saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
submission
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 8:50:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphtxt"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphicon"]
a month after the incident, matias returns home to the ranch to continue his recovery. he minded the surveillance once, having felt observed and distrusted, but now he views it in a different light, appreciating the added level of security and freedom it allows him.

today's visitor is none other than . he awaits her arrival by the lake, having situated himself on a lonesome bench that overlooks the grand view of a home he once shared with her. his arcanine lays by his feet, ears twitching in response to approaching footsteps.

he turns, nodding.

"eva."
[attr="class","retiredsilphtag"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphpkmn"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,744 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
submission
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 4:40:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Hoenn nearly shattered under the oppressive weight of its own guardian. The people were shaken and the League competency questioned. In a time of such turmoil, Eva has remained mysteriously quiet, absent in some sense. Her work got done, but her office door remained closed and one could rarely find her at her listed residence. Rayquaza too had been quiet. The dragon retreated to the heavens to recover in peace amongst the stars.

Many expected her to be right there by his side for his recovery. Primal Intoxication was, after all, one of her specialties. Her science was sound and the instructions clear. No one needed her to oversee it.

Too much time alone with her own thoughts and reflections of the crisis has turned her against her coveted peace. Uncharacteristic tempests and gales that tore across the remote Southern cliffs of Ever Grande Island reflected the turmoil that raged inside.

She is angry. Very angry.

Eva felt it was best not to come with Rayquaza. She could still feel a whisper of the dragon’s insatiable appetite to tear him limb from limb. Instead, she uses the familiar Gallade to TELEPORT home so she can’t hesitate and turn back around.

Everyone has to face their demons, eventually.

She doesn’t greet him in the same way. She can’t say his name. It dies on her parted lips as if something snatched it right out of her throat. She had thought about this moment so many times and prepared herself for what it might feel like to see him alive. A part of her thought it would be joyful, but the storm of feelings raging through her chest is anything but.

Instead of speaking, she just stares at him with unmistakable confusion that she fails to hide in her emerald eyes.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
submission
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 4:56:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

free from the heavy influence that once controlled every fiber of his being, down to his thoughts and emotions, he looks at her with the same way, reflecting unmistakable confusion as he's unsure why it's there in the first place.

there are too many emotions for him to even attempt to parse through. asking is the simplest solution.

"what's wrong?"

but it almost feels selfish to put the onus on her to tell him when he knows what she's been through; what hoenn's been through as a result of his hubris.

the ears of his arcanine perk as it raises its head to look at eva, its tongue drooping out its mouth.

matias gestures to the spot next to him on the bench.

"sit with me."

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,744 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
submission
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 5:25:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 What’s wrong?!

Fire flashes briefly in her eyes. The dam almost cracks, threatening to drown him in a torrent of guilt and fault. He knows what’s wrong. But the foundation of the dam holds strong, because Eva Morales is resilient. Really, it’s the way he looks at her that fortifies the weaknesses. It’s Matias that looks at her, not the shell of him that had been parading around Hoenn for the last two years.

The movement of the Arcanine catches her attention. For a moment, her gaze bounces over to the fire-type. No doubt, it’s a painful reminder of the sacrifice made that Matias chooses to keep close to him. Perhaps it keeps him tethered to reality. The loss of the Champion and the bitter memories of his crumpled form disappearing in flames brings a single tear to the edge of her glistening eyes. She hastily wipes it away. It could have just as easily been a tear shed for Matias at that moment.

Eva approaches the bench with a few cautious steps but doesn’t round the corner to sit as gently commanded. She remains standing in unconscious defiance, just behind the bench while keeping his gaze. Her fingers curl around the back of it, giving her something solid to hold on to.

“You seem . . . different,” is what she finally says, a tentative observation becuase she’s not convinced of it quite yet.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
submission
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 7:05:20 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

his head turns back to the serene lake before them, not minding how she stands behind the bench instead of accepting his invitation. he'd extended the branch; that's all he can do at this point.

"so they say."

he chuckles.

"different, normal, sane. it's a wonder what dying will do for you."

from clearing blackheads to freeing the mind, he sits not a new man but a free one. but everything comes at a cost; this is no different even for him.

"you seem different, too." he peers up at her. "tired, restless, angry."

subtly, he wonders if rayquaza is influencing her the same way groudon influenced him. if anyone could see the signs, it'd be the volatile.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,744 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
submission
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 6:10:26 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Dying. The idea of it washes over her like a gentle wave but leaves a strong frown of distaste that tugs the corner of her pink lips down. It wasn’t the first time she had watched him die, and it wasn’t any easier. None of this was easy. She doubts but hopes, is angry but grateful, cautious but fearless all at the same time. In all honesty, she doesn’t know where her place is in all this, what role she’s supposed to play.

She promised once she’d never lie to him, so she doesn’t, “I am,” she admits with a gentle shrug, “I’m all those things . . . and more.”

Her weight shifts forward, leaning more into the stability of the solid bench in front of her. A part of her wants to be gentle with him, show patience. Another part of her burns hot with the desire to be fierce, and forward. To chastise him and put him in his place for everything he had put them through. Put her through.

Despite it all she does allow a smile to seep through, “Let’s be honest, Matias, you’ve never been normal,” she says it with an easy, playful cadence. Familiar, but unpracticed.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,069 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
submission
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 6:49:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

tired, restless, and angry are words he would have never used to describe eva; tired, maybe, but only due to how devoted she is to her work, but even then, it's a different kind of tired; this kind clouds her eyes and weighs on her mind, drowning instead of anchoring.

"no, i guess not. my normal has always been a little skewed."

but they both know what he meant. her easy, playful cadence is reflected in kind.

after a beat, he asks,

"want to talk about it?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights