Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
343 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
GC Excursion C: Gunner & Beau
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 17:22:09 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

The Great Chasm had been a flurry of activity over recent weeks, and fortunately for Beau, his trainee activity in the Rangers had put him on the League's radar once again. He may not have had tenure in the new system, but he at least had his feet under him, and the League was apparently fighting too many fires at once to handle everything with the usual suspects.
[break][break]
Thus, Beau found himself pulled from his quiet little corner in Dewford to assist with what they hoped would be a recon mission: a handful of researchers had gone missing in one of the cave systems near the Chasm's entry point, and they were sorely missed.
[break][break]
Beau stretched idly as he waited in the entryway of the research station nearest the cave in question, glancing about as white-coated researchers scurried this way and that, muttering words to one another that he really couldn't have translated if he'd wanted to. Too many technical terms for his liking, and he'd never done that well in his science courses.
[break][break]
He did know that he was supposed to link up with a more experienced partner - Gray, maybe? - so that's what he waited on, doing his best to step out of the way here and there as researchers darted past, because even though he had some not-so-bright moments, charging headlong into a cave by himself did not rank highly on the List Of Smart Things To Do.
[break][break]
8PCIYU|0

[break][break]
Total: 46

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

Mission: GC Excursion C: Monster Hunter

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]--accent:#5088b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 21:22:41 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner arrived on the back of his Salamence, Bruin, the Pokémon's great bulk casting a shadow upon everything below it. The ground trembled as the dragon landed outside the cave and the research station built by its entrance. [break][break]

"Are you ?" Gunner asked the man in the Ranger uniform as he slid to the ground. Turning, he recalled Bruin into a Pokéball, then walked up to shake his partner's hand. "I'm Agent ." [break][break]

Light blue eyes noted the green trainee badge and armband; Gunner suppressed a sigh, hoping he wasn't saddled with a complete rookie. In contrast, he was wearing a black tactical uniform with HBIC in white block letters across his chest. The bureau's logo was stitched to the upper portion of his right sleeve. [break][break]

Gunner directed his gaze to the darkened mouth of the cave. "Are you caught up on the situation here?" [break][break]

FA8iAedV[break]Total: 67

TAGS[break]
NOTES – gc excursion c: monster hunter

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
343 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 4:12:22 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau ducked his head reflexively as the Salamence passed overhead, peering intently at the unfolding events as the dragon deposited its rider to the ground before vanishing back into its pokeball. He regarded the new arrival with a curious furrow of his brow; he was still learning about the structure of the League, but he was pretty sure that his understanding of the HBIC acronym did not apply to whatever this man was wearing it for.
[break][break]
Moving forward, he returned the handshake firmly, a broad grin lighting up his features. "That's me," he affirmed brightly, "An' you can just call me Beau. Good to meet you, br- er, Agent Graves!"
[break][break]
Straight to business it was, not that Beau could fault him - there were people at risk, if they weren't already beyond rescuing. "Yeah, I got filled in on the way over. There's a missing team of three, last seen goin' in this cave here." He approached the mouth of the cave, a slight frown wrinkling his brow. "No recon yet - that's us - but they're saying odds are good we've got a wild one in there to deal with, which makes me nervous for the nerds."
[break][break]
He paused, seeming to catch himself, and corrected: "Researchers."
[break][break]
O2a3k4g7

[break][break]
Total: 75

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 3:12:54 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner silently noted Beau's verbal self-corrections but said nothing about them. Instead, he nodded and released a different Pokémon from another ball. His Arcanine appeared in a flash of light. [break][break]

"Then we'll proceed with caution and gather whatever information we can while we're down there," he said. "This is Gwyn ap Nudd. His nose will come in handy, and he can teleport us back here if necessary, too." [break][break]

Gunner clicked on a flashlight and nodded at his dog. "Lead the way." [break][break]

They ventured into the cave, the beam from his flashlight illuminating vast stretches of Tera crystals. Ever since the incident at 's Elite Four chamber, Gunner had a healthy wariness of the strange material. [break][break]

The shards people used to Terastallize their Pokémon seemed controllable enough, but in the wild, the Tera crystals could cause terrible harm to humans and Pokémon alike. [break][break]

Eventually, the pair reached a thick span of webbing made by some kind of spider. Gunner paused in front of it, frowning. "It's too much to cut, and we might get stuck if we try to force our way through. Gwyn ap Nudd, can you burn through this?" [break][break]

The Arcanine padded forward, flames rolling between his jaws. Gunner retreated a short distance. "We should back up," he said to Beau as he passed the other man. [break][break]

4jQdw4_V[break]Total: 97

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
343 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 2:31:11 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau blinked as the Arcanine was released from his pokeball, caught halfway between listening to Gunner's introduction and marveling at the size of the canine. He was impressed, and he knew he should be, because he'd never met a pokemon with a middle name before.
[break][break]
His brow furrowed as he considered his options, and after a brief moment he released his Swampert, who grumbled pleasantly as he maneuvered to Beau's side. "This is Nemo!" he offered proudly. "He can, uh, fight stuff if we run into baddies!" He nodded decisively, secure in his contribution to the team, and Nemo mirrored the nod with a discordantly happy smile on his amphibian features.
[break][break]
Despite his extensive mental preparations, he had neglected to change the batteries in his flashlight, and so he was left to hold the dead light source in one hand - because at least the officer would know he had one - and walk behind Gunner as he led the way through the cave. When they came to the spiderwebs, his nose wrinkled in disgust. "Nah, I can't even pull those down if I wanted to," he agreed. "We oughtta- ohrightokay," he redirected hastily, darting after Gunner as the Arcanine advanced toward the webbing, and soon after Beau felt the heat on his back as the spiderwebs were momentarily a wall of flame, and then cinders.
[break][break]
Coughing, he waved his hands to disperse some of the smoke, pausing as Gunner's flashlight swung over along the newly-exposed passage. A scattered set of enormous saurian footprints were visible in the shiny mud on the cave floor, and Beau squinted at them. "Those don't look right," he pronounced eloquently.
[break][break]
XpBoU24z

[break][break]
Total: 197

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 18:20:01 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Frowning, Gunner crouched beside the footprints for a better look. [break][break]

"I'm not a Pokémon expert, but these don't look like anything I've seen before," he said. Standing, he pointed his flashlight at Beau. "We need to be more careful. These narrow passages could put us at a disadvantage if it came down to a fight with a new Pokémon." [break][break]

They continued down the natural corridor with Gwyn ap Nudd in the lead. Everything looked like a normal cave to Gunner, and he was about to suggest splitting up when his Arcanine suddenly froze, hackles raised. A deep, guttural noise tumbled from the dog's throat. [break][break]

Beyond where they stood, the tunnel opened up into a large cavern studded with Tera crystals. A blue-scaled, bipedal Pokémon drank water from an underground pool. Its back was to them, so it hadn't noticed them yet. [break][break]

Nearby, three humans lay unmoving. [break][break]

"Fontaine! The researchers!" Gunner hissed, pointing at the bodies, which were garbed in the same uniforms as the scientists at the research station. [break][break]

Hg_9lrE9[break]Total: 278

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
343 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 19:02:09 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Beau nodded as he, Gunner, and their pokemon made their way through the tunnel. He didn't have to be a strategic genius to know that the claustrophobic confines of the cave did not lend themselves well to a brawl. He should know, he'd once nearly been on the losing side of one near Rustboro. Fortunately, it had been Geodude mating season, and with the timely arrival of a herd of them...
[break][break]
He shook his head brusquely, clearing his thoughts. Some things did not bear remembering.
[break][break]
The Arcanine's rumbling growl brought him up short, and he peered ahead, catching sight first of the pokemon ahead of them, then the numerous clusters of Tera crystals that sprinkled the surroundings. Gunner's hissed warning drew his attention to the three fallen researchers, and his eyes widened in recognition.
[break][break]
Moving as quietly as he dared, Beau shuffled, crouching, toward the researchers. When he reached them, he experimentally placed two fingers to the first one's neck, feeling for a pulse. After a moment, his shoulders slumped, and he moved to the second, repeating the gesture.
[break][break]
This man sat bolt upright with a scream of fright that echoed around the walls of the cavern, causing the Walking Wake to whirl with a snarl, orienting first on the shivering researcher, then on Beau right next to him.
[break][break]
Beau swore and dove out of the way, narrowly missing being hit by a DRAGON BREATH. Nemo bounded forward from the grotto entrance, retaliating with a ROCK SLIDE that sent chunks of the cave ceiling mixed with Tera Crystals raining down on the saurian pokemon. "NOT COOL, BRAH!!" Beau hollered at the traumatized researcher, who offered a whimper in response.
[break][break]
ZYJDtPtu

[break][break]
Total: 371

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 19:16:20 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner waited with bated breath as Beau shuffled over to the bodies. The agent bit back the urge to swear when he saw the slump of the other man's shoulders. Thankfully, the second person was still alive—but the ensuing scream blew any chance at a stealthy recovery. [break][break]

"Get in there, Gwyn ap Nudd!" he shouted, though the Arcanine was already in motion, leaping toward the unknown Pokémon. A THUNDER FANG sent electricity arcing all throughout its body as its agonized howl echoed throughout the cavern. [break][break]

Meanwhile, Gunner ran to join the others. He knelt beside the conscious researcher and checked for wounds. Thankfully, besides a minor head wound, he could only find superficial cuts and bruises. [break][break]

"You're going to be okay," he reassured the terrified man. [break][break]

Gwyn ap Nudd landed nearby, barely dodging a HYDRO PUMP. Then he surged back into the fray, jaws crackling with lightning. [break][break]

"Do you have any idea what that thing is?" Gunner shouted at Beau over the noise of battle. [break][break]

cXq0D5Gw[break]Total: 391

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
awards
343 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 19:34:32 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"Uh, yeah, brah, it's MAD!" Beau bellowed back at Gunner over the melee. He picked himself up off the ground and scowled, picking a tiny pebble from his upper arm and flicking it away contemptuously. He clambered over to Gunner and the researchers, checking on the third man, who only had a low, whistling breath to offer. "Better than nothing," he grunted, hoisting the unconscious man over his shoulder.
[break][break]
A lull in the fighting caused him to look up toward the Walking Wake, who bared its fangs in a vicious snarl before a HYDRO STEAM surged out of its maw. Nemo darted in to intercept at the last second, uttering a pained cry as the attack hit him and dispersed, a cloud of white mist filling the air.
[break][break]
Though the strange pokemon was stronger than expected, two against one was still good odds, and between Gwyn ap Nudd's electrical fangs and Nemo's resilience in holding back the other's attacks, the Walking Wake was brought low, panting. Beau grunted and threw a pokeball toward the creature, but it whipped its head around and dove into the pool from which it had been drinking, vanishing with a splash.
[break][break]
Supporting the unconscious researcher, Beau looked around for Gunner with raised eyebrows. "I'd say good on us, but I don't like our chances if that sucker decides to come back. I'll get this dude, can you help him and..." he trailed off, glancing to the unmoving researcher lying on the ground.
[break][break]
nJvL70WC

[break][break]
Total: 472

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 19:44:08 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

In the stillness following the Paradox Pokémon's escape, Gunner heard his heartbeat thudding at breakneck speed in his ears. He tore his gaze away from the black pool of water and helped the trembling scientist to his feet. [break][break]

"You're right, we should head back," Gunner agreed, his gaze also falling to the corpse of the first researcher. Releasing a heavy sigh, he raised his eyes to his Arcanine. "Gwyn ap Nudd?" [break][break]

The large canine padded forward and picked up the limp body in his jaws. Then, in the blink of an eye, the group teleported away. A second later, they found themselves at the entrance to the research station. [break][break]

Adjusting his grip, Gunner started off at a slow walk into the encampment. A few members of the staff who noticed them rushed forward to help. Grateful for the aid, Gunner handed off his charge to the others. [break][break]

"Can you accompany them to the medical tent?" the agent asked Beau. "I'll handle the other one."

He looked over at Gwyn ap Nudd, who waited to the side with his somber parcel. [break][break]

9Dz2XgtE[break]Total: 504

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,801 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 6:52:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven