Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 2:19:01 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Killing, of course." [break][break]

Zev paused to reevaluate the anticipated moves in his head, then moved his own piece. [break][break]

"Money is always nice, but it's simply a byproduct. You know that cliché saying, Beckett: 'Do what you love, and you won't work a day in your life.'" The assassin made a dismissive sound to show what he really thought of the idiom. [break][break]

The truth was, he'd left the Army because hierarchical authority grated on his nerves. It went against every fiber of his being to consider another person superior. He'd found a compromise in contract work. [break][break]

Unfortunately, participating in another hierarchical structure—Team Rocket—proved more beneficial as the result of recent events. [break][break]

For now.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 9:52:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
"they say never to mix business and pleasure."

his chuckle is equally as dismissive.

"you'd have done plenty of killing in the military."

the observation is delivered as he makes his next move.

"do you know what i think, harcourt? i think you left because killing felt best without the chains of hierarchy, law, and order. you despise being controlled, hence the contract work, but what i don't understand is why you ended up here, bearing different chains, but similar enough."
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 14:56:23 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev suppressed the urge to scowl at Theo. It made sense that Zev's oldest associates had learned how he operated. He had proven himself dependable, and that meant he was, to an extent, predictable. [break][break]

"Do you remember my brother?" the assassin asked, deflecting for the moment. [break][break]

Unlike Zev, had been a proper member of Team Rocket, inducted with the rest of the police force that remained after the conquest. [break][break]

"I'm sure you know everything that's happened with him since Kanto."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 8:50:39 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

he nods, not minding the deflection as long as they stay within the set confines of what he wants to discuss, and though he hadn't intended on talking about zev's brother, he might as well now, given the chance.

"caleb sharpe."

he nods.

"once a member of our secret police only to have defected and escaped to hoenn. since then, he has been nothing but a nuisance and a pain."

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 14:01:55 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"If the League is sheltering him, and Team Rocket's goal involves tearing the League apart, then what I gain from joining with you is greater than what I lose," Zev explained. He no longer examined the chess board but stared directly at Theo. [break][break]

Destroy the League and restore Caleb to his rightful place by Zev's side. Back then, that had been his goal as a Rocket Beast. His partnership with Team Rocket had been one of mutual benefit. [break][break]

"Every aspect of life involves a contract, Beckett. You do this for me, and I'll do this for you. It's all selfish greed and motivation, wrapped up in civility." [break][break]

Zev spoke matter-of-factly, as if this was the most basic truth of human interactions. [break][break]

"We had a common enemy when I agreed to become a Beast for your organization. And we have one now. I'll tolerate the chains while there's still work left undone."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 8:24:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

the chess board is ignored in favor of the beast.

"when the time comes, i will deliver him to you on a silver platter. you will be judge, jury, and executioner, because that is your right. but i will need you to do more than to tolerate the chains."

though that is more than what the underboss may be deserving of, it still isn't good enough.

"accept them, harcourt, so that others may follow."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 15:47:31 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

At Theo's declaration, Zev smiled. Not because he was pleased to hear it. Not because it was satisfying to have an underboss make such a promise to him. [break][break]

He smiled because Theo still misunderstood. [break][break]

But instead of correcting the other man, Zev merely asked, "Accept them like you have? Like Quinn? What makes you think the rest will come to heel if I do, when they've already had ample opportunity to observe an Avatar's loyalty?" [break][break]

Reaching over, he moved another chess piece. [break][break]

"If you think the others fear me enough to fall in line behind me, think again."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 22, 2024 9:43:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

like you. like quinn. not like .

"the nail that sticks out farthest gets hammered the hardest."

he moves another piece.

"i don't expect them to fear you, harcourt, but for as long as you disregard the natural order of team rocket, others will think they can do the same. they are like flies, and you, the light."

what they fail to realize is that is no light but the flame that will burn them all.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 22, 2024 15:58:08 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Theo was delusional, Zev decided as he contemplated the chess board. [break][break]

After all, the Rocket Beast had not done anything to sow discord among the other Avatars or the lower ranks. Ever since his promotion, he'd trained the crime syndicate's grunts, hunted their defectors, assassinated and tortured their enemies, and fought the League's powerhouses on their behalf. [break][break]

Even now, as war brewed on the horizon, Zev was formulating a S.P.E.C.T.R.A. assessment trial with —one of the organization's most loyal members. [break][break]

Zev moved another piece. "Then you're looking for nails to hammer down in the wrong place, Beckett." [break][break]

But in his experience, humans believed whatever they wanted to believe, no matter what was said otherwise. Such behavior was often their downfall.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 8:47:37 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

perhaps he is delusional. if so, it'd be the circumstances around him that have pushed him down this path. but he's willing to bet his thoughts aren't out of line.

"i don't think i am," he moves a piece. "but i suppose we'll find out when the time comes."

leaving it at that, he moves on to circle back.

"and as for our common enemy, i assume you mean the drk triad."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 14:04:26 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev's amused smile fell away at the mention of the DRK Triad. He raised his gaze from the chess game, pinning Theo with unflinching blue. [break][break]

"I do. They've made it clear that our existence is a threat," he said, easing into the familiar territory of deceit. Lies were always most believable when based on truths. [break][break]

Reaching out a hand, Zev moved a piece to capture one of Theo's. He did not exult in any victory, though; the game was still in its early stage, with plenty of time for both men to build up defenses and maneuver counterattacks. [break][break]

"Whatever goals of conquest or petty familial disagreements we have, it means nothing if our universe is destroyed."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 14:26:21 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

his piece is taken, captured and slain all in one fell swoop, but it is nothing more than a pawn that has served its purpose. his formation is strong, his defense impenetrable.

"be that as it may."

he captures a piece in return.

"there are other universes out there. the option exists, at least for some, to simply move."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 14:45:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev's eyes flickered briefly to his own captured piece—a pawn, like Theo's. Then he returned his attention to the rest of the board, moving another to begin encroaching onto black's territory. [break][break]

"Is that your plan, in the event our universe's destruction is inevitable?" he asked nonchalantly, noting the implication of Theo's comment and ignoring the bait. "From what I know, only the Megalopolans have figured out a way to traverse Ultra Space." [break][break]

Thoughts wound their way to those allied with Team Rocket. [break][break]

"Are Velmos and Cotillard working on something for us?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,718 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 12:49:51 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"it is one of the contingencies in place, yes."

but there are other plans that, as of this moment, seem more feasible than traveling through ultra space. they have the brilliant technology of SYGNA SUITS along with 's DEOXYS but that won't be enough.

at the mention of the megalopolans, he responds:

"perhaps."

he has no idea.

"surely you're able to traverse ultra space with necrozma?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 1:06:59 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The idea of using the Megalopolans to travel through Ultra Space retreated into a quiet corner of Zev's mind. It would not resurface with a renewed interest for several weeks. [break][break]

"It's happened once," the Rocket Beast admitted. "I wrote in my report that Necrozma dropped and me into Ultra Space while we were leaving Lesser Megalopolis. But I skipped it when I came back." [break][break]

That had been months ago. A lifetime, it seemed. Necrozma had opened a wormhole for Zev between two universes, similar to how the rifts into the Ultra Wilds functioned.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS