April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
De ja vu
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 21:10:48 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Yes. This was better. A lot better. Honestly, she probably should not have dragged it all out. But the way their ‘battle’ in the tournament had played out, it had left a bit of a bad taste in her mouth. She hadn’t wanted to get to the second part of her challenge just then and there.
[break][break]
Plus, they had both been tired from these continuous fights, it had seemed. In many ways, it had felt wrong to spring that then. So, she’d just not. There had been no need to force the issue, after all. Just as long as she did not lose heart or sight of it, she could go ahead with the plan whenever.
[break][break]
And that whenever was now. Naturally, a lot of it was at the same time completely coincidental, but also kind of deliberate. This time, she had left the other a message to check something out on this beach. Once more, the weather was deliberately not what people sought for in Slateport Beach, so it was mostly deserted. It was spring again, but this time a bit earlier in the year. It didn’t matter too much, though. She just had to put on a stuffier jacket than last time. This time, though, she would be the one who’d arrived first.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
730 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
De ja vu
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 9:48:13 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Megan had sent her a curious message. Something about checking something out on a certain beach. And as Johanna made her way there, adorned in an attire of warm clothing, she felt herself taking a trip down memory lake, as she was reminded of the last time the two shared a moment on a beach.

Subconsciously she felt how within the safety of her pockets one finger on her right hand began to gently caress the peculiar ring she had been wearing on her right hand's ring-finger after that incident at the Ancient Tomb. She had yet to figure out why it felt so important to her, even as she had attempted to dive into what fragmented memories it welled up. Memories which over time had faded more and more.

But all that aside her eyes fell upon Megan as she reached their destination. The glasses-wearing woman had arrived first it seemed. Johanna’s smile grew wider as she came closer.

“Hi!” She greeted Megan enthusiastically.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
De ja vu
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 20:48:32 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Seeing the other so chipper really helped. This was a tough thing she was attempting here, after all. Having Jo be so glad to see her put that heart of hers a bit more at ease. Still not greatly, but she would make do. She always did, after all.
[break][break]
But this bit more of energy saw her nod to herself and rise fully. “Greetings, challenger Johanna,” she announced, partly echoing her new line of work, but also because she tended to put most things into battle terms. Helped her form her thoughts properly. Plus, she was going to poise a challenge at the other. That was why she raised her arm and pointed it right at the bluenette.
[break][break]
“I hope you are ready to face Megan’s surprise seaside super challenge. Because it is here now. And the prize is the greatest in this world: important knowledge that you might not even know you were looking for.” Naturally, she was all upbeat as she spouted that half nonsense, but she clearly was also determined. That inflection would probably not leave her voice when something was important, ever. “The one I mentioned in the finals, of course. I do hope you are ready and can overcome it.”

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
730 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
De ja vu
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 8:02:48 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna approached eagerly and as she did their eyes met, and she was certain she saw the same eagerness and even happiness in Megan.

But as is custom when trainer eyes meet within a certain distance, Megan announced a challenge with a mysterious prize. The prize of mysterious knowledge. Now, Johanna had no idea what this knowledge could be. But she was not one back down from a challenge!

“I am ready!” Johanna announced eagerly. “What are the rules of this challenge?” She then inquired with the confidence of a seasoned trainer.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
De ja vu
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 16:05:26 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“The rules are simple. You can’t just run away from the challenge and you can’t lie. Pretty straightforward. This is about getting some truth, so just being deceptive would not do.” She shrugged briefly, putting some emphasis on her theatrics there. But it was decidedly playful nonetheless.
[break][break]
As was evident by the smirk she offered after. “Not that I would think that you would be lying. You might be crafty, but not really all that deceptive.” Heck, even during her time as a Rocket, the other, at least when it came to Megan, had not exactly done a good job at lying to begin with.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
730 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
De ja vu
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 13:07:30 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
She didn’t want to run any longer. She did not want to lie either. These rules did not seem like rules at all. But Megan had named them as such.

As Megan did comment on her skills of deception, Johanna couldn’t help but let her smile grow a bit more alongside a small chuckle escaping her. “Yeah, I can’t run from my lacking skills in deception.”

But that didn’t quite answer Megan’s question. Did she accept these rules? Of course she did. And so with an eager nod she spoke. “Anyhow, I accept these rules.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
De ja vu
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 21:07:55 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“I expected nothing less of you,” Megan noted, nodding her head over crossed arms. It was, indeed, what she had expected of the other. There had been a time when Johanna had seemed, to her, like an antsy person, like someone who did not truly knew what to do with herself. But that had ended when they had met up again on that mountain, or so she reckoned.
[break][break]
Thinking back to that time always came with truly unpleasant memories, of another being seemingly killed just a few feet from her, Megan unable to do anything about it. A memory that still often came to her at night. But she had decided to not run from that anymore, either. Even though she certainly had not become so powerful as to easily deal with such things, of course. She had not changed in that regard. Just in another.
[break][break]
Which was why she was trying to address something head-on. Even though it somehow still ended up being in a roundabout way. “Very well then. Let us start with the easiest or hardest challenge first. A simple question.” She phrased it that way on purpose, simply because it was up to Jo what it was. Because it was all up to the other what she took as the question itself, there. Either way, Megan tried to fixate the other’s gaze before she actually poised it anyway.
[break][break]“It’s simple, so I ask you. Who am I?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
730 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
De ja vu
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 16:32:32 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
The first challenge was given. And Johanna met with Megan’s gaze as she answered without an ounce of hesitation. “You are , my best friend and the person I trust the most.”

Only moments later did the heat rise to her cheeks as she felt the embarrassment of saying such things out loud. Even so, she did not break her gaze for as long as she could. The question was up for interpretation. Had Megan simply meant for Johanna to speak her name or had the meaning been deeper than that.

Obviously Johanna had assumed it had a deeper meaning.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
De ja vu
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 18:19:01 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Hmm,” she sounded in response, seemingly lost in thought. Jo certainly had not failed the challenge when it came to the veracity of the statement. That was, indeed her name. And it probably was what they were to one another, too. Well, what she was to Jo, at least. Still though, even though the other had said that so quickly and decisively – and it was definitely positive – she still found herself feeling a bit, well, off.
[break][break]
Hence, she was briefly lost in thought. “That is definitely good to hear, and I am indeed grateful,” she ultimately decided to reply, nodding to herself. Then, she looked up at the other again. “Then I will give you the next question to answer, because I don’t really why, myself. Maybe someone can tell from the outside.” She rubbed the back of her head as she said that. “Why do you think did I feel a bit of disappointment when you said that, still?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
730 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
De ja vu
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 18:49:22 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
Johanna noticed the way Megan seemed lost in thought, and as she grew a bit nervous she, without thinking about it, began to caress the black metal ring on her right ring finger with her right thumb. She had worn it ever since that time at the Ancient Tomb, though by now the memories it carried had long since faded.

Still, she knew it was important, and she knew that importance had something to do with Megan. And so it had become a source of comfort for her, even if her reasoning was sparsely understood.

And then the second question was asked, and things just grew peculiar. She tried to think of an answer for the question. And deep within the confines of hidden away feelings she felt the echo of a faint hope, a prayer that perhaps it was what Johanna had been too scared to even consider a possibility in the past.

Even now she was too scared to assume Megan felt the same way she did. And so instead her thoughts turned to worry for such questions were usually the sign of something bigger and worse.

“I can't say, I mean I am sure there could be a hundred reasons for that.” Johanna began trying to think of the right words to pick as she looked a bit worriedly at Megan.

Finally she settled on one question “Megan are you alright?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
De ja vu
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 19:34:59 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Ah, don’t worry about it too much, I’ll be fine,” she replied with a laugh and a gesture of pushing things to the side for the time being. Though that did not feel quite right. Megan just did not really know why or how, either. She groaned briefly, trying to wrap her head around things. “But you lose two points, one for not answering and one for asking questions. That’s my turn right now.” Which was not entirely fair, since she was making up the rules of all this. But it was probably still fine.
[break][break]
Somehow, at least. Ugh. She did not like feeling this way. Hence, she made another step closer towards Johanna. That did feel right, at least. “There could be a hundred reasons, but there is only one. But leaving that aside, what about you? You seem like something is bothering you, too. And remember, you are a point down now.” Now that was probably a bit unfair, but that was just another word for posing a proper challenge to the other. At least that was how it worked in her head, anyway. This was supposed to be difficult, after all. How else would they attain truth?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
730 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
De ja vu
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 20:16:05 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
The good ol ‘i'll be fine’ response. Never a good sign. But Johanna let it go, seeing as she lost two points according to Megan’s rules, in addition to Megan taking another step closer. Johanna’s heart beat faster with the proximity.

But her thoughts about that were quickly pushed aside as Megan asked the third question. And this one was a difficult one to answer. If she spoke honestly there was a chance Megan might look at her differently, and with her luck it would be for the worse. But if she lied Megan would know for sure.

What to do?

What to do?

Lie?

Truth?

Lie?

Truth?

Truth?

Her thumb felt the black metal and she knew the answer. Even if it meant Megan might hate her, even if it meant this would change their friendship forever, the truth had to be told.

“So, uhm. I hope this won’t affect our friendship negatively…” She paused, her heart beating like war drums. “What has been bothering me is that…I have…” Her throat felt like it was trying to choke her to avoid admitting a truth that needed to be said. She closed her eyes and forced the words out. “I kind of have a crush on you and I’ve been too afraid to admit it.”

And there it was. Now the Meowth was out of the bag, no way to take back words said.

Oh lord where was Dialga when you needed it.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
De ja vu
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 21:45:25 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Oh. She kind of had brought this upon herself? This tersity, the air feeling surprisingly thick from one moment to the next – she had put a lot of pressure on the other and, in a way, on herself, so that was all on her. But still, this was something that had bugged her. Ever since that ancient thing, something had been odd. Something had felt like it had stood between them. And it had not been the other jumping between life stations seemingly uncertain where she wanted to go. That was something that Megan could relate to, after all, and she had easily accepted it.
[break][break]
But something had been there. Something she could not vocalize, something that seemed to stop the other just a step too short or something like that. Hence, she had set all of this up. To clear the air and get out what was there. Even if she did not understand it, she could still tell, on some level, that it needed to get out somehow.
[break][break]
Still, she felt a bit bad, seeing the other struggling like this. It was difficult for her, too. But it felt necessary still.
[break][break]
And hence, when that answer came and she realized what was going on – at least as well as she could without relevant experience – Meg could not help it but lead a hand to her own mouth and chuckle. Which then transitioned into a clear, genuine laugh. Megan just felt quite….elated was probably the right word. There had been quite a weight lifted from her shoulders. Everything beyond them was just gone momentarily. And while she was cognizant of Johanna still, she just could not imagine the other taking this as some sort of ridicule.[break][break]
Still though, it was probably just proper to apologize at least a little. “Sorry, sorry, I am obviously not laughing at you. More at, well, I kind of thought you we were growing apart or that you had some problem with me. Not something big, just something nagging or so. This is actually quite a relief. Besides, it’s not negative at all. I am flattered.” She briefly scratched the back of her neck. “And I guess I might be the same? I honestly don’t know how that works. But that’s probably why it felt bad to just be best friends, you know?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
730 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
De ja vu
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 22:06:43 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
The air had been cleared. And for a moment Johanna didn’t know what to do with herself. She waited for some sort of reaction. And then all too suddenly it came in the form of a hand to the mouth and a chuckle from Megan.

And for a very torn moment Johanna didn’t know how to feel.

Was it good?
Was it bad?

Though her worries were eased when Megan apologized and explained what all of this had been about.

A sigh of relief escaped her, only for the heat to pick up once again when Megan acknowledged the possibility that she might be feeling the same.

Johanna acknowledged Megan with a, perhaps too, eager nod. “That makes sense.”

Only for her to realize she probably appeared more experienced than she actually was. And so she began to admit “Though honestly, I don’t have a whole lot of experience in this either.”

Her experience level was a big Zero to be honest. But be that as it may she was just so relieved.

“But, uhm… I.. Honestly, I don't know what to say.” She managed to contain what she could clearly feel was a waterfall of words eager to get out. Though surely the radiance of the smile that was on her face said all that needed to be said.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
De ja vu
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 23:43:16 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Hah. Guess we’re both idiots, then,” she replied with another laugh. Clearly, she felt much better given how easily she bounced back to being happy go lucky about it all. And why wouldn’t she? She felt so much lighter now. This just had to be good, really.
[break][break]
Hence, she took another step forward, all but closing the distance. Reaching for the other’s hand she would seek to raise both of theirs into a combined fist. “But it’s probably like everything in life. You start off not knowing what to do, stab into the darkness a bit before you find something that works and get better from there. If we’re both idiots that just means we can both learn together, right?” [break][break]

This time, she just beamed a smile at the other. “I mean, this changes things for sure. But it doesn’t really have to change things either, right? I guess we just keep doing what we did before, just kind of more? Like, more together? Yeah, I don’t know what to do and say either, but we can just do whatever feels right. That’s what life ought to be about, isn’t it?”

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights