pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,038 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
how many secrets can you keep?
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 6:12:01 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest does not give the chance to sit in his icy office like a fort when they arrive back from the caverns. No paperwork, no pussy-footing with , no ordering an Underboss' lessers around and around in a dizzying circle. Tempest grip is tight on the other's hand and his brows pinched. It scares a few of the unlucky few who might spy his fierce expression.[break][break]

Those who confuse the worry pleated into him for fury.[break][break]

Cillian is half pushed inside their home, then rounded on to be bullied against the door as soon as it clicks closed. Tempest wastes no time in attempting to practically rip his husband's shirt off.[break][break]

Shaking fingers caress over the freckles of arms, the pattern of skin, and flipped over palms to inspect veins. Pressing, poking, massaging- only to eventually pull back and take a deep, staccato breath.[break][break]

"Did it hurt?" His voice is thick.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 19:28:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Temp's grip is possessive, tight enough to hurt. Cillian might've found it arousing, especially in the aftermath of battle, if not for the evident worry that radiates from his husband. Neither of them can express themselves freely in the presence of other Rockets, and so it stands that he's crowded up against the door and stripped the second they get in the house.[break][break]

A dirty joke is tucked behind his tongue, swallowed. It wasn't the time.[break][break]

His brow furrows at the question. He feels Temp's trembling caress and frowns. There's blood on his hands, streaked on his arms, but it's not his own. Did Temp think he was wounded?[break][break]

"What're you on about?" He shakes his head. "You've been acting weird since we got off the job, what's wrong?"[break][break]

Temp would find familiar blue veins beneath his husband's pale skin, no trace of the violet corruption that had overtaken him during the fight. Evidently, when it had, Cillian hadn't noticed — or didn't care.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,038 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 21:32:09 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Had he not seen? Did not know?[break][break]

"Your veins- they turned purple. I could see them through the skin."[break][break]

Drying blood is carefully wiped from Cillian's skin by a rough thumb. It doesn't do much, just smearing some of the gore Tempest had collected in his battles on the warm skin. Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Tempest lets it out slow before stepping back. So Cillian can move past him, to not corner him as thoroughly as he had.[break][break]

The worry still sits in Tempest's features, tense.[break][break]

"I want you to go back to the doctor." It sounds firm, but Cillian would be able to catch the soft pleading hidden in his words.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 21:46:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Oh, that."[break][break]

He'd forgotten that this was the first time was seeing it. It had alarmed Cillian, too, the first time — until it had passed with no pain or odd sensations to accompany the change.[break][break]

He moves past Temp when his husband steps back, heading for the kitchen. A bottle of vitamin water is retrieved from the fridge and unceremoniously chugged; he'd worked up a hell of a sweat during the mission, and he needed to replenish.[break][break]

He sighs at Temp's plea. He'd been more than happy to get checked the first time, but that hadn't been all that long ago.[break][break]

"I'm pretty sure it's just an excess of toxin build-up in my system. I've been Lugia's avatar for years; honestly surprised it's not happened sooner." He tosses the empty water bottle in recycling. "Happens more now that I'm doing tests with the poison. Trying to build up an immunity to it, so that my own Pokémon can't hurt me."[break][break]

Temp might remember how he'd limped a little after coming back from a mission with , after stepping on his Roserade's DARK SPIKES.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,038 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 1:14:34 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

moves and Tempest follows after like a puppy. He lingers in the doorway as the other speaks.[break][break]

The sigh prickles him; his husband's whole attitude dismissive. Hadn't they talked about this? About what could be happening to him?[break][break]

But Cillian continues.[break][break]

Record scratch.[break][break]

Tempest sucks in a breath through his teeth. Shakes his head. He couldn't have heard that right.[break][break]

"You've been poisoning yourself?"[break][break]

Oh, and that sounds warning. There is still worry there but it is hard to pick out when buried under the heat. A low simmer. Tempest grips the wood molding of the door tight, knuckles slowly whitening as nails dig angry crescents into the paint.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 12:29:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

They had talked about it; that was exactly the problem. They'd talked, and Cillian had consented to a bunch of tests he'd felt were unnecessary solely to soothe his husband's anxieties. So why were they having this conversation again?[break][break]

And had certainly heard him right.[break][break]

The heat in his husband's voice sends a chill down his spine, but Cillian does not cow from him. Instead, he turns toward Temp with an unyielding expression. Not cold, but not sympathetic either.[break][break]

"Yes, were you not listening to me?" There's a slight bite to his tone. Exhaustion has rankled him, grated on his empathy. "I stepped on my Roserade's spike and nearly compromised a mission. I won't let myself be a liability to Rocket. If could build up an immunity, why can't I? I've already got the toxin in my system. The tests have shown as much. I'm just accelerating the process."[break][break]

He hadn't mentioned it to Temp because he hadn't seen it as a big deal. He'd made sure there were others to supervise the attempts and everything!

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,038 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 16:59:17 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest tears his hand from the doorway, bringing paint with him. He grips tight fists at his side; yet does not raise them. They only shake in fury where he holds them. [break][break]

"You've been poisoning yourself?" While phrased as a question, it is more a self confirmation. Tempest sucks in another deep and shaking breath. [break][break]

"Were you planning on telling me or were you going to let me find out at your funeral?" He can't help but bare his teeth right back at the other. Two monsters snarling as if to force the other to show tender belly. Temp's voice is not loud but it rises in pitch a bit, in some type of angry hysteria bleeding into his tone.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 17:12:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

His heart thunders like a warning siren as Temp's rage becomes more apparent. A small, scared part of Cillian wants to cower, to apologize, to placate the aggression, but that very toxin that burns through his bloodstream sees him give way to the stronger instinct: fury.[break][break]

Temp bares his teeth, and Cillian scowls right back.[break][break]

A few of the dogs growl and whine as the tension between their masters increases. Cillian's SHADOW LYCANROC lets out a rippling snarl.[break][break]

"I'm not trying to kill myself," Cillian spits with a sharp shake of his head. Where Temp's pitch shifts up, Cillian's gets low, quiet. But it's not in fear. There's a threatening thrum to its cadence. "I'm relying on experts. I'm not as much of a fucking idiot as you seem to think."[break][break]

The stance Cillian takes is a defensive one, taking a step back from the kitchen's entry, muscles tense and SHADOW MIASMA swirling around him. His veins pulse with its power, blue deepening to the very violet Temp feared. He's been conditioned that violence will follow angry voices, but this time, he'd fight back.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,038 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 18:01:29 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I don't think you're an idiot!" Tempest is quick to defend himself, pricking. He, too, takes a step back and out of the doorway. Fists trembling, he closes his eyes and breathes in again deep and clear. Or tries to, at least. His breaths are choppy and quick as he tries to calm himself down. [break][break]

"I'm upset that you don't seem to give a shit about yourself!" Quick to correct, quick to answer. His voice cracks on the last word, then the flood comes out. And with the flood comes the tears. First a fine mist before falling in thick drips from the corners of his eyes. [break][break]

"You've made me give a shit about my self and force away my suicide streak. But what about you? You don't care about your health or what you do to your body! What if something had fucked up, Cil? What if you got hurt or had a bad reaction or died? [break][break]

"How do you think I would feel if I lost you?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 18:11:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tears temper the heat that builds beneath Cillian's skin, though under the toxin's influence it's only enough to discourage him from being the first to lash out. His mother had cried while she hurt him, sometimes, but this felt different.[break][break]

Like a raging bull, he forces a breath through his nose.[break][break]

"Temp." Firm. Cold. "I give more of a shit about myself than almost anything else. If I didn't give a shit about myself, I wouldn't have lasted a second in Kanto Rocket."[break][break]

He tries not to bring Kanto into their arguments. It's an unfair trump card to bring up his trauma. But in this case, he feels it's necessary.[break][break]

"If I didn't give a shit about myself, I wouldn't have killed my own brother."[break][break]

Another low-hanging fruit.[break][break]

"I've got more chance of dying out in the field than I do in Rocket's labs under the supervision of experts. You never seem to kick up a fuss when we're out on the job. What makes this so different?" Sharp teeth catch the light. "Is it because it's connected to my Avatar powers? The thing that you've decided is killing me, with no evidence?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,038 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 4:33:15 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You know that isn't the same, Cil! You did that to survive! That isn't the same as taking care of yourself." Is spat back, daggers flying from his tongue. This time, wouldn't get to use that against him. He couldn't trauma his way out of this fight.[break][break]

It felt like it had been brewing for weeks anyway. Between Tempest's growing hate and distrust of Legendaries and Cillian's Avatarship with Lugia. This coming to a head was inevitable.[break][break]

"And if it is? I'm the only fucking person who cares enough about you to even check! People are so fucking enamored by how they can use people like you, Cil. Or they love the Legendary pokemon sooooo much they can overlook their Avatars dying! No one feels bad for the bomb going off, Cil! They only care about how much damage it can do!"[break][break]

Throwing his hands into the air, Tempest stepped back and made his way for the living room. Specifically towards the key rack, where he was already busy grabbing for his wallet and his set of keys.[break][break]

"All I want is for you to live a long, happy, healthy life where I have any sort of say in it and not be left a fucking widow! But piss on me for caring too much, I guess!"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 22:10:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"This is for survival!"[break][break]

Even when his pitch shifts, even when there's the clear force of fury behind those words, Cillian never once raises his voice. It reminds him too much of his father.[break][break]

"How do you think it's gonna look if I compromise another mission with my own fucking Pokémon?" He doesn't often curse. "They're a hazard to my health as is. I'm trying to rectify that. You're not listening to me."[break][break]

His breath hitches. His lip trembles.[break][break]

He does not cry. Will not.[break][break]

"Lugia isn't the one hurting me right now! You are." It was a low blow, yet the truth of how he felt. His chest was tight, his stomach sick. "No matter how many times I've tried to tell you that I'm fine, I took all those tests even though you know I hate getting poked and prodded like a bloody science experiment after what Rocket's done, and I still did it. I did it for you, and it wasn't enough. Fuck! Why is it never enough?"[break][break]

Why am I never enough? That old, nagging voice in the back of his head, long quiet in a stable relationship, returns. He'd not been what Emma wanted, nor Theo. He'd thought Temp could accept him for who - for what he was.[break][break]

So when Temp goes for his keys, fear lances through his heart. As it always had been, it's the fastest counter to his fury.[break][break]

"Where are you going?"[break][break]

His voice is smaller, now. Uncertain.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
3,038 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 0:07:25 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You're not listening to me!" The hot tears stain Tempest's cheeks, the salt making them chapped and raw. He felt light headed and angry, thrumming energy under his fingers tips. He grips on his keys tightened as he shoved them in his pocket with his wallet.[break][break]

"When all this is over, do you think I would be happy without you? When I'm sitting in Rocket meetings and doing my duty, without my husband? I would never be happy if you weren't there."[break][break]

It's a deep seated fear, one that Tempest can't imagine. A world where he loses Cillian and is expected to go on. Clawing his way to a position of power would never satisfy him like it would Cillian. The only thing he would ever want is the man he loved.[break][break]

Tempest closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Cillian would be able to see and hear him blow it out slow through his nose. A few seconds of thick silence between them. When he speaks again, it is with a firm and carefully worded reply.[break][break]

"I'm going to get that green verde fish soup I like. I'll bring that chorizo toastada back when I come home. I love you but we both need to calm down before we say some out of pocket shit to one another. I will be back." The last line is spoken like a promise. Tempest gives Cillian the most resolved look he can when red faced from crying and anger.[break][break]

Then he sweeps out the door.[break][break]

It doesn't even slam it behind him.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,456 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 4:44:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's eyes dart to the keys in Temp's hand. His husband has never attacked him, yet the presence of a potential weapon in an argument does not go unnoticed. His muscles remain tense even after the keys are pocketed. His husband has never attacked him, but there is always a first time.[break][break]

"Stop talking about me like my death is inevitable!" Cillian's closed fist thumps against his thigh. It hurts, but not enough. He craves a greater pain to relieve this stress. "I don't want to die."[break][break]

He hadn't wanted to fight, either, yet here they were.[break][break]

Temp expresses his intention to leave, but the firm reassurance that he'll come back does not go unappreciated. It helps to loosen the knot of anxiety in Cillian's gut, that dread of being left alone again. Of not being good enough. He doesn't want Temp to go, but he knows they'll only fight more if he stays. They didn't fight often, but they'd squabbled enough to understand that need for space.[break][break]

"Fine," he mutters, swallowing the urge to tell his husband, you've said enough out of pocket shit already. "Just - don't stay out too long."[break][break]

It's not in a bid to be controlling, but for his own sanity.[break][break]

Stilted but not cold, he adds, "I love you."[break][break]

Only once his husband has left the house does Cillian allow himself to shed a tear.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,863 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 2:27:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven