He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Forging Frenzy [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 23:11:26 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Noel was a man on a mission. In his journey, he had come across many formidable foes from legendary Pokemon to the strongest Rocket had to offer. Yet each time came with a failure more aggravating than the last. He simply didn't have the power to contend against all these opponents that wielded something far beyond what he was capable of.[break][break]

And so, if inner strength was what he was lacking, it was time to find something that would aid him. During his stay in Lilycove City, he would learn of the blacksmith and her workshop which gained praise from the locals who rendered her services, but all he ever heard of were daily tools for the common person. Surely someone who garnered that much approval from everyone was able to help him craft something. Whether it be a weapon or armor, he cared not.[break][break]

Stepping inside, it was made quite clear to Noel almost immediately that this shop was... well, ordinary. He wasn't sure what he expected. In his heart he was wanting to see weapons, shields and armor all with intricate designs that exuded might. But reality was far more simple than his delusions.[break][break]

Still, he would not give up. Perhaps she was still able to help him. However, she was nowhere in sight. The blue-haired trainer steps up to the front counter, his eyes wandering from left to right in search of the owner. Could she be in the back working on something?[break][break]

"Hello? Is anyone in here?"[break][break] He says with a slightly raised voice, then turning around to lean back against the counter. Now that he had a second to wait, he takes the chance to admire her handiwork all displayed across the shop. Did she really make all these herself?

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,011 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Forging Frenzy [m]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 17:17:37 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Armor is heavy, yet it is a proud burden,
and a man standeth straight in it.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Absorbed in the task of putting finishing touches on a solid steel skillet commissioned by a local chef in Lilycove City, Aurelie almost missed the bright blue light flashing in her workshop. It was part of the alert system that let her know someone was at the front counter of her shop, along with a shrill, ear-splitting airhorn. It was the latter that got her attention, making her jump to her feet.

Dammit, how long have they been waiting? Aurelie thought with alarm. I should've been paying more attention...

Not even putting down the skillet, the red-haired smith whisked off her safety goggles and leather apron with one hand and quickly hurried into the shop. Bustling through the door, she spotted a young man with blue hair leaning back against the front counter, looking around. Almost automatically, she pasted on a friendly customer-service smile as she walked toward him.

"Hi! Sorry if I kept you waiting," Aurelie exclaimed a little breathlessly by way of greeting. "Welcome to the Iron Lady Forge. I'm Aurelie Lefevre, the, uh, the proprietor of this fine establishment."

Her smile turned impish at those last words, acknowledging her own self-congratulatory tone. Clearing her throat, the red-haired smith continued, "Anyway, how can I help you? Are you looking for anything in particular? Maybe a..."

She looked around at her shop and then down at the skillet still clutched in her right hand, as if she'd only just remembered it was there. Brandishing it in front of her, Aurelie chuckled in what she hoped was a charming and disarming fashion. "Can I interest you in some hand-forged steel cookware, maybe? Or has anything else around the shop caught your eye, sir?"

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

| Mission: Putting On a Front

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Forging Frenzy [m]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 15:19:28 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

He's taken by surprise when he hears a voice calling out from behind him. Quickly does he turn around to meet the owner of this shop. What he sees though, is not at all what he expected.[break][break]

His body is left stunned at the red-haired lady standing before him. She must be around the same age as him and yet, from the looks of it, has done so much already in her life. The assumption he had was that someone who was able to craft such renowned pieces for the locals must have been practicing their trade for decades at least. This just goes to show for him that she must be extremely talented in her work.[break][break]

And that she had to be the right person for his request.[break][break]

"Hello! And yes!... Wait... no... Actually what I want is..."[break][break]

The words stutter out of his mouth and he looks absolutely flustered. He pauses for a moment to think. What he wanted to ask was completely out of nowhere and should she deny it, the embarrassment would put him to shame.[break][break]

But here he was now and there was no turning back at this point. Mustering up the courage, he finally lets his thoughts out.[break][break]

"Do you... make anything else other than what you show here? The thing is... Me and my Pokemon have been fighting against some things that we have no chance against sometimes, and I was hoping you could make me something that might... even the odds I guess? A weapon or armor maybe?"[break][break]

Even he knew what he was saying was completely ridiculous to spout at someone he had just met and even worse, a civilian. Someone not caught up in the ordeals that he's had to face time and time again with Rocket and the all-powerful legendary Pokemon that could paralyze him with a simple stare.[break][break]

"Sorry, I know that must be a lot to ask for, and if you don't want to, I won't force you. I'll be up and out of your way if you don't think its possible."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,011 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Forging Frenzy [m]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 22:35:52 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]At first, Aurelie frowned quizzically when the blue-haired young man in the middle of her shop initially started stammering and second-guessing himself. She'd guessed at first that he was about her age, but the uncertain, almost painfully earnest quality to his words made him seem younger.

Then, she couldn't help smiling when he burst into a spontaneous, heartfelt torrent of words about why he'd come to her shop and what he was looking for. Honestly, it was endearing! She had heard similar requests before from League trainers, but the hopeful note in his voice tugged at her heart a little.

Thus, Aurelie found it somewhat harder than usual to give him her normal canned response. "I'm sorry, sir, but I don't make weapons here in this shop. Everything that you see here is meant to be used strictly as a tool, not as a means for endangering or harming anyone.

"So, that means no knives, no swords, no polearms, none of that."
The words came easily to her now, after many repetitions to numerous nameless recipients. The red-haired smith shrugged and crossed her arms. "Too many legal drawbacks, too many potentially bad situations that could cause me to lose my shop. You know how it is."

Unless, of course, the user isn't concerned about following the law in the first place, she mentally amended, thinking of her Rocket customers. But somehow, I doubt that's the case with this guy.

Yet, despite her best efforts to stay professional, Aurelie couldn't help wincing a little at how blunt her own reply sounded. She didn't want to just leave him with that. Besides, it seemed like bad customer service to simply tell someone who wanted to pay you money, "No, I'm sorry, I can't help you."

With a start of inspiration, she perked up abruptly and spoke again. "Oh! But you did mention armor, didn't you? Not many people have ever asked me for that, so I didn't even catch it at first. But..."

Aurelie rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "I don't think I have the facilities here—or, frankly, the knowledge anymore—to forge you a full suit of plate mail armor or anything like that. Nor can I make you modern ballistics armor, since that's mostly Kevlar and ceramics.

"However..."
Aurelie leaned forward, a glint of excitement and speculation in her eye. "I do think I could try making smaller-scale armor. Maybe...not for you? But for your Pokemon instead? Would you—and they, for that matter—be okay with something like that?"

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Forging Frenzy [m]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 3:51:40 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Now this was a turn he didn't expect at all. While being told no was something he was somewhat prepared for, now a new opportunity had presented itself. [break][break]

How selfish he was being. So blinded in his pursuit of power that he had completely forgotten that his strength didn't come from him alone. His eyes light up at this new aspect, his body leaning forward against the counter with his excitement being unable to contain itself.[break][break]

"Wait... Really? Yes, please! They're of the same opinion as me, isn't that right buddy?"[break][break]

As if in response to his question, a small Shaymin pops out from its ball from his belt, landing neatly on top of the counter in between Noel and Aurelie with a cheery squeak. It turns to the shop owner and waves to her with a single paw, a smile forming on its face just like its trainer.[break][break]

"Do you think you could make something so small though? Plus it would be kind of heavy for it too... But I bet you'll be able to make something perfect. Hmmm... I wonder if it won't get in the way though..."[break][break]

He was speaking as if he was the one with the capability to forge the armor. His mind began to lose itself in all the possibilities. From design to practicality, these thoughts ran rampant in his head, things that the expert in the field would probably be better at handling.[break][break]

It wasn't until the hedgehog jumped up to give Noel a smack right across his cheek to wake him up. Even with how tiny it is, it still managed to pack a punch. He recoils back a bit before rubbing a hand on the injury.[break][break]

"Ow..."[break][break]

His senses finally return back to him. Now that he had recomposed himself, he remembers his manners and introduces himself.[break][break]

"Oh sorry I got carried away there heh... I'm Noel Parker. It's good to meet you Aurelie, and I would really appreciate your help if you really think you can."[break][break]

Embarrassment washes over his face. Getting eccentric over something was rare for him, and maybe it was because she was a stranger, that he could pour his heart out on something like this to her.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,011 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Forging Frenzy [m]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 17:51:20 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]At the unexpected sight of the Shaymin popping out of its Pokeball seemingly of its own volition and landing on the counter, Aurelie gasped softly in wonder, before letting out a delighted giggle. "Oh, my gosh! Ahh, it's so cute! Yes, you are!" she cooed adoringly at the small, blossoming Pokemon.

Though Aurelie had a Shaymin of her own—a fact that never failed to surprise her, to this day—she was still struggling to bond with it. Clearly, Noel didn't have that problem. Her eye widened in surprise when his Shaymin felt bold enough to slap him with its paw to attract his attention.

"Oh, is the armor going to be for this little fellow?" she asked, looking back up at the young man. "I thought it would be for something more aggressive, though..."

An amused grin broke across her face as she added, "I can see your Shaymin is a fierce one! Sometimes, it's the little cute ones you gotta watch out for, right?"

His enthusiasm about her armor idea was infectious, so much so that the red-haired smith found herself beaming back at him, swept up by the possibilities. Even if she'd noticed any hint of presumptuousness or poor manners on Noel's part, Aurelie wouldn't have cared. Who could blame him when the idea of Pokemon armor was so fun?

"First, I'm honored that you believe I'll be able to make something perfect for your friend here," she replied, her expression softening into a gentle smile. "I can't make any promises about perfection, but I promise I'll do my best to be worthy of your trust.

"Second..."
She tilted her head to one side. "Honestly, I've never made anything like this before. I've made armor for humans but never for Pokemon. This'll be a first for me, so I appreciate your trust in me all the more."

Taking a deep breath, Aurelie turned her gaze to the Shaymin. Her single uncovered eye narrowed as she watched it move and mentally tried to calculate its size and weight. "I think...I think I should be able to make it light enough to be comfortable for your Shaymin, if I use..."

She whispered a little under her breath, a few words like "magnesium" and "specialized alloy" coming through. "Maybe something like a form of lamellar armor," she mused aloud, "with metal scales laced together with wire or strong cord.

"That way, it can be a little more flexible and easy to put on, but the scales will still deflect or soften attacks coming at it."
Aurelie glanced over at Noel, raising an eyebrow inquisitively. "How does that sound to you, sir?"

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
702 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Forging Frenzy [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 15:32:54 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Aurelia is a braver person than Noel. Shaymin's cuteness was of no debate, and as much as he wanted to, he couldn't bring himself to join in her exhilarating behavior out of sheer embarrassment. In his off time, and when he was alone, he would spend hours just admiring the little hedgehog and petting its soft fur, sometimes to the dismay of the creature. A detail that he would never share with anyone under any circumstance.[break][break]

"That's right! Every other of my Pokemon already have natural armor of their own or ways to reduce any damage they take... but not this one. It can easily get hurt and even though we try to not take any risks, sometimes you have no choice." He replies back to her first question.[break][break]

He remembers their recent struggle against , a thief that managed to elude him after an intense battle that left both Noel and his Shaymin out of commission for a few days due to their injuries... and among other things. With help from Aurelie, just maybe he wouldn't have to see his companion hurt ever again.[break][break]

"Don't worry, I guess this is going to be something new we'll tackle on together. If there's anything you need from town, or even outside of it, I'll be happy to help."[break][break]

Having only just met the blacksmith only minutes ago, already was he willing to put his entire faith into her abilities. Always was he trusting of others, even to a fault. Who knows how many people had taken advantage of his kindness already? Better that way than to forgo his morals. At least, that's what he liked to tell himself.[break][break]

Noel and his Shaymin looked on in wonder as Aurelie began to mumble about all the different ways she could create this armor. It seemed as though she was already hard at work. The grass-type nuzzles its head onto her hand atop the counter, having taken a liking to her already. Or perhaps it was trying to ease her mind.[break][break]

His body flinches slightly when he's asked one more question suddenly. While he didn't fully understand what she was saying at the end, he'd be more than content with anything she suggested.[break][break]

"Uhh, y-yes! That sounds great! And even if it doesn't work the first time, we'll just keep trying again until it does. I guess the only thing left now is... when do we start?"

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights