Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 16:56:50 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

For all Lulu joked, Ameena really had been making the rounds with the upper echelons of Rocket. She knew the head scientists, had visited Area Zero with Cillian, and had even gotten someone knocked off her hit list with the help of Zev's expertise. Consequently, her right arm was visibly bandaged as the bullet wound healed, but it was a very minor setback. And here she was, about to seek out yet another big fish in the Rocket pond. [break][break]

She knocked on Elisabeth's office door, mindful of her racing heart. She was eager to discuss the memo she had gotten scraps of. The implications of dual avatarship were not a source of interest for Ameena, but the presence of Tapu Fini was too good an opportunity to pass up. While Ameena was owed no such information, her delivery of scientific data from excursions and her own sleep studies had shown competence and a willingness to deliver what Rocket asked for. [break][break]

She identified herself at the door: "Ameena Abadi," though she couldn't be sure Elisabeth would know her name if the woman hadn't been talking to Amor or Lulu lately, both of whom were Ameena's most frequent contacts.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 18:26:20 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

Elisabeth both was and was not in the habit of familiarizing herself with the newer members of Rocket.[break][break]

At some point, this had been a tedious profession for her; the faces changed, the procession grunts seeming like a revolving door as more were lost to war, to mediocrity, or even to treason.[break][break]

Still, individuals like made their mark. Scientific prowess had a way of doing that.[break][break]

"Don't linger in the doorway, Abadi," the underboss said without looking up from the paper in her hands. "That implies you already want to leave, when you've only just arrived."[break][break]

Elisabeth glanced up then, emerald eyes dispassionate as they took in the sight of the woman across from her.[break][break]

"You want something," she determined, and it wasn't a question, but spoken like a fact. "Out with it, then."[break][break]

Poisoners knew the value of patience, but power had made Elisabeth miserly with her time and attention.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 16:33:32 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ameena stepped forward at her prompting, smiling with teeth. She definitely did not want to leave when she had a brief period with the most interesting woman in Hoenn. Indeed, every word she'd heard of the legendary underboss had only intrigued her more. Reading a bit of about her connection to an Alolan deity had only sealed the deal. [break][break]

"Thank you for your time," she said earnestly, though she was not confident Elisabeth cared for gratitude. More to the point, she explained, "My research revolves around the dream realm and the potential multiverse therein. I spent a long time studying in Alola to see what relation the Tapu deities had to it, particularly Tapu Lele.[break][break]

"I was curious on two fronts: since the Tapu deities have ties to each other, do you yourself feel a connection to any others beyond Tapu Fini? And secondly, how have your dreams changed since your connection with Tapu Fini?" If Elisabeth could feel Lele in any way, it would be a great lead for where Ameena could her hands on the deity, as she suspected all of the Tapu deities were in Hoenn, much as many gods were, these days. And Elisabeth's dreams... why, there were countless avenues to pursue from that information, should the underboss offer it.[break][break]

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 16:41:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Of all the things that might find of interest about her, Elisabeth had not anticipated it to be Tapu Fini that drew her to the underboss's door.[break][break]

Elisabeth leaned back in her chair, considering this, as she silently motioned for the woman to take the seat opposite her. She'd never been to Alola; the legends and customs of its people weren't a subject she felt particularly versed in, but she suspected the researcher across from her knew all that and then some.[break][break]

"Tapu Fini has rarely showed interest in the other Tapus, at least in my presence," she opened, resting her chin on her hands. "The Tapu Koko that possesses does not appear to be her kin. Their meeting bore animosity and suspicion on both sides."[break][break]

All the secrecy of that encounter had long melted away. Both Avatarships, once kept precious and quiet, had been exposed to Rocket for some time now.[break][break]

The fact that this led to discussion of Tapu Lele, of all deities, only stumped her more.[break][break]

"I have encountered Tapu Lele, but not with Fini," she continued. "Her Avatar, , is a thorn in Rocket's side and a member of the AQUA initiative. If you wish to gain more knowledge, I would advise you to undertake a civilian identity and attempt to get intelligence from him."[break][break]

The last question she let linger in silence for some time, letting it sit on her tongue as if she was attempting to get acquired to the taste. Moments passed in the quiet, but it still left her sour.[break][break]

"How do you believe dreams factor into this?" she asked instead of answering.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 16:57:16 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She filed the information for later use. She suspected she would get the same information from Tapu Koko's avatar about the relationship between Tapus. Animosity and suspicion was the opposite relationship she suspected them to have based on her research. They protected their respective islands fiercely, but ultimately cared about nature in general, and held back their own z-move strength for this goal. A little rivalry and show of strength was one thing, but animosity and suspicion...[break][break]

Were the Tapus all of the same original universe? Could a space distortion have separated any or all of them? [break][break]

She needed to research immediately. He had valuable information, and she would interrogate him to get it. She wondered what connections should could draw between her company and his own interests. [break][break]

She supposed the dream connection was a bit of a stretch, evidenced also by her empty-handed return to Hoenn from Alola. "Tapu Lele's psychic prowess and strong connection to nature connects the dream realm and material world within one deity. It gains strength from the scent of flowers, and Payapa berries - which impact psychic move strength - grow on Akala island. I spent months talking to civilians there about their faith and history with the deity. Some report close contact with Her scales resulted in odd, feverish dreams. Some claim these dreams to be visions.[break][break]

"Tapu Lele is the only deity to generate a psychic-enhancing environment on Her appearance. I believe Her strong relationship between nature and the mind is like a bonding between heaven and earth. All Tapus are similarly originated and functioning within their own realms, so there may be a similar impact from Tapu Fini." Her rapid speech comes to a sudden stop as she realizes she sounds slightly feverish. She takes a breath. Not so much dismissively, but certainly as a mediating remark, she finishes with: "It is only a theory."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 17:06:07 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"I see."[break][break]

The Dreaming was not Elisabeth's realm of expertise. She left that to others, like , who understood its darker intricacies. Elisabeth's eyes closed, recalling the way Darkrai's mist had filled her lungs during the scientist's sleep study almost two years ago, before they fluttered open again.[break][break]

"I'm afraid I'll disappoint you then, Abadi. My sample size, when it comes to dreams, is inherently unreliable."[break][break]

A delicate potted orchid on her desk shivered faintly as Elisabeth moved to push a pile of papers to the side. Its dewy white petals, glistening in their sheen, faded somewhat for but a single moment as she did so.[break][break]

"My Avatarship to Wo-chien interferes with the influence I'd have received from Tapu Fini. Both draw out similar emotive responses in me. Spiteful. Vindictive. Resentful. It is difficult to parse sometimes which emotion belongs to the other."[break][break]

A half-truth, really. Elisabeth thought she knew the origin of her dreams, haunting as they were, and both deities mined that origin point of misery for different ends. Still, Ameena seemed the sort to continue to ask such questions, so the better avenue was to give her another bone to gnaw upon.[break][break]

"Tapu Fini has never shown me a link to the Dreaming," she offered, careful in her wording, "but... I believe she has ties to the dead."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 17:23:26 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Ah. She had not expected to receive much answer about the dreams from Elisabeth anyways, but it was foolish to limit herself based on a negative hypothesis. Still, an offer for a sleep study sat on her tongue, though she knew she had not proven herself to be trustworthy to the underboss specifically, and this negative hypothesis bore more risk than reward if she offended Elisabeth by asking to be defenseless for the study of her subconscious mind.[break][break]

The negative relationship between two deities would put a strain on any study. Perhaps, it would be impossible to perform a reliable sleep study since there was no way to control the variables. [break][break]

"If Lulu and I put our heads together, we may be able to create a more controlled dream environment that could enable you a discussion with both deities or even a finite environment for only one at a time. It is hard to understand the subconscious minds of the divine, but I would be willing to focus on this area if it were of any interest to you." It was clearly not a selfless offer, but Ameena would even lend the actual study to Lulu who was more established. Ameena only wanted the information the deities had, the power over dreams they might wield even unknowingly... [break][break]

Tapu Fini's relationship to the dead pointed to an interesting combination of powers Elisabeth must possess. "Do you believe this power is in a hallucinatory sense?" If yes, that could yield results. Yet, she suspected that was not at all the case, that Elisabeth was sharing something far more terrifying. Ameena suspected she was overstaying her welcome, so she needed to get the last tendrils of knowledge to set her in the right direction. Her tone was more somber as she said, "Does Tapu Fini show you apparitions?"

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 18:07:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

A strange chill settled on the back of the underboss's neck, like a cold hand wrapping its fingers around pale gooseflesh.[break][break]

Had she ever mentioned this aspect of her Avatarship to Tapu Fini before? The admission had felt innocent, when she'd chosen to let it slip, but now it had a heaviness to it she regretted speaking aloud.[break][break]

"Mm. On nights of the full moon, sometimes."[break][break]

The ghostly image of Cait Alfric, her freckled face defiant in the moonlight, entered her mind's eye and went.[break][break]

"Have you ever wandered the Border?" she ventured, posing the question back. "We have reports of grunts and higher-ups in Rocket alike witnessing things they shouldn't there. Ghosts of the dead, so to speak." A pause. "That's how the late Champion returned to life, or so he claims."[break][break]

Returned by the former Avatar of Tapu Lele, no less, though Elisabeth lacked that fundamental knowledge. 's part in those otherworldly events was unknown to her.[break][break]

"I don't summon ghosts, Abadi. I don't think I know how." Another pause, longer this time. "But sometimes, albeit rarely, I think the dead are drawn to me."

[attr="class","ooc"]
Context: Vaettir

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 18:52:08 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She shook her head to the question about the border. "I have only been to the Ultra Deep Sea with and one trip to the Ultra Plant. Another is pending. I saw a Xurkitree resurrect a clearly dead pokemon with its spark. It appears death is more temporary than initially thought." Par for the course, in this region. [break][break]

She considered Elisabeth's confession. It was more likely a blessing than a curse that she could not summon the dead. As much as Ameena wanted to see her own mum again, that approach would surely be distasteful in every manner. She could not help but wonder why Tapu Fini still possessed the power outside of Her island of guardianship; the prowess of the Tapus must be fully internal, but given how much of their purpose and even special z-move revolved around Alola, she had been sure that location was key. [break][break]

At least that meant she would hardly need another trip to Alola for her Tapu research. Ameena tried to read between the lines of what Elisabeth said. She didn't need to take things too far, didn't need to push for knowledge that was undoubtedly intimate between an Avatar and her deity - deities, in this case - but curiosity was winning over. How much of a Tapus power required their consent and will? How much was inevitable, an inseparable piece of their being, a consequence of their divinity? [break][break]

"Do you believe Tapu Fini is intentionally bringing them to you?"

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 19:16:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yes and no."[break][break]

Without realizing it, she'd begun turning over a ballpoint pen on her desk, worrying the metal between two fingertips.[break][break]

"I think..." she started, hesitant at first but slowly gaining surety with each word, "Tapu Fini is keenly aware of human desire."[break][break]

Only then did she see the tremulous shaking in her hand, and abruptly released the pen from her grip. Her fist closed, then after a second's thought, opened to reveal a blossoming heart of MISTY TERRAIN. Pink wisps twirled in her palm like a misty rosette, sweet-scented and beguiling.[break][break]

"I can wield her MISTY TERRAIN and lure others into revealing their repressed desires, the ones buried in the deepest recesses of their heart," she murmured, thinking of the words that virtual had told her so long ago. "Who desires anything more strongly than the dead? All ghosts ache to live again: to rewrite all that has been left unwritten."[break][break]

She curled her fist again, and the pink smoke vanished and crumbled into dust.[break][break]

"I think Tapu Fini collects people whose desires match hers," she said finally. "I think she is a possessive creature, one who detests being abandoned as much as she detests thieves."[break][break]

It was why Elisabeth believed she couldn't escape 's orbit, not so long as Tapu Fini held any sway over her.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 20:58:16 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

The implications were dizzying. Was there a spirit or energy residue from the dead that contained their desire? It could be something only the divine can access, though she rarely used energy detecting technology beyond that relating strictly to her field. [break][break]

The mist had a hundred things nearly tumbling off Ameena's tongue, though they primarily revolved around accessing that multiverse, pulling herself into the dream realm and finding herself in her mum's arms again. She also wanted to complete that list of Galarian officials who had contributed to her demise, and she had only knocked off one with the help of . There were countless others to finish. She had to see the fallout of that event, still, but she was letting her arm heal further, first. [break][break]

She has to bite her tongue to keep the thoughts back. She swallows thickly by the time Elisabeth finishes. "Tapu Fini is collecting people of a similar mind to create a community?" Community was key in Alola, even with the odd divisions between islands. Ultimately, Alolans protected Alolans because of their collective special care and faith in the land itself. It would make sense for Fini to desire it. Still, as to who was being attracted - "What does Tapu Fini want? Is it clear, if it also meshes with Wo-Chien?" [break][break]

Her digging at this point is shameless. Despite herself, there are so many details unveiling that could be potential leads. Additionally, the use of 'possessive' piqued her interest. "If Fini is possessive but sharing you... are you alright? It sounds like a recipe for a tug-a-war that would erode you over time." Clearly, the relationship was stable enough for her to function, but if Elisabeth felt trapped, Ameena had strong feelings about a woman's autonomy, and damn if she would let a man, god, or other steal it from anyone.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 4:49:47 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"A community?" The idea of this seemed to visibly entertain her, the flat line of her mouth curving into a smile. "No, I think not."[break][break]

That word had such a benevolent connotation to it, she thought. But Tapu Fini had never seemed a benevolent deity. Not to her.[break][break]

"The Vindictive," her patron had christened her. "We must collect what is rightfully ours."[break][break]

"Tapu Fini acts very... solitary. She has highly individual goals. All her cousins remain aligned with the League, but she chose me for her own ends, despite her previous loyalty."[break][break]

Elisabeth understood the island deity in this one specific way: she had chosen to walk a solitary road, too, when she'd chosen the path of revenge.[break][break]

"A study was done on my blood, by Head Scientist ," was her reply to the other point. "Its results suggest that the two Avatarships exist independently of one another -- the two strains of infinity energy they represent do not 'mesh' with one another, but both respond positively to my unique biology."[break][break]

To her, the implication was clear: both had chosen for separate reasons, but had not chosen to invite the presence of the other. That suggested tolerance, not allegiance.[break][break]

"...and according to that bloodwork, my health is quite in good standing," the underboss added, catching the worry in 's expression. "But tell me, why this wondering what Tapu Fini wants? Do you suspect her intentions towards Rocket are not benign?"[break][break]

It wouldn't be the first time someone had questioned the Tapu's current motives. had all but said as much when she revealed her second Avatarship to him.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 17:01:15 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Tapu Fini didn't seek community, but She attracted like-minded people. It left some questions in her mind, but none were urgent. Ameena felt some relief that the two deities weren't killing Elisabeth - if nothing else, such an occurrence would have resulted in two angry gods, and no one needed that trouble. [break][break]

"Her intentions toward Rocket do not matter," Ameena asserted. She didn't intend to look apathetic towards Rocket's needs, given she had found her time in Rocket to be very fruitful for herself and the organization thus far. She explained herself a little further to avoid any such thoughts: "I think She is limited in what damage she could do if She is bound to you, and by your desires, just as much as you are Her." It was an assumption about the nature of an Avatarship, but Ameena felt it must be true for there to be any sort of working relationship. [break][break]

"Fini's goals, if they can be understood, would give a point of reference for the other Tapus - and that point of comparison would be very helpful for my future investigations into them. The Tapus are some of the most connected of the deities, as most stand in direct opposition to their counterpart, but these four have a more collaborative - but competitive - relationship. It really interests me in relation to Lele, given my field of study, but. If Fini's abilities revolve around the dead... Her motives might be the most important to understand."

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 5:56:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Mm. I don't think I limit her at all. No more than her previous patron did, at least."[break][break]

Elisabeth's brow furrowed at the reminder of , struggling to articulate the nature of her bond, and ultimately wondered if that accuracy mattered. No one understood Legendary Pokemon to their fullest capacity, she well knew, not even their Avatars.[break][break]

Especially their Avatars, sometimes.[break][break]

"If I might give you some advice, Abadi? I'd let your observations in Hoenn inform your research, rather than the other way around."[break][break]

How many times had people in Hoenn proclaimed to understand the myths and legends of their culture, only to witness something in this universe that didn't align? She thought of 's Tapu Koko, from a world that none of them recognized, and frowned.[break][break]

"This world has so much about it that is unknowable. So many phenomena that we have yet to explain. Tapu Fini is uniquely herself, an enigmatic and self-serving deity like many others. Viewing her from the way we expect familial relations to exist as humans, hm... It may not fully translate."[break][break]

When she exhaled, the faintest shimmer of pink dusted her sigh as she regarded the other woman.[break][break]

"I believe I understand what Tapu Fini wants, however." A beat, and then a single all-encompassing word: "Revenge."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
216 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
aloha, understanding [s]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 15:37:17 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Elisabeth's comment was a good reminder: she needed to not get ahead of herself. Further, her suggestion about familial relationships was a fair one. She was sure there was something there, since there were so few deities that did not explicitly have exclusively combative relationships with their counterpart(s), but perhaps family was the wrong framework. Or, she was thinking too limited with the theory - that families, in reality, were messier than the idea of family. [break][break]

But it required more observation and study before she could be sure of anything at all. [break][break]

"Do you think," she started, considering how Elisabeth had been the one to ask about Fini's intentions towards Rocket, "Tapu Fini's search for revenge will lead Her away from Rocket's interests?" Perhaps Elisabeth had held some nervousness about Fini's future path, if the deity would force Elisabeth to give up her position because of them turning on the organization. [break][break]

Revenge was interesting any way she cut it; Ameena would need to get more information on the other Tapus and their goals. So far, nothing confirmed her hopes for dream realm connections.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights