WRITE REPLY

[EXCURSION][C/Gwen] Survive the Onslaught!

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 19:40:23 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin, geared up in the Venusaur side of her Sygna Suit, wanted to go deeper into Area Zero. She had heard the cries of rare and special Pokémon from within its depths. Alas, it was not to be; today, she was tasked with keeping a research crew safe. At one of the stations closest to the bottom of the Giant Chasm, several League scientists were studying Midori, Shalin's Iron Leaves. She would be without the Sacred Sword's help. Firja was also still healing from the last time she had gone deep into Area Zero. That left her with her usual suspects: her two Sygna Pokémon, Sandy and Saria.

The gentle giant extended one of her vines next to Shalin, offering her a ride on it to get her suit warmed up. "Not this time, Saria," the Captain replied, giving the tip of it a gentle pat. Instead, she clicked open Lathiel's Poké Ball, the Type: Null pacing about near her trainer. "Alright, Lathiel, we've gotta make sure nothing gets through those doors. Especially not any of these paradox Pokémon or Team Rocket."

_uTo5rZc

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Midori        Iron Leaves    Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Saria         Venusaur       Good
Kiku          Skuntank       Good
Volt          Jolteon**      Good
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 3:52:09 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Ready to go, Gishath?" The Gabite hissed, waving its claws around in anticipation while the ginger laughed at her partner's anticipation and would head on out with Shalin into Area Zero. Once fully ready and inside of the area proper, she waved towards Hoenn's Most Sane Ranger. She was faring well than last time, that was for sure.

"Hey Shalin! Glad we're paired together again. I've been meaning to ask you a couple of questions."

She had really wanted to step out of Robin's shadow, and actually take some of the spotlight for herself. And the only way to do that was to get the run down on how to build self confidence from the most wild woman in the region. Gwen would do it if it meant that she could make something of herself, especially with the Rangers.

"Ready to get going?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 3:04:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Saria persisted, the tip of her vine floating around Shalin. Her suit was still fully recovering from the last time the Venusaur had hurled her around at ludicrous speeds. "I'm still not feeling great after our last run." Sighing, she sat on the vine's end like it was the back of a Pokémon. "But keep it fairly still." Even with Saria lifting Shalin off the ground, the Infinity Energy flowed between the two enough for a faint, green outline to appear around the duo. It was a visual sign of Infinity Energy being exchanged between trainer and synced Pokémon.

Saria let Shalin down not long after called out to her. "Oh, hi there Gwen!" the Captain greeted her. "What questions do you have about the assignment?" She listened to the first one and frowned. "Sadly, we won't be going anywhere. We're going to be protecting a research station. Some of our best scientists are studying one of the new paradox Pokémon from the bottom of Area Zero. Our job is to protect them."

0Z1gMKTu

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 6:10:09 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

The revelation that they wouldn't be going off anywhere was like a sudden kick in the stomach was enough for Gwen to look surprised. Gishath, however, seemed just as mildly annoyed as he normally did. The Gabite hissed along and waddled up to the Venusaur as if to inspect it. The little guy grumbled to himself and was curious about how the vines coming from it had been lifting, as if jealous.

"Really?! We're just going to stay here?"

Gwen let out a soft sigh, but some time away from HQ and some rather boring duties as always welcome!

"Well, it's still an important duty. And I meant questions about you, not really the assignment. It's hard to explain..."

There was a moment of silence while she tried to sum up what was on her mind with what she wanted to tell Shalin. Gwen couldn't just start spilling the beans there and then. But she couldn't really be vague either. There was a fine line to step in tow with here.

"I wanted to ask how...How would I be like you more? Like more confident and brave. I'm trying to improve myself for somebody I like and want to protect but I don't know where to even start."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 2:24:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Gabite had every right to be curious, Infinity Energy radiating from the duo even as the vine was still. That she was sitting right on the end of it looked even more unusual. Her smile slowly grew as the vine waved back and forth, giggling with every gentle flick every time they changed direction. Once she was sufficiently warmed up, Saria extended her vine next to Gwen.

So the questions weren't about the assignment. They were about self-improvement. Being brave. Shalin stuttered for a bit before composing herself, feeling she wasn't great at what she was being asked to do. It wouldn't look good on her as a Captain if she blew Gwen off, though. "Take little steps outside your comfort zone," Shalin replied. "That's the best advice I can give you for self-improvement. It worked for me when I was trying to find the limits of my Sygna Suit. Look at me now," she gestured toward what was beneath her. "When I first started using this suit, I never dreamed I would be able to do this. You know how fast a Venusaur's Vine Whips move?"

Shalin let the question sink in before continuing. "It was way outside my comfort zone. Just push your boundaries a little at a time. If you try to go too fast, that's not being brave. That's being a fool. How deep have you gone into the Giant Chasm? Next time you get the chance, go a little deeper."

0iWF5BD4

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
183 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 1:31:55 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Little steps outside the comfort zone? It was something she was already doing, considering how she had a little bit of extra meat and muscle on her bones from a year ago when she first came here. She had even thought about switching out her glasses for contacts, given how often her spectacles slid down her nose.

"I've been going on hikes and getting outside more. Used to be a homebody, but I'm starting to bulk up. I may need new pants and shirts anyway, these are getting tight..."

She even gave a little flex in jest, snicking to herself. Gishath continued to stare at the Venusaur and its trainer in thought while wagging its fin around and trying to mimic the sensations of the vines surrounding Shalin. Gwen had never really been one to guess how fast vines could move, especially moreso if a Sygna Suit was being used.

"How fast? Probably faster than us both, that's for sure." The ranger grinned. "Anyway, I haven't been in the Chasm before, this is a first for me. Going deeper sounds risky, but if it'll make me confident enough to be like you..."

Gwendolyn hesitated for a moment, as if to question if what she was doing was far above her level, but then shaking her head with a scoff.

"I'll do it."

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 16:50:01 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Ah, such was the struggle of clothing. As the Gym Leader's lifestyle changed over time, so did his clothing size. He had a drawer of folded clothes too large for him back at his folks' apartment. Moving from Johto to Hoenn was a hassle, especially for a duo in their sixties, but the older couple got the job done.

Yes, Josh had old parents.

Shalin grinned, knowing how the vines of a Venusaur cut. "That cracking noise you hear is actually the tip of the vine going faster than the speed of sound. I don't hear it. All I hear is silence." Without knowing how Sygna Suits worked, it had to be a terrifying thought. How did Shalin live to tell the tale of her supernatural feat?

The girl withdrew her Pokémon other than Lathiel, the Type: Null crouching to let Shalin upon her back. "You got a Pokémon you can hop onto? The cliffside can be a bit rough to travel. If not, I've got you covered!" Without a saddle, she was unsure if the Gabite could carry Gwen. They were also a bit on the smaller side as a species; while they could certainly grow large enough to hop onto, body composition mattered a lot.

qG1DINOS

{PC: 4}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights