fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
a welcome addition
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 1:23:56 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempgideon"]
[attr="class","body"]

The creaking of solid wood and metal hinges announced the arrival of as she stepped past the threshold of 's office.[break][break]

"Miss Higashi?" The museum director rose from his seat and extended a hand over the immaculately organized materials on his desk, open-palmed toward the woman he was interviewing today.[break][break]

"Dr. Gideon Graves." Though they'd already been in communication, formality dictated his introduction. Once introductions were complete, he'd gesture for her to sit opposite him.[break][break]

"Thank you for coming. I know it was a long trip to Slateport."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon"]--accent:#d49f3a;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
a welcome addition
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 18:44:16 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

The day had finally come... After weeks of preparation, initial survey visits, submitting her review and her work, the final stage of the process had come along. Yuina had made her way to Slateport City, dressed in her best and prepared as she never would be to see if her work was suited enough to be accredited. A big step in academia...[break][break]
Moving through the office hallways, Yuina found the designated door, the office of her final step, an interview with Dr. . She pushed on the old wood, and it gave way. Yuina was right on time, so it was no wonder that the voice on the other side rose with her name.[break][break]
"Yes, Yuina Higashi. It's a pleasure to meet you officially Dr. Graves," she returned with a nod, taking his hand in greeting as he'd offered it. She turned to sit opposite him across the well utilized desk, shoulders square.[break][break]
"No, no trouble at all. I appreciate the opportunity, and your time today. Thank you very much."

notes[break]
Mission: Zero to One Hundred -> Slateport City[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
a welcome addition
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 15:40:40 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Of course. I’ve been looking forward to our meeting.” Though his dry tone did not necessarily match the level of internal enthusiasm he felt. [break][break]

was infamous in local academic circles for his inexpressive – even severe – demeanor, after all.[break][break]

Now, I know the basic overview of your collection already.” He’d been thorough in reading her itemized report detailing every facet of the exhibit she aspired to add to the museum. “But I’d like to hear firsthand from you...”[break][break]

Steepling his fingers across his desk, the professor paused for one beat before continuing,[break][break]

What exactly you’re seeking from this collaboration.

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49f3a; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempgideon .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstempgideon .notes"] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 25px 15px 25px 15px; margin: 5px 7px 10px 8px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
a welcome addition
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 16:54:08 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Taking the seat in front of her, steeling herself into the professionalism of the moment, Yuina knew that this meeting was everything. This was the final step that she had worked towards after everything that she had done to prepare her work.[break]
Dr. Graves began simply, he'd reviewed her work, the various documents that she had prepared, the overview of her exhibit pieces. But instead of going over what he had already been presented, he posed a query, questioning beyond what it was that she had physically presented.[break][break]
"What am I seeking," Yuina thought, it was an odd way to pose the question... Her work was anything but sefless, truly, she was preserving a piece of herself that she would never be able to return to. But, she herself was far from the only reason she did what she did.[break]
"It shouldn't be about what I'm seeking Dr. Graves, just because I have been working on these pieces doesn't mean that they belong to me exclusively," Yuina returned. Even if her pieces were to be moved, and she were no longer in charge of their care, she would still be happy knowing that the history would be taken care of...[break][break]
"Hisuian History is becoming an integral part of Hoenn's history every day, and everyone deserves a resource to learn about that era, the Pokemon that come from that time, and maybe even have a chance to find a bit of themselves in a culture that's become distant and lost."

notes[break]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
a welcome addition
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 1:59:31 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

wasn't a man that indulged in semantics — at least not where it concerned potential future employees and work collaborations.[break][break]

"Correct." Slight confusion furrowed his brows momentarily before he continued, "And I appreciate your passion for Hisuian history and its dissemination to the public."[break][break]

It was a commendable thing to witness firsthand. That being said, Gideon was already aware of 's intentions in that regard. She was the one who'd taken the initiative to reach out to him, after all.[break][break]

"But perhaps you misunderstood my question. I'll ask again." Here his lips creased in an attempt at a smile.[break][break]

"What are you seeking from the museum in terms of employment? You are the steward for these pieces, yes, but your resume speaks for itself." A rare compliment from someone like him.[break][break]

"What are your thoughts on working with a team to care for and expand on this collection? Your job title and responsibilities? Benefits and compensation? Networking opportunities? Workplace culture? Things of that nature."

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Elite Ranger
I don't want
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
awards
1,191 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
a welcome addition
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 18:27:33 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]

Oh...[break]
She did very much misunderstand the point of his question, the actual logistics of employment within the museum as opposed to pleading her case as to why it mattered...[break][break]
Yuina had been ready to defend her work, but it seemed that wasn't necessary as Dr. Graves regarded her resume. She was a bit shocked.[break]
"I'm sorry Dr. Graves, I did misunderstand your question," Yuina nodded in agreement, a part of her hadn't considered that she'd get this far... but now here she was.[break][break]
"If I intend to expand on what I've already established, I will need a team to continue to tend to the exhibit. I've only just managed it on my own thus far, more help would be greatly appreciated," Yuina began, she couldn't possibly continue on just by herself with an ocassional hand of help, if she wanted to work on as many different expansions as she already had in mind, she would need much more help.[break][break]
"This wouldn't mean that I want to be hands off from the exhibit or its pieces, I will want to remain involved. Having assistance however will allow me to continue to work on the language, translations, authentication, and the studies I'm conducting on the various Hisuian Era Pokemon that have emerged from the time-space distortions," she clarified, all in the name of being able to expand her knowledge and leverage her memories of that far away place.[break][break]
"In addition to my exhibit work, I would also like to offer my own Pokemon as ambassadors for the study. It's become very popular as part of what I do in Petalburg," Yuina continued, she wouldn't dare continue her work without her Pokemon. Especially Moroe, the fox would have it out for her she was sure.[break][break]
"I have found and work with sixteen different Pokemon species that I posit are all in fact from the Hisui era. They provide another level of education and engagement to visitors being able to see and interact with these should be extinct species."

notes[break]

close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
a welcome addition
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 2:29:17 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Better, admitted to himself as shook off her nerves and delved into explaining her stance.[break][break]

Bringing a thoughtful finger to his lips, the museum director listened intently, nodding his head in encouragement for her to continue where appropriate. When she'd spoken her piece he'd then shift in his chair, the leather creaking under his weight. [break][break]

"We'll conduct interviews for your team as soon as you settle in. It will be composed of established researchers as well as student interns from Slateport University." He knew several undergraduate and graduate students interested in the positions already.[break][break]

"Your Pokémon are a welcome addition, of course. The public always enjoys learning more when they're doing things up close and personal."[break][break]

With that, he opened the floor for her to tie up any remaining thoughts or inquiries.[break][break]

"Do you have any questions for me?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","credit1"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights