6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
ULTRA CRATER: KM #2
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 17:16:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
18 bring a pokemon or object that can fit the criteria of being a stone bowl, a jeweled branch, a robe of fire rats, a dragon's jewel, and a seaborne shell to one or some of the craters; upon doing so, a large moon will begin to rise or becoming more prominent in the sky.

22 reverse a recorded cry/noise from kartana to discover that it says "once again, I have cut a worthless object" or anything related to cutting.

24 involve themes of romance, loss, or forgetfulness in some way. this can manifest in geyser steam, gas or plants that can evoke emotions.

25 attempt to fly toward an emerging moon via celesteela or some other method, but realize the moon is not quite reachable yet.

on their return to one of the craters they visited last time, kyle makes random boys talk to fill in the silence of the trip.

"oh, yeah, i just remembered one of the things people told me to look out for!"

they hadn't been the first ones to pave the way for ultra crater's exploration, so most of the rumors about the place have already spread. one of such has made its way to kyle's phone, which he whips out.

a recording of a kartana is played. normally, it sounded weird and distorted.

"i recorded the sounds of the one you burnt last time. apparently, if you listen to it on reverse..."

kyle now plays it on reverse. surprisingly, it sounds clearer, with a message that audibly resembles as words that they can understand.

he smiles, oddly pensive for something nostalgic.

"teenage kyle would have been all over this. spooky stuff had always been big during high school."

matias didn't have a normal childhood so he missed out on the golden era. his adoptive family did seem like the type to let their children get home schooled.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,089 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 4:16:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
they are late to explore ultra crater, though they can't be blamed as they'd been occupied with the other rifts, so most of the discoveries here aren't theirs to make. like the kartana recording, for example.

"ha! that's cool."

he grins like a school boy.

matias wasn't schooled at all; the army doesn't count as that's more of a boot camp that's never stationary, always moving from one place toa nother; so he isn't able to relate to the golden era.

"teenage us would have gotten along with each other, i think. or maybe not. nerd and jock vibes."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 17:13:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"are you calling me a jock?" he asks.

matias would most definitely be a nerd in high school. incessant obsessing with a subject and being a general recluse does give him the image in kyle's head of him being one.

"i did join the football club as a bench warmer back then, and subbed in for basketball and volleyball club whenever they don't have enough people for practice."

it wasn't limited to sports clubs though. kyle tried a lot of things during his youth, though none of them stuck besides the games he used to play after school. he supposed the variety of it kept him interested throughout the years.

still, he supposed they would be friends. kyle did oddly mesh with various groups of students for someone introverted.

"so, did you bring something for the 'robe of fire rats' thing?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,089 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 5:39:17 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
"what? no. i'm the jock, and you're the nerd."

he can't even begin to understand why kyle might have thought he was a nerd when everything about him screams jock and frat boy. perhaps it's his obsessions over things that makes him most nerdy, but even then, his obessions are in the realm of unrequited romance, not battling theory.

"what the hell is a robe of fire rats?"

laughing, he pulls out a literal robe with patterns of fire rats stitched on it and hands it to kyle.

"turns out there's a small market online for this online. people really will capitalize on anything, huh?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 16:45:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
they arrive at the crater with matias' bootleg robe from the internet. kyle stares at the supposed gift they should leave at one of the craters, blinks, and just shrugs it off.

"i'm not even sure, but i guess we'll see if these craters are picky about their stuff."

he motions for matias to offer it at one the dip on the ground, a practice for when he lets groudon consume the corrupted shard later on.

the skies turn eerie the moment it happens. the moon rises, taking up a big part of the skies. kyle feels the hair on his arms stand on its ends as he watches the moon take its place.

the movement of the moon pulls mists from the ground, though kyle concentrated more on what was above them than below to notice.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,089 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 6:34:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
matias does as he's told. the robe is laid out on the ground as an offering, and he is quick to take a step back just in time to watch the skies turn eerie.

at the rising moon, however, his gaze travels back down to notice the accompanying mist. he narrows his eyes, skeptical, and feels something dormant stir within him; something he thought he had buried the moment they returned from an era lost to time.

"...kyle."

he looks at his partner.

"i miss our son."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights