mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
next level [m]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 22:02:41 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Dee looks at der Morgrem (name pending) as it gets ready for the fight. If allowed, dee would have set up a few cameras to be able to re-evaluate some moments later to see what aspects needed to be improved upon, but otherwise, der memory should probably suffice.

Der eyes are pretty impassive as dee watches the dualtype, before turning to their opponent of the day. Thank you for training with us, dee signs or writes into text-to-speech. Here, in Rocket HQ, dee doesn't use the normal model, but rather the custom model dee has created with Sailor to represent "der voice". Be distinct, harder to mimic with software wrapped and bundled in layers of coded walls, so people couldn't pretend to be dem when it mattered.

Morgrem will mostly act on his own, so don't be surprised if I just watch. I'm still developing the vision-sound-based command system.

@open! super training mission + der custom tts might sound like hatsune miku. who knows uwu XD
close tab

played by

nano

lillias daiches
she/her
thirty
march 27
freezington, galar
pansexual
hacker/florist
grunt
i don't wanna go until you see everything you've lost when you backstab me
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eilidh
eilidh leitch
next level [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 0:43:23 GMT
eilidh leitch Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eilidh"]
[attr="class","text"]

eilidh is many things. [break][break]

someone who fights against another person who is disabled isn't one of them. it always leaves a bad taste in her mouth, especially when her opponent is so much younger than her. unfortunately, the law of the jungle (ergo, rocket) doesn't much care for the semantics. she's a victim to the system, see, so surely her moral compass will surely understand. [break][break]

at least, what shambles hold it together will.[break][break]

many people in the hoenn branch are new faces to her, though that's all the more reason to talk to and work with them. the sooner she can get herself some trustworthy allies, the better; nevermind that she'll trust rocket with her heart and soul. [break][break]

she mulls it over, and gives the youngster a bright smile with her wooper kicking up some dirt in preparation. "don't worry about it!" she chimes in response, eyes squinting with their smile. her arms raise and lock fingers behind her head, and she leisurely leans back into her arms. [break][break]

"are you a new recruit?" she asks, making casual strides to the trainer while their pokemon prepare to throw down.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

i hope you don't mind eeeee

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.eilidh]--accent:#76a5af;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eilidh]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
next level [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 8:36:02 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Fenelle might have been too caught up in battle preparations to actually remember doing the whole "I'm deaf" spiel as dee realises now with Eilidh talking to dem rather than writing or signing. Dee looks, for a moment, actually dumbfounded, the sign language feedbacking an innate feature of dem unless surpresses - if dee doesn't understand, it'll show.

Then, dee squints, trying to figure out "lipreading", but it's really hard when you're really not quite sure how people could even communicate when they're just moving like that. (Dee knows there's vocal chords and all, but approach that with a mentality of 'sounds fake but okay'.) It doesn't really yield results, so dee would need to ask the other later to repeat what they've said in picture.

Dee waves, then points at der ears, shaking der head and signing, I'm deaf, could you repeat that please? Dee also quickly punches the same into der phone, letting text-to-speech work the same, even if dee can only trust in the system that the words are actually conveyed.

Morgrem in the meanwhile flexes his hair like stretching his muscles, eyeing the Wooper. There's been little room for vanity with Fen's training, but even so there's part of Morgrem that is a bit concerned at the prospect of dirty hair - for entirely practical purposes, of course.

close tab

played by

nano

lillias daiches
she/her
thirty
march 27
freezington, galar
pansexual
hacker/florist
grunt
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eilidh
eilidh leitch
next level [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 18:48:10 GMT
eilidh leitch Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eilidh"]
[attr="class","text"]

oh, they weren't just mute. they were deaf. [break][break]

that makes a lot more sense, and makes her a little more reluctant to fight - especially when it looks like their pokemon was just revving up and getting ready to fight on their own. she has to wonder: will they be okay? when she takes a look at her wooper, who looks more happy being able to lay on solid ground, however, she.. has nothing to worry about. oh, no, they'll both be fine. [break][break]

but now eilidh has another problem on her hands (literally). someone who was deaf.. she could just use sign language, couldn't she? it's times like these where she's glad that she spent so much time chronically online; it gave her time to pick up another skill, whether it be via online or during her time trying to ascertain a new kind of identity.[break][break]

so, hands raised, she begins to gesture her message, at the same time repeating what she said, verbally. hopefully it would be easier to comprehend with lip reading and gestures. "don't worry about it." she starts, wearing her gleeful smile. "are you a new.." she pauses, mulling over the gesture, then raising both hands up. one to hold one finger up, and the other to quickly hook two fingers in from the side. that should be it, right? "recruit?" [break][break]

she tilts her head for the question mark, unsure how to communicate a question or tone otherwise. it's been a while. [break][break]

this time, however, she tacks on an apologetic smile along with the signing. "i'm a little rusty, i'm sorry."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.eilidh]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".eilidh .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
next level [m]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 22:37:22 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle is in the middle of handing over der Rocket-screen-device (larger screen than der personal phone, something dee would hand over to a Rocket. Since it's including the custom TTS mod, not to any non-Rocket), as ... oooh. Fenelle feels a bit more comfortable now with sign language being an option, not minding that the other isn't fluent. Dee also reminds demself that dee would need to calm it down a bit and not sign too fast.

Dee does smile very faintly and nod at the question, marked by the tilted head at the end. Before replying to the question proper, dee points at der face, and especially der eyebrows, raising them high while making a questioning face, meaning that these are usually the question markers - for starters, just raising the eyebrows comically high should work well enough. I'm relatively new, yes ... only started working properly december, last year. I'm a cracker, mostly.

Don't worry about it! I'm happy you know sign language. Then, dee adds, My sign name for M-I-L-L-E is, then quickly moves der flat right hand to der right while wiggling der fingers as if typing, repeating it two times and not moving der mouth. F-E-N-E-L-L-E is, now they pucker their lips, and draw several "thin" lines with der hands shaped like the f-sign. You can use either.

Morgrem watches the conversation unfold, deciding to focus on it for a brief moment as they start signing. It's something he's still learning, too, and, given his humanoid anatomy, might actually be able to do one day ... a little bit, at least. (One eye remains on the Wooper, though, should they try anything in the meanwhile. One could never know ...)

close tab

played by

nano

lillias daiches
she/her
thirty
march 27
freezington, galar
pansexual
hacker/florist
grunt
awards
17 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eilidh
eilidh leitch
next level [m]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2024 1:48:34 GMT
eilidh leitch Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eilidh"]
[attr="class","text"]

thank god. [break][break]

her sign language wasn't too rusty; it was still pretty rough around the edges, but still good enough for her to understand. the child seems to understand, as well, which is good. they sign to her some more, although it takes her a little bit to properly form the words in her head before she can understand. they're even kind enough to show her how to ask a question, bless their soul. [break][break]

she raises a hand to place against her chin, then pulls it away with a thank you. however more as a way to help her remember, she carefully tries to replicate the MILLE signed out to her. there's a pause as though she's unsure as to whether or not she got it right, but the lack of response tells her that she's probably right. good, she can commit this to memory. [break][break]

"mille, then." she says it vocally for herself, despite knowing the youngster can't exactly hear her. that's fine, they don't need to hear. [break][break]

'i'm pretty new here, too' she smiles, giving a wink followed by 'and battling isn't really my strong suit, oops.' she lightly taps the top of her head with one hand, less in a sign language gesture and more in a childish, playful one. maybe it was obvious based on how the wooper was just.. happy waddling around, eventually.. dropping onto the ground, and rolling on its side. it has the little sticks poking out of the sides of its face as a way to dig into the dirt, going.. 'woooooooo' like an accelerating wheel. [break][break]

it takes everything in her not to look over and laugh. [break][break]

'sorry for my wooper' she tries to sign, disregarding the shaky hands as she stifles her laughter.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
next level [m]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 7:52:54 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
It's relatively rare for Fenelle to feel comfortable. Dee usually is more comfortable within Rocket Headquarters and Sootopolis than anywhere else (except the patch of lands where der beloved parents (/s) wander), but even then ... how do you feel at ease around terrorists? Dee isn't sure, but there's something dee finds nice in Eilidh's company, and dee finds demself smiling a little bit even as Eilidh thanks dem for the explanation.

(Maybe it's the Big Sister vibes. Though nothing would beat Sailor as the best sibling ever.)

Dee can't hear what she says next, but thinks reading "Mille" on her lips - or well, that's what dee chooses to believe. (Lipreading is knowing context and a good portion of just guessing, things dee is only good at in theory.)

Oh! It seems like Eilidh actually is also new here. Dee chuckles lightly at her playful display, before signing, more seriously, So you're not a frontline fighter, I assume? What do you do else then? If I may ask. I'm a cracker myself, and occasionally well. A professional gambler, I like to call it. Figuring out the wrinkles in missions and the stochastics of certain risks and plans ... risk assessment could also be a wording for it. (But dee doesn't get to do that often - being new and not trustworthy enough, and all.)

The battling statement is only further enhanced by the Paldean Wooper being extremely silly (and really adorable, even if Fenelle doesn't think so). Fenelle remains a bit dumbfounded by its behaviour, but seeing Eilidh doing her best to stifle her laughter does make der lips curve upwards slightly. It certainly is ... an interesting one, dee signs back, Do you want to take it into Rocket battles with you?

Dee sees a glint in Morgrem's confused face, one that dee would normally welcome. However, dee doesn't want to be rude - societal rules are so confusing - at the moment, so dee stomps to get der pokémon's attention. His head snaps to dem, watching dem intently as dee slowly signs, Don't attack yet. The Morgrem grimaces, but resigns himself to being ready - he hasn't followed the conversation between them, and even then, seems to be adamant that this silly guy is actually a predator biding his time.

(Or it's his paranoia speaking.)

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights