Josh Devlin
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 6:31:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
MISSION: "Go On a Ghost Hunt"
PROTOCOL: Sabotage
DANGER: ★★☆☆☆

(Ticket #39214 has been closed and merged into this ticket. Please see attachment for a link to the original ticket.)

Lilycove Rangers have received reports that a tenacious Haunter has been responsible for several possessions within the Haunted Woods on the west side of Mount Pyre. A separate team will be investigating the underlying cause.

We need you to neutralize the Haunter using the least invasive manner possible. You will be responsible for protecting on this mission, as well. While we can't confirm that his reports of a missing Haunter are connected to this case, evidence is pointing to a strong connection. Consider the mission a failure if he suffers more than minor injuries.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Protect
B) Locate and rescue the missing trainer
C) Locate and neutralize the Haunter

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

"Sounds like your Haunter might be up to more trouble than we thought," Josh mused after being forwarded a ticket that his ticket was merged into. It seemed like there was a Haunter that was causing trouble; whether it was Zachary's or not was to be determined. "No pressure, of course, but I'd love to see your skills with wild Pokémon in action. You really would make a good Ranger."

The Pokémon they were to engage didn't seem too tough, especially with Dampe at his side. He had arranged for Kovu to go back to the Gym, the Pyroar taking the loss too hard to focus. Resting his hands on the dog's back, he gave the ghost-type a gentle pat before climbing onto his new partner's bare back. After a few seconds of trying to get comfortable on him, Josh slid off. "Definitely going to need a saddle. Sorry, buddy; I'll take you to get fitted when we get to Verdanturf." With an otherworldly bark and a nod, Josh's new catch seemed to understand that without proper gear, the young man would need to brace against the headstone atop his head. It was the one place Dampe couldn't stand being touched.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Dampe         Houndstone     Good
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Vitani        Pyroar         Good
Sidewinder    Dragapult      Good
Komainu       Houndoom       Good
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 1:49:59 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zachary1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Things were eventful that night, from finding a stranger paying respects to his deceased Pokemon, to a Haunter crashing the ceremony and stealing Dizzy's stick-- causing the fox to go running after him and getting lost. Luckily-- two new Pokemon to Zachary's family-- a friendly Kirlia trying to stop the Haunter to begin with, and an odd-ball of a Wynaut-- were willing to help. They soon followed the wild trail of dust the Wynaut was making as he ran all over the place, following him as he 'claimed' he had seen the Delphox they were looking for.
[break][break]
"Um... thank you. I never really considered being a ranger. Honestly um..."" Zachary hesitated, realizing he was now talking to one of the people he aspired to be like. He was still a rookie. A new trainer still trying to catch and polish his battling skills, but his desire was clear. He had studied, he had worked hard-- it was something he wanted to do. "Well... one day, I hope to be a gym leader myself. They are important figures in people's pokemon training and, I'd love the idea of being able to teach people how to treat their pokemon better-- and of course battle them. Being a Gym Leader seems like a lot of fun." he explained.[break][break] While he knew there was much more to it, Zachary still held that dream in his heart. He intended to work up the league, grow stronger, and compete-- and only then did he feel he could be worthy enough to be a gym leader. While Josh had true experience, it was nice to know how one became one. [break][break]

[break][break]
Meanwhile in the dark of the woods...[break][break] Dizzy continued to wander the woods, lost in the dark. He now had no idea where to go, or where that damn Haunter was. He couldn't even find a suitable stick to light up and light his way. He wished he knew willo-o-wisp to illuminate his space. While lonely and wanting to find Zachary again, the anger he had for that haunter stealing from him kept him going. Little did Dizzy know the maniacal haunter was watching from the dark-- waiting for his chance to pounce. [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

XXX.[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]--accent:#1f8999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 16:23:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A Gym Leader? Josh was the only person in Hoenn that went down the dual paty of being both a Gym Leader and a Ranger. "It is, but it's also a lot of work," the Master of Faster answered. "And in more ways that one. Gym Leaders are different in Hoenn than other parts of the region. They're closer to political figures than purely Pokémon trainers." The Lilycove meeting brought that to light; though they didn't discuss as many region-altering issues as the AQUA Initiative did, it gave him a taste of what it would be like. He was liking the political aspects of it less and less.

