Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2024 21:00:21 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Continued from here and here in Prismatic Penitentiary.
Trust.

Trust.

Trust. Trust. Trust.

The word repeats itself over and over again in your head. Pleading to you, demanding to be said. The rhythm repeats and repeats, banging on your skull and echoing into your brain. All you have to do is say one word to save everybody and yourself. One word. Just say it.

"T... Tr... TrYUURKGH--"

You cough. You choke. And then, you vomit. Shades of brown and green and yellow and red and black and puce pour from the hole in your mask, splattering across the ground. For a moment, you freeze up. Your eyes nervously glance between the Megalopolans, the warden, and the Toxic Chain around your neck. For better or for worse, there seems to be no punishment for throwing up. So, you continue to retch and heave and retch and heave until your stomach is empty and your throat stops bleeding.

Meltan... Fucking Meltan... He didn't deserve that. None of them did. And he didn't even have a chance...! They just fucking killed him without letting him defend himself... And it's all because of you...

"...Lulu..."

You don't turn to look at her. Instead, you gaze down at her kneeling shadow, as though looking at a reflection in the water. It's so unfortunate, isn't it? That of all the people she could've been stuck with, it had to be with you? That of all the people that had to carry your burden, it had to be her? It's tragic enough to make a man weep, had you any tears left to cry.

"...I fucked it all up again, Lulu." You numbly admit, as though you just lost an argument you never even had. "I keep fucking it up. I don't think I've ever not fucked it up..."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 0:38:13 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
suddenly, she pieced it together.[break][break]

the familiar sound of his screaming. the way he said her name. that bit about ‘finishing what he’d started’, since the events on route 119, and all his searching thereafter.[break][break]

”shred.”[break][break]

she’d not seen the man since his attack on palkia, and all the brutal damage he’d suffered. still, even in the labs and research stations of area zero, she’d heard bits and pieces of the story of his ruthless if not senseless bravery. but how far would it get him there?[break][break]

the smell of sweat, blood, now vomit in the room was almost too much. she had to lean away, nearly losing herself for a moment before turning back.[break][break]

stop,” she demanded firmly. ”none of it matters now. now we move forward and stay alive. we figure it out.[break][break]

but he was not doing well. she could see blood in his vomit. how much more could he take? how could she stop him from sacrificing himself?[break][break]

”don’t leave me here.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 5:06:33 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
To say you're not doing well is the understatement of the century.

You're a wreck of a human being. Your skin is a forest of ash and cinder upon barren earth. Your missing arm aches with phantom pain at memory's slightest provocation. Your eyes... They're so tired. Even when you burn with fury, they never really light up like they used to. And all that? All that was before today.

Rivers of red flood across a graveyard of char. The revenant of your past self is on the brink of being exorcised. If you close your eyes right now, you might never open them again.

And it would be so easy, too. To let them fall. To shut out the world. To let the sun set on Shred Zeppelin, and just...

”Stop.”

You obey. You don't know why. You just do.

”None of it matters now. Now we move forward and stay alive. We figure it out.”

Easy for her to say. Lulu Flint, who has known more than you could ever forget. Lulu Flint, who has survived things even worse than what you've gone through. Lulu Flint, who has solved mysteries the likes of which would've taken you eons to understand. The strong. This intelligent. The beautiful. The wise. She's got everything you don't have, and more besides.

You can't do it. You're supposed to be wild and pure and forever free. Instead, you're chained and tainted and enslaved. How are you supposed to move forward, stay alive, figure it out like this?

”Don’t leave me here.”

Uh oh.

With a groan, you begin the arduous climb back to your feet. It's difficult, with the state you're in. Even breathing, with your bruised ribs and bile-choked throat, is a struggle. The mere act of being is painful. Moving? Is ten times worse. Still, you manage to drag yourself up to your knees. For a moment, you consider trying to rise to your feet, but as soon as that moment passes, you discard the idea outright. No point. Sooner or later, you'll just get tossed back down anyway.

"Alright." You crane your head to look up at your cellmate. Your eyes are defeated. But, they're still open. "I'm here. I'm here with you. And I'll stay here with you until it's all over. I..."

You shouldn't.

"...Promise."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 19:54:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
that slip in the labs about ‘love’ had been strange, and she’d not thought much of it until now. but he’d protected her from that sableye without a second thought or an ounce of resentment, hadn’t he?[break][break]

his reaction to being held with her in the same cell had given this strategy a 50/50 chance. maybe he’d suddenly taken a disliking to her.[break][break]

but even in that panic, there had been a curious hint of something: the word ‘us’.[break][break]

as he lifted himself off the ground in a surprising display of resilience, it occurred to her that ‘us’ meant something significant to him – and while that realization might have felt unnerving otherwise, at that moment, it didn’t. he did not seem threatening. he seemed on the verge of death.[break][break]

she rose from the ground with him, looking back from behind her bizarre mask. he would find little pity in her gaze. there was only determination.[break][break]

”we will get through this,” she assured him. ”together.” though it was quite difficult to believe herself.[break][break]

she leaned in closer, as she eyed the glimmer of tera crystals in the ceiling and whispered, ”i think i have an idea.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 23:33:37 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
You will get through this... You must get through this... You have to get through this...

If not for yourself, then for her.

She has an idea. She doesn't say what it is, but you can see the kaleidoscopic shimmer reflecting in her eyes. It makes sense. After all, Lulu was the one who initially introduced you to the potential of Tera Crystals, wasn't she? Back when you thought they were nothing more than a novel gimmick and a quick buck. Your days of scrounging around caves and tunnels with feel so quaint now, don't they? When your biggest enemies were your nictoine addiction and the cost of rent. Now, you stand across from primal and undeniable forces, Space and Envy and Infection and Fire.

Part of you wishes you were back then. Living that carefree life in those days without worry. Though, given where you've found yourself, any time and any place would be better than here and now.

But as much as you'd like to, you can't linger in your memories for long. Not when you can't take Lulu with you.

"The Tera Crystals?" You murmur, though you don't look towards the ceiling. The wound is too raw. It'll only hurt you all the more if you do. Still, you've interacted with them enough to understand what she means. "You think we can summon something to help break us out?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 23:07:27 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
her idea was vague; more of a nebulous thought that could hardly be considered a plan yet. she needed more time to observe, but her realization still provided a modicum of hope.[break][break]

the controls on the spaceship under route 119 had changed beneath her fingers, and she’d not been the only one to experience the phenomenon. it had seemed made from the stuff of dreams, malleable by wishes within close proximity.[break][break]

perhaps this place was the same, born of their captors’ desires to return home.[break][break]

she nodded, ”maybe. i think the crystals might be our way out, one way or another. they’ve given us an escape before.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 1:13:00 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Well, it was something.

Not something you can claim you're particularly excited about, mind. If Tera Crystals truly can be made to acquiesce, to bend to the will of an outsider, then you're too late: The Toxic Chain has already taken a hold of them. They're dancing like puppets on strings, just like the Megalopolans, just like you. Even if they weren't, could she manage to sway the fickle power of collective consciousness in her favour? Could you?

A tiny cut on the palm of your hand itches. A bite where you'd held your makeshift knife too tightly. A reminder, however small, of the consequences of failure. The cost of rebellion in all forms. You take a deep breath.

It's not the answer you were hoping for, but it was the only answer you were ever going to get.

"Alr--"

Before you can even begin to reply, you're interrupted by grating barks, grinding machinery, and the shifting of Megalopolans. Whatever you were going to say, it'll have to wait. Your punishment, and surviving it, come first and foremost.

(CONTINUED IN ROUND 4 OF PRISMATIC PENITENTIARY)
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 4:07:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
continued from here.[break][break]

once back behind bars, she turned away from the center of the room, shivering as she peeled off wet clothes and changed into fresh ones. if he decided to be bold and peek, she wouldn’t notice through her thousand yard stare. her rage still roared through the gaping, toothy face of the dragon across her abdomen – an infamous symbol in the criminal underbelly of galar.[break][break]

her attention was divided to the cell next to them, which she was now sure held and . she didn't dare to reach out to her and reveal their closeness, for fear of violence ensuing just out of her reach. she only hoped her protege, her sister would ignore her.[break][break]

“you must be cold,” she said to shred.[break][break]

the mochi that was slid into the cell was left alone for the time being. she had no appetite.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 10:21:50 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
When you first woke up in this miserable little cell, you had been desperate to break out, to escape, to rebel. Now? Getting back inside feels like a mercy, a reprieve from the cruelty of the wardens and the guards, a place where you won't be punished. A hard-earned moment to yourself, even if it doesn't really belong to you.

Still, you take the chance to strip off your soaked clothes and don the fresh ones. You don't bother to be discrete, because there's not much left to see. It's all more of the same, more of the rest: More burns, more scars, more of you that was taken away.

As you finish up, you go stand facing the bars, waiting for Lulu to change...

...You keep waiting. Waiting for a voice to pipe up in your head, to try and coax you into sneaking a peek at her naked body. You wait for the rebuke to that suggestion, for a warning to keep your eyes to yourself. You wait for the critique into the rebuke into the counter into the non-sequitir, for more and more voices to join into the argument. You wait for the debate between a dozen shoulder angels and a dozen shoulder devils, going back and forth, trying to sway you to their side, squabbling and bickering on and on until you can't take it anymore.

But it never comes. There's no voices. There's no dialogue. There's nothing. Nobody is there. Nobody but you.

Before you know it, the moment has passed, and you're still staring out at the nothing. Oh well. Even if you had looked, it's not like you'd enjoy it. Not with the way things are. The way you are.

"Don't worry about me." You assure Lulu, turning to face her. Even that small movement takes more effort than it should, as you drag your busted leg along with you. "I'll be fine. I always feel cold. Ever since... Well, you know."

After a moment, you shake your head.

"It doesn't bother me now. I'm numb to it."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 21:51:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
’don’t worry about me.’[break][break]

when she finished dressing, she didn’t face him at first, only listened and tried to process his words through the chaos. where his had run cold and empty, the voices in her own mind were many and screaming.[break][break]

none of them had the motivational words he probably needed this time. maybe the last words had been wrong. maybe they'd spurred him to do what he'd done in the pit.[break][break]

’numb’…[break][break]

”if you say so,” she responded dully, turning to pick up the mochi and hand some of it to him. the first bite was disgustingly sweet as it had been before.[break][break]

”you need to stop putting yourself in harm’s way for me. i'm fine. i can take it. you’re…” with a glance at his wounds, she shook her head. ”i’m not worth sacrificing yourself for.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 8:59:15 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
As you're handed a clump of mochi, you brace yourself and eat. There's no restraint shown like before, no careful picking and picking to only eat the smallest scrap possible. You're exhausted, you're starving, and if there's any ill consequence to eating this mochi, as you suspect, then so be it.

The process of chewing and swallowing is, of course, not pleasant for you. But that's to be expected, isn't it? No point dwelling on it. Once you've finished, you limp over to the desk and take a seat.

Lulu's trying to talk you down. Trying to get you to stop self-sacrificing on her behalf. Trying to--

"--I don't have many reasons to live."

Your fingers reach to hold where your arm once was.

"I wasn't smart. I wasn't handsome. I wasn't even particularly strong. But, I was whole, and I was free, and I thought that was all I needed. But the League... They took that away from me. They took a part of me away and destroyed it right in front of me. They made me dumber and uglier and weaker and I can't even punish them for it because they're wise and beautiful and powerful and I'm not. And now? I'm not even free, either..."

Your mind wanders elsewhere. To Kyurem, off in some distant place beyond your reach. Torn apart. Left a husk. You wonder if all this was part of the prophecies he spoke? Or, is it just another senseless tragedy in your shambles of a life?

"...But you're different. You ARE wise, and beautiful, and powerful, and... I just, I, I... I NEED to do this, okay? I have to do this. If I can't do this, then what can I even do?"

You feel as dead inside as you look on the outside. But when you look at Lulu, you see a reason to live.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 11:07:49 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
he went to the desk, and she finished off her share of poison as she listened to his self-deprecation and praise. her eyes lingered on kaleidoscope reflections until he was finished.[break][break]

”you thought you were free outside these bars?”[break][break]

she thought back to that terrible mirage island with its blood-drenched sand. back to her brother’s scornful laugh, as she’d tried to stand up to him.[break][break]

she thought of the hole where she’d hidden for months in the tundra, before returning to hoenn, for there could be no gone for good above ground, and she’d had to come up for air eventually. had to tend to things.[break][break]

she knew the weight of her chain. could hear it drag behind her as she approached him, and it screeched like demons in her wake, unforgettable.[break][break]

beside the desk, she squatted down so as to not tower, and tried to look him dead in the eye.[break][break]

this man did not know her.[break][break]

”i’m not wise.” her mistakes piled up like the bodies in kanto. ”it’s why my power left me.” and what power had it been but that of darkness, shared with the devil they’d sold their souls to?[break][break]

”i am far uglier than you could possibly know.”[break][break]

after another moment, she rose again, and her eyes fell away with her steps and her chains. she lowered to the floor, slumping down with her back against the wall.[break][break]

what could he do?[break][break]

”take the cot and get some sleep, please — and when we find ourselves in hell tomorrow, let me burn, because i can take it, and you promised you wouldn’t leave.”[break][break]

what other escape did he have but death?[break][break]

”i’ll keep thinking.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 19:55:02 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Part of you wants to insist. To continue to take the lashes on her behalf. To keep sacrificing and sacrificing until you have nothing left to give. But you're beaten, and you're tired, and you're hopelessly tangled in a web of your own emotions. So, even if you aren't happy about it, you oblige.

Maybe not idealogically, but definitely physically.

”...Alright.”

As she makes her "comfortable" on the floor, you hobble over to the cot. It's hardly glamorous, but it's not the worst place you've laid your head, either. Hell, it's not that far off your mattress on the floor back in Sootopolis, is it? You'll sleep just fine in this.

But before you get in, you spare another glance over to Lulu, then at the hard stone floor beneath your feet. You think for a moment. Then, you speak up.

"If that's what you want, I'll let you burn. But if you're going to do that, then at least don't fuck up your back sleeping rough." You decide, taking a step back. "We'll share the cot. How're we doing this?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,391 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 20:54:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
on second thought, with another glance at his crispy skin, maybe burning had been the wrong metaphor – but he hardly seemed offended. he would let her burn, and he would invite her to bed.[break][break]

”it’s fine. i don’t sleep.”[break][break]

and yet, the fatigue she felt from the day’s stress was far greater than she’d felt in so long. in fact, behind those bars, it was as though her sleepless weeks had hit her all at once. her eyelids became heavy.[break][break]

insomnia was not a power. it was a scar on her mind, but that too, somehow, faded away.[break][break]

”don’t worry about me.”[break][break]

a soft echo of his own sentiment, as the dream world began to take hold.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Markov Chain
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 22:39:04 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
As Lulu drifts off into sleep, you allow yourself to breathe a sigh. She might think herself witless and powerless and ugly, but you're starting to think she's just stubborn. Then again, from where she's sitting, she probably thinks the same of you.

So, what now?

After taking a moment to ensure that she's asleep asleep, you stroll over to beside Lulu and slump down next to her. Then, you wait a moment longer. Then, a moment more. And then, a moment more...

Nothing. She's completely out of it. You suppose that isn't surprising, given what little you know of her. How many sleepless nights has she spent worrying about a dozen different things beyond your comprehension? How many weeks and months are catching up to her right now? You think back to when you first spoke at the Team Rocket laboratories, when you begged her to take a break and rest. There's something bittersweet about watching her finally rest in a place as dreadful as this...

"...Love you..."

...You close your eyes and allow sleep to claim you. And when they next open, you find yourself somewhere else entirely.