forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
Old, Bold, Tired Soldier [M]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 2:26:02 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Once more was Grigori dragged out to some city, to help with the search of a mythical, powerful avian. Littleroot was the destination this time around. Except this time, they had their own in the back pocket. Yes, this mission was to be done with one Admin Bee.

Wonderful. Actually, scratch that, he couldn’t tell himself that mentally. That was a lie, and he didn’t do those.

Woeful.

It was also a darkly comedic choice. It bothered him, as he stood in the designated meeting spot. On the edge of the town, but close enough to see the people mill around. It was closer to the end of the day, and stars peeked out from the twilight of the evening sky. How long had it been, since this was once disturbed by the throes of war?

How long until the next war rolled along?

These thoughts and worries ate him alive until he couldn’t bear it any longer. He wandered away mindlessly, still in vision but to a nearby pond. Swanna roosted in the center, and various other birds hovered around the edge. Some harassed a Tympole, while others went for the invasive Magikarp that flopped their way into its waters.

Next time, he’d show up on time instead of twenty minutes early.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 19:14:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

Neither wonder nor woe were sentiments would ascribe to his rendezvous with . [break][break]

Curiosity, perhaps, was the better word. [break][break]

Especially when he arrived to see the man loitering by the water, captivated not by the sight of Littleroot Town in the distance, but by the dull workings of insignificant creatures.[break][break]

"I appreciate your punctuality." Barnaby spoke up, moving to stand beside his subordinate at the pond's edge.[break][break]

"You know," He offered after a beat, his cobalt eyes sliding from the water to linger on the other man's face. "You've been on my mind, Grigori. It's why I invited you here." [break][break]

His talk of nuance in the face of Hoenn's tribulations — of ROCKET's tribulations — had been telling. With war looming on the horizon, Admin Bee was curious to probe the grunt's mettle and resolve.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span]filter:grayscale(1);transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-pkmn span:hover]filter:none;transition:0.4s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Rysa

he/him
forty-eight
December 26
Slateport City
asexual
Enforcer
grunt
6"1' height
6"1' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
285 posts
part of
TAG WITH @grigorisokolov
Grigori Sokolov
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 16:05:10 GMT
Grigori Sokolov Avatar
Mr. Bee,” Grigori greeted. His tone flat, and his gaze still focused on the pond. The innocent Pokémon went about their business without care in the world. How nice it must’ve been. Or maybe not– perhaps they’d be victims of war as well. Or worse– forced to join in the conflict by some trainer.

I appreciate the compliment, but I would be lying if I spoke the same about my thoughts on you,” he said. “I have been busy with personal matters, work– always something.

Moving. Helping , helping , helping Rocket. Not only the truth, but a very believable one. But, it was a surprise to hear that his boss thought about him more than he the other.

May I ask why that is? Have I lagged behind my peers in the sudden, grueling training regime?

Unlikely. If anything, he was one of the lucky few who hadn’t had some injury, or doubt, about the whole thing. It was obvious why: War was here, and it would spare no one. He could feel it in his bones.

As if on cue, one of the Swanna finally claimed what it’d been hunting for. A Tympole slid down its gullet in one clean gulp. The rest were not as lucky or uninterested, with one that managed to puck it up between its beak only to fling it across the pond. The grunt grimaced. Even if it was the cycle of life, he did not have to be content with it.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights