black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
so sweet with a mean streak. cigarette daydream.
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
glory
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 16:56:39 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","damien-wrap"]
[attr="class","damien-main"]
[attr="class","damien-words"]

had received directives from ROCKET to rendezvous with another agent in one of the abandoned warehouses outside of Slateport City. He'd been given little information outside of that. Just something about a two man, long-haul smuggling job to Lilycove City.[break][break]

He'd been camped out there for awhile, waiting. In the meantime Damien had checked the vicinity for anything suspicious: wire taps, hidden cameras, the usual. You could never be too careful when it came to shit like this.[break][break]

Around 2:00 AM a nondescript moving truck pulled into the nearest open port and rolled to a stop in front of him. Knowing the drill, Damien wasted no time in shouldering his backpack and jogging to the passenger-side door.[break][break]

It was dark, and the door was fairly high off the ground, so he didn't notice who his partner was until he'd hopped into the seat next to him.

[attr="class","damien-notes"]

[newclass=.damien-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.damien-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and you will become rich.
awards
282 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
glory
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 13:15:52 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Frank's bosses had given him the same directive: drive a moving truck to X location, pick up the goods, then drive to Y location to rendezvous with his partner. From there, make the long haul to Lilycove to deliver the shipment. [break][break]

So when he pulled into the nearest open port of an abandoned warehouse, his stomach dropped into a black pit at the sight of the man waiting to meet him. Oh, fuck, he thought at the familiar splash of white-on-black hair. [break][break]

The passenger-side door opened. Frank swallowed hard. His gut was a squirming pile of Wurmple, and he could feel the damp sweat in his armpits. [break][break]

When he and locked eyes, Frank offered a nervous smile. "Hey. Fancy seeing you here, Damien. Nice night for a drive, huh?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".frank2"]--accent:#C8D2DA;font:13px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 a"]font:13px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
glory
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 13:32:14 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

recognized the man’s voice before anything else. It was a sound that sent shooting pains through his chest, made his mind suddenly fraught with innumerable thoughts and conflicting feelings.[break][break]

Shock, confusion, anger. His eyes smoldered briefly with a fury that should recognize as unimaginable hurt and betrayal.[break][break]

This tidal wave of cascading emotions happened within a second or two. Enough time for recognition and acceptance of the situation. [break][break]

Soon, anger gave way to... nothing. The light left ’s eyes. His face turned away to stare out the windshield.[break][break]

Just drive, Frank.

[newclass=.damien-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.damien-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.damien-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
282 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
glory
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 14:06:18 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Frank's heart sank into his stomach at the expression on Damien's face. Despite hoping for a different reaction, Frank knew in his bones that Damien was not going to approve. That was simply how their relationship went: Frank did something and Damien didn't approve. [break][break]

Exhaustion and acceptance replaced the fury in Damien's eyes. A part of Frank wished it hadn't; he could deal with the anger, but not the disappointment. And so he peeled the van out of the port in silence, wanting to distract himself from the pain of the coming conversation. [break][break]

Eventually, however, the heaviness between them became too much to bear. [break][break]

"I was going to tell you," Frank said, trying to construct an explanation of partial truths. "I've just been so busy lately with my new responsibilities. Like at the museum." [break][break]

Damien knew about that one. They'd celebrated with some drinks when Frank had gotten the job.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".frank2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank2 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
glory
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 18:33:38 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

The museum.[break][break]

Of course that had probably been a lie, too. It had to be a front for some ROCKET bullshit. It was so obvious now. Why else would Frank bother with such a low level job like that? No wonder he’d seemed so disproportionately enthusiastic at the time.[break][break]

What a fool Damien had been, smiling and celebrating with his friend, when in reality Frank was doing illegal shit behind his back. He’d promised… and yet.[break][break]

All seemed to do lately was lie.[break][break]

I don’t want to fucking talk about this right now.” Damien hissed lowly, his focus still on the passing buildings outside the window.[break][break]

He couldn’t even look at Frank. Doing so would probably just set him off.[break][break]

In the back of the truck, the sound of something slamming against metal punctuated the silence between the two men.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
glory
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 5:37:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","swarmtop"]
[attr="class","swarmtop-squiggle"]
[attr="class","swarmtop-squiggleoutline"]
[attr="class","swarmtop-content"]
[attr="class","swarmtop-text"]

skeledirge

your cargo is a skeledirge!

[attr="class","swarmtop-pkmnhldr"]

[attr="class","swarmmid"]

[attr="class","swarmmid-border"]

[attr="class","swarmmid-desc"]

A POWERFUL SKELEDIRGE, muzzled and chained, arrives as your cargo. Unable to express its powerful voice, the crocodile is forced to submit to its captors.

[break][break]
[attr="class","swarmmid-gardenstats"]
male or female - blaze
[break]torch song / flamethrower / hyper voice[break]will-o-wisp / alluring voice / encore

[attr="class","swarmmid-instructions"]

INSTRUCTIONS

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

• turn it in instead of keeping it (having one of your characters take it) and earn an extra 30 poke (rocket only).

[break][break]

[attr="class","swarmbot"]
[attr="class","swarmbot-squiggleoutline"]
[attr="class","swarmbot-squiggle"]
[attr="class","icon-berry"]

[newclass=".swarmtop-squiggle, .swarmbot-squiggle"]background: linear-gradient(to bottom right, #7dabe3, #85ccca);[/newclass][newclass=".swarmmid-desc b, .swarmmid-instructions b, .swarmmid-instructions h1"]background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#7dabe3, #85ccca); -webkit-background-clip: text; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
282 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
glory
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 20:34:06 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Shit. This was going even worse than Frank had ever imagined. He could tell from the simmering anger in Damien's voice that he was probably close to exploding but was trying to hold in his emotions. He'd always been that way, Frank knew. [break][break]

"Well, it's a long drive," the older man said. "What do you want to talk about instead? I don't think you want to hear about my work since it's a lot of boring number-crunching, and you know how much of a nerd I can be about it." [break][break]

The slamming sound happened again, prompting Frank to throw an apologetic look in Damien's direction. [break][break]

"Sorry, we're delivering a Skeledirge tonight. She's muzzled and tranquilized so she can't set the truck on fire or kill us with her song, but her species is still pretty strong without all that." [break][break]

Thankfully, the team meeting them in Lilycove was experienced with processing larger, more dangerous Pokémon. They were experts; Frank was just the driver.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
glory
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 1:23:41 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

"I don't." [break][break]

The thought of having any sort of personal conversation with Frank right now made Damien's blood boil.[break][break]

"In fact, I don't want to hear a single word from you unless it has to do with the mission—" [break][break]

Right, the mission. Since they were partners now. [break][break]

Not partners in love, as had wanted things to remain — but partners in sin, working for a soul-crushing organization like TEAM ROCKET.[break][break]

How easily had sold himself off yet again. Was three years in prison not enough of a lesson for him?[break][break]

Damien reached a hand toward the center dash, attempting to turn on the radio in an effort to tune out the fucking bastard beside him.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
282 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
glory
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 17:14:52 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Frank resisted the urge to roll his eyes at Damien's childish behavior. Whenever the younger man entered one of these moods, Frank let him throw his tantrum for a little while before reminding him (sometimes painfully) that it was time to come around. [break][break]

So he said nothing while Damien turned on the radio, instead focusing on the dark road ahead of them. Late night smooth jazz filled the space between them, accompanied by the sultry voice of a female singer. [break][break]

They listened in silence. Even the Skeledirge in the back stopped pounding the walls of the truck, suggesting that the song had calmed her. Frank couldn't blame her; he recognized the old tune as one that used to play on the radio when he and Damien were kids. He even started humming along with it. [break][break]

Casually, strategically, he reached over and rested his hand on Damien's thigh as the song came to an end.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
glory
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 0:22:20 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

Whatever his strategic plan may have been, all 's touch did was cause to flinch and turn his head further away to the right, his focus lasered on the dark nightscape moving outside the passenger window.[break][break]

Damien didn't push his hand away. Didn't spat or hiss for Frank to keep to himself. Instead, he simply didn't acknowledge the gesture. Pretended, as best he could, that the situation they found themselves in wasn't actually real.[break][break]

He stewed in his denial for a long while. Soft, familiar jazz faded in and out as he inwardly processed the anger and betrayal and all the other bullshit that came with joining ROCKET.[break][break]

How long had it been? Could Frank still back out somehow? Maybe if he begged, said it was a short-sighted mistake? Would ever even consider releasing someone once he had his fangs sunk into them?[break][break]

Fuck.[break][break]

If he looked over, Frank might be able to see Damien's face, misty-eyed and dour, reflected in the window as he finally spoke up and asked,[break][break]

"Why?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
282 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
glory
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 19:54:37 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

Relief filled Frank when Damien did not throw a tantrum. As the minutes passed, he felt the anger seep out of the space between them. What remained was a tension laced with sorrow; a glance to his right revealed Damien's face reflected in the passenger-side window, eyes glistening with unshed tears. [break][break]

Frank sighed. "The work is good, Damien. The real work, not this smuggling stuff. It challenges me mentally and pays really well. And I've been guaranteed protection so that I don't end up in prison again. I'll make sure you won't, either." [break][break]

He squeezed the younger man's thigh in what he hoped was a reassuring gesture, one that conveyed a promise Frank had made Damien a long time ago. One that said, I'll take care of you. [break][break]

He'd already broken that promise four years ago, when he'd disappeared into the Unovan prison system. He would not let that happen again.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
glory
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 23:08:56 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

couldn't guarantee shit. ROCKET was all about making short-lived promises and not following through. If someone like him fucked up royally enough they'd drop him just as easily as they'd picked him up.[break][break]

"But you knew I didn't want this."[break][break]

wrapped his arms tighter around himself. His face was hot, but a deep chill had settled in his chest.[break][break]

"You knew it and you did it anyway." He accused, his voice low and scathing. Still, he refused to look Frank in the eye.[break][break]

"Don't you care about how I feel? How this affects me?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
282 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
glory
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 12:55:38 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank2"]
[attr="class","body"]

A muscle worked in Frank's jaw as irritation flared in his chest. Once again, Damien was refusing to listen to reason and patience. [break][break]

This kind of behavior wouldn't last long in prison, Frank thought darkly as he removed his hand from the other man's thigh. [break][break]

Though he casually placed it back on the steering wheel, as if to improve his control over the car, the conscious deprivation of his touch was the first signal of his displeasure. [break][break]

"Damien, I need you to grow up." [break][break]

Frank had spoken to Damien with such harshness only a few times over the course of their long, shared history. Stripped of his laidback attitude, no longer assuaging others with optimistic reassurances, he appeared almost like a different man. [break][break]

"You know we can't always get what we want out of life. At least this way, I can take care of you. I can know everything that goes on in Team Rocket. Money doesn't lie; in fact, if you follow it long enough, it reveals a lot of secrets." [break][break]

Signs on the road ahead indicated the route to Lilycove. Frank's hands adjusted the wheel, even as he continued his lecture. [break][break]

"Of course, I care about your feelings. I know sure as shit that you don't want this life, that you'd rather do anything else to make sure your brothers and sisters will turn out okay. But you chose it anyway. So don't be a damn hypocrite with me."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

dove

he / him
december 31
black city, unova
gay
bartender / thief
grunt
you let me
desecrate you
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
124 posts
DAMIEN RUSSO DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @damien
DAMIEN RUSSO
glory
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 15:45:23 GMT
DAMIEN RUSSO Avatar
[nospaces]

The removal of ’s hand was a calculated blow. With it came a wave of pain that tightened Damien’s chest even more, threatening to send him over the edge. [break][break]

Fuck, he hated himself for missing the feeling of Frank’s touch. Hated how dependent he felt on the other man. [break][break]

That feeling of pain and fear only worsened when he heard Frank’s tone shift — but something else started to rise up, too.[break][break]

Anger. Indignation. Outrage.[break][break]

All had ever fucking done was grow up. So much quicker than any child should ever have to.[break][break]

What do you mean? You could have taken care of me literally any other way!” If he truly cared about his feelings he’d have found another way. Anything other than ROCKET.[break][break]

But when Damien heard the word hypocrite leave ’s lips, he felt something snap inside of him. All the anger he’d been trying to temper this entire time suddenly welled up into his throat, coating his words in vitriol.[break][break]

Damien was damn sure looking at him now.[break][break]

FUCK you, Frank! I didn’t have a choice! How else was I gonna make enough money to feed and clothe everyone, huh?!”[break][break]

He needed to stop. The conversation was spiraling out of control.[break][break]

But you fucking did! You HAD a choice, Frank, and you chose fucking wrong!” [break][break]

Stop.[break][break]

“All that education. All that time working for your fancy ass company and starting your own business. And for what? Just so you could stoop as low as me?”[break][break]

STOP.[break][break]

It’s pathetic. You’re pathetic.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights