awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
[S][C/Lars] The Signer and the Composed
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 2:40:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“So we going down a trip on memory lane, then?” he cackled quietly as he got on his Silvally’s back; while there were some protestations, at least the Pokémon was much more willing to have him riding on their back now all things considered.

“I think I recall hearing about that racer… so you were the one who sent them on their way?” he would remark once they were on the road.

(And yes, it took a different kind of level to actually ride the Pokémon that the younger man owned. He just had his own preferred ways of getting around, thank you very much!)

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,928 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 23:55:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"You could say that," the Knight of Thunder confirmed, tilting his head toward Lars. "I can't wait for the day a challenger brings a rare or even legendary Pokémon to the Gym so I can actually do what I've wanted to do for years: race Swift." A thunderous purr shook him, making his hair stand on end. Just the thought of it gave him goose bumps... in a good way.

"I was," Josh answered, though he had kept their real name to secrecy. "It was the first time I had used my calling in speed for anything outside sports. And it was what got me in the door as a Ranger, too. Fortree really liked it on my resume."

With a flick of the Raikou's tufts of thundercloud, the duo were off down the winding canyon trail. Respecting Lars' limits, Josh let him and his Silvally dictate the pace for the time being.

{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Swift         Raikou         Good
Raikou        Raging Bolt    Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
6’2 hair down, 6’4 hair up height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 17:22:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“What, are you saying my challenge with Amir doesn’t count?” he blinked; pretending to be shocked and dismayed at the other’s quip about racing on the back of a legendary Pokémon.

“I mean, we did the race on what’s technically supposed to be classified as… legendaries? Glastrier and Silvally, if that even made any sense.”

Thankfully, Amir was in no mood to buck his ass off and run wild, so they kept a sedate, comfortable pace as they set off.

“You wound me, kid,” he would add—but of course at this point he’s already teasing.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,928 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 18:31:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"That's not what I'm saying at all," Josh corrected as he squeezed Swift's sides slightly to maintain pace with Amir. "Racing on the back of a legendary Pokémon is a thrill. As harrowing as Operation Meteno was, soaring on your Articuno is something I won't ever forget. But as you know, even among the legendary Pokémon, Swift is... very special to me." Little was he aware that the events within Megalopolan prison would substantially delay the opportunity to live such a dream. "Not that I haven't forgotten about our race."

It wasn't until Lars' last line that Josh realized the Avatar was teasing him. "It's okay. This is our chance to relax and let loose. A chance for us to forget about Hoenn and just... be ourselves." And a chance to get himself used to the Beast's speed, would Lars and Amir dare to do so.

{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 19:55:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“That was a dire circumstance, and you know it,” he continued as he quietly urged his Silvally to pick up the pace just a little—the telltale beginnings of a Tailwind blowing behind him.

“If you went up there riding your Dragonair, you’d have been fucking spent by the time we got to the meteor. So consider that… a lucky ride.”

Maybe it was going to be the last ride—who knew what would happen several months down the road? It felt like his powers were waning with each passing day, but he dared not voice out his sentiments.

“Yeah… you never know what fucking curve ball this place is going to throw at us down the road.”

There was this absolutely devilish smirk that flashed on his face for a few moments before the Tailwind picked up in intensity—and the Silvally suddenly shot forward, buoyed by the wind blowing behind their back.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,928 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 3:43:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It was," Josh agreed. "Hard to get more dire than a meteor threatening to obliterate the entire region." It was an event Josh wished he could forget about, and presumably Lars, too. Josh because of the near-death experience for not just himself, but several of his Pokémon, and Lars for starting the feud between Patron and Avatar that would ultimately lead to Articuno looking elsewhere for assistance in combatting Rocket. "And one I will remember forever."

Being blessed by Kyle's Patron, Swift the Raikou falling into his hands was certainly a curve ball that came out of nowhere. "Been on the receiving end of that. I certainly wasn't expecting Kyle to put me on a trial by fire through Ho-oh during the title match. His loss, I imagine, is a big reason why Rocket's making their move now."

The smirk that formed on Lars' face was contagious, Josh leaning forward as Amir zoomed ahead of him. "Faster, Swift! Faster!" he whooped, the Beast happy to oblige. He broke into a canter that was far faster than the full gallop of many Pokémon known for their speed, bouncing Josh up and down on his flexing back. He didn't dare order Swift to use a move. Even a mild speed boost from the electric tackling attack known as Spark would be too much for his body to handle without extensive training. Training he would need to undergo if he wanted to truly represent the titles of Champion and Knight of Thunder.

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 2:47:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Is he at the Border, or something?” he would ask, once the other had matched his Silvally’s pace; the Tailwind still blowing behind the Chimera Pokémon’s back.

“Knowing Kyle, and how… well, how ‘Kyle’ he is, he might be there chilling somewhere, drinking beers and watching the region catch fire. I know, uncharacteristic of him, but it’s very possible. It’s… a very, well, Kyle thing for him to do—at least, at first.”

Those stories of death and reincarnation? Certainly weren’t ‘baloney’ by any means. Look at the three legendary canines from Johto, for example.

Died in a fire, brought back to life by Ho-oh.

“You think he’s waiting to make a bombastic, dynamic entrance to save us all? I don’t believe he’s really dead.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,928 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 5:01:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

The thought had, strangely enough, never crossed Josh's mind. If he could find Kyle at The Border, then that would confirm his death. For The Border was where restless souls wandered when they could not pass on, most commonly due to having their lives taken from them before they had completed what Fate resolved them to do.

"Might be worth taking a trip there," Josh nodded, slowing Swift down as his body started to reach its limits. Had it really been so long since being astride the Beast in Kyle's hands that his body's speed tolerance had regressed on him? To be fair, just like when he was in fervent pursuit of the Beast, there was nothing that could prepare him for the exertion. Swift's land speed truly was in a league of its own.

"That's exactly it," the Gym Leader replied. "With the number of apocalypses he's survived... he wouldn't just die from a volcanic eruption." Let alone or ... whoever Kyle's murderer was. "I never thought I would have business there again. Not after helping Shawn's soul pass on. I... I still think about him. But he's no longer at The Border. He's in the land of paradise. The racetrack in the sky. And when my time comes, I look forward to being with him. Funny you bring this up, though. Do you have business at The Border?"

{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2024 19:05:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I just find it weird that Kyle is ‘dead’, but doesn’t want the state funeral, and has anyone ever like, thought of even checking at the Border if he’s there or not? Shit’s not adding up.”

He would gesture Amir to slow down as his companion had decreased speed—and the Silvally would match the shade-colored Raikou so that they could mull over this further.

“…I thought I was done when I saw my sorellina and my mother off there, but. I guess I’m not actually done yet, he would continue as he bit his lip.

Hadn’t the other ever wondered why he was so fucking salty and avoided any kind of romantic attachments at all despite his looks?

“…someone else I’m searching for might be there… it’s been… what, four years since I last heard from them. People have been telling me that the person’s good as dead, however… checking the Border would be absolute, final proof that… either they’ve left the region altogether and stopped communicating with everyone they know here, or… or he’s there.”

Him.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,928 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2024 22:58:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Right, weren't Kyle and Noah best buds? Yet not a word about the late Top Champion's last rites. Lars did have a point. "Same. Once I saw Shawn off, I didn't think I was coming back, either. Given he's how I can command Swift, I only owe him to see this through. Let's schedule a trip out to The Border together. We'll get to the bottom of each of our mysteries. And if we don't find Kyle there... we'll have to redouble our search efforts in Hoenn. We have to find him. Hoenn needs him to be able to win this war."

Little did they know that this trip to The Border would be delayed for months on end, for Josh wouldn't be feeling well enough to sit in Swift's thundercloud saddle for an extended period of time. And he wasn't going to be able to ride for a while with the terrible injuries he was to suffer in Ultra Space.

{PC: 12}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 15:56:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Calling it—if he’s not there, then he’s definitely somewhere out here in this region, hiding in a secret base somewhere and drinking beer and watching everyone lose their proverbial shit before coming in very late—as all heroes do,” he would joke.

Of course, he did not have an idea that this trip they were planning was going to be very delayed, because of so many things happening—culminating with him losing his connection with the Iceborne Mirage once and for all…

“Yeah… let’s… go there. Check the Border, once and for all. If he’s there, then we’re screwed. But if he’s not there, well. Maybe he’s got something planned. Who knows?”

Oh, how broken would he be the next time they met? Let’s wait and see.

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 3:34:26 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven