part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 4:07:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VAETTIR

MISSION

IN SOOTOPOLIS, when the night wanes into endless twinkles, a single CRYSTABLOOM blossoms against all odds. it is alone now. a survivor that represents a once proud species that would astound all with its ethereal beauty.

it sprouts at the very gulf of sootopolis’ entrance. the route people would use to ferry in and out of the city. at least, before team rocket took control. now that designation is the route less traveled by. forgotten by most in lieu of new traffic and newer dissidents.

at the water’s very edge, a single person sits huddled around the small plant. green curly hair hides her features. her frame is wiry even from a distance.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 12:54:48 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

Her footsteps were soft and hushed in the night air, words that she'd sought to forget etched in her mind, as bright and unwilling to be dismissed as the moon above her:[break][break]

"You need to start staying in Sootopolis. On a night where the wistful become restless, find where the water blooms new life."
[break]

Sootopolis and the Petalburg Woods that she called her home shared precious little in common. Here, the air stung with the salt of the sea, stars piercing in their gleam as they cast their light over the crater's edge.[break][break]

Elisabeth had learned to appreciate this new beauty for what it was, albeit its differences from the place that she had once called her sanctuary. Compromises had to be made, when sacrificing for a greater cause.[break][break]

Rocket and revenge were alike, in that way.[break][break]

The sole crystabloom glittered beneath moon-blanched rays of argent light, its guardian likewise illuminated beneath the pale glow.[break][break]

She hesitated on the brink of trespassing, uncertain how close she should dare approach.

[break][break]

NOTES

- CONTEXT.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 20:40:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VAETTIR

MISSION

THE CLOSER SOMEONE DARES TO VENTURE, the more becomes apparent. like the sallow hues bleeding past freckled skin. the most prominent of her bones jut along her face, a strict contrast to eyes sunken with fatigue. the bend of her back professes a slouch that has known many years. a testament to her conviction in leaving it unaddressed.

she says nothing when her locks onto a strangers. they drone on and on into the life behind it. it’s a stare the florist will recognize.

after all, it’s the stare she inherited from her mentor.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 22:13:27 GMT
[nospaces]

Her own gaze held a subdued, glassy coolness in its nature as it beheld the stranger at a distance. Composure had been trained in her, too, but it lacked in the same severity. A porcelain mask betrayed nothing, not even intensity of focus.[break][break]

People projected whatever they wanted on a blank slate.[break][break]

A long stretch of silence passed between them like the waves lapping against the water's edge, slowly dragging away the earth by thieving one fistful of soil at a time. Rocks were polished smooth by these grasping, watery fingers, shimmering before the crystabloom's unfurled petals.[break][break]

"It's been some time since I saw one of them bloom here," she said at last, shattering the quiet of their interlude. "Is it in your care, then?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- CONTEXT.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 22:28:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VAETTIR

MISSION

ELISABETH’S COMPOSURE REVEALS MORE IN SILENCE THAN WITH WORDS. the chasm between them is filled with a small gesture: the figure curls her fingers around the CRYSTABLOOM, as if to hold it, but never dares to touch the flower itself. something perfectly within her reach but out of grasp.

when the oath is broken, she finally hears her voice.

you can see me?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 22:33:39 GMT
[nospaces]

The question echoed in her mind twice over, careful calculations assuring that the words had not been misconstrued in their meaning.[break][break]

"I can, yes. Just as you can see me."[break][break]

A sense that she was meant to reassure this woman in some way took hold of her, and she wrapped her arms around herself, another pause inserting itself before she managed to voice her next thought.[break][break]

"Do you prefer to be unobserved? I can depart, if so."

[break][break]

NOTES

- CONTEXT.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 22:38:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VAETTIR

MISSION

“NO, NO.” there is a soft plea to her voice that croons under a broken body. “please, come sit with me.

a smile finds its way onto her face. a picturesque scene lost to the ravages of time. forgotten in another space.

this bodes well then. it means my mistress has grown restless.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 22:45:02 GMT
[nospaces]

There was a comfort to distance. It presented a reasonable barrier to unwanted intimacies, in a way that sitting beside another person didn't.[break][break]

A desire to retreat from such an unexpected invitation to friendship fought against her own inherent curiosity, before ultimately succumbing to the latter's power over her.[break][break]

"Your mistress?" she repeated, kneeling beside her on the cool ground. The closer proximity made her all the more aware of the sound of her own voice in the muted softness of night. "I can't say I know of such a woman in Sootopolis."[break][break]

It seemed odd to equate any of the women in Rocket to such a moniker as that.

[break][break]

NOTES

- CONTEXT.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:08:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VAETTIR

MISSION

SHE SAYS NOTHING. moves little. a perfect still frame that should be impossible. where the winds sift through loose blonde strands, her green remain unfazed.

would you submit underneath another person?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:22:35 GMT
[nospaces]

What a heavy question to ask a stranger.[break][break]

"Do I seem so unwilling to bend to authority?" she asked blandly. She adjusted herself as she let the question settle, pulling her knees close to her chest. "I've submitted before, if that's what you're asking."[break][break]

What was marriage if submission, in the end? What was Rocket, other than feigning zealotry in exchange for a right to self-preservation? What was the League, except a shackle that masqueraded as the freedom to live safely on someone else's terms?[break][break]

"But who you swear promises to doesn't matter. In the end, we must be loyal to ourselves. No one else ever will be."[break][break]

It came out as a tired observation, one proven many times over, and the disappointment that had come with learning that truth still tasted bitter on her tongue.

[break][break]

NOTES

- CONTEXT.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:39:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VAETTIR

MISSION

HER RESPONSE ELICITS THE TINEST LAUGH. one that ends with a weary huff as her shoulders roll back into place. years of turmoil are exhaled in the smallest chortle. a reminder of what should have been.

maybe. for humans. but promises made to the land are ones we need to keep.

the CRYSTABLOOM wobbles against the sea current breeze. her gaze centers on its petals.

who knows us better than the earth?

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:45:37 GMT
[nospaces]

"Aren't all humans rather abysmal at keeping promises, those made to the earth most of all?"[break][break]

She didn't mirror the green-haired woman's laugh; her own humor was a darker, cynical thing, betrayed by a hollow chuckle that held no true amusement in its tenor.[break][break]

"Nature holds no loyalty to us. The more we wrong her, the more fiercely she punishes us for it. Droughts. Famines. Floods. Whatever cruelty we give, it's met back tenfold in a world that has learned to be hostile to us."[break][break]

A finger traced an idle circle in the dirt, restless.[break][break]

"You could argue it's selfish to care for the land. If we don't, the land won't care for us, and it'll watch us die without pity."

[break][break]

NOTES

- CONTEXT.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 3:53:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VAETTIR

MISSION

HER WORDS ROUSE SOME FIGHT INTO HER COMPANION. enough to take a stand. green eyes glower onto the heretic who would lambaste the very ground they walk on. the ocean behind them bubble at her behest. the light of the CRYSTABLOOM starts to flicker.

to wrong her is to beg for her punishment. that is the only rule we agree upon.

the circle elisabeth drew quakes into a different shape. a long oval with a point in the middle.

make no mistake, when you die, the land still watches over you. forever and ever.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,364 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 4:02:41 GMT
[nospaces]

"Don't mistake me." Her voice lowered, its softness unable to quiet her resolve -- one that hinted at a hardness hidden behind an appearance of frangible porcelain. "I hold a great respect for the earth. And reverence for its righteous wrath."[break][break]

Though this hadn't been what drew her to study botany in her youth. The cycle of life had first fascinated her: to watch something emerge from nothing, nurtured into existence by wind, rain, and soil. In some ways, it was the closest a mortal person could come to achieving divinity.[break][break]

She hadn't realized it at the time, but to play at life was to play the part of the reaper, too.[break][break]

"We all reap what we sow. When we die most of all."

[break][break]

NOTES

- CONTEXT.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
VAETTIR
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 4:34:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VAETTIR

MISSION

WORDS ALONE DO NOT TEMPER HER INDIGNATION. it only buys elisabeth time to pause a brewing outcry. one that teeters between false appeasement and purposeful provocation. the world around them settles in the meanwhile. it only strikes when the time is right.

when revenge is just and needed.

in death, we pay her back for all that we have taken. may our bodies nourish those that will come after us.