december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
swamp for some tramps [m]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 10:03:42 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde wanted to take a boat to Dewford on Route 104, but it seems like they stumbled right into the middle of a problem - and it's a poisonous one, too. "Oh well..." they say, looking at the swamp of toxic sludge and Poison-type pokémon that definitely hasn't been here before. They believe to also spot poisoned crystablooms that might have something to do with it, too ... But it's not important to figure out any causes for them.

Their blackred Sylveon is as ever, already out of his ball and by their side, and they whistle to also call for Sylph - maybe her Life Dew move might come in handy to help clean this area. "Noh, Oreo, your turn as well!" they call for Primarina and Rapidash respectively. And, it seems like they also aren't alone in here. They notice a teen approaching, and shout out.

"Oh, careful kiddo! That's some nasty swamp, but we'll get it taken care of in a moment, hopefully."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,747 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 4:42:35 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","nikki100"]
[attr="class","nikki101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","nikki102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","nikki109"]There are times where she needs to remind herself not to get frustrated. At least, not at the fact that nothing has been done to tackle the continuous outbreaks of poison pokemon and illnesses around the region. As long as the root cause and pattern has yet to be determined, there is nothing more that can be done except for people to simply respond to the situation as quickly as possible.[break][break]

But when such problems have been disrupting her life over and over, the limits of her patience really are put to the test.[break][break]

You could simply ignore it.[break][break]

No point taking the boat since she's brought her flying pokemon. Even Reiner has the same thought, raising a brow as he cocks his head away from the sludge. And yet, outright walking away from a problem that sits before her very eyes makes her skin prickle with unease.[break][break]

"Watch your feet." is the only warning given, and the Luxray sighs. A Springtide Storm blooms in full and lashes out at the Nidorino attempting to ram their horn into the stranger's ankles.[break][break]

"Not all of those pokemon like when you help clean this stuff up."
[break]
[attr="class","nikki103"]mission
[attr="class","nikki103"]
[attr="class","nikki103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES
[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.nikki99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 7:46:02 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
It seems like the kid's more than meets the eye. Lutgarde knows when to heed a warning, so they and Sylv take a step back, just in time not to be hit by an attack that they've never seen before. They're looking a bit dumbfounded at the result, but then grin quickly after. "That was one impressive attack," they say, nodding at the younger one.

"Yeah, truly ... but can't leave that either," they say with a helpless laugh, "The poison pokémon seem to be cause for this, I think, and also ... those flowers?" They point at one of those poisonous crystalblooms that seem to always be located in the center. "Sylph, can you use an Air Slash on it? But be careful!" they ask, "Sylv, Quick Attack! Noh, Bubble Beam!" The last attacks would be directed at a Weezing that's been floating towards them - with the Bubble Beam acting a little bit also as stepping stones for Sylv to land safely in un-sludged area after the attack.

"I'm Lutgarde, by the way!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,747 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 3:10:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","nikki101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","nikki109"]Flowers? Craning her neck, she can just about see the offending flora mentioned.[break][break]

Crystablooms, conduits of infinity energy, corrupted by poison? Does the sickness not only affect people and pokemon, but rather, infinity energy itself? The thought scratches at the back of her head, makes her fingers prickle with cold sweat.[break][break]

She wants to know. But poisons are not her specialty.[break][break]

A whistle, sunlight glints amongst shadows as cold steel slices through the poison. And with pinpoint precision, they carve a crystabloom from the ground, tossing it towards Eris with a well-aimed flick. Outstretched hands try their best, but it takes a slap on the back for her to take the step necessary to reach it.[break][break]

As always, Reiner has her back. And after she finishes stumbling to regain her balance, she begins pulling off her jacket and wraps the flower. It's a rather bad choice, considering how much of marred skin and scars she winds up showing, but she really hadn't been expecting to do such things today.[break][break]

The excitement fades as quickly as it begins. A slight step back, and yet another awkward step back as she tries to bury her arms under the folds of her jacket.[break][break]

"I- I'm... Eris."
[break]
[break]
NOTES
[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.nikki100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 17:54:27 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde is focused on clearing up the sludge, but they notice that the other - Eris - seems to be particularly fascinated with the flowers that seem to be part of the reason this poisoning has happened. They watch as one of the flowers is carved out - with its immediate surroundings almost instantly appearing better - and tossed towards Eris, who.

By now, Lutgarde knows when they see something they maybe shouldn't have seen. Their expression becomes a frown of worry, but they try to make it neutral, friendly, easy-going - how did that go again? The sight of so many scars on such a young person leaves their heart heavy. Better focus on the wounds and scars the region has.

"Nice to meet you, Eris!" They smile again, similiar to before, with a slightly softer edge to it. "Do you recognise those flowers? I think I've seen them in a picture before, too ... or flowers that were similiar," they ponder. "If you're chilly, I can borrow you my cloak if you want," they also add, in an attempt to maybe ease the other's tension.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,747 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 8:30:07 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","nikki109"]They saw. Why wouldn't they have? But they smile, neglect to bring up the subject and spares her from a painful drag through memory lane.[break][break]

"O- oh, that's okay! I wouldn't want you to be cold either!" So she does too. Oblivious and ditzy as she soaks in the sun.[break][break]

"These are crystablooms. Or well, poisoned ones."[break][break]

She pauses to look over. From the looks of things, Jack sure does his work cut out for him as he ducks and weaves through a lattice of toxins and attacks. But his dance with the abundance of aggressing pokemon and Lutgarde's question does bring an idea to mind.[break][break]

"Their cores are used in making sygna suits." Reaching for the sash tied around her waist, the waning shades of dark blue quickly become dotted with constellations that often hang in the night sky. "Such as this one."[break][break]

A whistle and the winds roar to life with yet another Springtide Storm but this time, it hits like a truck - Faster and stronger as the petals slam into a menacing Clodsire and send them flying.
[break]
[break]
NOTES
[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 22:05:59 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
It's a relief to see Eris lighten up after all, and Lutgarde's demeanour becomes a bit more relaxed as well - but well, their default mannerisms are fairly easy-going already, so the difference isn't too stark. "Don't worry, I don't get cold that easily," they laugh, "I'm pretty sturdy." As proof, they lift one of their arms and flex a little bit, with muscles becoming visible under the fabric of their frilly longsleeve dress shirt, adorned with a variety of bows - it's quite the contrast, frankly.

Lutgarde nods at the information about crystalblooms and their connection to sygna suits - huh, that's ... huh. They nod, pensively, trying to file away the information such that they might find it later - it's something they couldn't really do on command, but they're hoping for the best here. Maybe they should start writing such things down ... It's a moment of lacking attention that is the cause of them being thrown into yet another springtide storm, but this time, it's bigger.

The ranger is awestruck, looking at the honestly kind of refreshing attack and its aftermath. It's also only now that they fully register that the sparkling constellations are indeed real, weaved from the nighttime sky onto fabric. "Oh! You have a Sygna Suit? That's amazing!" they exclaim, "It's really pretty."

Lutgarde's team has been caught off-guard, but unharmed by the sudden storm, managing to get safely away, too. The area's almost entirely cleansed from the toxic sludge now, and their pokémon start to work on the remaining bits, with Noh using Bubble Beam, Garnet using Splash and Sylph just plainly attacking every strange poison-affected pokémon on sight.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,747 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 6:43:43 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","nikki109"]Hoenn's true lesson to be learnt is that things are never what they seem. And that applies to people too, more often than not. Still, passing up on the offered jacket is probably a good idea, since she isn't sure when she'd ever find the opportunity to return it.[break][break]

"Yeah! Me and Reiner are the bestest buds, and this only makes us work better together!" Gleeful as she may be, Reiner only rolls his eyes as just how goofy she sounds. And he'll return his attention to the remaining pokemon, batting away any that get too close and chasing those that attempt to linger.[break][break]

Sure enough, with less obstacles in the way, the clean-up becomes marginally easier. Whether cut, purified or washed away, the poison stands no chance with their combined efforts. And soon, everything is back to business as usual: The path is cleared, a boat ride awaits any who wish to take it.[break][break]

"Now that that's all sorted..." Reaching over, she can't forget to give Reiner a good old scratch behind the ears for a job well done. Nor can she forget about Jack for the meticulous clean-up. Though... Doublades don't exactly have ears.[break][break]

"Were you heading to Dewford too?"
[break]
[break]
NOTES
[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
cadet
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 16:22:11 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde couldn't help a grin at Eris' words and Reiner's reaction to them, smiling at their friendship. "That's very cool!" they laugh, wondering what kind of abilities this suit might have - but for now, it's not as important as getting the rest of the route cleaned and finished up. Gladly, with the biggest patches gone, the rest of the clean-up is a breeze and their team effort has the route returning to its former state.

"Glad there wasn't anything more sinister lingering," they comment, taking out the receipt from their lunch to scribble some notes on it to report later - maybe they should see about getting a notebook to write things like this down ... (they were such a slow typer, despite being rather well-versed with technology overall). "Actually, I was," they reply to Eris, who seems to share the same destination as them. "Was hoping to catch Navy in a free moment if he's got one, or just enjoy the seaside scenery" they add, as they take one last look at the route.

But, there's nothing left from the poisonous sludge, nor are there any poisoned crystalblooms either, so their job here is done. Sylv immediately walks over, wrapping a ribbon around their wrist, while Sylph seems to retreat to a comfortable distance for her after receiving a berry snack. "Well done, everyone," they smile, giving Noh and Garnet some berries to snack on as well, before recalling them to their pokéballs.

"Seems like the boat's ready for take-off now, too," they say, nodding towards the waiting boat whose captain seems to eye the duo, wondering if they wanted to hop on as well or not.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights