thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
withering [c]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 13:38:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He only intends to occupy the courtyard for a short time; a quick break between paperwork and meetings. It was the one place on the sub that could trick him into thinking he wasn't working on a metal death trap that was, at least, not always leagues beneath the sea.[break][break]

No, today it was blessedly parked in the Cave of Origin, and the risk of drowning was low.[break][break]

It didn't make him like it any more.[break][break]

So he sits among the cultivated garden, breathing in the floral scent and pretending he was anywhere else.[break][break]

How fitting, yet strange, to encounter among that which she'd once taught to flourish, and now tended to ruin.[break][break]

"Hello, Elisabeth." Stilted, a little awkward, but not cold. Because, "I'd been meaning to ask you something, actually. Do you have a minute?"[break][break]

Hopefully she, like him, was between work. But she could have been merely passing through the gardens, close as they were to the high offices, and so he's careful not to presume.[break][break]

Hoping to avoid hostility, he adds, "It's about Ultra Beast poisons."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
withering [c]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 21:53:47 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

She wasn't much given to pleasantries, these days. Few people went out of their way to speak with her on the Rocket submarine unless they had need of her for some business matter, with the exceptions being so singular that she had gotten used to ignoring most people.[break][break]

So the presence of in the garden went unheeded, at first. She'd continued at a brisk walk, only ceasing when her full name -- "Elisabeth" -- arrested her in place. It had been awhile since her fellow underboss had called her that, at least without any hostility imbued in its invocation.[break][break]

She turned to glance over her shoulder at him, suspicion and curiosity both glimmering in her emerald eyes.[break][break]

"A minute?" she repeated, gloved hands wringing together as she wondered at why. If he was willing to endure her company, it was bound to be important, however. He'd made his distaste of her clear enough, hadn't he? "Of course."[break][break]

The nearby greenery appeared undisturbed at the present moment by her presence as she joined him -- a stark departure from how it had immediately blackened after her Avatarship. Her emotional stability had settled somewhat, her resentment now a low-lying simmer rather than an outright boil.[break][break]

"Ultra Beast poisons... That's a curious topic of conversation," she said, considering the matter. Her former role as a poisoner in the organization did lend her some knowledge in that area, certainly. "I'll take it you're curious about Nihilego? Or Naganadel, perhaps?"[break][break]

She'd been poisoned by the former, once. It had been... unpleasant.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
withering [c]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 12:40:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

It should be a relief that flowers don't wither on the vine as she approaches. It is a relief. The discomfort that lingers, then, must only be Cillian's growing realisation that they've grown so far apart as to almost be strangers again.[break][break]

Rather than resentment, this time he feels only the sorrow of loss.[break][break]

"Both," he confirms, "though I was able to collaborate with on the latter. I've got my own Nihilego, but I don't know much about the creature." It made Lugia uncomfortable, and thus did not see much use. "Their toxin is... incredibly unplesant," for he'd experienced it before, as well, "but perhaps necessary for my efforts. I'm trying to build an immunity. To Ultra Beast toxin, specifically."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
withering [c]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 4:00:56 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The mere mention of was enough to get her tense, clenching her teeth in a visible grimace. She made no mention of her opinion of the man, but perhaps her body language would be enough to betray it.[break][break]

Or, perhaps, it might be misinterpreted as yet another slight against the other underboss presently in front of her.[break][break]

"I could see the appeal in utilizing the neurotoxin as a weapon," she opened, brow furrowing in thought. "The use of it against and alike has proven its capability in that arena. It stands to reason it will be utilized against us, too."[break][break]

It was why she had utilized it in her mission on the Resurfaced Island, in fact. Though it had failed to affect her target as desired.[break][break]

With the organization's repeated ventures into the Ultra Deep Sea, access to that toxin had become more prevalent than ever before, as had medical advances in treatment of it. The fact both underbosses had been affected by the poison and then swiftly recovered was a testament to that progress.[break][break]

Which made immunity not an altogether impossible thing to consider.[break][break]

"Is that another reason why you came to me, then?" she said, a surprised revelation flashing across her features. "Because of my unique immunity to Nihilego poison?"[break][break]

Her bloodwork had already been sent off to ; undoubtedly, it could be tested upon further if so desired it. She wasn't sure what she thought of that revelation, aside from mild unease.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
withering [c]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 16:08:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

The shift of her jaw does not go unnoticed. Sharp enough to connect it to the mention of his former mentor, curiosity kindles in Cillian's gaze. It wasn't his place to ask, but...[break][break]

"Has Theo upset you?"[break][break]

Theo, not Underboss Beckett; a sign of how he's warmed to the other man. Where Elisabeth's relationship with the two men has only become more strained, they themselves have managed to shirk any awkward feelings and rekindle an old friendship.[break][break]

"I hadn't considered it like that," he admits of the neurotoxin. "I was concerned of my own Shadow Pokemon, actually. My Roserade's spikes harm me as much as anyone else. As with the others' poisons. But you're right: they could be used against us."[break][break]

A longer pause than is necessary follows her question, as Cillian struggles to formulate a reply.[break][break]

"I came to you because I trust you not to kill me," is said at last. It's the truth, even if it hurts him to realise that the reason is no longer because they are friends, but because Elisabeth's self-preservation instincts are as strong as his own. To kill him would be suicide. "And because I trust your antidote above all others. I'm going to need a supply of it, if I'm going to be dosing myself with poison on the regular." A rough laugh. "I figured you might be open to testing your Nihilego's toxins on me. I don't imagine it's often you have a willing test subject."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
withering [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 5:30:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Has inserted himself into my life on multiple occasions against my wishes? Yes," she replied drily. "Yes, he certainly has."[break][break]

But this was not 's fault, and for once her acidic tongue held no barbs for him.[break][break]

To be acknowledged for her expertise likewise startled her, despite herself. She'd been certain her Avatarships would be what had drawn him to come to her in the first place, but her background in toxicology often remained forgotten by Rocket at large.[break][break]

"I can provide you the antidote, of course," she said, tucking a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "It might take some time to procure enough to meet your needs, depending, but it is entirely doable. Mm... how intense a dosage were you intending?"[break][break]

She eyed him thoughtfully, knowing that was far from a timid man. A sinking suspicion told her that he'd have a devastating ask in mind, not something milder.[break][break]

"You are right that I do not intend nor want to kill you," she added softly, but more to temper his own enthusiasm lest it paint her an unintentional murderer. That was an additional blight on her reputation she hardly needed.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
withering [c]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 5:06:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian has to stifle the urge to laugh, figuring Elisabeth wouldn't take kindly to that. He does that, he thinks, but it's fond where Elisa had been scathing.[break][break]

Aloud, he says, "He may just be trying to help. He's a little, mm. Socially inept?" Constipated is the word that comes to mind, but he opts for a diplomatic alternative. wasn't good at soft talks and encouragement. He was good at getting results in the worst ways. Once, Cillian had hated him for that, too. "I'd ask if he'd tried to poison you yet, but you're immune."[break][break]

Though his expression and tone read serious, he's joking.[break][break]

Grim certainty at her lack of murderous intent subsides into a softer relief as she confirms it.[break][break]

"Intense," he affirms. "As much as I can tolerate, and stepping it up over time. If there's war on the horizon, I don't have the time to take it slow."[break][break]

It's why he'd sought out the best.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights