry he would fight through them if he had to. However, the different Xatu spoke up, stopping the boy from battling and turned to his kin. " [break][break] ""My brothers, hear me. The future is not today. We see the future, and you may choose to do nothing to ensure it comes to pass. But not this boy, or I fear a changing future. He seeks to change it, to give his mother a longer life with him in it. Why would you deny the possibility to such a happier future? I wish to dream him be with his mother, and happy to know that he did all that he could to save her. " The probable Xatu led the boy through the defiant Xatu. While they stood in their path-- not a single one acted to stop them, kept by their indifference to change things. The lone Xatu flew up the tree, took the berry, and gave it to the boy. "[break][break]"The boy left the forest with the berry-- and as a result the other Xatu outright banished him from his gathering. The bird continued to live on his own, dreaming, and living as he did. Months passed and nothing changed-- till one spring day, the boy returned. The Xatu looked down to see him, and saw him with another. An older woman beside him, keeping him company. The boy introduced her as his mother, and wanted to thank the Xatu for this. Hearing about the visitors, the other Xato looked, and soon saw that the woman that was sought to die, now stood before them. While a little weak, she was alive and the boy stood there with her smiling. Grateful, the boy and mother gave the Xatu an 'amulet charm' as thanks for helping save her. It was then that the other Xatu understood. Inaction and indifference never changed the future. But the one Xatu, who choose to stand apart from the rest-- could dream and take action on the futures he saw. While they all saw one future-- he saw many, as was the true nature of time. The future was certain, but its outcome could always be changed depending on the choices they made. Had the boy not desired to save his mother and strove forward-- he would wallow in sorrow and regret for not doing all he could to save his mother. And so, the other Xatu welcomed him back-- and revered him as council to not see only the future, but what other futures could be seen beyond what they saw. That the future was never set in stone, and anyone could change the future with the willingness to act on it. "[break][break] A long sigh escaped Zachary as he felt the Natu's wingbeats-- a silly attempt for the bird to try and cool of Zachary's sweaty brow. He stood before the king Pokemon, wondering if he liked his story or not. Unable to get a responce back or not... Zachary collected himself and bowed once more to the king. "Thank you for letting me share with you my story and I hope it offered some value to you in how you see us." Zachary said humbly before the king pokemon. [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

Prompt story telling about Dreams AND Psychic.[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]--accent:#1f8999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 21:09:16 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

@--

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Another visit to the tree, and another request from the Pokemon that rested there, amused with each story it was told and each visitor that came to the tree. Some came of their own voilition, some were here for their shift to guard and protect while the Pokemon rested, and it came to a point that Yuina wasn't sure which side she landed on now. She'd spun a few stories, ones of the turmoil that she'd been drowing in as of late... And it felt nice to get it out into the open, masked by the whimsy of far away characters and unknown places...[break][break]
But today the Pokemon requested a different story...[break][break]
Tell me a story of dreams or legacy...[break][break]
"How about a truth first...," Yuina whispered after a moment, she needed to tell someone, anyone... It pained her so much to tell her truth, she couldn't bear to bring out her dreams in that moment... The dreams that she was so terrified of loosing...[break][break]
"If I have a legacy, I don't know what it is... but I'm afraid it's something terrible... And I'm afraid that... My dreams don't mean anything, if I have a legacy after all...," she murmered, she did have dreams... And she wanted to hold onto them, but it was only getting harder and harder...[break][break]
"I have the dreams of someone who should have never existed, dreams that were never meant to be mine in the first place... But now that I do have them... Is it selfish of me to want them more?"[break][break]
"I have dreams of wearing a gold Ranger's badge one day... To represent the hard work that my friends put into protecting the region... To one day live up to the unwavering confidence that everyone puts in someone they don't know is a lie... To one day believe that I'm deserving of the path that is open in front of me, that I'm worthy of how much faith has in me..."[break][break]
"I have dreams of saving the memories of a culture that's nearly lost, of preserving the History of Hisui for all to see, for centuries more to come. To make sure the Pokemon that that never asked to be here in the first place, the Pokemon that were extinct otherwise, will always be able to thrive in this new life, rekindle their species and that I can educate everyone on how special they are..."[break][break]
"I want to live alongside all of the wonderful and incredible friends that I have now... I want to know that will have all of the love that she deserves for how much she loves no matter what, that will forever stand with the strength that has been inside of her always and will continue to get stronger. I want to know that every single soul that has made this life so impossibly special will always have their happiness, no one else is more deserving..."[break][break]
"I... I dream of being a whole person, of knowing my whole self, of not being afraid of a shadow that only grows darker behind me every single day... Of not being afraid of myself... but..."[break][break]
"I know deep down, that it will be because of myself that I'll never get to live these dreams... My legacy, will be having become my own worst enemy... My legacy will be how much I hurt everyone in these dreams, that were never meant to be mine in the first place..."

notes[break]
Tales Beneath The Dyna Tree Prompt III[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 5:12:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"that's the funny thing about dreams, isn't it? you can have a good one; you can have a bad one, and still we call them dreams. but when does a bad dream become a nightmare? 

"sometimes i feel we're doomed to suffer, that every happiness we feel is temporary, interspersed between the inevitable turning point of bad turned nightmare.

"and most of the time, i'm okay with that. those spare moments of happiness, as far and few they are, they're so good. they're what makes all the bad so bearable. 

"do you mind if i lay down while i talk? it's been a long day.

"i used to dream about being important. and that meant getting stronger. that meant doing everything myself. i never thought it'd need people, that it would ever feel okay to need people.

"i dream about them a lot. ki - the people i've lost. the people i'm trying not to lose. but sometimes, when i close my eyes, when i fall asleep, they're not there. there are too many other lives inside of me. other freyas, who've done right, who've done wrong, and it's getting harder to - to not let the lines blur.

"he told me, before i left, that i haven't come back from that place. he wasn't entirely wrong. i burned galar into myself. as punishment, i think. but the place i hadn't come back from is from before. that frozen-over hellscape. 

"...

"thanks. sorry, the fire's warm. that's what i see, most of the time, when i dream. and it's not always bad, but most of the time it is, but that's okay. dawn always comes, in the end."

"crorown!"
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE
2/18 - dreams
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,687 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 12:17:10 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
She was late once again. At this rate, she’d never get a chance to share all the cool stories inside her head with the self-proclaimed King of Bountiful Harvests. Landing upon the hill where the towering Dyna Tree stood, Andrea clasped her kneecaps, taking a moment to catch her breath before addressing a very patient Calyrex.

“Wow, your head is HUGE! I mean… greetings, Your Highness!” The dragon-costumed woman bowed. “My name is Andrea Vaneau, and I’m here to tell you a story of dreams. You see, my dream is to become a Pokémon!”

“Cro rown?”

“Why, you ask? Well, it all started when I was a little girl. My parents are professional Breeders, so I was practically raised around Pokémon. They also did cosplay as a hobby, and I took after them, because what child doesn’t love playing dress up? I quickly found out that the Pokémon in the ranch were friendlier towards me when I dressed up as one of them.”

“Little kids are usually afraid of Pokémon--especially the more monstrous-looking ones, like Rhydon or Tyranitar--but I never had that issue. To them, I was like a little sister. They loved playing with me, and I loved them back. Over time, this idea got stuck in my head: Wouldn’t it be great if, instead of having to wear a costume, I actually was a Pokémon?”

“One day, a lost Deino stumbled into the ranch. The poor thing was starving, but every time my parents tried to feed it, it would get really agitated and start biting them. It was only when I dressed up as a Dragon Pokémon that I won its trust. We never found the Deino’s mother… I became his new family and named him Chomper because he liked to bite so much.”

The Hydreigon next to her growled with pride, affectionately licking its trainer’s face.

“This is Chomper now, in case you couldn’t tell! Since then, I’ve made up my mind that I wanna live alongside Pokémon as one of them! People keep telling me I’m crazy or that it’s impossible, but weirder things have happened in Hoenn, right? So, that’s my dream: To one day wake up in a new body with claws, fangs, wings, a tail, and who knows, maybe even a big head like yours!”

“Cro rown!”
//a story of dreams
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 1:48:52 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

After the King of Bountiful Harvests rests for two days, she finds the small hare king sitting at the Dyna Tree in the evening and greets him with a curtsy. “Hello, Your Majesty. Have you rested well?” Her question to the king is met with a “Cro rown!” from the legendary psychic type and she would sit down next to the king. [break][break]

“You liked my last story in spite of it being a more personal one.” A little blush came onto her pale cheeks and the Galarian ambassador smiles at the hare king. “I have a story that I am sure you’ll love. It’s a fairy tale that I loved a lot when I was younger and my father used to read it aloud to me at bedtime.”[break][break]

Her Mismagius comes to float next to her mistress as the Galarian princess starts her story to the king.[break][break]

“Once upon a time, there was a prince of Galar and his dear wife who longed for a child. They tried everything to sire a child of their own, but their efforts were seemingly in vain. The wife of the prince bemoaned that she will never be able to have the joy of being a mother and her husband comforts her in telling her that they will try again.”[break][break]

“At last, a miracle is shown to the distressed couple when the prince’s wife is pregnant with a child of her own and the prince’s wife gives birth to a daughter on a winter’s night at the royal castle. All of the kingdom’s subjects came to the royal castle to celebrate the young princess’ birth as the prince and his wife invite three fairies to sit at the dining table with three named plates.”[break][break]

“The first fairy comes to the cradle where the sleeping newborn princess is tucked into her sheets and she blesses the child that the princess shall be the most beautiful woman in the world. After the first fairy joins the table, the second blesses the infant that the princess shall have the loveliest singing voice…”[break][break]

“As the third fairy goes to give her gift, an older blonde fairy in a flowing black dress comes to the feast. She shakes her head and mutters something under her breath as the younger fairy hides behind the curtain for she feared that her elder would give a dreadful gift to the young princess and that she would be the last to give hers in case her fears came true.”[break][break]

“This older fairy admonishes the prince and his wife for forgetting to invite her to the feast and she brings her gift to their child. She speaks that on the royal infant’s seventeenth birthday, the princess will prick her finger and she will die. The cursed gift terrifies the prince and his wife as the elder fairy disappears from sight in a flash of sickly green flames.”[break][break]

“When the younger fairy comes out from behind the curtain, she reassures the prince and his wife that their daughter will not die and it’s true that she can’t undo what her elder has done for her gift since it’s powerful magic beyond her own. Instead, the fairy shifts it, so that the princess won’t die, but fall into a deep sleep until true love's kiss will wake her from her slumber.”[break][break]

“Still, the prince feared for his daughter’s safety and for the next years of her childhood, he isolates her in the royal castle and has her guarded at all times. The princess with her pale skin and dark magenta hair grows up in a very lonely, sheltered, and protected environment that she wished she could go outside and play with the other children.”[break][break]

“Her only childhood friends were her Misdreavus and the younger red-headed son of an esteemed family of knights where his mother was friends with the princess’ father. When the years pass by, the princess grew up to be a beautiful young woman around the time of her seventeenth birthday and one day, her parents were away at another aristocrat’s estate in the city. She and one of her old maids go out the garden with the roses grown by the gardeners.”[break][break]

“And as the princess sees the most lovely red rose in bloom, her fingers picks up the flower by its stem and the rose’s thorns prick them. She falls to the ground while her maid picks her up to take her to her bed. She sleeps peacefully while the maid lets the prince and his wife know that the prophecy has been fulfilled and as the princess sleeps in her bed, she dreams of her childhood sweetheart and love coming to wake her.”[break][break]

“Over the fall and winter seasons, the royal castle is covered with thorns as many sons from other noble families attempt to traverse the thorns, but it appeared as if they were not worthy. When spring came in the next year, a young red-headed man came back from traveling to another city in the kingdom and he sees the thorns letting him pass. He’s worried about the princess as he hasn’t seen his childhood friend for so long.”[break][break]

“Stepping into the bedchamber, the first sight that he sees is a vision of sleeping beauty. He leans in to kiss her on the lips and the princess wakes up. With her father and mother being overjoyed to see their daughter awakened, the princess tells them about her dreams while she was asleep.”[break][break]

“Then the princess and her knight lived happily ever after where they are happy together as a couple.”[break][break]

As Elise looks over to the Calyrex, she takes out a sugar cookie from a plastic bag filled with them from her pack and gives it to the king. “How was it? I hope it’s enjoyable.” She asks the High King as he takes the sugar cookie and eats it before he gives her a happy cry.[break][break]

“Cro rown! Cro rown!”[break][break]

Though she doesn’t think that she could give his head a pat, the royal ambassador replies in a soft tone.[break][break]

“I am so glad you liked my story, Your Majesty. I'll have more for you when I come back to see you.”

TAGS – Tales Beneath the Dyna Tree[break]
NOTESPrompt #3: Dreams and/or legacy

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
489 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 5:53:41 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minicharwrap"]

[attr="class","minicharh"]

dreams and/or legacy

[attr="class","minicharentry"]

she thought they were lying. [break][break]

thought they were lying when they said there was an odd pokemon sitting at the tree, listening to stories like a delibird during christmas. lo and behold, marisol is wrong, and there is indeed an accursed creature at the tree, ready to take in the stories. oh, she remembers the creature well - she only barely remembers the dream that it put her in. she doesn't recall, much as she would like to, but she knows that something in her changed after she woke up. [break][break]

there was a longing for something. [break][break]

and she can't quite describe it. it's the itch she can't reach, and it frustrates her. it frustrates her. [break][break]

but what use is it ranting and venting to the pokemon? [break][break]

she looks at it, it looks back at her, but there's no recognition. no, rather marisol is tired when she's reminded. she'll take a deep breath, and sit herself down by the regal pokemon. "you wished for a story?" she asks, putting on a practiced smile, like it's a reflex. she, of course, bows to the royalty like the peasant she is.[break][break]

"there was a woman." she starts, eyes closed whilst hugging her knees closer to her chest. "she was beautiful, wonderful. incredibly smart, loving, and a prodigy. she used her talents to help others, and studied medicine." marisol only pauses, briefly, to chuckle "although, everyone said she worked too hard, and that she'd never find herself a partner at the rate she was going.." [break][break]

there's a brief pause, but marisol takes in the slightly chilly air, and reaches to take her scarf from her neck to place on the ground - something of an inviting blanket to the pokemon. it's up to them to take it, if it pleased. "she worked hard, and in the end was able to make a lot of money. she had a lot of money, a lot of friends, and a lot of what.. a lot of people thought was happiness." the breeze blows, sending ripples in the blades of fauna "she was happy in the moment, but when the lights were off and she was alone in the bed, she wasn't happy. she was lonely." she had everything, and was still lonely. [break][break]

"until she met someone she loved, who was a man who had the same goals as her." now she leans towards her knees, the smile warmer, but it never reaches what looked to be dead eyes. "he treated her well. he treated her family well. he treated children well. he was the doctor who worked in the hospital she was a pharmacy for, and they got along well. he was charming, whispering sweet nothings and tenderly holding hands in the night. when she was scared of thunder, he'd wrap her in a blanket. when the nights were too dark, or the winters were too cold, he'd share his warmth and be her light." she's speaking words, and she's rambling more than she should. there's a part of her thinking that she should have told this story like she did with the sick children in the hospital, but this is a tragedy, and not a romance.[break][break]

"those two prodigies have a child, and the woman is happy." she was the happiest she had ever been, "... she finally had happiness that could not be bought, and she loved her family very much." another pause, as marisol adjusts herself where she sits. yes, she tries to maintain eye contact with the pokemon, and she forces the smile - it's just starting to get harder to do. "the child is very smart, and she's growing well. the woman loves her daughter a lot, even though she's busy a lot of the time. even after a long day at work, her energy is restored when she gets to see her husband and daughter. everything was perfect." [break][break]

it was perfect. [break][break]

"until one day, the bubble is popped. she finds her daughter with red stained hands and streaks on her face. her daughter, happily, hugs onto the woman with those filthy hands. the woman is concerned, fretting, pushing the girl away to look for wounds. she finds nothing, and the reality dawns. she asks: "honey, why are you all read?" in a soft tone, trying to disguise the terror." marisol does her best to replicate the voice, though the quiver comes a bit too natural. [break][break]

"the child, with a smile on her face, claims that she was helping her father. the blood in her face drains, asking her daughter to go take a bath and wash it off. when she does, she marches to her husband in anger. when she reaches him, the kind, warm eyes that always looked at her with affection were gone; they were dead, and empty, and icy. they were devoid of the man--... no, the human she fell in love with."[break][break]

the next words are stuck in her throat, but she pushes through. [break][break]

"he was a monster." [break][break]

she was a monster. [break][break]

"so the woman took her daughter and ran away from the monster. the man she loved was eaten by the monster, who only wished for flesh, and blood, and bone. the woman took her daughter to so many doctors, and so many people to help her, but no one could help her because she forgot. the woman wanted to do everything to help her lovely daughter, and she still loved her." [break][break]

she still loved her. [break][break]

"the daughter looked like she was getting better, and the woman was happy enough. she was glad that her child was okay, and she wasn't scared, until she smelled something bad coming from her clo--"[break][break]

the words are caught in her throat for a moment, and her brows furrow in slight disdain at the memory. [break][break]

".. closet. there, she finds a small animal, dead, cut open and rotting. the woman covers her mouth and nose, and she's mortified. so she puts the animal in a bag, digs a hole in the backyard, and buries it. when the girl comes home, she's exhausted, and looks to the cheery girl who holds up a pretty picture she drew." [break][break]

she pauses, again, just so the story processes. [break][break]

"but what the woman saw at the door wasn't her precious daughter, so eager to make her mother happy, no." [break][break]

"what she saw was a monster." [break][break]

"a monster she couldn't save." [break][break]

uncomfortable silence befalls her, recounting the story. maybe telling it something so close to her wasn't such a good idea, after all. [break][break]

"the woman, who couldn't save the disease of a monster from eating the man she loved, or the daughter she adored, fell into despair. her story ended quickly, with hatred in her heart and a bottle on the table. what she leaves behind is hatred, confusion, and a monstress with the world as her oyster." it's painful when she recounts, but she masks it with a chuckle "and the story of the monstress is still being written." [break][break]

when she finally finishes, she takes in a deep breath to steady her mood. yes, she's okay. it's quite nice, she has to admit, being able to talk freely about her own story the way she has. "thank you, your majesty, for listening to this peasant's tale." her speech is flowery, perhaps, for someone who she can't even understand. "the scarf is a gift for your majesty. may you stay warm whilst gracing the rest of us humble subjects with an offered ear."

[attr="class","minicharf"]

[newclass=.minicharwrap]width:520px;font-family:poppins;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap blockquote]box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap img]float:none;border:none;background:none;box-shadow: none;margin: 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharwrap hr]margin:-5px 135px 33px 135px;color:#333333;box-shadow:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharh]text-align:right;margin:-10px 0px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharh a]font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;line-height: normal;line-height: 10px;text-transform: uppercase;letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharf]text-align:center;width:490px;margin:-20px 0px -25px -54px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry]line-height:17.5px!important;padding:35px 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry b]letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.minicharentry u]color:#cecece;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 2:10:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"do you really have to ask stories about dreams? i don't think i'm qualified for that either."

his head sinks between his feet in defeat. once again, kyle sits beside calyrex by the roots of the dyna tree, imploring him with stories as an excuse to get out of the building.

"i'm not someone who can dream. you need to have a vision for that. i just see whatever is in front of me. kinda lame, i know."

kyle takes out his phone and browses through its history. there, he shows calyrex a picture of someone he had visited on their last vacation to johto.

"this person's the one that's all dreams. i don't think he even follows logic anymore." he pockets the handheld device. "i can tell you about him."

once upon a time, young kyle, fresh out of school, thought it would be a nice idea to burn through the graduation gift money his parents left him with an adventure. first stop: johto.

he decided blackthorn was the best place to stop first. he chose the wrong choice, since it eventually ended as his last as well.

the gym leader took him in as soon as his challenge ended. said he needed a gym trainer. seemed like a good deal, right? impressionable gym leader, rich family, extra chores but for a lot of pay. wrong.

every day was a different yap session. you hear about dragons of lore one day, and then he's pushing his eevee off cliffs to get it to evolve to a dragon-type the next. his head is fucked up, but it is full of creativity, i'll give him that.

that's all he's good for. it's always his dreams. every decision he makes is somehow related to it. there's no day that he doesn't talk about dragons or whatever it is he set his mind on.

it's childish, but i kind of like it.

it's different from idealism. there's a concrete ending for dreams, regardless of its realism or not. it hits the hardest when a person like that tells you that you're part of his story's finale.

he said i'm the best partner he'll have in his misadventures-- that i'll be the helpful in whatever goal he's going to reach.

it leaves an impression. it makes you want to root for it, even if it's unattainable. if they do, then helping them get to it it makes you feel like part of their legacy.

"i still have his badge. it's framed on my living room even."

blackthorn city gym was the only gym he conquered overseas. his campaign was short-lived, as he immediately decided to stop his journey after the first stop.

"now that i'm telling his story, it just makes it feel like he isn't really that special, but i guess that really is it with dreams. at the end of the day, they're just that. stories."

kyle stands up, dusting his butt off from sitting on the ground.

"but, hey, the fact that their dreams are remembered by people like me meant that they made their legacy. that's one upside, i suppose."

@tags

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 5:32:08 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

"did you know the handsome hoenn hotshot used to be a runner? like, he used to run competitively when he was younger, and he was really good at it too! so good that the school he went to even built a statue for him. the statue went missing though that's why i don't have a picture of it haha...anyways, lemme tell you the story of why he started running in the first place. it's a secret story though so you better keep it to yourself![break][break]

"it all started when he was six, or was he seven? who even remembers their childhood that well? those early years are all a blur and i think we gain consciousness around thirteen or fourteen. but yeah, he started running from a very young age and it was all because of his mom.[break][break]

"she was the kindest person ever with a heart so warm and full that you couldn't help but feel the same when around her. every morning and evening, she would take the boys to school and then pick them up after. their school wasn't too far from their house, so they walked most days, but one day, they decided to jog home. he can still remember the feeling of lightness in his feet, how gentle the wind brushed against him as he ran, how it smelled of flowers and sometimes rain. he fell in love with it, but it was only years later that he realized it was never running that he loved. it was about being able to spend time with his mom and to connect on something so simple and pure. that was what he loved.[break][break]

"his dream was to become the fastest runner there ever was and to race all around the world with his mom by his side. it was a nice dream and one he tried so hard to achieve. but when she eventually passed, that dream suddenly felt so distant. he gave up on his dream and never raced again.[break][break]

"it took him years to overcome his feelings of grief and guilt. he never ran again because every time he did, it reminded him of her. he would look to his side expecting to see her only to be reminded again and again that she was no longer there. that she left him way too soon.[break][break]

"he doesn't run competitively now, mind you, but he's since been able to enjoy going for a run again. now, the memories that return are met fondly, and it feels as though she's still with him every time he goes on his little runs in the morning or evening, sometimes even late at night.[break][break]

"his dream now is to be kind and warmhearted the same way his mom was. oh! and also to be champion of hoenn. i think that'd be quite neat. as for his legacy? hm...i don't think he's thought about it too much. as long as he can be proud of what he's done, then i think, or he thinks, that'll be enough."
[break][break]

"cro rown!"
[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]DREAMS & LEGACY

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 3:52:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It had been one long week for Josh, particularly after being haunted by a ROTOM when training alongside Tyrfing. The Iron Boulder began to at last warm up to him; while not wearing a saddle constantly, he agreed to do so upon certain conditions after working with the Gym Leader repeatedly in Area Zero, the robotic Sword's origin point. He would still not allow himself to be used in competition, but Tyrfing would willingly allow Josh to harness up when the time was right.

Letting out a yawn as the royal Pokémon prompted Josh to step forward, he had his story ready. Before taking his position, he had asked and to listen in, as they were in the dream. "Good afternoon, High King Calyrex," the Gym Leader greeted. "Today, I have a dream to share with you. It was a dream that haunted me over the late fall and early winter, and one that has been etched vividly into my memory. Dreams typically remain for minutes, hours at most. This one, though, has stuck with me. It's who I want to be. You may recall last week I told you about the folk take of the Beast Riders. This is a dream I had about being one." Shuffling his papers to the front, he began to read his prepared story to the crowned, lithe Pokémon standing underneath the tree.

It was the day of the Last Chance Qualifier for the Hoenn Racing Federation's Great Class. The top five finishers were to be promoted to Ultra Class, where they could truly compete for fame and fortune. All thirty hopefuls deserved the top spots, but only the top five would advance. No one would punch that ticket, though; just as the race began, the Harbinger's Eternal Shadow hardened the hearts of every Pokémon nearby, turning them into Shadow Pokémon. My two friends and I were some of the few to escape from the Shadow Pokémon unharmed. Though the course had been completely evacuated, a trio of noble voice compelled us to stay.

The voices made themselves known: they were the Great One Ho-oh's children. The Sacred Beasts of Johto, the fastest Pokémon on land. Raikou's divine lightning, Entei's fire and brimstone, and Suicune's crystal clear waters were the only hope Hoenn had of batting back. They bestowed upon my friends their blessings: the Crimson Blade to the Patrician the Crystal Brand to the Purifier, and the Lightning Sword to me, the Cavalier. It felt like I was holding a lightning bolt in my hand. With their blessings, we were charged with the duty of preventing the Eternal Shadow from spreading all over Hoenn, hardening the hearts of Pokémon everywhere.

The Eternal Shadow was fueled by many agents of malevolance, its progenitor known as the Warlock. Sharing a unique bond with a Shadow Lugia, all the Shadow Pokémon his cloud of darkness created were under his command. To even get to him, the three of us fought battle after battle against foes with terrifying powers. We fought battle after battle against his lackeys, each blessed much like we were. Against all odds, we were able to overcome them all, the Shadow Lugia purified by brilliant lightning, sacred fire, and cleansing water. The Warlock and Lugia had a bond so strong that one could not exist without the other. He disappeared alongside the nearly world-ending cloud he had wrought.

"Sorry it's so short," Josh apologized. "I don't remember a lot more about the dream than that." Deeply exhaling, Josh let his arms relax after having held his notes in a readable position for so long. "That, High King, is the person I've dreamed of becoming since before I became a trainer. A true hero worthy of the title Cavalier."

In a way, he already was. He had an electric feline steed in the form of Raikiri. He had the drive of a hero, putting himself in harm's way to save even the most insignificant victims. He even had a sword, courtesy of 's school, though he was very rusty and would need to practice with if he wanted to brush up on fundamentals enough to use it properly. "Thank you for listening." With that, he regrouped with and .

Theme: Dreams

{WC: 717}
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
311 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 17:54:14 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","postruinsbg"]

[attr="class","postruinstxt"]

[attr="class","postruinsicon"]
Just like before, the trainer returned to tell more of the tales his grandmother left behind. This time, it was a story about dreams.

"Back in ancient times, there once was a young girl named Lumina and her faithful companion Munmun. Through Munmun's psychic powers, Lumina possessed the extraordinary ability to delve into the dreams of others which allowed her to offer glimpses into the future. The village sought Lumina's guidance for important decisions and trusted her as their own dedicated soothsayer."

"One day, the village chief approached Lumina, seeking a look into his future. As she peered into his dreams, Lumina made an error in her reading. This error led to unfortunate consequences for the chief during the very next day. Quick to judge, the villagers, along with their chief, deemed her a phony and shunned her from the village."

"Determined to understand her mistake, Lumina embarked on a journey that took her across the region. Her quest led her to an ancient temple located in a desert not too far from her old home. The temple was guarded by a desert spirit that took the form of a dragon-like insect. Sensing Lumina's struggle, the creature offered insight into the delicate balance between dreams and reality."

"The desert spirit explained that dreams are the energy that propel us forward, but like the shifting sands of the desert, they require a foundation to take root. The earth is just as crucial as the dreams themselves. With this new wisdom, Lumina finally understood the missing piece in her ability to properly predict the future. Dreams were only part of the equation. The rigid foundation of reality was just as important when it came to determining a future."

"Filled with ambition after this new reveal, she returned to the village, ready to share all that she had learned. Embracing the duality of both dreams and the grounding force of reality, Lumina was able to find a balance that brought accuracy to her readings of the future. Initially skeptical, the villagers quickly noticed the transformation in their soothsayer's abilities. Lumina's reputation was restored, and she was never wrong in her predictions ever again."

"The story teaches you that true insight comes from following your dreams and understanding the ground beneath your feet."

"CRO-ROWN!"

[attr="class","postruinspkmn"]

[newclass=.postruinsbg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png'); width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsicon]background:url("https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/royaker.gif"); width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinsart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.postruinsartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,492 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 21:13:26 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas bowed before King Calyrex, as a showing of respect.

"Today, good King, I present you a tale of a knight's legacy.", Thomas began, before clearing his throat.

"Once upon a time, there was a brave, dutiful knight. This knight came from a long line of knights, men who made it their legacy to defend the kingdom. As those that came before him did, the knight had dedicated his life to protecting the land, and its people."

"In the knight's town, a young boy had caused trouble. In the knight's boundless compassion, the knight attempted to set the mischievous youth straight. The youth, unwavering, continued to make trouble for the town. But despite the seemingly hopeless nature of the task, the knight continued to go to bat for the boy, tried to make him see the light."

"One day, the boy came across a slumbering dragon. In his foolishness, the boy awoke the dragon, angering the beast, and causing it to attack him. As the boy was cornered by the dragon, and faced his demise at the dragon's hands, the knight stepped in. The brave knight fought the dragon off, with everything he had."

"Eventually, the dragon was driven off. The knight, in fighting off the furious dragon, was mortally wounded. The boy comforted the knight in his last moments, apologizing for all the trouble he caused, promising to change his ways."

"That day, the knight died. The last in his line of gallant knights. But the boy took up the knight's legacy, training himself to be just as great a knight as the man who sacrificed himself, so that he may live on."

"The boy grew up to be a fine man, and a great knight in his own right. Fighting for the kingdom, just as his savior had before him, the boy's deeds helped immortalized the knight's legacy, beyond blood."

This time, Thomas was less nervous about how his story was to be received. After all, it came from the heart.

tags: @tag
notes: A tale of legacy