twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
294 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Quit Fuckin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 16:17:00 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Maybe she should've settled for a smaller handgun, but something about a big 'fuck you' revolver spoke to her. Even if the kick threatened to dislocate several unknown bones in her hands and wrist, it was all worth the feel of it.

BANG!

Miss.

BANG!

Glass exploded all over the short wood table as June's careful shot landed. It felt silly to wear safety glasses, as the one guy in that Gun Safety Class recommended, but she did appreciate the advice about ear plugs. Instead of rocking her brain tissue and giving her bad tinnitus, the sound muffled loudly against her ears.

She moved the barrel slowly to the next target. No need to rush things-- she'd be out here plenty often anyway. Off in the corner of the massive Mauville Ranger HQ lot, where the other rangers rarely frequented. Opposite end from all the Pokémon, though, so she didn't have to deal with complaints about that. To play it safe, she'd had her Garchomp dig up the earth behind the makeshift target range.

Now, instead of random trees and grass and brush, all her shots thudded into the dirt and created its own secondary explosion. Much more muffled and less exciting than the glass. But satisfying all the same. And it meant she didn't have to worry about hitting something she didn't want to.

BANG! Miss.

BANG! Hit.

Once more, the barrel shifted. BANG, BANG!

Hit. Unnecessary shot. Fuck. She pulled back her stiff, tv-static-filled hands and carefully pulled back on the cylinder release. It fell to the side, and six bullets clattered over the rickety old table she used. "Fifty-fifty ain't awful..."

Her vision flashed back to the Giant Chasm. Her side flared up as she recalled how the Rocket that tried to murder only needed the one. First try. Barely aimed. Her wallet cringed as she dug her fingers into the paper box next to her, for another handful of rounds. She grimaced. "Not good enough."

close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,483 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
Quit Fuckin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 2:50:46 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-target-o"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

The shots ring out and Paxton watches. Arms crossed, and eyes watching the distance make shift target. The glass bottles were decent enough targets but from what he observed, unnecessarily difficult for someone unsure of their shots. "At this distance against someone who can actually shoot, you're taking too big a risk for yourself." he said, having moved to an angle to look at June's form. Dirt splashes up form the makeshift barriers. [break][break]

"Or your partners'." he added. The officer silently looks over the woman, staring her down as he took her in before his attention stays on the revolver. "Your form is terrible, and I don't need a paper target to tell your breathing's bad too." he remarked. "You can't handle a six shooter." He doesn't reach for her revolver, but does look over at his partner. The Magnezone takes the hint, summoning PROTECT shields over the small targets to stop June's haphazard shooting. [break][break]

"Why are you in a parking lot?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ [break][break]
tl;dr [break][break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".topaz"] --accent:#D49837; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
294 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
Quit Fuckin' Around [M]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 21:36:50 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June didn’t even give the stranger a spare glance. Anyone who opened up like that was either a dick, arrogant, or was making small talk before an important conversation. Or all three, based on his tone. She put the last round in the revolver and closed the cylinder with a satisfying click.

Only to realize that faint glow of the protect, which blocked the last few bottles from her ameature aim. She rolled her eyes and clicked the safety on before she tossed the gun onto the table. Thankfully, all it did was rattle against the wood.

I am in the parking lot,” she wiped her sweat-stained hands against her black pants, “because I have finished the scheduled deliveries for the day, I want to stay close for any last-minute calls, and to practice gun handling safely.

So, congrats, you know more than someone who’s shot a gun three times in her life– including right now,” only then did she turn to the stranger, the side of her head rested on her palm.

Y’know, I heard the Littleroot Litleos and Mauville Meowths are playing just down the block. I’m sure those third-graders would absolutely love your amazing insight on how to shoot a basketball. Since you have nothing better to do with your life.

She smiled big and bright to the League official. Yet her eyes told a different story, filled with annoyance. If looks could kill, Paxton would’ve died the second she turned to him. Unfortunately for June, though, they did not, and he was still there. What the hell did this guy want?

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights