Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
GC EXCURSION B: BARNABY & GRIGORI
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 23:34:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

"It's been quiet for awhile now."[break][break]

and found themselves garrisoned in one of the first ROCKET-controlled Research Stations built within the Giant Chasm. It had all the bells and whistles their scientists could dream of — literally, there was some sort of dream mist recording machine, from what Barnaby had snooped earlier.[break][break]

"A little too quiet."[break][break]

He peered out the small, reinforced window, watching as night began to fall around them.[break][break]

tEG71O|r

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
TOTAL ROLLS: 19

[attr="class","credit1"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 23:44:29 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Depends on how you view it, Mr. Bee,” Grigori replied. He had no problems with keeping his gaze on the landscape outside their window. If anything, he was unable to tear his eyes away. The darkened sky painted the lands in a way that perfectly complemented the chasm. Soon enough, it would be gone. Consumed by the encroaching night.

But, perhaps, this is the calm before the storm.

Dangers lurked in every shadow as well, and beauty could very well be a distraction from the intent behind it. He learned that the hard way earlier, with his little solo adventure. How he’d been saved by from a pack of vicious Iron Bundle.

Time tells all, I’m afraid,” he said as he stretched his legs. They’d been sitting there for hours now, on guard for anything that looked at them wrong. So far, nothing had, and not for long enough to gather reinforcements. He sniffed. Grass, pollen, and fresh air. “Hopefully, it tells us nothing.

The thought of danger got his hairs to stand on end. The admin’s words rang inside his chest– it had indeed been very peaceful so far. Logic told them that they were due for a little trouble. Even if he wanted anything but.

Something changed. Grigori suddenly leaned forward in his chair, his attention grabbed by movement in the distance. A blot on the path, a red and white thing. Rather far away, yet it approached them at a rapid pace and slowly grew larger. The grunt pointed to it and looked at Bee, “Activity. Just… one, I think.

Arceus, did they follow him from earlier?! He just wanted to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. Instead, he was forced to crush it underfoot. “Mr. Bee, whose turn is it?

iMGj8afL 

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 2:11:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Time tells all, and what it was currently telling was that this duty was really fucking boring. There was only so much a non-scientist could do in a makeshift laboratory in the middle of some semi-natural space.[break][break]

But it needed to be guarded for the academics to do their work, hence why he and were here.[break][break]

"Hm. Yours, I'm pretty sure."[break][break]

Just like it'd been his turn for the last five turns.[break][break]

"Go scope it out."[break][break]

From this vantage point, whatever it was didn't seem that big. No problem, right? Grigori could definitely handle it himself.[break][break]

j1KDTyNH

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
TOTAL ROLLS: 45

[attr="class","credit1"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 20:18:11 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
It was worth a shot. Grigori quickly rose out of his chair and released his main Pokémon. A bright red Scizor, which stood out perfectly in the green and grey landscape, clacked its claws eagerly. “Scizor, please, eliminate the threat.

The red bug laughed; how could it not? Such a tiny, pathetic creature would stand no chance against its vicious attacks. He did not even waste the energy to meet the creature halfway, allowing it to get ever so closer. Its tiny pitter-patter footsteps grew louder.

A lot louder. “Mr. Bee, is that creature particularly heavy? It sounds like there are is a small horde concentrated in one single Iron Bundle.

Grigori cautiously watched the creature. So too did the Scizor, who finally was in range of the potent threat. As it charged up a Hydro Pump, the insect was one step faster. It couldn’t finish its water-laser attack before it was crushed to smithereens, a single Trailblaze enough to put it six feet under. He grinned maliciously at the scrap heap.

Then why did the grunt look like he had seen a ghost? With his wide eyes and curled lip. Like he was on the verge of despair. “Oh Arceus… look.

His finger pointed back into the distance, towards the sudden sound of noise. His initial assumption had not been wrong– it did indeed sound like an entire pack of Iron Bundle. Except it was an entire pack. One, three, six– there was a small army amassed in the treeline. And they all ran straight for the research base.

Grigori’s skin became snow-white, the same hue as the moon that peeked over the crater’s lip.

TOTAL: 69
o1hrLPIs
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 20:59:02 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

watched from the moderate leisure of the research station window, one elbow propped on the windowsill with his chin tucked into an open palm. At first, things continued to be boring. released a familiar-looking SCIZOR and dispatched the IRON BUNDLE with ease — simple, clean, dull.[break][break]

"Excellent work, Grigori~" Barnaby praised through a stifled yawn.[break][break]

The admin thought that was the end to their momentary excitement, but his subordinate's shaky statement, along with his pale countenance, indicated otherwise.[break][break]

"Hm?" Stepping out into the open and over toward Grigori, Barnaby took in the scene unfolding before them.[break][break]

They were under attack.[break][break]

"Shit." He hissed, immediately releasing his GENESECT onto the grassy plain between the tree line and the research station.[break][break]

"Zap Cannon!"[break][break]

LXV0RQKn

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
TOTAL ROLLS: 92

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 4:56:30 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Scizor, please hold the line!

Said Scizor only spared a glance backwards, both to his trainer and to the help that launched a nuclear Zap Cannon towards the horde. Click-clack. Meddlesome, troublesome creatures. With the help of a second metallic bug, though, they’d surely deal with the threat in no time.

There could only be so many, right?

Thus, the Scizor launched into a full-on assault of the Iron Bundles. Thanks to the Trailblaze, he was a little faster. This speed proved crucial as he weaved in and out between the Bundles that launched several high-pressure water beams at him. It was like a water tower with several holes, desperate to wash the bug away. He stayed afoot instead, and several retaliatory Bug Bites dealt devastating damage.

Yet there were still plenty more, with more red creatures covering up the guts and puddles of watery-oil with their sheer mass. Even with the help of the Zap Cannon, it felt like he’d barely made a dent. He looked to the path where they originated from, only to see a steady trickle of additional creatures. “Scizor! Scizor!

Grigori didn’t need to be to know what he was saying, and his eyes agreed by the fact that he could barely see past the haze of red and white and blue and black. “Mr. Bee, I think we might need to evacuate! He said they’re still coming!

TOTAL: 172
fmvVKFo8

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 23:21:33 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Several IRON BUNDLE went sailing across the edge of the canyon upon impact with GENESECT's ZAP CANNON, while many others lost robotic limbs or began leaking an odd, iridescent fluid. Some ever appeared to short-circuit and simply power down.[break][break]

"We're not going anywhere. Too much went in to securing this checkpoint." retorted, his tone bordering on severe. [break][break]

"We can't lose the research that's inside." [break][break]

With this in mind, a hand rose to his earpiece to switch on communications with their main base. "Requesting air support in sector GC-4B. Paradox horde incoming."[break][break]

The same hand at his ear then moved to clap reassuringly on the shoulder, not unlike the way the older man had done to him in ZAPDOS' lair. [break][break]

"Stay with me, Grigori. We just need to endure until backup arrives."[break][break]

In front of them, Barnaby's GENESECT began rapid-firing TECHNO BLASTS, aiming at the IRON BUNDLES' front line.[break][break]

VMtmUB24

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
TOTAL ROLLS: 271

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 4:39:36 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
They could replace research, even if the scientists would grumble at the mere prospect at it; they could not replace the scientists themselves. If they perished, then they were permanently down the insightful minds at play. Before Grigori could voice that, though, Bee placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

The tables had been turned since their last meeting, it seemed. Not the exact same scenario, but the thought was all that was necessary. “Well, I can’t not trust you on the matter–

SCIZOR!

In the moment of distraction, something terrible happened. That bastard. That arrogant, overconfident bastard. The Scizor had put himself into a terrible position, overzealous in his slaughter. It only took a moment, one tiny slip up– and an Iron Bundle leaped squarely onto his back.

Scizor?

As he tried to remove it with the viscous Dual Wingbeat of his meager wings, a second one jumped onto his arm. When he tried to remove that one, a third one clung to his leg like a suicide bomber. Iron Bundle after Iron Bundle jumped atop the insect before it was drowned in a pile of mechanical death machines. And then, he was gone. Brought beneath the tide.

A geyser of water followed suit, enough to rumble the very earth. Grigori pulled out his Poke Ball and held it out with a shaky arm, “Arceus be damned– please come back, please come back…

Oh thank goodness,” Tears formed in his eyes, relief, as the signature red beam reclaimed the Scizor from the battlefield. But now wasn’t the time to worry– the Techno Blasts only did so much. Single-target tactics weren’t enough. With a grim expression, he pulled out a ball and turned to Bee.

Admin Bee, please tell all the scientists to unplug their equipment,” he said as he released his next Pokémon. A black-cable bundle of nightmares emerged, with a white, thorny head immediately on the prowl for power. And such a juicy source was right behind it. It wasted no time and snaked backwards. It Ingrained itself into whatever openings it could and started suckling the–

Cables, please Zap Cannon!

Or that. That worked too. Oh well. Energy built up in its head, and pointed straight toward the encroaching horde. The lights above flickered before exploding into thousands of shards. A Gimmigoul coin fell alongside it, and Grigori quickly snatched it from the air. “Mr. Bee, please keep buying time and stand back…

PROMPT COMPLETE: Get a number and get an extra 25 PD Idr the exact one

TOTAL: 273
 otHYXQv2
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 18:19:08 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Turn off the power. Now. Unplug as many machines as you can." The admin urged over comms.[break][break]

wasted no time in following 's directive. Whatever he had in mind, it was likely something that would turn the tide of battle. That hunch was all but assured when XURKITREE appeared on the field.[break][break]

With a sharp whistle, Barnaby called his GENESECT back and stepped behind where Grigori stood directing his ULTRA BEAST. He had half a mind to order GENESECT to attack with its own ZAP CANNON, but resisted the urge, considering XURKITREE's hunger for energy. He doubted it would be very discerning between friend and foe.[break][break]

Besides, reinforcements were seconds away. Overhead, a squad of GENESECT finally appeared over the lip of the chasm. They flew downward, honing in on their position.[break][break]

HYPER BEAMS rained down from above on the horde of IRON BUNDLE.[break][break]

7b|pAlLp

[break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[break]
TOTAL ROLLS: 365

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
awards
286 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 16:45:00 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Bee’s Genesect had quite the powerful Zap Cannon. It had done plenty work on its own and certainly bought them time earlier when it happened. Yet it only had its own body to rely on. Self-made electricity could only get so powerful, and so destructive before it threatened to tear the user apart. They were limited by their own capability. Not enough, and the attack was pitiful. Too much, and the raw power would burst from their body.

Self-control was important. So when you combine a creature that can hold a seemingly infinite amount of energy in their body, and give them a potent outside power source, and a penchant for razor-sharp focus when it came to electricity…

Everything not unplugged burst into debris and flames as its energy was sapped. Cable’s head glowed like a supernova, and the raw power burst forth from it rivaled a true power plant. The Iron Bundle that had closed the distance vaporized beneath the raw energy unleashed. Everything in the background didn’t appreciate it either.

And once the Genesect delivered their powerful Hyper Beams, the horde stood zero chance. A small army’s worth of potential– gone in fifteen seconds. Grigori rarely saw scorched earth of this scale, but… he shivered, despite the flickering flames that all the attacks left in their wake.

They’d destroyed the landscape, but the base was safe and so were they. This was a victory in a sense. Grigori uncovered his ears and visually checked out Bee. He looked to be safe and unharmed. Good.

Well, Mr. Bee,” He said as he started to turn around, “Good work.

The Xurkitree was recalled before it could do any more harm. “If you don’t mind, I’m going to sit down inside for a bit. That was… something.

Strange. He used to feel entirely comfortable with the sight of charred grass, smoldering bits and a sense of utter annihilation. But now, his legs struggled to keep him upright, like noodles, as he carried himself back inside the complex. Maybe Cables had sapped some of his own nerves, in the chaos.

TOTAL: 381
 FFTGROX3
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 5:21:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(BONUS)