2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE (LEAGUE)
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 6:01:51 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

The scene outside would bring the sound of clopping hooves to mind but in actuality it would sound more like ice cracking underfoot and metallic thumbing as the two galar born sons trotted some fine steeds around the dyna tree. Kaz had remembered that was gifted a steed from the High King back in Galar, one that the royal supposedly rode around on in the past. It was quite different from the Glastrier that he had but he figured the King wouldn't mind a ride among it nonetheless. As for Kazimir he rode atop his Iron Crown, a piece from an unforeseeable future that may happen if the stars align. It was fitting that a replica of the Sword of Justice from a bygone era was his to ride today in occasion of the story he had today.

"Hope he's not too slow for ya Majesty. Glastonberry here doesn't kick it into high gear less there's a fight going on." He probably made the perfect sort of steed to get the King used to riding if he was a little rusty. "Cro Rown!" He replies with a sagely nod as he holds the reigns tight to lead the horse around the same path they walked for the past half hour.

"So a story 'bout legacy eh? Can't say I know some fairy tales like that buuut...I can tell you my family legacy. Dunno if you were around back then but Wyndon was named after us Wynters y'know." The Hare King glances at him with a curious look and Kaz only replies with a smirk. "Yeah back then we were just another family out in the countryside. Way I hear it we made a living hunting and being Pokemon tamers. Back then people needed those brave enough to handle Pokemon to use them to protect themselves and Pokeballs weren't a thing yet. Then war broke out around the kingdom. You can guess that the men didn't hesitate to fight. And fought they did, leaving nothing but a red path for others to follow onto victory, and in a surprise twist that's what made them king material."

The Iron Crown blinks its eyes towards Kazimir before returning them forward, "See they managed to uncover a plot the king was tryna pull with the war as a cover. Real bad shit. So they took his head. Charged right into that throne room with a sword in hand and their men that stormed the castle."

"Rown?"

"Look I get it, doesn't sound that great out loud but here me out. So they killed their corrupt king, won the war, brought some peace and prosperity to the kingdom. They ruled for a while but after a generation or two they passed it onto another family they trusted. Wynter men are leaders but not a lot are kings. Peaces lasts us for a good while until something starts terrorizing the towns folk. A wizard they say, court wizard even, had gone and killed the king and used the citizens as nothing but toys for themselves. That's when they appeared. A knight in shining armor to strike them down. Turns out this knight was another Wynter boy. They heard of this wizard and took up a blade to free the people of the torment. They helped the populace rebuild till a new king was brought in to lead the people and the knight left for back home.

This kept going for generations where one of my ancestors would show up in times of trouble to lead whoever would follow to claim victory and justice for the people. For a while they called us arbiters of justice, heroes. Knights with Honedges filled with the souls of the damned looking for justice and the souls of our ancestors guiding us. Sort of left its mark as a family tradition of raising them. But then we slowly enter modern day, kings became bosses and not many of us were spread around to deal with them, so we turned to the streets to protect the common man from the evil lurking there.

Ooooof course you can probably guess that people going around handing out some vigilante justice wasn't gonna fly in modern times. Jail time wasn't really appealing, so starting with my pops he decided to help in a different way. Not with a sword but with knowledge. Learning all that he could to help people in many different things. Kinda fell in love with books and that's how he ended up with a librarian job.

And the rest as they say, is history."
A sense of pride was swelling up inside of him as the pair came to a stop as a change of the guard was upon them. He helped the King down from his seat and gave them a salute as a sign of goodbye. "Bet ya liked learning some history eh? Makes for a nice change of pace." The king only gave a soft smile and an enthusiastic "Cro Rown!"

@tags

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

V

Sol
He/Him
Nineteen
June Twenty-Sixth
Anistar City, Kalos
Homosexual
Researcher
Civilian
Single
5'9" height
5'9" height
I know love exists because I am real and I am full of it.
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @solstice
Solstice Arylide
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 10:32:09 GMT
Solstice Arylide Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","solstice"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Hello again, Your Majesty. Time for another story already?" Sol pulled his multicolored hair back, fussing with it awkwardly, "Today's story is pretty important to me. It's about me!"
[break][break]
He taps his finger to his chin pointedly, "Where to begin?"
[break][break]
"Oh! Right. Sorry, I told myself I'd be more on the mark for this one but I guess the nerves just," He mimed throwing his thoughts out of his head. "Let's see, when I was a little boy, like really little, like six or so I used to sit at the foot of my parents' bed. I used to make them read me story after story after story."
[break][break]
"I think it used to get on their nerves, but when I got sick, when I lost all of my energy I think they were really happy to see me asking over and over again. Even full of needles and tubes, I never stopped asking after my stories." Sol has recounted this story a few times, mostly to himself, but it never failed to bother him, "I was insatiable. And I still am! Those stories were all about myths and legends and fairy tales - like the one I told you last time."
[break][break]
"We used to say they were the only things that kept me going. And in a way that might have been true. But it's definitely true now."
[break][break]
Sol cannot bring himself to look the king in the eyes, "I have dreams now, something to drive me. I had almost given up, once upon a time...but then Hoenn fell into my lap and with all of its phenomena it felt like the next right step."
[break][break]
"You see, in Kalos, I had hit every dead end one could think of. Every single Kalosian legend had led me nowhere. Which sucked because I tried REALLY hard to make them happen. It was what I wanted to do with my litge and it had all crumpled apart at my feet. I had prayed to every effigy and diety I could think of. And I can think of a lot - it's like my whole schtick. I had nothing. No drive, no passion, no proof that was I was doing was worth my life."
[break][break]
"Then I came here, one of the few regions I had never been to, after continued reports of mystical happenings. I packed my bags, kissed Kalos behind, and bought a plane ticket. It was hard...but I had a life to live. And dreams to fulfill. I mean, you, Your Majesty, are quite literally the fruition of my childhood dream! You're mysterious and mystical and your appearance here proves I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Isn't that just...magical?"

[attr="class","solsticeooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

Tell a story about dreams/legacies.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".solstice"]--accent:#ff0077;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".solstice .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]

[googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 14:42:26 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Dreams and legacies. This time, the topic given is something that she finds herself intricately linked with. And like every other time, she invites herself to sit before him, all dressed up in the colours of starlight and a waning moon.[break][break]

Pulling a thermos and two cups from her backpack, she pours out a simple offering of hot chocolate.[break][break]

"Homemade." She hums as she holds it out for him. "Just the way momma would've made it."[break][break]

The king accepts the cup, taking a slow and thoughtful sip. And so too will she, allowing time for the warmth and sweetness to spread across her tongue, a reverie of comforting memories.[break][break]

"I had a dream the other day. Rain falling outside the window. Pitter patter against the glass. Made it all foggy and blurry that I couldn't see the lavender field that grew outside."[break][break]

A light breeze slips through the branches of the Dyna Tree, gracing the lands with a passing chill and a shiver in the night.[break][break]

"Fire crackled in the fireplace. All bright, warm."[break][break]

"Dragons danced on the walls. Made friends with princesses and knights. Were princesses and knights themselves. Legends sat around the hearth in an array of shapes and colours. Dolls painstakingly knitted over the course of weeks, critters carved out of wood, monsters painted within the yellowing pages of a book."[break][break]

"I would sit there with momma, on that simple couch with so many little scratch marks. And she would hold me tight. When the wind wolves howled and rattled the walls, or when the hot-headed thunderbirds screeched in their battle against the fearsome sky serpents. When there was a new story upon the tip of her tongue, or when she just wished to spend time with me."[break][break]

"With her words, she'd bring me on adventures to foreign lands. Let me witness the beauty of things that withstood the test of time. Wonder about the wisdom that must be kept by the creatures that have lived far longer than we have."
[break][break]

A pause.[break][break]

"But a dream is a dream. When I woke up, she wasn't there anymore. And I was... I'm the only one left."[break][break]

A quiet sip of her hot chocolate seeks to tamper the brewing storm. The pause this time feels much more drawn out, leaves the king waiting with bated breath.[break][break]

"Lenore Halla was a great adventurer that would stop at nothing to record the legends. An archaeologist that made so many weird and fascinating discoveries. But above all, a momma that just really, really loved her kids. Before she left, she gifted me another kind of dream, a wish to know so much more about this world. A wish to unravel every secret this world has, to understand the reality hidden in myths."[break][break]

"I am her legacy. Eris Rosmontis Halla, the daughter of Lenore Halla. And I wish to carry on her dream, to keep it alive."
[break][break]

"For her, and for myself."

[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]tales beneath the dyna tree

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 19:02:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The theme this time around was ‘legacy’, or some variation of it.

While he’d missed his friend’s story about the burden that he carried on his shoulders, well… he was afraid that for the first time in a very long time, he wouldn’t be able to tell the Calyrex anything! What could he share?!

Most of his dreams usually ended in bloody, splattered nightmares, so… he frowned.

He was running out of ideas; however he had to come up with one, and fast!

Wondering if he could take a leaf out of someone’s book, he waited until he could approach; with the same half-bow as always.

“I don’t have a story of a legacy to share, because I left Mistralton to take matters into my own hands when my family tried to erase me. So I’ve been living here since I was seventeen, and I won’t bore you with whatever crapshit I have about them.”

Okay, now that that had been said and done…

“This is going to be so fucking cheesy. I don’t care. Censor me if you want. However, this is… well, it’s already kind of there, but fact of the matter is, I dream of the day when…”

He faltered. This was going to sound incredibly pandering, if not worse. But he’d already opened his mouth so he had to go on.

“I dream of times when I’m not like. You know… this,” he gestured to himself.

“…but that’s not to say I don’t like being gay! This is about something else. About how. Well. I have ‘cursed blood’, or as my partner calls it, ‘that one little thing that makes me all the more special’.”

Heh. Special? More like there was a ticking time bomb inside him!

“I dreamed of times when I could do… well, pretty much any normal kid could get themselves into. Run. Tripping over. Falling and getting hurt, and getting back up and being tough through the pain. Because that’s a luxury I can’t have, with me like this.

“The closest I could get was climb trees, but then. You know how you want to go on all the extreme sports that you can—like skydiving, tight-rope walking, or just even being mostly normal without worrying about injuring yourself? Or even getting the tiniest little paper cut, or a bruise on your knuckles because you slugged someone who was being an asshole and got into a fight?”

He sighed.

“I can’t do really heavy physical things. Which is what most kids did back home, and even out here. I had a dream that I was normal. Absolutely fucking normal, no blood disease or anything hampering me and my curiosity to explore the world. to climb up a sheer cliff with just my hands, to fall and get back up without having to worry about internal bleeding… yeah. It’s a tough life, the one I have.”

He was wringing his hands by this point.

“I would dream that I could jump from the tallest cliffs and fly—glide, even—up on the air currents without having to worry about falling down. Kind of like being a superhero, only without the wings and costumes and stuff. I want to fly fly, not just fly in an airplane kind of fly. Well, I don’t get airsick so that’s a plus.”

He chuckled.

“Most everyone have one or two impossible dreams, and one of mine is just that. Me, wanting to be a very normal person, without living in constant fear that I would bleed myself dry from just a minor injury… that’s all.”

Did he really have to go into depressing territory? No, he was just being a realist, that was all.

“Sorry if I made you sad or anything. That’s the life I’m stuck with, however I don’t know if dreams, absolute deepest, darkest desire-like dreams, can be made into a reality without any consequence.”

Another moment of hanging silence.

“Thank you for your time.”

Alex talks about his delulu era greatest dream: to be someone absolutely normal without the fear of bleeding dry from a relatively minor injury.

@tag

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 20:05:25 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
(TW: Allusions to Suicide)

For the third week in a row, Johanna made her way to Calyrex. She wished to regale the king with a tale once more.

“The story I bring you today will hopefully provide some food for thought, though it will be a somber tale. The tale is about the eternal question of life. What is more important? Is it to continue the Legacy of our forebears? or is it to follow our dreams?”

She allowed Calyrex a moment to ponder this while she gathered her thoughts and readied her voice.

“Once upon a time there lived a young princess. It is said she was the fairest, the smartest and the kindest in all the realm. Not a single soul doubted that when she would take the crown the country would see an era of goodness, righteousness and prosperity.” Johanna began, her tale spoken with an oratory cadence learned through several tries.

“She was the only child of the King, and so she knew she had a duty to do. The Legacy of a crown is a heavy burden to bear, I am sure you understand just how heavy.” She looked to Calyrex for a moment, though she expected no verbal reply before she continued.

“It was a burden she did not wish to bear.” Solemn pause. “Nay she desired to travel the land, to see the wilds beyond the walls, to see the ocean beyond the mountains and to meet all the critters of the land and beyond.” Another pause. She sensed her voice trembling, as she related to the princess in the tale.

She took a quick moment to compose herself and continue.

“But though she spoke of her dream, her father would hear none of the words. She was to take the crown, to marry and to bear rightful heirs. The Princess did not relent. She wanted to do none of those. But no matter how many times she tried, how many different words she spoke, he did not budge. She even tried to compromise, to ask only for a few years to see the world and experience its wonders. But again, the King did not budge.”

“Desperate, she tried to run away. But she was quickly caught and locked away in a tower with but a single window. A window from which she could see beyond the walls and hear the calling of adventure. The Adventure her heart yearned for.”

“She spent many years in the tower. From time to time her father would try and talk sense into her. But they were feeble attempts at making her see the rightness of HIS way. He never managed to convince her that her dreams were less important than the legacy he cherished so much.”

“Her father knew this too, and saw it plainly in her defiant gaze. But she was of his blood and she would bear the burden as he had. How could he allow her to carry out the dream he never could? And so he pushed on. Bringing suitors that were all promptly rejected. Until at last he decided to force the marriage upon her.”

“It is said that one day he proclaimed to her ‘Tonight will be your last day in this tower. Forget your dream for tomorrow you will be a Queen, by force if I must.’ And so the Princess was left alone to have one final gaze out of the window she had come to cherish. One final gaze upon the Corviknights that each night flew away into the sunset.”

“When the next dawn arrived the princess was nowhere to be found in her tower. She had chosen to spend the rest of her life chasing her dream and flying alongside the Corviknights.”

She met Calyrex’s gaze. “The King was struck with grief as he finally saw the error of his ways. The burden of legacy and the fervor in which he had pursued it had ended the very legacy he so desired to see continued.”

“And on this sad and sour note my tragic tale comes to an end. I hope it was not too much” She bowed politely and respectfully.

"Cro rown!"

Notes:
- Johanna tells the tale of a Princess who dreamt of Freedom to see the world and explore its wonders, and her father who was weighted down by the burdens of the Legacy of the Crown and the regrets of the dreams he left behind in the name of legacy. The King crushes the princess' dreams and it results in her untimely demise.

Prompts used:
- Dreams and/or Legacy

@tag

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 23:39:33 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

TBTDT (LEAGUE)

Fire & Ice.

His eyes, sunken at the King's request, grew dim.

Perhaps as his punishment for missing out on their previous arrangement, he was given a significant request.

The knight's silence stretched on for long— longer than most people would've been comfortable with. But the King was undaunted, patient.

Eventually, the knight knelt before the King of Bountiful Harvests, the motion slow and methodical.

"... I was once married. To a most beautiful human being."

It has been a long time. What feels like forever now.

Though it was for a precious, short time, I... I can say with, all sincerity, that those were the happiest years of my life.

My wife was a unique woman. Stronger than any other person I had ever met to my eyes, yet, as delicate as a flower in the middle of winter once I held her in my hands.

She... we had two beautiful daughters together.

My wife had many hopes and dreams for them. But... she did not live long enough for any of them to materialize.

I can't say they resemble her much— not their appearance, and not their character. But whenever I look at them, I can't help but think of her.

They are that is left of her in this world. They're her legacy. Their beloved Gwyn and Gwen.

And I... I have— I have spent.

I have spent over half of their lives... away...

The words slowly die in his mouth, his eyes dull on the grass below.

"... I must apologize, your majesty." The knight says as he rises to his feet somberly. "I must be off."

Despite the lacking courtesy, the man spun on his heel and left the tree, silhouette morose and heavy.
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 23:49:58 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Baki stops along the path every night on her way home from work these days. Every night, the Calyrex has been lulled to sleep by the tales of many people who travel far and wide, offering it tales from all over. [break][break]

This night, it stands under the tree, still awake. She stops again, crouches down beside it.[break][break]

"Can't sleep again, huh? Me either. Boss drinks too much coffee. I gotta too, just to keep up."[break][break]

's got her working like a horse, working double shifts, and she's still at the office more than Tsubaki is. How the woman manages it, she'll never know. The councilwoman's stronger than she'll ever be.[break][break]

"Well, how 'bout another story, then?"[break][break]

The little king sighs sleepily. Maybe he's tired of stories by now. Maybe it's just a yawn.[break][break]

Either way, guess this is her chance to tell another one out of earshot.[break][break]

"There's this tale in Galar. Come to think of it, maybe you've heard it: The Ponyta and the Mudbray.[break][break]

"The two are yoked together. Asked to help carry the same load. But the prissy ponyta who doesn't want dust in her hair refuses. [break][break]

"'If I work, surely I'll get dirty. It will ruin my hair, the one thing that makes me beautiful. Oh, but... I wouldn't expect YOU to understand.' Above it all, she puts the burden on the mudbray to put in most of the effort.[break][break]

"The mudbray appeals to her. 'Please, help me! If you don't help, surely I'll die of exhaustion! Then, not only will you need to carry all the load, but me as well!'[break][break]

"The ponyta scoffs. Why would she listen to a lowly mudbray, who has a frayed mane like that? And so, she doesn't take it seriously. The mudbray puts in all the effort, and just like she said, the mudbray eventually dies of overexertion."
[break][break]

At this, the king whines. Baki leans over, puts a hand on his bulb to reassure him. [break][break]

Still, that doesn't change the story's moral. She continues, looking the little king in the eyes.[break][break]

"The ponyta ends up carrying not only the entire load, but also the mudbray's hide. The burden she put on others became hers, because she thought she was above helping others. [break][break]

"That's why... I'm doin' what I can. Boss is a workhorse, don't wanna end up in the same position as that pony."
[break][break]

She smiles at the king. [break][break]

Somehow, she thinks, that feels inspirational. But the worried look in the king's eyes makes her second guess herself. She stands up, walking a few paces away.[break][break]

"Hey. You got a horse too, don't'cha? Where'd that ever go? Navy used to ride it, back when... "[break][break]

She trails off, strange memories of a different life surging to the forefront of her mind. Then, they're forgotten just as easily. She stops, feeling like she just had a moment of clarity.[break][break]

Something about . But it's gone now.[break][break]

"... What was I talkin' about? Oh, well. [break][break]

"Have a good night, bud. Don't forget to put in your best efforts."
[break][break]

If the her from a year ago heard her say something like that, she'd be in deep shit. Good thing that girl's grown up a bit since.[break][break]

+ Prompt 1: Ideals [break]
+ Prompt 2: Justice [break]
+ Prompt 3: Psychic and Ground

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 1:41:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"This one's an easy one. After all, we both know dreams have power, don't we?"[break][break]

Perhaps it was a surprise to Isaac when Calyrex tilted its head, somewhat uncomprehending. If they remembered anything about Isaac's reign as the King of the Aegis, they sure weren't saying. "Ah, who'm I kidding? You're probably from the other dream. Two artifacts, two trees. Bet the you that popped up in Sootopolis is still pissed at the shit Matias pulled, huh?"[break][break]

"Still. If a dream could split a king in half, that just proves my point. Dreams have power like you wouldn't even believe."[break][break]

It was funny. Some people treated the Dyna Tree less like a storytelling opportunity and more like a confessional booth. They'd bring their greatest triumphs and deepest tragedies before Calyrex, getting them off their chest to a cry of "Co-rown!" Normally, that wasn't Isaac's style. He preferred allegory, using simple symbols to tell Calyrex the deep truths of the region. Far as he was concerned, Calyrex didn't know who he was, nor did he care. Why talk their ear off over nothing?[break][break]

This time, things were different. Isaac's experiences, fractured shards as they were, pointed to a deeper truth he knew he wasn't smart enough to comprehend on his own. With the two biggest-brained women he knew on opposite sides of a blade, maybe he'd need to turn to the world's biggest-brained Pokemon instead.[break][break]

"A long time ago, when I was in a way worse place, I let one of my most trusted friends run a little test on me." Damnit. Even now, Isaac felt a small smile creeping up on his face at the mention of . Nonetheless, he held his serious tone in the face of such serious news. "She wanted to see if Tera Energy could push a human past their limits. So she pumped me full of energy and hoped for the best."[break][break]

"When I woke up, I wasn't with her anymore. I was lost in a world of dreams. And I don't mean I was asleep and dreaming. I mean dreams. Everything I wanted to be, everything I could have be, every shred of potential I've got, all laid right out on the table in front of me. Maybe that's why no two Pokemon tera the same way. Maybe they're each off chasing their own dream."[break][break]

"Now, I know what you're thinking. What's this got to do with anything? Hate to say it, but. I don't have a clue. I do, however, have a clue about who we can ask." This next person didn't bring a smile on Isaac's face. Instead, it brought a deep, frustrated sigh. "Maldacena. The Pete Best of the Dark Triad, because of course there's four of those assholes instead of three."[break][break]

"Guy fancies himself some kinda programmer. Made a digital world in some space between dimensions, tried to replace us with a bunch of fake copies. Skimmed a whole bunch of info about us by tossing those doubles onto some dating app and seeing what happened next. Guy's always trying to play god. I tried to track him down, and you know what I found when I went back to that digital world of his?"[break][break]

"Nothing. Nothing but little wisps of dream mist."[break][break]

"I didn't think it meant much at first. Then we went to war in the Ultra Deep Sea, and what did we find in the rubble but a disk? A disk tied to the Triad, the history of the region, and most importantly Arceus itself." It wasn't Rocket's alone anymore. The League had found their own way in, and now they each had a disk. God itself had been reduced to another step in their arms race. "An RKS simulation. Another digital world. Another layer of reality, just like the dreams of Galar we all got sent to."[break][break]

"It's all connected. Dreams, and history, and crystals, and digital tech, and the Triad. And the more we dig, the more we find out, and the more things break down. Hoenn's greatest heroes are burdened with a past life that we can barely remember. Tunnels of tera crystals are rotting our world from the inside. Powerful Pokemon that shouldn't even exist are being plucked out of the mist and turned into conscripts. The more we meddle with these forces beyond our control, the more things break."[break][break]

"And at the center of it all's the Triad, telling us they told us so while digging our grave deeper. Makes you wonder why they even care so much."[break][break]

"I think I might know why." The evidence was all on the table. The connections were set. Now it was time to share his theory. "We know dreams have power. We know they can create life. We know they open up new layers of reality, that feel every bit as real as our own. We know when they leak back into our own reality, when they build up to a fever pitch, they get real dangerous."[break][break]

"What if that's the origin point? 'Cause I'm sure you know by now that there's never a dull moment around here. We're always on the cusp of a disaster. We're always fighting among ourselves and kicking up a fuss. We're always digging deeper than we should, hunting down every shred of an advantage we can pull out of this war. And from what I've heard on both sides, Arceus ain't even an exception."[break][break]

"One of these days, we're gonna kick up so much of a fuss that the head honcho itself can hear it. Not the head honcho of one of these multiverses. The guys responsible for everything. Maybe it's Arceus. Maybe it's whatever made Arceus. But it's gonna hear us, and it's gonna get jolted out of its dream. The most powerful dream in the world. The dream of the whole fucking multiverse. And what happens when you wake up from a dream?"[break][break]

"It ends."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 3:49:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had been busy with her Captain duties for so long that she couldn't make it to Ever Grande until close to nightfall. "Good day to you, High King, and I apologize for the tardiness," Shalin greeted the Galarian monarch, the Ranger dressed in her Venusaur Sygna Suit. "This one's a little more personal - a dream of mine. Before I became Rustboro's Captain, my title was the Wildest Pokémon Rider in Hoenn. After the Halls of Origin led to not only disappointment, but a pandemonium that never should have been unleashed upon Hoenn, I needed a new dream. That goal was to make good on my title and find the wildest Pokémon ride in any of Hoenn. It was not too long afterward that I had heard the tale of the Sacred Sword, Keldeo. Hearing of the way he moved and fought, I could only dream of pinwheeling through the sky on the power of his Hydro Pump-fueled hoof jets, like no other Pokémon could." After all, what could get the wild child's blood pumping more than spinning through the air as fast as a buzzsaw? If there was one thing Shalin was known for besides her position as Captain, it was this most unusual way of catching a Pokémon.

"To prepare, I tested my skills against wild Pokémon of all kinds, ambushing them from above and holding on with everything I had. The giant Ninetales from the bottom of the Crystal Trench was only the start. Houndoom, Pidgeot, and even Sharpedo tried to hurl me off their backs. Those experiences let me live my dream in a different way: through my Sygna Suit."

Clicking open a Poké Ball, her hulking Venusaur appeared from within, easily taller than a one-story building. Both of them glowed green as Infinity Energy started to flow between them. The grass-type extended one of her thick, enormous vines, the Captain mounting the end of it like a Pokémon. "I won't give you a full demonstration here, but being able to do this was what made me realize I was ready to live my dream. It was just a matter of finding Keldeo." That day was not too long ago.

"He appeared in the Silent Icelands, fighting alongside all of us, whirling and wheeling around just as fast as the legends said. We fought alongside one another for what felt like hours. I was able to get close enough to him to make my move, only to realize he was... a lot smaller than I thought." Her adventure had closed just as quickly as it had opened. With Hoenn's Keldeo being a lot smaller than she surmised.

"With how many Pokémon are out there, I'm sure there's one out there that will get the blood pumping even more than he would. Sorry if I rambled on... this whole thing was last minute." It was all true, though; her frustration to find out Hoenn's Keldeo was tiny was just as great as the reward of her hard work last year.

Theme: Dreams

{WC: 510}
close tab

played by

rysa

Demoman
He/Him
March 17
Circhester (Galar)
Heterosexual
Demolitionist/Eco-Terrorist
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
63 posts
tavish rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tavish
tavish rose
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 6:12:28 GMT
tavish rose Avatar
Tale about dreams, eh? Never been a big fan of those, as the main topic, but maybe something about a legacy,” the man rubbed the stubble on his chin. His four comrades each shared a stare with one another, a confirmation of having the exact same thought inside all their heads. Unfortunately for them, the man saw it all as clear as night. “What?

Sonny and Sir couldn’t sign, so they looked to Bloke and Obstagoon to convey the message they all knew true to their hearts. Bloke held up his pointed hands in defense, “Oi, I was a late addition. You’ve got the history with him, not me.

Thus, the obligation fell to Obstagoon. She started to sign cautiously, as if scared to step into the minefield right before her. One wrong step, and they’d all be blown sky-high. “Well… we think you should change that. You know. Stop being so hell-bent on the idea of dreams alone.

The man looked flabbergasted. His eye darted between them. “Is yer head on loose there, Obstagoon? We’ve talked about this before, and my mind isn’t changing: dreams on their own are worthless.

None of us disagree with you there. Not entirely, anyway,” she responded. “But a dream can be a nice thing to have. Gives you hope.

But that must be tempered by the weight of reality. Otherwise, they’re as good as the stars in the night sky– a pretty thing to look at, sure, but do nothin’ for us down here.

Do you remember when we used to dream, Tavish?

The man fell silent, knowing that this was a touchy subject for her. But he wasn’t content either, as his fingers dug into the dirty fabric of his pants. They’d done this song and dance too. Only once, and it’d been a bloody nightmare afterwords. It happened the night he decided to take matters into his own hands. When he abandoned a life of comfort and ignorance.

Our simple dreams, ones made up on a whim and gave us such whimsy in our hearts… do you still remember them, Tavish?

Of course I do,” he said. “How could I forget them?

Of owning your own lab. Of fighting for the rights of Pokémon as best as we could, even if the odds seemed insurmountable. Hell, we even dreamed of fantastical things. Like your brewery idea, or my dream to go far away, and explore new sights. New sounds. Meet more wonderful people. In a way, we both got what we wanted.

At the cost of everything, Obstagoon.

Well, that would make a good story of its–

No,” Tavish crossed his arms and shoved them forward. “Timeout. My, our history, isn’t over! There isn’t some grandiose tale here. Not the kind we should tell a King. They aren’t like the stories in this book. Ones that would be more proper, with better endings and where everyone lives happily ever after.

Back when things were simpler? Easier?

Yea!

Tavish, they’ve never been simple.

He looked to the furry black-and-white creature, and then back to the other three. None of them could properly meet him in the eyes. Something snapped inside, and he closed the book with a loud thump. “Fine.

You want a story? Here’s a story of your precious ‘dreams’, unbound by reality:

Once upon a time, nine years ago, there was a bright-faced lad with the stars in his eyes and a head in the clouds. Things were easy, simple, ignorant. He had a few friends, a few Pokémon companions, and life was easy. There weren’t any actual problems, and there wasn’t any hardships. He had a nice job where he did what he loved.

And then they came,” he spit the acidic phrase off of his tongue and motioned far away, towards Sootopolis. “They came from the sea and started to steal. Plunder. Kidnap the precious creatures that wanted to live simple lives. Brought to a foreign land against their will, where everything was awful. A war zone, where they were drafted or conscripted at best. Not to mention the treacherous seas that many never escaped.

And this hurt the man. Not only because of what was happening, but because of how the people reacted: they didn’t. They shrugged their shoulders, said ‘what can you do’, and bloody well moved on with their lives. How could they willingly choose to turn an eye to the problems that plagued their lands? How could they sleep at night, knowing that they held the power to help the situation?

So, the man acted. He called the government and asked them what their plans were, how he could help. And they turned him away. ‘Join the royal guard, and you can make a change’. So, he did. He worked hard, day and night, to get into their illustrious service.

Yet he never did. His work meant nothing, because he was always passed over. Never given the time nor day to prove himself loyal to the cause. Excuse after excuse, they sent him home with a pat on the back and a ‘better luck next time’. How it infuriated him. How his blood boiled.

So, he decided to join a local watch. Keep an eye out for intruders that dared to take from their homes. He was accepted, and he watched with as good an eye as everyone else. Day and night, always on the lookout. He never saw anything, either from the cover of night or because of other obligations. Yet the problem persisted. Nothing got better. If anything, things grew worse. Like not even those in charge cared.

The man started to expand his efforts. He raised awareness, sent out petitions, held peaceful protests against the seemingly infinite inaction. If there was a way to show the problem to all, then he did it. Everything under the sun was fair game, save for direct violence. For he was one man, and this a problem for an entire body of people. They were so many, and they so few– so why couldn’t they stop it?

And as time went on, something started to change in the man. His heart grew cold, and his brain full of strange ideas. Those clouds he reached for, the ones he thought firmly in his grasp– nothing more than blips in the sky. The people did not care. The royalty did not care. No one cared, it felt. And despite his best efforts, his attempts to make the imagination into a reality, he never got a single foot off the ground.

It was only when he resorted to violence that the people noticed. That the people cared. If it did not affect them, then it wasn’t a threat. But as soon as it disrupted their daily life, then they grew mad. Upset at the injustice being performed at the hands of this villain.

But the villain was him.

The people turned on him. Insulted him for his methods, assaulted him for his decisions. The royalty condemned him. Pokémon feared his name, for what he might do.

But the invaders learned to fear that man. Whenever they saw his signature red fatigues and smelled brimstone in the air, they knew themselves doomed. They had been deemed problems, and problems were best squashed underfoot. For him to take action, he had damned himself to hell. A life of this path that no one would dare tread. Because they were afraid of losing things.

The man did not live happily ever after,” his knuckles grew white, “he did not get to realize his dreams. He did not get to live the life he wanted. He has given so much to better the lives of those around him, and yet they spit on his shoes.

You can keep your dreams, those clouds in the sky, like the Kingdom of the North,” the man set the book down by his side and pulled himself to his feet, “but tell me where that gets you in a year or ten.

Tavish, they give us reason to wake up in the morning, to have hopes and look to the future!

And look where that got me, Obstagoon. Look where we are now.

The man stormed off, his boots heavy in the dirt and grass. Dew scattered off the stalks, leaving behind a trail of mother nature’s tears. She wept for the man, and for those he had to leave behind. She wept for a soul that kept his head focused right ahead, with a glint in his eye that would never go away.

One that could only admire the night sky and moon for what they were, not for what they could’ve been.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 8:00:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]TALES BENEATH[break]THE DYNA TREE (LEAGUE)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT
LEAGUE ONLY

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/CALYREX%20THEME.mp3[/player]
[break]

🎼 Calyrex Theme - Pokemon Sword and Shield

EVER GRANDE CITY

THE CALYREX DEDICATES EACH STORY TO MEMORY. Although this is an unfamiliar land, the King seems pleased to be surrounded by storytellers. One wonders how long Hoenn's story will endure. By world's end, how will this region of land, sea and sky be remembered?[break][break]

The Calyrex returns to the tree to rest. After a day or two, the King returns, ready to receive more stories.[break][break]

Psychic energies consume another form as another vessel is chosen for the Calyrex's speech:[break][break]

"your stories have nearly sated my hunger, and now, in this culminating week, i require your bardic bounty once more. do not exercise restraint, so that i may surpass the constraints of this arboreal realm."

WEEKLY PROMPT

WEEKLY PROMPT

THE CALYREX AWAITS YOUR STORY. Like fabled bards, your character may recite a story to CALYREX. It does not matter if the tale is fiction or not. However, every week or so, there will be a new PROMPT for your characters to revolve their stories around. ICly, the CALYREX will receive all kinds of stories throughout the month.[break][break]

Throughout your character's spoken story (they must speak it, for oration is essential for memetic canonization), the CALYREX will listening intently. Afterward, the Hare King will express its gratitude with an emphatic "Cro rown!"

PROMPT FOR 2/25-2/29
[break][break]
Tell me a story of...[break][break]
  • Memory and/or sacrifice OR

• *Ghost and fighting.

*Reference a ghost-type and fighting-type Pokemon, move, or the element in general, etc.

[break][break][break]

REWARD FOR 2/25-2/29

[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/berry/occa.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1x OCCA BERRY - can be exchanged for an additional ability on your pokemon if applicable"][img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/tm/fighting.png" style="float:none;box-shadow:none;border:none" title="1X LEVEL TUTOR"]

INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINE

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT will last until the end of the month, updating every week. Please heed the following rules.[break][break]

• This is the LEAGUE'S DYNA TREE; Rockets can participate in this thread.
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • A DYNAMAX CANDY will be given to characters who PARTICIPATE IN ALL FOUR PROMPTS (2/2-2/10, 2/11-2/17, 2/18-2/24, 2/25-2/29).
  • [break]
  • One-liners or low effort posts will not be counted for the prompt.
  • [break]
  • Rewards you earn can be IMMEDIATELY PLACED INTO YOUR PC without a Site Shop post.
  • [break]
  • You can only POST ONCE PER WEEK/PROMPT.
  • [break]

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT WILL END FEBRUARY 29TH, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
all our weight is just a burden offered to us by the world
awards
420 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 16:40:21 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal eddieh"]
[attr="class","top"]

“G'morning, little man!” Eddie beamed, his smile so wide that it almost made his face hurt, “It's been real fun hangin' out with ya, but I gotta head back home tomorrow, so this is the last time I'm gonna get to see ya.” [break][break]

It felt a little bittersweet, stepping into the king's court for what would probably be the last time. Damn shame he couldn't stick around; he wouldn't mind staying longer to continue playing the bard (or court jester, or whatever). Eddie cracked his knuckles as he tried to think of what the final tale would be. He'd already covered fables, a literary classic, and even a story of his own invention. What else was left? [break][break]

“So, uh, maybe this is a little unconventional, but I'm gonna tell ya a story about me today. That alright?”[break][break]

He almost hadn't expected the Calyrex to respond, but the gentle nodding of it's head was all the answer Eddie needed, [break][break]

“Hell yeah! Then lemme tell ya about my first time goin' to karaoke!”[break][break]

Ah, this was a good one. It made Eddie feel warm, nostalgic. [break][break]

“So, my family's from Paldea, but my dad's family is from Johto. Used to go out there ta visit my grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and stuff before that Rocket shit a while back. Dad always kept us on kind of a tight leash when we were out that way; can't tell if he was worried that we were gonna get into trouble, or if he thought we were gonna make him look bad in front'a his folks.”[break][break]

Eddie frowned for a moment. His father's intentions had always been hard to gauge, but he liked to think he had more faith in his sons than that, [break][break]

“So, one'a the times we visit, we're all stayin' in Goldenrod, 'cause my uncle's got a big place out there that he could put all'a us up in. I'm gettin' ready for bed when my baby brother comes in with our cousin Fumiya and tells me they're gonna sneak out. Now, if ya know Cris-”[break][break]

But wait, Calyrex doesn't know Cris. Eddie paused to pull out his smartphone, flicking through his saved pictures just long enough to produce the image of a bespectacled young man with dark hair, pulled partly back into a short ponytail, [break][break]

That's Cris, by the way. Works at a tech company back in Levincia; real sweet kid, kind of a crybaby. So, Cris, of all people, tellin' me he's gonna sneak out, is, like, god damn nuts. 'Course, me bein' the responsible big brother that I am, decide that I gotta tag along. Didn't want my little bro gettin' in over his head, yanno? And Fumiya's cool an' all, but hell, I hadn't seen him in years and don't got a clue what his idea of 'fun' involves. So the three of us manage to slip out once everyone else is asleep and go hit the town! [break][break]

Now, Fumiya's tryin' to get us to go to this kinda seedier part'a town; not, like, real bad or nothin', just a spot where they got dive bars and hostess clubs an' stuff. Now, that shit right there's exactly why I had ta tag along; Cris is kinda sheltered, tends to keep to himself. He also can't hold his liquor for shit, so I knew places like that'd be a recipe for disaster. [break][break]

So then I see a sign for a karaoke place instead, and I practically beg Fumiya to take us there. I mean, I was pretty stoked to go there myself 'cause a'course I'd never been, but I figured it'd be a more comfortable spot for Cris, too. [break][break]

So we get in, get our little room for a few hours, and just go to fuckin' town. Fumiya picked all these cheesy anime songs, and man, I cheered myself fuckin' hoarse when lil' Cris just killed it on this real fast rock song. Was a hell of a night, lemme tell ya.”
[break][break]

If only he could turn back time to relive a night like that again, [break][break]

“Actually found a song I really liked, too! S'Called Machine Gun Kiss, from some kinda video game about gangsters. Been waitin' to pull that one out the next time I get a chance to go, but I ain't been back since then.”[break][break]

But that was besides the point, wasn't it? [break][break]

“Yanno, I think that was the happiest I'd ever seen Cris. His face was lit up like a damn Christmas tree, just smilin' so big you'd think he'd just won the fuckin' lottery. He's a real good kid; he deserves a night like that.” [break][break]

Eddie stopped and scratched at his chin. Was this a particularly good story? There wasn't a moral or anything to it, but it made him happy, so he hoped it'd make the Calyrex happy too, [break][break]

“And, uh, that's about it! Made it back without my mom or dad findin' out, and it's been a real special memory for me ever since. Maybe you and me could go out for karaoke some time!”[break][break]

It was a ridiculous notion that was mostly meant as a joke, but Eddie couldn't help but find the mental image somewhat endearing. What kind of songs would a little rabbit man sing anyway? There came the typical “cro rown!” in reply; Eddie liked to imagine that was the Pokemon offering a final bit of input, maybe his own little bit of commentary about the idea, before the man gave a final bow and departed from the court. [break][break]

On his way out, Eddie couldn't help but laugh to himself; all he could think about was the little Calyrex with a little microphone between it's paws, singing and belting it's heart out.

[attr="class","ooc"] Prompt 4; Memory

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".eddieh"] --accent:#d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto 20px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center; margin-top:-20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; width:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 103px; bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#212121; } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass] position:absolute; right:95px; bottom:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent; padding:0px 0px 12px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.minimal]position:relative;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,443 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 16:56:37 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Another week, another request by Calyrex for more stories. Hideo still had plenty to share - but he hardly wanted to overstuff the King, nor take the opportunity away from others to tell their tales.

Hideo dismounted his Spectrier, his Beheeyem accompanying him once more. "Me again, King Calyrex," Hideo said, offering a bow as always - a motion his Beheeyem mimicked. "Heard you wanted some more stories. I could tell you a story about sacrifice, but I'd just be repeating the last story. And I don't feel like I'm in the mood for something that depressing. So, I got a story for you about memory."

Hideo took a book out of his bag - the same one he'd used on his second tale. He sat down, flipping to a page as his fingers ran along the braille lettering, his Beheeyem sitting beside him.

"There was a man who found himself in the middle of a dark path. He had no memory of where to go, his destination, or even who he was. He sat down to collect himself and let his tired legs rest for a moment, but looked up to see an old Hatterene standing before him. She was looking right at him, showing a toothless grin. 'And now, what will be your third wish?'"

"Of course, the man was confused. 'My third wish? How can that be if I haven't even made a first or second wish?'"

"'Ah, but you've already had two wishes!' she told him. 'But your second wish was to make it as if you never made your first wish. And that is why you cannot remember anything: because that is how you were before you made your first wish.' She laughed at the poor, confused man. 'So now, you've but one wish remaining.'"

"The man looked at her, dumbfounded. 'Very well. I don't believe you, but there's no harm in trying. I wish to remember who I am.'"

"The Hatterene cackled, snapping her fingers. 'Funny,' she said as the memories flooded back into the man, the Pokemon disappearing forever, 'That was your first wish.'"

With that, Hideo closed his book, his tale told. He could hear the awkward patting noise of his Beheeyem's hands clapping.

"Bit of a short one, but Elga here always likes it when I read that story. Think I have a hunch why…hope you don't mind if I talk a bit about myself?"

"My Psychic Pokemon do stuff with my memories sometimes. Obviously, I don't remember the stuff they remove, but I can notice if I'm feeling sad and don't know why, or if I suddenly don't remember where I just was. They sometimes do it without me asking, but there've been times when I asked them to do it. And one time, someone else asked them to do it to them."

The latter had felt the strangest, even if it affected him the least.

"I think they could bring the memories back if I asked…but I always feel like there's a reason why they remove those memories. And if I asked for them back, I may end up regretting it. And I trust my Pokemon enough that they won't abuse it…and if any did, the others would fix it."

Hideo reached over to his Beheeyem, patting it on the head - made easier by the Pokemon moving its head to his hand. "I trust Elga here the most with that kinda stuff. I know he wouldn't do that kind of stuff without telling me."

He couldn't see that Elga's eyes looked away from him as he said that.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,345 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 17:00:49 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

The next day, Elise ends up seeing the King resting near the Dyna Tree in Ever Grande City along with her Mismagius accompanying her there. Calyrex looks like he’s ready to get more stories out of the storyellers and she had gotten back to see him after her visit to her sick mother at the Rustboro Regional Hospital. The ambassador's mother had been transferred to hospice care a couple of months back since Elise knows...that it was the last time she saw her.[break][break]

In the evening, Elise gave the King a respectful curtsy once more. “Hello again, Your Majesty.” Her smile is different. Instead of her happy one, the royal ambassador’s smile is a more somber one. “I am sorry that I was a little late. The truth is, I’ve finished my visit to my mother at the hospital in Rustboro City.”[break][break]

As the female royal sits down next to the small hare king, Calyrex nods quietly to her like he accepted her apology. “I always wondered if we die someday, where would our memories be?” She starts speaking to the king while the king answers her with a sadder "Crown… Cro rown…"[break][break]

“That’s what I asked my mother when she was in her hospital bed.” She gives a long, sadder sigh while Calyrex looks over at her with a sadder expression. “And when she answered me, my mother says that when she passes on, her memories will be a part of the sky.”[break][break]

The time that she sits with the High King of Bountiful Harvests is a a little long, gloomy silence.[break][break]

“I have so many fond memories of her and she has done everything for my father and my little sister. When I was younger, she used to bake me cookies when I was sick and she always read me stories.” The ambassador looks up at the evening sky, twinkling with stars, as she recalls the memories for the High King. “She would always comfort me in my sadness or fear from my paternal aunt. I can still remember her soothing voice…”[break][break]

All the while, Calyrex gives her a silent solemn nod for the purple-haired female royal to go on and he listens to her.[break][break]

“She told me that she had a wish when I visited her today at the Rustboro hospital.” Elise tells the small High King as she looks down to the resting psychic type legendary Pokemon. “Mother’s dying wish…was that she wished for me to honor her memories and create a brighter future for both Hoenn and the country I represent as its royal ambassador.”[break][break]

Hearing the king yawn for a bit, she’s grateful that the king had listened to her pour her feelings of sadness to him.[break][break]

“I told her I would make it happen for her and whether she lives to see it or not, I want her to be proud of me.” A silent pause came onto the conversation with her and the High King as he nods to her too. “When she wasn’t bedridden and sick like this, my mother would greet me at the door of my father’s estate in Rustboro when I come visit her too.”[break][break]

After a while, the ambassador wipes away her tears on recalling the fond memories she had with her beloved mother.[break][break]

“I’m sorry, I never told you why my mother is not feeling so well.” Elise apologizes to the small king with his bulbous crown. “She has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and they can’t do anything more for her. My father and I had her transferred to hospice care a couple months back in November and she passed away today. Today was the last time I spent time with her at her bed.”[break][break]

The princess lets her tears fall to her lap as she wept and grieved for her mother. Here, she was not a woman who had the burdens of a royal princess looking after her subjects in Hoenn, but a terrified young woman sharing her fears, feelings, vulnerabilities, and insecurities to the High King that she respected and considered a friend.[break][break]

When she isn’t wearing the mask of a Galarian princess with her dignified and regal bearing, Elise lets her mask down and she becomes herself, not Princess Elise Calcifet. Just Elise, a young woman who is saddled with self-doubt and worries about whether she is doing a good job as Royal Galarian ambassador to her country and a good princess to her people.[break][break]

With a pale hand, the ambassador wipes away her tears and she looks over to Calyrex again who is listening to her. “I thank you for listening to everything I talked to you about this month.” Elise smiles once more, it’s a little smile that she’s feeling a little better. “Every day that I walk into my embassy, I keep doubting myself that I wasn’t doing a good job or that people will be disappointed in me.”[break][break]

Reaching into her pack, she brings out the bag of vanilla cookies to share with the High King and she hands one out to Calyrex. “I baked them myself and I thought you might like one, Your Majesty. I appreciate everything that you’ve done in listening to my stories.”[break][break]

He takes the cookie and eats it. The cry of “Cro rown!” from the Calyrex makes the female Galarian royal laugh a little.[break][break]

Eiise takes one vanilla cookie from the bag and takes a bite out of it before she finishes her cookie. “You know…” She trails off a bit to give Calyrex another vanilla cookie as the hare king eats the second one he’s offered from her. “I want to stay with you…just for a little while longer. Will you allow me to?” [break][break]

Elise wants to stay just a little while with the King, he had been a good listener to her troubles. "And of course, I will come to visit you afterward at any time you want. Mother would've loved to see you in person as well."[break][break]

The royal ambassador gets her answer with a “Cro rown!” from the Calyrex as he’d smile too.

TAGS – Tales Beneath the Dyna Tree[break]
NOTESPrompt #4: memory and/or sacrifice

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 19:45:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"you know, i don't give myself much time to read. i used to. kant. nietzsche. spinoza. emma used to look at me funny when i called them my pleasure reads. she didn't need to contemplate morals or ethics or something so perverse as god

"i find myself distracted lately. and so i've turned back to them. i'm trying to glean...

"do you know if it's possible - to have too much of yourself in your body? too many memories that don't belong to you? that shouldn't belong to you, but they do anyways? i thought maybe you might. 

"you listen to all of these stories, but you don't live them. not like we did. not like we had to.

"i picked up lovecraft. a pivot, yes, but not really, when you think about it. alternate timelines, different dimensions, the constant threat of destruction from otherworldly forces. what was fiction is now non-fiction. 

"cosmicism. he writes that our lives, ordinary as they are, are just shells. shells over a reality so mind-boggling in comparison that even contemplating it can damage the sanity of an ordinary person.

"sometimes i wake up and i see sconces instead of overhead lights, shadows cast over centuries' old stone. or feel a chill when there is none, ghosting over my skin as a haunting reminder that i have not yet escaped.

"or missing her. the life we had, but that i never had. the life she never had either. but i look at her and i cannot extract myself from myself. and how long, how long, until i lose it completely?

"how much must i continue to lose before i can find my happiness? how many memories must i stuff myself with before i can make my own, keep my own, be myself and be content?

"i thought, maybe, after this, you could tell me. you could tell me something. anything. please."

"crorown!"
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE
2/25 - memory/sacrifice