1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
When Supernovas Die Pt. 2
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 16:31:57 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

They all came together, and with joining the fray the disembodied jaws began to crack, and glow with a glimmering light. Then it shattered like glass, and the light particles began to float into the air before vanishing forever to never see the light of day again. Despite his injuries, which he would assess later he turned to them all with a brilliant smile. He'd jump, but he was pretty sure a couple of his ribs were broken. The sides of his clothing were being dyed red, but the adrenaline coursing through him was overwhelming his sense of pain right now.

"It worked....IT WORKED!" He roared out laughing all the while as he looked at his ruined machine. It hadn't worked the way that he had wanted it to, but still they had made progress. Sweat was beading on his forehead as he regarded the three of them, and he moved to sit down. "We have to write a report on this immediately, and submit it to the higher ups....Instead of going to it, we brought it to us....Or did we manifest a facsimile of it? It doesn't matter, the Tera Shard did something." His mind was racing a million miles an hour even as he clutched his sides to try, and stem the bleeding.

"Thank you all....For not letting me get eaten...." He was happy for that at the very least, they hadn't managed to get Regidrago, but against all odds....They had made progress, and to him that was worth more than it's weight in gold. "Okay....I feel pain now....Lots of pain...." He groaned out, but he wasn't too keen on moving from this spot at the moment. He would need to go back to the sub for medical attention.

His machine was wrecked beyond recognition, he had almost gotten himself killed, and now he was in immense pain, but still he smiled. They had done it as far as he was concerned.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 17:03:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
As quickly as it vanished, the incomplete golem disappeared. The Regidrago Remnant faded into a glimmering light that reminded Howard of the entities spawned by Tera Crystals on Route 119.

"Rest, Amor. You've probably cracked half a dozen bones. Get ready for a long hospital stay after this." The admin looked shocked, his hand on his hip as he inspected Amor's wounds for a moment. His eye wandered to the wormhole machine. "I cannot believe it worked."

Forget shocked, more 'awestruck'. If it weren't for Regice's cooling presence, Howard would've collapsed then and there from a mix of heatstroke and exhaustion.

"Look after him." He clapped Makoto on the shoulders, before wandering over the the wormhole machine's scrapped remnants. All it took was one look to know that this machine was utterly scrapped. If Amor could salvage anything from this machine, the admin would be impressed.

"This is going to be expensive to fix." Worse still, they'd need to move it before someone noticed it was there. "If we can at all."

He gave Temp a glance.

"Ask Amor if he wants to keep this thing or dump it into the Mt. Chimney."

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
571 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 23:52:43 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Even for all of Amor's manic excitement over this 'success', if one could call it that, Makoto was more than a little concerned for the Head Scientist. As he speaks, they are working to pull back the torn clothing so that they can bandage up the wounds below and stop the bleeding. One's dignity was nowhere near as important as actually staying alive - though they did their best to not pull away any more than they had to, to bandage him. "Tsukiko, Wish."

At Makoto's direction, Tsukiko would make a wish for Amor's health - her Illumina markings briefly glowing as she did. Though it'd take time, it'd at least prevent him from bleeding out.

Makoto jumped a bit at Howard's touch - glancing to watch as he moved for the machine - before responding with a soft "Yeah..."

As Amor commented on the pain though, Makoto couldn't help a sigh. "Of course you do - you nearly got bit in half..." They murmured - only loud enough for him to hear. They were too tired to really think about being their usual overly polite self - the words coming out before they could think much of it. "At this rate, you're going to get yourself killed by the gods you're pursuing..."

What would Amor do, if they weren't there to help the next time he got caught up in some crazy stunt like this?
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,861 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 19:31:24 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

A gentle smile on his lips at 's worry.

"If I'm suppose to venture into brave new worlds Makoto....I can't let a little thing like death stop me...." He groaned as he sat up, and the Wish took effect, closing the worst of his wounds, and making sure that they would be easily treated. Of course he would have to spend a while in the sub to recuperate, but of course the pain of almost getting bitten in half was nothing compared to the destruction of his machine.

It was in ruins, but he should have guessed as much, he had attempted to use a power source that it wasn't built to be compatible with. The fact that it worked at all was more of a shock to him than it's destruction.

"Salvage the core ....Dump the rest into the lava so the League doesn't find out we were here." He could build another, that machine was at best just a Prototype, it was the first one of it's kind. It had cost him four Infinity Generators to build, and then some, but now that he knew how to do it. He could do so again, and quicker this time. There was more data in failure than in success, and so he would turn this around, there were a few pieces that he could salvage, but they weren't as important as the core.

If that survived by some miracle then it would be even better for them.

"Once that's done....I vote we leave....I need a nap...." He smiled at them, doing his best to bury the pain underneath his usual charm. Of course it hurt, but he would do his best to not worry them, besides this pain was nothing compared to all the other things he had been through.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,733 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 8:23:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Understood, Head Scientist." The admin turned back to face the smoking wreck of the machine. "As you command."

Looking at the molten heap, Howard's mouth became a hard line as he realized that he had no fucking clue what the core was even supposed to look like. Amor's tech bordered on science fiction, and between him and Oscar Clayton, Howard wasn't even sure if the technology they spearheaded existed anywhere else on earth.

"Regice," the admin snapped his fingers, "grab the core."

That was what made a good superior—knowing when to delegate to an underling. Regice was hardly under anything, given the titan's massive size. Nonetheless, it peered at the wreckage, beeping strangely, before looking at him. The admin rolled his eye.

"Core."

With that reaffirmation, the golem dug through the wreckage, its ice refusing to melt despite the intense heat of the volcano and the experimental machine. After a moment of digging, Regice produced the core of Amor's wormhole machine. After holding it for a moment, the golem held it close to its chest, as if trying to incorporate it into itself.

"Good. Give it here." Howard took the core from his giant, before snapping his fingers at the rest of the wreck. "Now scrap that."

A few moments later, Amor's work was sinking into the volcano, melting until nothing remained.

"He'll have to keep trying. He must, because it's his dream."

Regidrago was no god, but it was the manifestation of the dream. It was simply a construct created by mankind for their own purposes. Its power was great, a symbol of humanity's ingenuity and desire to live, but it was certainly not a god.

It was just an artifact.

"Let's go."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights