Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rage [S]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 8:38:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard Slayte would not get out of the way.

As and her Altaria soared away, Howard stood in Shred Zeppelin's way. The figure of and her Roaring Moon disappeared into the light. The wound in the earth made by Kyurem and Hoopa had dug quite deep indeed, and left plenty of room for the two women to ascend and leave this accursed hell behind.

It was hard to envision it as heaven with the snarling demon before him. Scarred flesh burned black, covered in bandages. It was more accurate to call this place hell, despite the expanse of green. An Eden soiled by mortal hands, marred by crimson blood.

June had almost died. Again. Howard had almost broken his vow to Grigori Sokolov. The only way to keep it from breaking was to stop the man standing in front of him.

"Shred." The admin took a few steps forward, before breaking out into a run towards his friend. "She's whitelisted! What're you doing?"

Howard lunged, as if to tackle Shred.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Rage [S]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 4:45:49 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Howard moves fast, but your hand moves faster.

You grab the archaeologist by the neck, tight enough to choke him, but not enough to suffocate. That might seem like a meaningless difference to him, but for you, it's a world of difference. With all the hate burning in your blood and the adrenaline pumping through your veins, it takes tremendous restraint to not crush his windpipe.

And with every second that and get further away, your grip on the situation grows looser and tighter at once.

"HOWARD." You snarl, looking him in the eye with barely hidden disdain and undisguised incredulity. "SHE'S ON THE OTHER SIDE. SHE'S AN ENEMY. SHE CHOSE TO BE HERE. SHE TRIED TO FUCKING STAB ME. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rage [S]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 6:24:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Shred was correct. Those two women had wounded him. Marred him. If anyone on this planet deserved the right to rage and hate and spit and snarl with pointed teeth, it was Shred Zeppelin. It had been Howard's idea. Why did Shred need to suffer for it?

"Guh...!" There was no distinction between choking and suffocation when on the receiving end. There was no way to determine what was rushing through Shred's mind. "Wounds... heal..."

What a stupid thing to say to a man who would never look the same again. What a stupid thing to say, given the warmth of sight that once cradled in his socket was now replaced with a cold, uncaring stone. Wounds healed, scars did not. Shred Zeppelin would always be scarred.

It was his reason for being.

"Grigori...." Howard's voice was a rattle as he choked. He made a promise. He could keep this. Shred would not kill him. They were friends. Allies, rejected by the world. Yet every day, the Rocket Beast was even more distant from the man he had once been. "His daughter..."

. The words were a choked gasp.

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Rage [S]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 19:31:25 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"...What?"

Grigori's daughter? No. Surely not. How? And why? And, and, and...

Too many questions flood your mind. You can't even begin to answer one before two more hit you. You try to look for an explanation, but you just can't find it. You try and reconcile the Grigori you know with this Grigori you've been presented with. Grigori, the loyal and kind yet unassuming Rocket Grunt. Grigori, the distant and uncaring and emotionless father.

Your hand slips off Howard's neck and moves to grab your head. Thinking about it makes your brain ache. Like trying to solve a puzzle when the pieces are constantly changing. It just doesn't make any sense. How could it possibly make sense? Your eyes flick back to Howard, your previous anger dulled by newfound confusion.

"Explain."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rage [S]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 7:28:49 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Shred's arm left Howard's neck. Air filled his lungs, which crackled like paper bags. He could've stopped Shred, but it wouldn't have been right.

I deserve this.

He looks like this because of me.

Your dream is dead because I killed it.

Yet still, the admin clung to life like a incessant scab. He clung to life because he wanted to live, but that desire evaporated around Shred. It curdled and died because the admin had come to a conclusion when Shred had been in that hospital bed with charred flesh fused to the sheets of his bed.

Shred's body disgusted him. It was a funhouse mirror into Howard's failures. He had lost an eye because of himself. Shred lost everything because of him. Grigori had almost lost his adoptive daughter.

"He..." Another breath filled his lungs. "...almost killed me for hurting her. Broke down my door. Super protective. It's not rocket science."

Another breath and wheeze.

"If you had killed her, he would've killed you, and you would've tried to kill him." Another breath. would've hated to see this. "You would've failed."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights