december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 19:04:21 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde's doing their best to ignore the sounds of pokémon nearby in this little spot of Rustboro sewers that hasn't yet been flooded by swarms upon swarms of pokémon - with a big emphasis on yet. Their hands itch, wanting to charge right at the problem in question, but this time, they really can't.

First, they were waiting for their mission partner for today - they arrived way too early to have a look around the unfamiliar sewers - and second, not having a plan was ... not great with the task at hand.

At least, however, they had a map today, which definitely has to be half a plan! "Sylv, darlin'," they quietly shout, not looking up from studying the map of the sewer system. They already made a few markings with blockages that would need to be cleared somehow, some pokémon relocated ... The Sylveon returns to their side in an instant, cooing and telling them another tidbit of information about the tunnel nearby that they marked down on the map.

Neither of them seemed to be bothered by their surroundings - they rather appear like they were used to this environment, despite looking absolutely out of place. The black-red Sylveon clearly is as fashionable as their trainer, even as the trainer doesn't sport a full lolita dress today. They were wearing trousers and a more practical worksuit, but even this one is adorned with various frills and ribbons whenever they wouldn't bother - a odd combination of practicality and fashion. Their long, long hair is also braided and styled so it wouldn't get in the way, either.

While Lutgarde was busying themself with the map, Sylv is on the lookout, and notices footsteps approaching. He goes on alert, before he relaxes, recognising the description of their partner for today, and gives the newcomer a friendly greeting coo.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 5:55:11 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

The sewers. Why exactly had he been tasked with this? While not a neat freak, he was a bit big on cleanliness. So getting tasked with dealing with poison-type Pokémon running amok had come as a surprise. At least they were expected to deal with the problem peacefully.
[break][break]
Coffee thermos in hand, he walked through the sewers until he found his way to the meeting spot. To his surprise, he wasn't the first to arrive. And that was saying something since he was the type to usually arrive early to something. Part of it being a general dislike of being tardy.
[break][break]
Like the other ranger, he decided to work out of uniform. Mostly because he didn't see it as an official ranger mission. Instead, he had chosen to wear a pair of jeans and a button-up, not his usual choice of attire. Usually, he dressed quite nicely, often wearing slightly dressy clothes to seem more put together.
[break][break]
"Hello, sorry if I kept you waiting. Anyway, my name's Ever," he said, his gaze flickering briefly to the oddly colored Sylveon. Hair dye, he assumed, considering shiny Sylveon were blue and white, not black and red.
[break][break]
The Fairy type did make him think of his own Pokémon, especially his Galarian Rapidash, who now that he thought about it, might come in handy for this mission. But for now, Nyx, his Gliscor, was the one outside of her Poké Ball.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 11:59:20 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde turns around as they feel Sylv's attention refocus, and then look up from the map with a smile at the fellow ranger. "Hey there! No worries, I arrived way too early," they laugh, reaching out their hand for a handshake if wanted. "I'm Lutgarde, and this here is my partner Sylv." Sylv gives another greeting coo, and tentatively reaches out with the free end of one of his ribbons if the other pokémon would allow, while the other remains firmly wrapped around Lutgarde's wrist.

"Have you worked in a sewer before?" they ask the other, getting down to business surprisingly quickly - but well, this was, kind of, their passion. "I've got a map here ... haven't been here before, but that's where I noticed some clogging ... did you notice anything out of place on your way here?" they asked, showing Ever the map on which they made various notes.

Their handwriting was a really weird mix of chicken scratch and calligraphy.

"I believe that the biggest problems might be around this area ... there's some pokémon I saw gathered, and they don't continue deeper into the system for some reason."

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 5:10:03 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Something I can relate to, though it often gives the wrong impression to people that I'm excited about something. I just don't like being late," he commented as he shook the other's hand. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you, Lutgarde and Sylv."
[break][break]
That being said, "And this is my partner for tonight, Nyx," he said, glancing briefly at his Gliscor before turning his attention back to Lutgarde.
[break][break]
While the trainers were going through the introductions, the two Pokémon were doing their own thing. Nyx, being pretty laidback, would allow Sylv's ribbons to touch her.
[break][break]
Upon hearing the question, he shook his head. "Aw, no. I usually don't like working in places where I'm not at risk of getting wet," he said at last, resisting the urge to tug at his shirt at the thought.
[break][break]
"A map is good, it means we won't have to trek all over. As for anything weird, hmmm, no, but the clogging could be due to poison sludge," they said absently as they looked over the map that Lutgarde had brought, as well as the notes she had made.
[break][break]
Her handwriting was a bit hard to read in some places and easy to read in others. Due to the multiple letters he had sent his grandparents before coming to live with him, he immediately identified the clear writing as calligraphy. His own choice of writing fell between calligraphy or cursive, depending on the mood he was in. That, in writing in such fashions, had set him even further apart from his father.
[break][break]
As she mentioned the Pokémon, his expression became thoughtful. "Hmmm, that is strange. Could something be keeping them from wanting to head further in? I suppose the better question would be what made them wander down here in the first place."[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 16:56:32 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
"The diligent type, hm?" Lutgarde quips lightheartedly with a grin as they shake the other ranger's hand. "I feel similiarly - but well, can't say I'm not excited, either." While others considered them stinky and terrible, Lutgarde also agrees on the stinky part, but less so on the terrible part. After all, sewers are fascinating and a beauty of engineering, civilisation. And they have a rather fascinating ecosystem which, as of now, is threatening to burst. "I'll make sure to take the brunt should there be a risk of getting wet," they helpfully offered - they figure that especially here, getting wet is even worse of a situation than in any other place.

But, there is work to do, and they would have to get to the bottom of it as much as they could. "Yeah, poison sludge makes sense ... I'm not sure if I have anything that's of much help if we deal with this, but maybe one of the resident pokémon here will be able to help. But, of course, there's also that ..."

There is also the problem of pokémon clogging, not heading in further where theoretically, there should be more space for them to temporarily hide out here. "Do you have any guesses what might be the root cause of it?" they ask Ever, frowning and sighing. "But for now, I think we should see if there's actually poison sludge clogging the canals. This could also be part of the reason why no pokémon head in further - it's around in this direction. Follow me, and uhm, maybe you want this?" They pull out a handkerchief which a friendly Paras has imbued with Aromatherapy before. "If the stench gets too much."

They like sewers and it took them ages to get used to that smell.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 5:35:37 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Excited about being in a sewer.
[break][break]
Couldn't say he shared her sentiment.
[break][break]
He liked being somewhere he could see the sun in the daytime. Or the moon and stars at nighttime.
[break][break]
Down here in the sewer where he couldn't see the sky. Couldn't feel a fresh breeze on his face. He felt confined.
[break][break]
"You must forgive me if I don't share your sentiment. I don't even like staying in my home for too long or I start feeling confined, though I have to admit since moving to Fortree I'm more comfortable being in my home."
[break][break]
The plus side of living in a treehouse.
[break][break]
At the mention of her taking the brute of it if they got wet, he inclined his head.
[break][break]
"You have my gratitude, I've never enjoyed the feeling of wet clothes."
[break][break]
Yeah, he didn't think any of his Pokémon were ones one would choose to declog pipes. Especially if it was due to poison sludge. Trying to get the aid of some of the wild Pokémon was probably their best bet.
[break][break]
At the question, he shook his head. "No, it's unlike Pokémon to just linger in one place. Usually after a while, they move on. But these Pokémon."
[break][break]
Was there something sinister going on here? He couldn't think of any other reason for Pokémon to linger around her. Perhaps if they found the cause, they could make them leave.
[break][break]
Checking the pipes was a good idea, so he simply nodded, taking the handkerchief as he followed behind her.[break]

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 21:07:05 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde shakes their head at Ever's words, "Oh, don't worry! I know I'm the odd one for this, but hey, there's gotta be someone for every job, hm?" they laugh. They don't mind confined spaces at all, whether it be a sewer system or a cramped flat in the heart of a city. However, they could also understand the sentiment, having grown up spending more time outside than inside. "Oh, but Fortree! Yeah, I can see it. Treehouses are pretty rad," they grin.

They agree that it's rather strange, but there'd be no new information if they simply lingered in one space, so off to action they go! "Truly ... I hope it's a problem we can quickly solve." Lutgarde leads the way, and it doesn't take too long for them to come across a gathering of poison pokémon. A quick glance at their map confirms - there is plenty of tunnel system further down. "Hello! We're here to see if we can help you," they greet the pokémon with a smile, but Sylv's charm and greeting cooes are probably more effective to gain the pokémon's trust.

The gathered pokémon don't attack them, but also seem unsure while Lutgarde is scanning the area, and ... "That's a really nasty blockage," they say, pointing towards the smaller tunnel that would lead inward. It seems to be a mix of dirt, and also wilted plants, branches, garbage. "It also ... doesn't look natural, or what do you think, Ever?" They believe to also see traces of poison mixed in with the slickness of it all.

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 5:04:59 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He supposed that was true. Still, he couldn't really see if he understood. Well, he supposed it wasn't all bad. He could be surrounded by people after all.
[break][break]
"I guess so, it's better than being hemmed in by other people, I'll give it that," he said at last. It was clear to him that was the only upside to being in a sewer.
[break][break]
At the mention of treehouses, he nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty great. The fact that it's quiet and the workout to get from the ground to the treehouse is a plus. A good way to stay fit."
[break][break]
He said that, but it wasn't like he needed the excuse of living in a treehouse to stay fit. Even outside his ranger duties, he exercised. He usually spent a little time each day getting in a bit of exercise. He found it was something that kept him occupied.
[break][break]
A quickly solved problem was preferred by him as well. Pokémon and people alike would soon be affected by whatever was going on here if they didn't hurry. From what he heard, Pokémon were already being affected in some way by what was going on here.
[break][break]
Mentally shaking himself, he continued to follow them until they came across a cluster of Pokémon. As they spoke, his attention remained fixed on the Pokémon. "I'm sure you would all feel much better if you weren't all trapped here," he added, his voice surprisingly soothing.
[break][break]
Once it was clear they wouldn't get attacked, he helped Lutgarde investigate. As expected, one of the tunnels leading further into the sewers was blocked. Frowning, he eyed the blockage before turning his attention to his partner.
[break][break]
"No, it almost looks intentional," he agreed.
[break][break]
Was someone blocking off the tunnels? Or was it some kind of Pokémon further into the sewer?
[break][break]
He supposed unless they found a way to remove the blockage, they wouldn't receive any answers.
[break][break]
However, trying to remove it themselves was out of the question. Not with poisonous sludge mixed into everything. He would much prefer not to get poisoned. That really only left one option though.
[break][break]
"Do you think you could help us out? We would be really grateful if you did," he stated, turning his attention back to the cluster of Pokémon.[break]

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
209 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
to carry a sewage [m]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 22:05:07 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde is a naturally sociable creature, so they couldn't quite understand Ever in that regard - but they also weren't the type to judge, and simply grinned in reply, "There is an upside to everything!"

Their personal changes in height were often simply solved by hopping onto Sylph, so ... well, that is certainly true. "Honestly ... I've never thought about it that way, but that's pretty great indeed ... I'm spoiled by my Togekiss and elevators," they laugh, "but! I do work out, so there's that." Personal fitness and honestly? They simply like exercising, and even if they switched their simpler garb for frills and bows, they're still a jock after all!

It doesn't take long for them to meet a cluster of pokémon, who gladly don't take their arrival too badly. Lutgarde leaves Sylv to talk and communicate with the pokémon while moving closer to the apparent blockage - and they frown, a frown that only becomes deeper as Ever agrees with them. "Guess we'll have to see when the blockage is gone ..." There's chances the culprit might already be gone, but if not ... they might need to prepare themselves for a battle.

They have a closer look at the blockage while Ever's asking the pokémon, and he'd also find support in Sylv who picks up on the situation and also asks the pokémon. The cluster is growing visibly uncomfortable about being squished into one tiny place, so they're gladly quite open to helping. Some step forward to the blockage, even if they quickly also stop - seemingly quite appalled by whatever the blockage is composed of.

"It's really something," Lutgarde says, standing up from their crouched position, "But maybe some parts should be able to be dissolved with acid? It's the best idea I've got right now. Sylph can also try and use Air Slash on some, while Sylv's using Light Screen to keep everything from spilling everywhere."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights