Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Melt
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 8:17:45 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
8AM, a nurse comes to wake you up. Your bandages are changed and your burns tended to. Then, you eat a modest breakfast consisting of some manner of soup. 9AM, you're given an abridged briefings about all the goings-on in Team Rocket you're currently missing out on. 10AM, a session of physiotherapy designed to help you regain mobility. 1PM, you're served a modest lunch consisting of some manner of soup. 3PM, a session of psychotherapy designed to help you regain stability. 5PM, you're treated to a modest dinner consisting of some manner of soup. 7PM, you're allowed to take a walk around, provided you don't stray from the East Wing of the submarine. 9PM, supper comes in the form of yet another fucking modest soup. 11PM, lights out.

You've been stuck in the same cycle ever since you first woke up, following the same routine ever since you regained consciousness. According to the doctors, this is the most effective treatment plan they have for your severe wounds. As far as you're concerned, it's pure unrelenting tedium. You've never been so bored in your life. You're so deprived of stimulation that it feels like your brain is turning into sludge.

And now, as you lay there in your hospital bed, staring at the clock on the wall as it ticks and tocks, one singular thought dominates your mind:

"If I don't get to eat some real food soon, I'm going to fucking lose it."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Melt
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 2:07:01 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

had done basic first aid on the terrible burns.[break][break]

That still didn't keep him out of the infirmary.[break][break]

The door to 's room is opened by a flustered looking nurse. Tempest Quinn is wheeled inside in a wheelchair. The man looks as frustrated as Shred feels, shifting in the seat. His legs and left arm are mummified, some sharp scent of burn ointments wafting off of him.[break][break]

She parks him, steadfast despite the annoyed looks of Tempest, by Shred's bedside.[break][break]

Smoothing down her scrubs, she affixes a polite smile to Shred himself.[break][break]

"I apologize for the intrusion, sir. We need to perform an emergency sterilization a few rooms down, so Beast Quinn will be joining you for a few hours." She nods, then turns crisply and leaves. The door clicks with finality.[break][break]

Tempest groans and leans back in the chair, tipping his head over the back to stare at the ceiling.[break][break]

"If they keep me in this chair much longer I'm going to blow up the moon."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Melt
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 0:40:13 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
When the door to your room opens, you sit up a little. You weren't expecting this. Are you getting a visitor? Is coming down to see you again? Or maybe some of your "peers" have finally found the time in their "busy" schedules to check up on you? Whatever it is, it's not part of the schedule, and that's enough to make your eyes sparkle.

That optimistic shine then immediately dies as a nurse enters, accompanied by a wheelchair bound... Fuck, what was his name? You feel like you should know it. He's a Beast, he was there during your fight against Palkia, and his name is... Shit, you're really drawing a blank. Then again, it is hard to think when you've spent much of the last few weeks with copious amounts of painkillers flowing through your system. Morphine really is one hell of a drug. Good thing you never got your hands on it earlier, or you'd probably be dead by now.

That might be preferable to what's happening now, though.

As the nurse makes a quick exit, you sink back into your bed. Great. Now they've got two burn victims with cabin fever cooped up in the same room. Wasn't one already one too many? Oh well. Not like you can do much about it. Just gotta hunker down and wait this out...

"...Hang on, why would you blow up the moon? It's not the moon's fault you can't walk. What'd it ever do to you?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Melt
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 3:56:49 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I bet the doctors like looking at it. And last time I was there, Cresselia attacked me. Cresselia being a bitch means she can't have a home anymore. So the moon gets blown up."[break][break]

Of course, Tempest answers this back with the finality and seriousness only someone with Righteous Autism like he, himself, has can say. It is just a fact. He's going to blow up the moon now. It was certainly not a joke. It was for realsies.[break][break]

Lifting his head back up, Tempest glances at Shred. There is an amused little spark in his eye now.[break][break]

"Do you wanna help? I bet would let us use her spaceship if we asked real nice."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Melt
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 4:45:01 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
His response doesn't even faze you. He told you he's visited the moon and fought Cresselia and lived to tell the tale, and you didn't even flinch. this region's really fucked you up in the head, hasn't it? Not so long ago, you would've called him a liar, or told him to shut the fuck up, or at the very least asked for proof.

But now? You just believe him. Yeah, that tracks. Just another day in Hoenn. In fact, the most surprising part of his entire story is an innocuous little detail he slipped in at the end.

"Lulu?"

You blink. has a spaceship? Huh. You think about it for a bit, before deciding that makes perfect sense. After all, she's a woman of many talents and too many projects. You wonder if she ever took that break, like you asked her to...?

"...Do you think she'd like it if we blew up the Moon?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Melt
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 22:12:44 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Yeah, she's my sister-" It was probably the potent mix of shady drugs of shadier doctors, but Tempest does manage to stop himself before he says 'in-law'. That whole thing was a secret, right? Would and be mad? If they found out? He suddenly feels really bad. [break][break]

Well, may as well double down. [break][break]

"My sister. My sister. I am blood related by birth to ." [break][break]

There is nothing suspicious about those slurred words at all. Tempest could only hope his fellow Beast would believe that the 6'2", black, Hoenn native was blood related to the 5'8", white, Galarian woman. There was no flaws with this logic. [break][break]

"... uh... but... no, actually, she would probably hate that. I don't want to make my, uh... yoooounger? sister sad. We should take some other drastic action." How old was Lulu again? Cillian was thirty-six, the cradle robber. Wasn't Lulu still a kid when he got kicked out or something? Okay, yeah, so Lulu was probably his age. This could work. This could totally work.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Melt
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 18:47:06 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
is black?

"Huh. Neat."

...Or, well, partially black. She seems a little white, too. So, she's mixed race? You think? Is that the politically correct term for it? Fuck if you know. You haven't been politically correct since you voted for the Freezington Neo-Anarchist Party in the 1999 Galarian elections. Needless to say, that was NOT the correct political choice, and it's generally been all downhill from there.

Whatever the case may be, you don't question it. Really, her ethnicity isn't your business. That doesn't change the fact that you're still madly in love with her. "The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant" and all that shit.

Though, if this guy IS Lulu's sister, then... You probably shouldn't mention the whole "madly in love with her" part, should you?

Then again, if this guy IS Lulu's sister, then... He's probably a pretty good source of information, right?

"What kind of drastic action do you think Lulu WOULD like?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Melt
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 3:22:03 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Oh, wonderful! had bought it! Surely there would be no repercussions from convincing him that was his blood related sister and at least half a different race. This was fantastic.[break][break]

"Huh.... well..." What Drastic Action WOULD Lulu like? Most of the ones that Tempest could think of, she could probably do herself. Hell, he was pretty sure she come in here and kick both their asses. Even if they were, you know, not infirmed. Lulu was kind of a bad-ass like that.[break][break]

Buuuuut....[break][break]

Much like his own husband, just because you could do some shit on your own didn't mean you didn't want help![break][break]

"Bring to her so she can skin him? Catch Cresselia, maybe? Or like... maybe Darkrai?"[break][break]

Tempest blanked for a moment as he tried VERY HARD to think through the chemical cocktail he had been given.[break][break]

"Waaaait a minute.... why do you wanna know?"[break][break]

Glancing back at the other, Tempest squinted at Shred as if trying to peer right into his skull.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
712 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Melt
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 23:48:00 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"I see, I see..."

Wow, all those things sound VERY hard for a normal person. And you're not exactly a normal person at the moment, are you? Normal people struggle to run marathons. You struggle to even stand up straight.

But even if you WERE an above-average person, like, say, the Shred Zeppelin of a few weeks ago, then it'd still be a pain in the ass! Between kidnapping a League councilman and catching one of two extremely elusive "Legendary" Pokemon, you're starting to think that maybe drastic action isn't the way to go. Maybe moderate action would be a better approach...?

SHIT, he's catching on. That's not good. Your strained mind struggles to conjure up a lie, and after a second of frantic brainstorming, you only come up with one answer. Seems you've got no choice, though. You'll just have to rely on the oldest trick in the book.

"No no, you've got it wrong. I don't want to know, I'm asking for a friend. A really cool friend with a huge crush on her."

...Holy shit, it's so over.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Melt
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 5:36:47 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Uh-huh. Super cool? Do they have a six-pack and everything?" Playing along, Tempest peered at with a shit-eating grin for a few more heavy seconds. You know, just to be kind of a dick and watch the guy squirm. [break][break]

In the end, though, Tempest just raised his arms in a vague shrug. Well, best-of-his-ability shrug. The bandages all on his hands and up his left arm made it look kind of weird.[break][break]

"I'm not about that shovel talk type shit. I know if someone fucked with she is more than capable of skinning their nuts herself. She's a straight up mad scientist bad-ass."[break][break]

Nodding to himself, Tempest had the image of Lulu cross his mind that was just super jacked. Like, huge muscled arms in her black shirt and lab-coat. Damn, that would be so cool. Lulu was so cool.[break][break]

.... hm. Maybe he should have let the doctor know about whatever had given him before this.[break][break]

One thing did nag at him, though. It made Temp look contemplative before he looked back at Shred.[break][break]

"... Lulu's a bad-ass, but she's nicer than she knows. I think the worst thing someone could do is try and fuck with her heart and not be serious about it."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights