mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
be our guest, be our guest [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 9:23:50 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Fenelle's always quick to smell baked goods, and somehow has ended up in this whole bakesale thing. For a moment, dee has been worried it might raise funds for the League ... but it's raising funds for the nearby retirement home to get some improvements, so it's fine. Even if dee has no idea how they think dee would be particularly helpful if not that many people can sign ...

However, der enthusiasm is set ablaze as they almost run out of baked goods. Dee doesn't get it at first, but der full team of six (all out because it's none or one braincell) has barged in as the topic come up and pointed at dem excitedly.

It's only when dee finds demself in a kitchen with someone else that dee realises - it's baking time. YES. Der expression takes on a brighter note as dee turns around to the other, too, nodding their head slightly in greeting. Then, dee points to der ears. I'm deaf, dee tries with sign first, before taking out der phone to type if needed. ... but that's not super feasible when they would bake later ... Dee glances at der helpful troupe. Maybe they could help with communication if needed ...

Haha.

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
Power Is More Than Just Muscles
awards
232 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 2:49:17 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Thea didn't miss a beat when she saw there was going to have a bakery sell to help the elderly. It was two things she loved: Baking and helping people, and if she could do the two of them at the same time, she could say she had struck a beautiful Jackpot.[break][break]

Of course, her Pokémon were there too, ready to help a lot. They were getting themselves ready, wearing the safety gears to make sure no fur would slip into the bakery, while Thea tied her hair into a bun while another volunteer stepped into the kitchen. She greeted dem brightly, with her usual excitement and warmth. Der face wasn't unfamiliar, and Thea couldn't help but think how cute dee was. The Pokémons were darlings too... But, she couldn't help but notice dee didn't even react to her greeting.[break][break]

But soon dee greeted her, briefly. The sign language confused Thea at first, not quite catching what dee was doing, but with the phone typing, Thea rose her eyebrows in realization, nodding and giving dem an apologetic smile, feeling ashamed for not being so confused at first.[break][break]

The following realization was that she didn't know sign language, and she wasn't sure if a phone would be useful while their hands would be covered with flour... Which was when she saw a portable sized whiteboard hanging on the wall of the kitchen. There was written some informations about the shifts, but since there was no shift today, Thea went to it, took a picture of the whiteboard before picking it up and erasing it, taking the marker and bringing it to the counter before placing it down and looking at dem with a grin, writing on it:[break][break]

Sorry, I don't know sign language. But I hope we can talk this way. My name is Thea, it is nice to meet you![break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.gunstest2]--accent:#D4AF37;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gunstest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 22:09:31 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
It seems like the other does, indeed, not know sign language, so alternative methods have to be taken. Fenelle reaches for der phone, starting to type something as dee notices that the blonde girl is also doing ... something?

Der expression lights up with understanding as dee sees the whiteboard and marker, nodding in confirmation as dee puts away der phone. That would be way better than a phone - at least dee isn't too worried about getting the marker and little whiteboard dirty. This can't have cost too much, anyway ...

It's not a problem, that's a good solution. It's nice to meet you, too, I'm Fenelle.

Dee lets Thea read it, before pointing at der name, Fenelle, and showing Thea der sign name as well - an introduction for dem felt incomplete without it. The sign name might or might not be based on Mille-Feuilles, as dee quickly draws some lines with der hand formed to the F-sign in sign language (that Thea would likely not recognise), with der lips being puckered (to emphasise the thinness of the lines).

That's my sign name.

Dee adds the former sentence to the whiteboard, before erasing the introduction fully to write.

You can wave or briefly tap me to get my attention. Did you hear what we should bake? And do you generally know your way around here?

Excitement settles now that the formalities are slowly out of the way, and they would finally get to some baking! If, well, one of them knew what the actual plan is. (Dee really hopes Thea knows what's going on.)

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
232 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 15:28:09 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Thea watched attentively as Fenelle's gestures and then about der name. The mention of a 'sign name' made Thea blink, a bit confused at first. Thankfully, she did pay attention to the sign name, even if she didn't understand it well. There was some intuitive thought about it, but first and foremost, she focused on der question, nodding eagerly before writing the answer:[break][break]

Alright, I will do! As for the baking, they want to sell cookies and cupcakes. I know my way around here, if you have any questions, you can wave or tap me too![break][break]

She beamed to the fellow baker, soon taking the aprons and offering one to Fenelle. After this, she paused for a moment, sheepishly writing on the whiteboard.[break][break]

Let's start with the cookies? The dough needs to cool down, so we can work on the cupcake while we wait. And, by the way, what is a sign name?[break][break]

Thea added the last bit, peeking Fenelle's face a couple times embarrassedly. She hoped she wasn't being insensitive to dem or outright ignorant, unsure if she should be asking that or if that was common knowledge.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

[newclass=.gunstest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".gunstest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 22:07:28 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle nods understandingly as Thea writes that they were looking to sell cookies and cupcakes - dee got these two down, so that should be no problem. And, cupcakes are always fun ... dee should take some pictures later to send to Sailor, too. They'd probably tease dem about being reined in for a good cause, but hey, it's baking, dee couldn't help it ...

Dee gives a thumbs-up at Thea's grin, just remembering to also put these lips into a corners-up-curved smile. Dee then nods in agreement and gives a thumbs-up with Thea's next words, already walking over to take some bowls out of an open cupboard, before pausing at the question asked. Der expression doesn't particularly change, and dee takes the pen again to answer.

That's my name in sign language! =D I've based it on Mille-Feuilles, but my first one was different.

Dee then points at der almost signature twintails, before also adding a question on der own - but baking-related, again. (That boy's having one hyperfixation, and is bad at covering it up.)

What kind of cookies were you thinking? Chocolate is always a safe bet, or simply plain if we also want to decorate them. Or wanna go something more exotic?

i clicked u before i realised what happened so now it's u for this post... lol
close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
232 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 1:38:53 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Thea's initial assumption was right, but that didn't make her regret trying to confirm it. A new thing was learned, and she was more than happy to think about how that sign had any relation with Mille-Feuilles. It tingler her curiosity, but also, she didn't want to derail their work for now, especially when their communication wasn't smooth enough, due to Thea's lack of sign language.[break][break]

Sweet like a Mille-Feuille, I like that. A beautiful sign-name. Thanks for telling me more about it.[break][break]

Her attention then shifted ot der question about the cookies, and after thinking for a bit, Thea decided:[break][break]

I think we could make chocolate ones, decorated ones, and then another type of chocolate one with nuts in it too. For those that aren't allergic![break][break]

Thea then looked at Fen, wondering if dee was up to the task.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 21:46:59 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Momentarily, there's a deep frown on Fenelle's face at being described as sweet, but it's not entirely wrong - and right now, dee is also in a civilian persona, so that expression fades quickly, being replaced by an agreeing smile and thumbs-up, as if meaning, Yep, you got it!

The question of the cookies themselves is quickly asked, too, and swiftly answered as well. Dee nods at Thea's plan, giving her a signed O.K., before simply doing a thumbs-up again.

Looks good! You can leave the chocolate dough to me, I know a really good recipe. It will blow your mind.

Dee grins, seemingly very confident in der abilities. (And with reasons, too.)

The recipe doesn't work too well with nuts, however.

Dee then adds after a moment of consideration, and then further elaborates,

They're the type of cookie that melts in your mouth, so having nuts in them will really be weird.

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
232 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 19:38:58 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

The frown made Thea blink for a second. Did the compliment sound too invasive? She took a mental note of that, looking away briefly in
a sheepish shame. Thea didn't let it take too much space of her mind, however, soon returning her eyes to Fen's words and being surprised by the confidence of her baking partner. A small grin covered her lips, looking at der eyes with a curious gaze, writing a response quickly: I am looking forward it![break][break]

And at the remark of nuts not working too well, Thea nodded before adding to the board.[break][break]

Melting sounds delicious. Let's make one specifically for nuts then, and yours we leave without them. We don't want to ruin the texture, after all. I will be cutting the chocolate chips then, is that alright?[break][break]

After finishing it, Thea looked at Fen, waiting for der reaction before starting to reach for the ingredients, taking the ones dee needed too, just in case, along with a chocolate bar for her to start chopping it, unless Fen had other plans.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 8:02:49 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle almost visibly eases up as Thea agrees to der suggestion regarding the biscuits. Dee's sometimes had to bake with some who would not understand the texture issue, so much that dee had to just leave the room in frustration and be herded back dramatically by more patient and understanding bakers. Now that that issue's with Thea's solved, the baking should go smoothly, since she seems to understand something of the craft.

(Fen really tries [badly] not to be snobby about baking until texture comes into play.)

Honestly, the offer of chopping the chocolate is also earning another bonus point, as dee nods, signing another O.K.

Thanks for that! I'll need half-half of 60-70% and milk chocolate ... but a bit more of the darker one doesn't hurt in my opinion.

Dee then would go and check the fridge for ingredients there, taking out heavy cream, butter and milk, before also seeing that there's some beverages in there. Dee gestures for Ralts to float over and get Thea's attention, before pointing at the drinks with der eyebrows high up, a questioning expression.

The other pokémon seem to naturally distribute themselves across the room, eyeing the unfamiliar pokémon with curious glances, but all seemingly not sure how to really react or interact.

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
232 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 23:28:21 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Whatever was the possible tension toning down could be felt by Thea, and she smiled a bit at it. With the air becoming a bit less calm, and their communication barrier mostly broken, she felt warm at the idea that maybe she could befriend dem by the end of all that baking. She had seen dem before, wandering around Slateport City. Seeing such a cute trainer with cute pokémons always made Thea want to talk to dem, but there was always that feeling that she would look weird by doing that. It was nice she had the chance now![break][break]

I personally like darker chocolate for bakings, so I will try to leave any ratio mistakes toward darker.[break][break]

Thea wrote, smiling and continuing to cut the chocolate. The ratio wasn't too off, with half a dozen dark chocolate cubes more than the milk chocolate. When her attention was caught, she looked at the Ralts and then at Fen for a moment, pondering before fetching the drinks for dem.[break][break]

Then, she looked down at the a couple pieces of the chocolate bar, picking it and offering the leftovers to dem.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 7:50:03 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
They are a rather odd combination of people, as Fenelle still is unaware who the other actually is besides having the name Thea, while Thea's spotted dem sometime before, and remembered most importantly. Dee slips into hyperfixation mode without even realising it, even if the unknown kitchen is putting a damper on things. Still, dee is able to quickly put up the most important ingredients, while also ...

Only as Ralts pokes Thea regarding the drinks in the fridge does dee notice that there's more writing on the whiteboard- oops. Dee reads while der pokémon and Thea are communicating, before wiping the words and replying,

That sounds good to me. The darker chocolate will provide a good, rich flavour.

And also not exactly what dee prefers, but dee acts unbothered by it - after being reminded that hey, those aren't for der consumption anyway.

As Thea brings out drinks and also sneaks in some chocolate snacks, dee gives Thea two thumbs-up, taking both as offered. The chocolate immediately vanishes into der mouth, with the drink following soon after. If one would care, dee would have, casually of course, taking the drink that's sweeter.

(If one judges dem based on food alone, dee would literally be sugar. But that's also going to work on the mind, anyway. Or that's what dee chooses to believe.)

Thanks! I'll get started on the dough then. You can leave the chocolate in a waterbath, and start preparing the other doughs. I put the most common ingredients here, so you shouldn't have to fetch too much.

Flour, milk, some lukewarm water, eggs, sugar, salt, cold butter - dee'd have to warm some up - ...

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
232 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 12:15:20 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Thea tried to take mental notes of Fen's preferences. Dee seemed to enjoy the sweets, which was expected from a baker. But that taste extended elsewhere too, being clear when dee picked up the sweeter drink and simply casted a spell that made the cookie disappear swiftly. Thea was happy that what she was doing was being good enough for Fen, not wishing to interrupt der work. It was clear dee knew what dee was doing, so Thea didn't want to get on der way.[break][break]

A warm and grateful smile was given to Fen, and it didn't need words to be clear Thea appreciated Fen's assistance with the ingredients.[break][break]

Thanks to that, after Thea finished putting the chocolate in waterbath, she only needed to fetch a few specific ingredients before she started working on the more 'basic' cookie dough. She did a careful work on it, and just like in Martial Arts, she was quite methodic and precise about it. Still, the passion was there, so the 'love' ingredient wouldn't be missing.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 19:13:54 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
With the initial irritations being settled quickly, Fenelle transitions fully into der friendly, normal civilian persona as dee also simply eases into the baking process. Dee returns Thea's smile with a thumbs-up, before starting to work on der dough.

It's truly marvelous how much more der arms are trained (even if this much isn't a lot generally) than der legs. One more benefit of baking!

Dee hyperfocuses on der own dough, kneading it carefully and methodically just like Thea - for dem, there's no "love" ingredient, however, simply an incredible amount of attention and detail since dee doesn't really associate with what dee considers both strange and sentimental. It's a craft dee does enjoy, however, and it's visible in the relaxed stance.

After wrapping up der dough in foil, dee looks over at Thea, wondering how she is doing. Dee also just now grabs the whiteboard again, looking a bit sheepish at possibly having missed some messages because not even the autism gang would dare interrupt a baking process unless the world is literally ending (and frankly, they probably just entered the same state of hyperfocus anyway), before writing:

I'm finished, and it'll rest now. How's your progress, need help with anything? Or should I get started on soemthing else?

close tab

played by

Chanlye

Tea
She/Her
Eighteen
April 14th
Slateport City
Bisexual
Student (Private School)
Trainer
Cutesy & Strength
Walk Hand in Hand
5'6" / 170cm height
5'6" / 170cm height
awards
232 posts
Thea Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theanaito
Thea Naito
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 10:29:04 GMT
Thea Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

As she was almost making the dough be a bit more homogeneous, Thea reached for the chestnuts jar, opening it and starting to carefully sprinkle it around the dough before she started folding things over and over again. That type of dough didn't take as long, considering it was more 'basic', and she didn't need to take her time to slice chocolate bars into pieces, as nuts were already plentifully fragmented and ready to be placed into the cookie dough.[break][break]

Halfway through her work, she glanced Fen a few times, curious about how dee was doing. Seeing dee relaxed like that made Thea herself a relaxed too. Everything was rightfully quiet and peaceful, but she still felt der company.[break][break]

It took a second for Thea to notice Fen was calling for her, and when she got to read the message, she smiled with a thumb up, gesturing to her nearly done dough. Her hand then gently reached for the whiteboard, wiping its message and writing:[break][break]

I'm good, work on your next pastry. I'm looking forward it ✿[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
85 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 18:39:09 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
It's always nice to work uninterrupted, so Thea earns points for that as Fenelle finishes up the chocolate cookie dough. It's taking a bit time, but it would be well worth it - even better if it could rest overnight, but they don't have the time for that right now, so they would need to makedo.

At Thea's reply to der writing, dee pauses for a moment, pensively.

Do you want me to start working on the cupcake batter now or do another kind of cookies? I'm not sure how much we need. But two kinds of cookies might work alright so we can shift to cupcakes ... since they need to cool down, too, before we can decorate them.

Otherwise, the cream would just melt instead of holding its various shapes.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights