saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 7:08:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","retiredsilphbg"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphtxt"]

[attr="class","retiredsilphicon"]
much to his surprise, they allow him control of his phone, returning it to him shortly after his return to the ranch. he suspects they've installed all kinds of tracking on it, but he finds that he doesn't mind it anymore. whatever helps them now helps him.

a few days after his return, he invites his friend over; someone who had met him at his worst but only saw what he wanted them to see. he wonders now, as he watches them approach the steps of his porch, what they think of him.

"hey."

should he smile? he smiles.

"thanks for coming."
[attr="class","retiredsilphtag"]

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
i'm the ugliest guy on the lower east side, but i've got wheels and you want to go for a ride.
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 11:23:49 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rizzy eddiealt"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","textbody"]
[attr="class","postbody"]
Eddie had never been particularly good at thinking things through. [break][break]

He was a man often driven by heartfelt impulse, gut instinct, and emotion that flooded him so profoundly that it sometimes drowned the levees of reason that kept more sensible folks in check. If he would have just stopped to consider the implications of meeting with Matias, it was unlikely that he would have found himself here, quickly approaching his house with long strides. [break][break]

Or maybe he would have been set on this path anyway. On the one hand, there were plenty of things that should've given him pause, least of which were the godlike powers at Matias' beck and call, witnessed by Eddie firsthand in the Chasm (the term avatar was still strange and new on his clumsy tongue). There was also the matter of Mt. Chimney, because while the official statement from the League was vague and reassuring, the fact of the matter was that two men went up that mountain and only one came back down. Eddie didn't expect foul play, exactly, but something about the circumstances still nagged at him. [break][break]

On the other hand, Matias was still his friend, plain and simple, and his friend was hurt. In the end, that was all the reason Eddie needed to accept the invitation to visit, just the simple reality of what bond he felt he had with the other man. He'd always been god-awful at using his head, but it was rare that his heart had ever steered him wrong. [break][break]

So Eddie smiled back, bright and sincere, as Matias greeted him from the porch. The older man watched his feet as he stepped up, careful not to trip, with one hand gently holding a small box full of donuts and the other more firmly gripping a bouquet of white hyacinths and lilies and delphinium, [break][break]

“Sure thing,” Eddie replied with a nod, “You hungry?”

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","bannercolor"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".eddiealt"]--accent: #d4a53c!important; --headercolor: #d4a53c!important; [/newclas]
[newclass=".rizzy"]--accent: #d4a53c; --headercolor: #80687A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy"]width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:15px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy b"]font: 500 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy i"]opacity:0.8; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:solid underline #444; text-underline-offset:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .inner"]display: flex; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .sidebar"]background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/8f/57/fa8f57a1b250fc89dfeee5a8a1efc829.jpg) center no-repeat; background-size: cover; min-height: 300px; max-height: 750px; width: 100px; margin: 15px; border: solid 9px #222; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .textbody"]width: 350px; align-items:center; background-color:#262626; border-radius:0px 15px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .postbody"]padding: 30px 30px 0px 25px;  color: #eee; text-align: justify; font: 10px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes"]text-align: center; font: 11px/15px 'Poppins'; color: #666; border-top: 1px solid #303030; padding-top:10px; margin:0px 20px 10px 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes a"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .bannercolor"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--headercolor); height: 20px; border-radius: 0px 0px 15px 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".rizzy .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 7px; bottom: 24px;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy .mcredits a"]font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#222; opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 4:26:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

to be met with a response so bright and sincere feels jarring and almost out of place as others have regarded him differently. some come seeking justice, some come asking questions, but he appreciates how few tiptoed around the volcano in the room, straightforward with what they wanted from him.

he can't get a read on the man in front of him yet as they present him with a small box of donuts and a bouquet of flowers. he eyes the latter, raising an eyebrow before chuckling.

"those for me?"

then, he looks up at eddie.

"depends. did you get one with jelly?"

[newclass=.retiredsilphbg]background:url('https://file.garden/ZcNUTDRVyFfOaQBf/RP/matias/matiasgoodbye.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#a6847c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphdice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphtxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphpkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.retiredsilphart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.retiredsilphartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
i'm the ugliest guy on the lower east side, but i've got wheels and you want to go for a ride.
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 15:25:25 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

“You bet!” [break][break]

Eddie held up the bouquet for Matias to get a closer look. Flowers were a pretty standard 'get well' gift, based on what limited experience Eddie had in these sort of situations. And besides, if the cold month of February had taught him anything, it was that the subtle meanings of each bloom could convey what his inelegant words could not... or maybe that was just how the florists kept suckering him into buying their wares. The damn marketing got him every time, [break][break]

“Oh yeah, got a variety of 'em, 'cause I wasn't sure what you'd like. But I'm callin' dibs on the one with the whipped filling.”[break][break]

Maybe he shouldn't be treating this so casually, Eddie thought distantly, after everything that must have happened to the other man. But maybe this was the sort of thing Matias needed right now.

[newclass=".eddiealt"]--accent: #d4a53c!important; --headercolor: #d4a53c!important; [/newclas]
[newclass=".rizzy"]width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:15px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy b"]font: 500 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy i"]opacity:0.8; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-style:italic; text-decoration:solid underline #444; text-underline-offset:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .sidebar"]background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fa/8f/57/fa8f57a1b250fc89dfeee5a8a1efc829.jpg) center no-repeat; background-size: cover; min-height: 300px; max-height: 750px; width: 100px; margin: 15px; border: solid 9px #222; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .textbody"]width: 350px; align-items:center; background-color:#262626; border-radius:0px 15px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .postbody"]padding: 30px 30px 0px 25px;  color: #eee; text-align: justify; font: 10px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .oocnotes"]text-align: center; font: 11px/15px 'Poppins'; color: #666; border-top: 1px solid #303030; padding-top:10px; margin:0px 20px 10px 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".rizzy .bannercolor"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--headercolor); height: 20px; border-radius: 0px 0px 15px 15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".rizzy .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 7px; bottom: 24px;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy .mcredits a"]font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#222; opacity:0;[/newclass][newclass=".rizzy:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 4:09:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

flowers remind him of . this would not be the first time he's thought of her since the incident atop mount chimney, the remnants of the CORRUPTED RED SHARD still flowing through his veins, but he buries the memories before they could rise.

he reaches out and accepts the bouquet with a soft smile, holding it closer to peruse through. "white hyacinths…lilies…huh. i don't know what these are." delphinium? he chooses not to guess.

looking back up at eddie, he nods, heeding their dibs before making a gesture off the porch.

"i've been inside all day. come, walk with me."

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 11:21:06 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

“I, uh, don't remember what they are either,” Eddie admitted with a bashful peel of laughter, “The lady at the flower shop told me, but I musta forgot between here and there.” [break][break]

He'd have to check the crumpled receipt in his pocket later, not that it actually mattered in the grand scheme of things. Or maybe he could just return to the storefront back in Lilycove; Eddie was half-tempted to do so anyway if something as simple as flowers could bring such a gentle smile to his friend's face. [break][break]

Carefully tucking the box of donuts under one arm, Eddie followed the other man off the porch and away for their walk. Movement was a good way to work out the nervous energy that suddenly started to seize him as they took those first few steps, but there was still that uncomfortable bit of anticipation that no amount of exercise could work away. [break][break]

What could he even say to Matias? Eddie had nothing to offer other than what he imagined closer and fonder friends had probably already said. Should he extend his condolences? Well wishes on whatever recovery still awaited him? Should he ask the very typical and very dumb question of how he was holding up after whatever he'd been through? None of it sounded right to Eddie as he looked out over the rolling green of the ranch and to the clear waters of the lake beyond. [break][break]

He thought again of the flowers he could not name, and before he could think better of it, Eddie suddenly found himself speaking up, [break][break]

“You ever heard the old story of where hyacinths came from?”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 7:24:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

eddie's admission is met with a nod. with it comes understanding and clarification to clear any assumptions he might have been making in his head. he may be no green thumb but he is familiar with the language of flowers, knowing what white hyacinths and lilies are supposed to mean, but in this case, they mean nothing more than a friendly gesture.

holding the bouquet in one arm, he walks slowly, not at the pace of someone injured but of someone who attempting to enjoy the moment.

"i haven't."

his head shakes before he turns. the way he looks at his friend should be evident enough: tell me.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 12:07:43 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

Ah, now he'd gone and done it. If Eddie had any chance of worming his way out of this one, it vanished the moment he caught that look of interest on Matias' face. So Eddie averted his eyes, a little embarrassed that he'd have to follow through on his flight of fancy, and cleared his throat, [break][break]

“Well, uh, it's an old myth, outta some place to the east a'Paldea,” he began, moving his free hand to rub the back of his neck, “First heard it in my Classical Lit class back in high school. One'a those courses they make you take before you can graduate.” [break][break]

But he was getting sidetracked now, wasn't he? Eddie paused for a moment as he tried to dredge up the specifics from the annals of his memory, [break][break]

“But it goes somethin' like this; There was once a prince of a kingdom of warriors named Hyacinth. Now, some'a the specifics of the story can get a little fuzzy, but one'a the only details that never changes is the fact that this guy was drop dead fuckin' gorgeous.” [break][break]

Eddie smiled, boyish and playful, [break][break]

“He had men and gods practically worshiping the ground he walked on, but outta all the people that came callin', he eventually decided to shack up with the resident sun god. That, uh, was the beginning of the end, so to speak.” [break][break]

The smile faded a little; now came the sad part, [break][break]

“The two were real happy together; the sun god gave Hyacinth some'a his divine knowledge and powers, and even gave up his favorite place on earth just so they could pal around the prince's hometown. One day while they're hangin' out, the sun god is teachin' Hyacinth this discus game – this ain't Frisbee, mind you, a real discus is heavy as shit and made'a rock.” [break][break]

An unfortunate bit of foreshadowing, [break][break]

“And wouldn't ya know it, wham!, Hyacinth gets brained by a discus flyin' back at him.” [break][break]

Eddie sighed through his nose, his shoulders slackening just a little. He had a soft spot for love stories, but vastly preferred the ones with happier endings, [break][break]

“The sun god tried ta do everything he could to save him, but he couldn't bring Hyacinth back from his injuries, and the prince died in his arms. And the sun god, sick with grief, even tried to ask the god a'death to make him mortal, so he could follow Hyacinth to the afterlife. The death god wouldn't go for it, and there wasn't a lot else the sun god could do, so he created something in memory of the prince he loved.” [break][break]

His eyes drifted to the flowers Matias held in his arm, [break][break]

“He made flowers that bloomed from the prince's spilled blood, and named 'em after him. And that's how we got hyacinths.” [break][break]

It was a story he had a soft spot for, but he was quickly starting to regret having shared it in the first place. It probably didn't interest Matias at all, Eddie realized, so he just turned away again with another bashful laugh, [break][break]

“Sorry, that prob'ly sounds kinda dumb. Don't know why it stuck with me for all these years.” [break][break]

A dismissive white lie so he could move on to safer topics.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 10:20:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

surrounded by lush trees, complimented by a serene lake, and backdropped by rolling mountains, he could think of worst ways to spend a late afternoon.

throughout the whole story, he listens intently, drawn to the way eddie's voice sounds; the inflections, the pauses; while also invested in the story, much to his surprise.

at the end of it, he could only chuckle.

"that's a real long way to call me gorgeous but i'll take it."

his hold on the bouqet grows a little tighter.

"purity, love, and prayer. that's what white hyacinths are supposed to mean."

he turns, smiling.

"but i like your story better."

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 11:02:41 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

Eddie's face flushed fire engine red. That sort of flattery wasn't his intention, but Matias wasn't entirely wrong either. He was, in fact, gorgeous, but more in a way that reminded Eddie of the sun god in his story rather than the prince. Matias was beautiful, and striking, and yeah, sure, he also had divine powers at his command, but there was something distant about him, too. Like he belonged to the ethereal realm of the firmament while Eddie remained a base-born creature of the earth. Like he hadn't existed on this mortal plane until their first chance encounter just outside of Rustboro. Like if Matias looked at him, really looked, he would realize how wanting this flesh and blood man really was. [break][break]

But Matias wasn't a god, Eddie reminded himself as the man turned to him. He too was made of flesh and blood, and of those soft smiles and patient understanding, and that was worth more to Eddie than the blessing or ire of any god, [break][break]

“Well, then I'll hafta find another one to tell ya next time,” Eddie grinned, because how could he not when Matias was smiling at him? “But I'll try to find somethin' less sad.” [break][break]

His grin turned into something a little more teasing, [break][break]

“And somethin' involving more gorgeous princes, if that's your sorta thing.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 6:49:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

at one point in time, matias would have considered himself a god. he felt untouchable and invincible; not saved by divine intervention but by his own making. everything fell under his command because he could control it all.

but in the end, it was his hubris that became his undoing. there's a story like that, isn't there?

his grin shifts as well, teasing.

"and what's your sort of thing, eddie? princes or gods?"

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 10:57:40 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

It shouldn't have been possible for Eddie's face to get any redder, but he was sure that it had, somehow. Matias was probably just fucking with him, right? This was just some funny little jab, like the times he had called him 'good-looking' or 'handsome'. Maybe he just liked watching people squirm. [break][break]

But on the other hand, there was something so tantalizing about the idea of answering honestly, a candid unraveling of something kept tightly bound. After all, wasn't that why he'd been so forthcoming with Matias when they first met? How was this any different? [break][break]

“Well, uh, neither, I guess?” Eddie admitted bashfully. [break][break]

He turned to look out onto some stretch of verdant grass, because it was suddenly becoming quite difficult to keep his eyes trained on Matias as he continued, [break][break]

“See, the thing is, both princes and gods are above you; they can love the people that serve 'em, sure, but I don't know if they can really know 'em. A god doesn't know what it's like ta live as a mortal, and a prince doesn't know what it's like ta live as a commoner.” [break][break]

And Eddie was about as common as one could get, [break][break]

“I'd rather have someone next ta me rather than above me. A boots on the ground, salt of the earth type'a guy. A guy who knows me. A guy who's gonna be at my side when shit hits the fan instead'a bein' above it all.” [break][break]

In a different life, Eddie would have chosen his words with much more care. Back in Cascarrafa, he had gotten rather good at dancing around pronouns and hiding behind vague, noncommittal bullshit. It was a skill-set carefully crafted over years of his mother asking why he hadn't settled down yet, and during times when some of the bawdier of his construction crew cohorts pressed him for the more lurid details of his private life. [break][break]

But this? This was about as honest as it got. And something about it was terrifying, sure, and set Eddie's teeth on edge, but there was some relief there, too, even if his admission had still been rather indirect. [break][break]

His shoulders slackened, free of some unseen weight and tension, and Eddie laughed softly, [break][break]

“What about you? Princes or gods? Or princesses or goddesses, whatever you're into.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 6:21:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

honesty fills the space between them, forming a bubble of warmth and security; one he happily places himself in.

"i thought myself a god once. i still thought that when i met you, actually, that i was this mortal turned god, blessed with powers by the being that helped shape the continent we stand on. i thought myself special. i thought myself above others."

he thinks back to interactions he's had with , , and even ; he had always positioned himself above them, viewing them in a negative light because he believed they would never be on the same level as him. they would never achieve the same things he had.

"but that's not who i really am. i lost myself along the way and never realized it until it was too late."

until the EARTH SPIKE pierced through and claimed their life.

"all i've wanted was to be understood…to be with someone next to me, like you said. doesn't matter what they are, just as long as they truly know me."

and he had that with , then , before he lost them because of himself.

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 20:26:18 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

That was a hell of a place to be in, Eddie thought as he puzzled over Matias' words. Though the realm of avatarship was beyond his reach, Eddie suddenly began to realize what a terrible burden those powers must actually be. To be so alienated from your fellow man was a cruel trade-off for the abilities that these fickle beings bestowed upon their vassals. [break][break]

But there was still hope there, if for no other reason than the fact that all of Matias' admissions of his narcissism were in the past tense, [break][break]

“Can't even imagine what it must'a been like, bein' in that kinda headspace,” Eddie replied, “And hell, this may not mean much, comin' from a bleedin' heart like me, but- ” [break][break]

He hesitated for a moment. Eddie really didn't know what it must be like to be Matias. Hell, he didn't know much more about the man than the region he came from and his name. Maybe it'd be presumptuous to offer his own take on things, but maybe it'd be crueler to only respond to such an admission with something dismissive. So Eddie continued, as heartfelt as he ever was, [break][break]

“I think you'll find what you're lookin' for. Hell, you're already off to as good of a start as you can get, bein' open and honest. You'd be surprised how many people're willing to listen, and in the end, I think that's the real first step ta understanding.” [break][break]

Just as it was now, and surely there were others who knew and loved Matias enough to listen when the time came. Eddie was certain that he couldn't have been the only one to regard the man so fondly.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
at my worst
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 4:27:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar

"i used to think everyone was out to get me, that it was them against me. but, really, i was just dumb as shit."

dumb is understating it but it's said for the sake of not diverting this conversation toward the docks of burnt bridges that lay as a result of his pride and arrogance. he's glad this one isn't on its way to being burnt.

after a soft chuckle, he tilts his gaze back at his friend.

"you're right. and who knows? maybe i've already found what i'm looking for."

there's an ease to the way he teases eddie. it feels familiar and comfortable in a way he can't quite describe.