"Being a Gym Leader is more than a career. It's a way of life. To even think about being a Gym Leader, you'll need a theme and a lot of Pokémon that fit that theme. Because Hoenn's Pokémon League permits the Gyms to be challenged in any order, you'll need to have Pokémon suitable for trainers of all skill levels." Josh had a hundred Pokémon roaming his property, and sometimes he still felt like he didn't have the right ones for challengers.

He couldn't stand there only talking forever, though; they had a missing trainer and Pokémon to find. Clicking a Poké Ball open, a vicious-looking Houndoom materialized next to the Mauville Leader, his trainer quick to climb atop the saddled dog and grab his white steering horns. "Komainu will help us track down that Haunter. If you need a ride, let me know. I still have some of my Pyroar with me."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 15:49:25 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Meanwhile in the woods, Dizzy continued to look around. The fox soon heard rustling behind a nearby bush. The fox's fur stood on end as it expected the face of the ghastly trickster to show himself. Dizzy's eyes glowed, preparing to use psychic force to fend for himself-- however soon the person to step out was not what he was expecting.
[break][break] A young girl trainer, seemingly alone. "Oh! A Delphox!" the girl said, startled. The glow of his eyes faded as his expression softened, happy to find another human here. "Excuse me, I'm so sorry to bother you but... I'm lost. I couldn't find the road and got lost during the night. Could you maybe help me find my way back?" she asked. [break][break] In an overly gentlemanly pose, Dizzy gave a bow to offer his help along with a proud bark. [break][break] As the girl smiled-- the cackle of a certain ghost Pokemon erupted. The girl gave a shriek of fright, probably having been tormented by ghost Pokemon all night. Dizzy glared and found two familiar eyes in the dark. Haunter's eyes stared at them. [break][break] Dizzy gave an aggravated bark, in his words demanding the stick returned to him. As the rest of Haunter appeared-- Haunter soon reached into its own mouth and pulled something out. Dizzy's stick! Haunter soon offered, as if to give the stick back. [break][break] Dizzy seemed skeptical as he soon approached, about to try and reclaim it--[break][break] Only to have the Haunter then crunch his hand and snap the stick in two. The ghost gave a rather wild hysterical laugh, finding it funny. [break][break] Dizzy froze for a moment and then was quiet. His fur stood more on end and the heat from his ears could be felt by the girl. [break][break] "Uh oh..." the girl said. [break][break] "BRRRRRRUUUUUUUHHHHH!!" Dizzy howled, his eyes furious as he took a deep breath-- and soon followed by a wicked flame thrower attack right towards Haunter. The fox was severely pissed off, showing his fury-- but also risking to set fire to the forest if he wasn't careful [break][break] Zachary rode the Pyroar as he and Josh talked. There sure was more to being a Pokemon Gym Leader than he thought-- but it also was inspiring a bit. He knew he helped trainers but the government too when called upon. While that had mixed feelings, there was some benefit to it and pride. "I see. I still would want to and I know it be a lot of work. Still, it is a dream I consider. But I feel confident I'd hope to have Pokemon of all kinds. I do have an idea of the kind of Gym Leader I'd like to be..." he explained, his mental image of being a Gym Leader of a powerful psychic team-- but also knowing he had to provide legitimate challenges for trainers of all skill levels. It was a challenge Zachary liked. "Anyway, it's why I'm starting as a traveling trainer. I figured I couldn't become a gym leader just by asking. I figure if I work my way up in the league, earn badges, and work my way to the elite four myself-- then I could become worthy of such a title and responsibility." he explained. [break][break] It was then Wynaut gave a loud shout, jumping up and down like some deranged bunny rabbit. The soft glow of a fire could be seen in the distance of the trees. A forest fire... or likely.[break][break] "Where there's smoke-- there's Dizzy!" Zachary half-joked as he urged his own Pyroar to move forward. Very likely Dizzy was in battle, and without a stick, his 'lack of control' could be in question! [break][break]

NOTES

XXX.[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 7:26:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Shiny male that Zachary sat in the saddle of was Aslan, the king of Josh's pride. He may have been able to feel more muscle power from the larger lion with every stride. Every time Josh rode him, he could feel a surge of adrenaline coursing through his veins; he wondered if Zachary felt the same. "What kind of Gym would you want to run?" he asked. "It's important that you're not treading on the themes of any active Gym Leader."

The Master of Faster leaned into the wind; Komainu had to put on quite the pace to keep up with the big cat. Even so, he still managed to carry on conversion with Zachary. "You don't have to beat the Elite Four to become a Gym Leader. As long as you've proven yourself reliable to the League, are a strong trainer, a good educator, and have good leadership skills, that's all you really need. They even have a Minor League program meant to help foster those things. I only had two Hoenn League Gym Badges when I became Mauville's Gym Leader." Josh had been in Hoenn for only two and a half months before becoming Gym Leader. It didn't take a lot of time, but it did take proven reliability.

As Zachary pointed out the smoke and spurred Aslan forward, the lion reached by running perhaps faster than his rider was expecting. "Komainu, faster! TRAILBLAZE!" With powerful strides that seemed to make the very grass part around him, the Ranger, Type: Null, and client sped toward danger...

l5J3|qai Aleph obedience roll

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 4:40:34 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The talk about the gym leaders would have to wait now that they found Dizzy-- if the flash of fire was any hint of what was going on. Still he was kind enough to talk about it as they rode towards their goal. Zachary held on best he could to the shiny Pyroar, feeling how powerful the beast was. He would love to get one of his own. But more so-- he knew that there could be no two gyms alike, and one way or another must offer something unique. What he wanted was to not just show importance of battle but bonds of Pokemon. Trust and understanding between both. Without that, the partnership was not symbiotic. But for now-- it was nice for Zachary to know that not the high elites became Gym Leaders. Still, Zachary wanted to do a good job and compete all the same as well. Even though Zachary had been much of a book catterpie-- he still had much to learn.
[break][break] Dizzy was in an absolute rage now-- and having Blaze didn't help him either as his temper roared. He was using flamethrower a few times, trying to hit the elusive Haunter as he faded in and out of view. LUckily the fires didn't burn past a tree or two, but if he kept it up, the fox was going to cause a forest fire. The girl he met was low, hands over her heads from the violent battle being conducted. Finally-- they had caught up. Zachary got there and dismounted the Pyroar. The Wynaut and Kirlia too were there as Dizzy was in a fit. "Dizzy! DIZZY STOP!!" Zachary shouted as he ran towards his partner. [break][break] Dizzy heard his call and as he turned-- a look of happiness crossed the fox's face, relieved. It seemed Dizzy was worried after having been seperated -- much like what happened to his Abra. However, the reunion was cut short as Haunter charged. Taking advantage of the distraction, he slipped in between them-- and suckerpunched the fox with a Shadow Punch! [break][break] Dizzy was sent skidding back-- but the fox had enough. His fur was on end and he glared at the ghost. Despite the disadvantage, Dizzy was fed up and now furious-- beyond Zachary's control. [break][break] Before Dizzy could fire off another Flamethrower attack-- Haunter vanished all over again. This time, vanishing out of sight. Dizzy looked around, but couldn't find him. He started to bark angrily and growl, wanting to see that smirking face and burn it off. [break][break] Turns out-- it was Phantom Force, as Haunter reappeared behind Dizzy and lurched in close. [break][break] "Dizzy-- look out!" [break][break] The Delphox soon turned-- to be met by the sloppy, disguising LICK from Haunter-- right smack in the face. Both chilled, as well as repulsed by the rather lewd attack-- Dizzy fell backwards and flat on his back. [break][break] Swirls were in his eyes as he was now completely wiped out, his life force dwindling if the fight kept on. [break][break] With a grunt of frustration, Zachary took out Dizzy's Pokeball, marked with a "I" on it. "Never thought I say this Dizzy, but looks like you need to chill out a bit." Zachary recalled Dizzy, securing the fiery fox back into his Pokeball. It was rare for the fox to be inside it, often preferring the company of its trainer. However, he was in no condition to be around. [break][break] Haunter had not only hit Dizzy in his critical weaknesses-- but also exhausted the poor Fox. Kirlia watched with concern, wishign she had gotten there sooner to help him. His gaze glared to the Haunter, who just laughed in a crazy fit. [break][break] Zachary glared at the Haunter, not caring for its reckless and irresponsible behavior. As a Psychic Pokemon trainer by speciality, fighting ghosts were a challenge for him. However...[break][break] "Well, when you're back is up against the wall," Zachary soon reached into his pocket and took out another Pokeball-- this time having the number "0" on its base, representing The Fool. He tossed the ball up and caught it in habit. "Who're you gonna call!" [break][break] Zachary threw the Pokeball out, releasing his newest avenger to stop the Haunter. "HAPPY!!" [break][break] The ball cracked open and out from its light, appeared a MIME JR.. The little Mime gave a happy cheer as he emerged, landing with a fun spin and pose with open arms of happiness. [break][break] The Haunter saw the new Pokemon-- paused a few seconds-- and soon erupted with wild laughter. His reaction was not a surprise. Happy was small and adorable. The last thing one would think be a threat to them. [break][break] But Zachary had faith in his little friend. He was among one of the first Pokemon he met and befriended. Even in such a small form, he was invaluable and quite strong in his own ways! "Mi-mi-mime!!" the little Mime said with hands on his hips like a superhero. [break][break]

NOTES

XXX.[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 14:53:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh and Zachary seemed to have similar approaches to raising Pokémon. The duo valued the relationship between trainer and Pokémon in ways other than battle. If the Mauville Gym Leader had his way, he would make a racer out of Zachary... even if it was just a recreational one.

No sooner than Dizzy's reunion with Zachary took place did a Haunter, aggressive around Dizzy but placid around Happy, complicate the rescue. Seeing that Zachary seemed to have the wild under control, Josh called out, "I'll make sure she's okay." With that, she approached the young girl.

"Elite Ranger Devlin, but please, call me Josh. I'm here to help get you back to the mainland." The moment he saw Aleph getting aggressive, the Gym Leader clicked the button on Sidewinder's Poké Ball, the Dragapult putting himself between he and his Type: Null. "Aleph, not now, please."

L1bcztoU Aleph obedience roll

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 2:47:34 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

IN the midsts of the chaos, the young woman kept her head down over the chaos of fire and ghost attacks. Her fear was put aside as Josh spoke up and came up to her. A little startled, and scared of the rampaging Haunter-- she was shaky but okay. "T-thank you. I didn't intend to get lost but... I'm so embarrassed..." she sighed, both embarrassed and relieved. As she took Josh's hand-- the battle seemed to be left to Zachary and his odd pokemon choice.
[break][break] "Mim-mime!!" Happy cheered, showing he was ready to go. Despite how silly he looked, Zachary didn't laugh. He knew just how capable his Mime Jr. was. Of course, seeing him, Haunter blinked. At first he was dumbfounded-- and then outright laughed at the little mime. In a moment, the Ghost got up close and made a very impressive-- almost horrific scary face, with a horrible, terrifying sound that would startle the dead![break][break] Happy looked up at the ghost Haunter, unflinching as he still held that carefree smile. As if it was a game, Happy replied by mimicing the ghost's face-- and soon made a seemingly scary face of his own-- the shadows of his face heightened! [break][break] "Grrrahhh! Hauuu!" Haunter shouted, backing up. The seemingly silly scary face of the Mime Jr made it recoil for some reason, fear in its voice. Happy soon dropped the face, giving an amused laugh at the Haunter. [break][break] Watching from the side, Zachary saw how the Mime Jr pretty much 'owned' Haunter at his own game. A dry look showed on his face as he spoke to Josh. "A ghost who is afraid of clowns... Now I have seen everything," Zachary replied. [break][break] But soon the tensions resumed as Haunter clearly wasn't about to go down willingly. Haunter soon charged up something-- a Dark Pulse attack, and soon let it fly. Normally such a thing would be fatal to a psychic pokemon-- but Happy was so much more than that. He was part psychic, part fairy-- and all-around brave! [break][break]"Happy-- Use Light Screen!" Zachary shouted. The little Mime Jr let out a cheer of joy as it heard its trainer's command. Raising its little arms, a forcefield of shimmering light illuminated the dark forest. The Dark Pulse struck the barrier, and it met with strong resistance. [break][break] The protective force field also stopped the Haunter from getting past them either-- keeping the missing girl safe too. Even Kirlia and Wynaut were impressed. Despite the size difference, Happy was strong all on his own! [break][break] Zachary smiled, confident in his little friend. "Alright, Happy. You're turn! Use Mimic and hit him back!! he shouted with a punch in his direction. Happy's own hands glowed-- adapting to the same power of his enemy! Joining them together, Happy soon let out a burst of energy. Dark waves suddenly shot forward-- a move totally unlike the little guy would muster! [break][break] Shock showed on Haunter's face, followed by the strike of the Dark Pulse right back to him! The impact made the Ghost outright cringe. Happy had hit him with his very own weakness! Which was a surprise, from such a small Pokemon. [break][break]"Ha! Don't you dare laugh at Happy, pal. Happy will end up with the last laugh if you mess with him!" Zachary said, proud of his friend. [break][break] "Mi-mi-mime!!" Happy cheered, entering a small dance of his own tune. [break][break]

NOTES

XXX.[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 4:41:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While the battle was going on, Josh was busy making sure the young girl was safe. Aleph approached her, causing her to back into a corner and sweat out of fear for her life. As he was to reach for the Type: Null's Poké Ball, the normal-type crouched next to her and let out a sound that was a mix of a cat purr, a dog whine, and several others Josh couldn't quite pick up on. Why was Aleph so docile around her and not Josh? What was he doing wrong?

All he could do was shake his head. What a pain in the ass raising a legendary Pokémon was. Was the hassle really worth the power a Silvally would bestow upon him? Of course, he had no way to know of Aleph's evolution: the species was not well understood.

Instead, he scooted back as far as he could in Komainu's saddle while still being able to reach his horns. While the Gym Leader wasn't happy about the Houndoom carrying a guest, given how mean-spirited he could be out of nowhere, he had little choice. A Pyroar would be way too rough of a ride if they needed to flee quickly. "There's no need to be afraid of Aleph," Josh said to the young lady, gesturing toward his Type: Null as Komainu crouched. "Hop on with me. I'll take you to the docks where we can get you home."

Once she was secured, they would ride toward Zachary to see how he was doing with the Haunter.

ecDVLzJF Aleph obedience roll

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 20:25:24 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Haunter was now in a state of bewilderment. The last thing he expected was to be hit with his own dark attack. He shook his head, seeing the cheerful clown prancing around, the traces of Dark Pulse still around its little hands. No longer amused, Haunter soon vanished-- attempting to do another sneak attack. [break][break] As he faded from view, Happy and Zachary looked around, along with the other Pokemon Kirlia and Wynaut. Zachary knew that ghost was not done, and not willing to back down. So it was still nearby-- waiting for a sneak attack. [break][break] "Happy, stay sharp. Let's wait for the right opportunity!" [break][break] Looking back to Zachary , Happy nodded and ,ept calm. Happy closed his eyes, and focused. Like Zachary, they were waiting for the right moment, hoping to catch Haunter the moment he tried to materalize. He was there-- they could sense it. It was sneaking in the dark, determine to scare them senseless and land a big wet lick on them. However, Happy was an enigma. He was unexpectedly patient, and Zachary respected that. Adaptable. Happy waited and so did Zachary, as if they were in touch with one another. [break][break] The pause was almost agonizing-- till a shiver of cold brushed through the air. Haunter's form began to appear from right of Happy, leaning closer to attack.[break][break] At the same time, both their eyes snapped open--"Now!" Zachary shouted, "DAZZLING GLEAM!!" [break][break] Happy let out a hum as he began to glow. Prismatic light shined around him, illuminating the darkness. Haunter was caught off guard as he was almost right next to the Mime Jr-- and now the light beame blinding to him. The light intensified-- showing clearly for Josh further down the path. He would be able to see Happy nail Haunter with the brilliant light. [break][break] Hurt and dazed by Dazzling Gleam was not going anywhere as he hovered, his eyes shut and shaking his head. This was his chance. Zachary quickly took out a Pokeball and got ready. "GACHA! You're MINE, HAUNTER!" Zachary shouted and threw the pokeball. The throw became a swift curve as he spun it-- giving it a powerful zing. It shot forward, and smacked Haunter right between the eyes with a satisfying clank. [break][break] Haunter soon converted into light and was sucked right into the pokeball. As he vanished, it shut tight and started to wobble on the ground. The air was tense as the ball wobbled for a few seconds, Haunter clearly not an easy pokemon to contain. However, after what felt like a minute-- the ball clicked and stopped wobbling. [break][break] While most trainers would be thrilled to catch a new Pokemon, Zachary just sighed and fell to his knees--exhausted. "I don't know how the Ghostbusters do it!" he commented sarcastically. He was soon met by his Mime Jr as he came running over and gave Zachary an enthusiastic hug with his tiny arms. So to did Kirlia and Wynaut as they hopped and cheered for Zachary-- for freeing the forest of Haunter's mischief. [break][break] "Okay-okay! Calm down! Thank you!" Zachary laughed, but was interrupted when he saw Josh arrive. "Hey! You two okay? Sorry about all that... well near forest fire. " he said , embarassed by Dizzy's behavior and accident trying to fend off Haunter. [break][break]

NOTES

XXX.[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 8:21:12 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
By the time Josh, the missing trainer, and Komainu could arrive, Zachary seemed to have the situation under control. He was able to barely see the successful capture. With their efforts put together, their mission was mostly complete. "There's just one more thing we have to do before we can call this a wrap and return to Ranger HQ," the Elite advised. "That's get her home. Though she lives in Fortree, Lilycove would be closer. I'm willing to fly her out to Fortree tomorrow, but she really needs some rest," she gestured toward the young woman that looked like she could pass out at any moment.

Provided Zachary had no further business on the island, Josh and his Pokémon would lead him to the north dock. "Do you have a Pokémon that can swim or fly?" he asked, withdrawing the rest of his team. "I'm not sure Sidewinder can carry all three of us at once."

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 14:09:15 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Zachary was relieved the big issues were done, that Haunter was now captured and not causing trouble. That creature was a menace. THough he wanted to raise a strong ghost type-- he couldn't imagine how he would begin raising such a trickster and troublemaker. Even for Abra's standards. Josh explained that they were almost there but had to get the girl home. Without flying and other means it would be diffcult. [break][break] Actually, Zachary had a confident idea. "Oh, I can do you one better. You know the benefit of being a psychic type trainer?" He said as he took out one of his Pokeballs with a "I" on it. "I can teleport us to the nearest Pokemon Center, and from there, getting to the mainland or anywhere should be easy..." [break][break] However, Zachary paused as he realized something. "Wait-- I don't know if my Abra is strong enough to teleport all three of us like that. I do have others but they haven't learn Teleport just yet. If only we had one more too. Regardless we need to recall all our Pokemon just for the trip. " he explained. [break][break] With the chaos at ease, Kirlia and Karma were quiet as they talked-- however soon Kirlia perked up and chirped in. The little soothsayer Pokemon came up and started chirping, insisting something. After a moment, Zachary had the gist of what they were trying to say. "Wait-- Kirlia can teleport too. If we use Kirlia with Abra, we should be able to teleport all of us at once. " Zachary explained, figuring the two could carry them to the nearest point of civilization. He knelt down to Kirlia. "Kirlia, do you think you can teleport us back to the mainland with some help?" [break][break] Kirlia gave an enthused twirl, expressing their assurance on the matter. It seemed to live to help. Zachary smiled, glad he met such a kind and selfless Pokemon. [break][break] Taking out his other Pokemon, he opened the ball and Abra appeared in a flash of light. Abra floated off the ground a bit, looking almost asleep as it regarded them with a hum. Hopefully he was in a cooperative mood. As Zachary took Wynaut into a Pokeball too-- the little guy way too eager to come with him too-- he turned to Abra. "Okay, Tarot. We need you to work with Kirlia-- and teleport all of us to the nearest pokemon center. And Tarot-- none of your tricks okay? We all have to get there safely. Understood?" [break][break] The abra regarded Zachary's words with a small nod-- which was the closest thing they could get from the self-important Abra who had the problem with authority. He felt confident enough Abra wouldn't pull any pranks when people's lives were at stake. He did save him after all. [break][break] Zachary gathered them all together and Josh would have to recall all his Pokemon to make this work. "Okay everyone, hold on to one another. Do not let go and stay close. Tarot, Kirlia, we're counting on you." Zachary said with confidence. Kirlia turned to Tarot and gave a trusting nod to the semi-sleeping Abra. Abra took a hold of Zachary's leg gently-- while Kirlia took a hold of Josh's leg, and the others holding on to one another so they all went to the same place. [break][break] A ringing took place in Zachary's ears, slowly but surely as light shimmered around them-- then blinded them as the teleport took hold! With both Pokemon's efforts, they focused, and teleported them all away! [break][break] Before they knew it, they would emerge back to a local Pokemon center. (Where is up to ) [break][break]

NOTES

XXX.[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 3:18:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Pokémon Center that Zachary's Pokémon would get them to was the closest one, though it was not near a town. It was the one by Hoenn's Safari Zone, almost directly north of the mountain. Even so, it was still a long distance. Braver could Teleport, but only over much shorter distances, with one exception: Phantom Road, located directly above Mount Pyre itself.

More importantly, they were now over the mainland, with plenty of highways to get to the nearest town. Lilycove City, while not close, was their best bet. With a direct path over land to the large city, it was Josh's responsibility to get them home the rest of the way. The Gym Leader slid off Komainu's back and got on Vitani, not trusting the strong, tough, and mischievous Pyroar to be gentle on the child. He instead invited her to sit astride Aslan.

"Thanks for the help, Zachary," Josh gratefully replied. "I should be able to handle it from here. You should be getting your check in the mail in a couple weeks. You're more than welcome to follow me back to Lilycove if you want." Regardless of whether the ghost trainer would come along, Josh's smile would be beaming from watching the enthusiastic young trainer hold the reins of a giant Pyroar. He looked like he was having so much fun being bounced up and down by the golden lion's flexing back.

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 2:39:24 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

As the teleport ended, and they found themselves in front of a Pokemon center, Zachary looked around. They were all in one peace. Tarot and Kirlia were with them and everyone was accounted for. A sigh escaped him. "Whew... I didn't think that would work," Zachary replied, "I thought fifty-fifty chance we'd be scattered all away across Hoenn..." [break][break] He looked to Josh and a wry smirk showed on Zachary's face. "I'm kidding," he corrected. [break][break]With brief goodbyes and Lilygrove of all things, Zachary wanted to be in touch with Josh, so he quickly added his contact into his Pokegear. [break][break] As the ranger-gym leader escorted the girl away, Zachary waved as he was left with Abra and Kirlia, seeing them disappear. [break][break] With everything calmed down, Zachary kenlt down to Kirlia. "Thank you so much Kirlia. You been a huge help in finding Dizzy. By the way... do you want to come with me? I'd love to have you around." he asked. The Kirlia smiled and twirled, expressing its happiness to join Zachary. [break][break]

NOTES

End of Mission Mission post link for February. .[break]
XXX.[break]
XXX.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Go On a Ghost Hunt
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 2:41:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: