thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 8:39:10 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
though there may be of little use in appealing to their humanity as they likely have none remaining, it's worth a shot, and should it fail, then at least he'd still be able to tick a task off his evergrowing list of things to do.

standing outside mossdeep general hospital, the underboss turns and regards the other with a nod as they approach.

"harcourt."

dressed casually in a loose shirt unbuttoned to reveal the defined lines of his upper chest, he spares a gesture into the building.

"walk with me."
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 15:28:47 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev did not usually go out in public in Mossdeep without his Zoroark's illusion providing adequate disguise—mostly to avoid drawing attention to , since she lived and worked there. But if notorious Team Rocket underboss was going to show his face, then Zev was, too. [break][break]

He showed up at Mossdeep General Hospital wearing casual, unassuming clothing and a black Kerry cap. "Beckett," he said by way of greeting, his tone even, his expression neutral. He smoothly fell in step beside Theo. "What did you want to meet about?" [break][break]

Zev guessed already that the conversation was not going to touch on more confidential Rocket business. They'd have met somewhere more private if that was the case, like Theo's office.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 6:49:03 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

his gaze flicks up for a moment to take in the kerry cap. it's not what he would have chosen for a man of harcourt's stature but he supposes it serves its purpose. he looks away, unimpressed before gesturing into the building once more.

soon, they fall into the same rhythm; or as close as a rhythm he could find.

"i believe we left our last meeting on a bit of a sour note; a bitter one, perhaps; in any case, it's a note i now wish to rectify."

the two men, despite their jarring dark presence in the otherwise muted white hospital, seem to not stand out too much. though they are glanced at by both staff and patients, it's not out of fear or discomfort. if anything, they almost seem pleased to see them.

"tell me, harcourt," he steps into the elevator, tapping on the eighth floor, and continues once the door closes, "do you love nenet?"

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 13:31:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev arched an eyebrow at Theo's answer, surprised by the underboss' desire to make amends. He wondered how much of it was a manipulation to appease the most dangerous monster among their ranks, and how much of it was sincere. [break][break]

Then the most unexpected question came out of Theo's mouth as they entered the hospital's elevator. Zev could not help his immediate snort of laughter. [break][break]

"Of course not," he replied, staring pointedly at the other man. And keep her name out of your mouth, he added silently. Instead, he decided to elaborate, in case there was any doubt in Theo's mind: "She chose to be my wife. She belongs to me."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 8:50:10 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"i see."

how primitive. simple. he should've figured as much but perhaps he'd been hoping the shell of the man he met in kanto still exists. instead, what he's met with behind those eyes is nothing more than a conduit for the otherworldy being they've come to know as NECROZMA.

a puppet, rather, much like he is too, except he's only bound to team rocket.

"you have a claim over her. you feel territorial, possessive," like a beast, "and i have no desire to intrude more than i already have."

the elevator continues to ascend, taking longer than usual due to the old make of the machine; a sign of the aging hospital.

"i apologize, harcourt, for the threat i made."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 13:04:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev could only guess at Theo's thoughts behind his diplomatic words. If he expected Zev to possess a shred of humanity, he would be sorely disappointed. Even in Kanto, the assassin hadn't been capable of the emotional bond common among humans. [break][break]

He had not loved a single person, not for as long as he lived. He did not know how. , his own flesh and blood brother, had been his property then, too. [break][break]

You shouldn't have made threats in the first place, Zev thought, but said instead, "Apology accepted." [break][break]

He doubted Theo's sincerity, but he was not above letting people make up for their mistakes.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 10:58:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"an apology is meaningless without change. you've shown your hand, now i'll show you mine."

the elevator slows, metal gears grinding to a halt to stop them at the eighth floor. the doors slide open, bringing them to the palliative care ward of the hospital.

out he steps, turning left to walk down the long hallway flanked by patients and nurses who pay them no mind. the few that glance their way light up; one even waves at them.

coming to the room at the end of the hallway, theo knocks, then steps in.

"not late, am i?"

his expression lightens as he sits by the bedside of a woman who looks to be late into their seventies, their features weak and fragile yet somehow bright and hopeful.

"i brought a friend with me today."

he glances over his shoulder at the rocket beast.

"harcourt, meet my mother."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 15:22:44 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev followed Theo in silence to a specific hospital room. Once inside, he saw the old woman in her bed and guessed at her identity before the underboss confirmed it. [break][break]

All at once, Zev transformed. He allowed his genuine surprise to show plainly on his face before breaking out into a warm smile that dimpled his cheeks. Stepping up next to Theo, he leaned down and took the woman's fragile hand in his own. [break][break]

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Beckett," he said, adopting a more palatable persona that most normal people preferred. He didn't know if she was familiar with her son's allegiance or crimes, so if Theo called him 'friend', then he'd be one. [break][break]

"Theo didn't tell me where we were going, otherwise I'd have brought some flowers to liven up the room. You can blame him for my poor manners." [break][break]

He winked at her before letting go and straightening up.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 9:06:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

pleasantries are exchanged all under the guise of their pleasant civilian personas, and when all is said and done, the two rockets step out of the hospital room, leaving the old woman they've come to learn as his mother to get some rest.

instead of leaving, theo leads them to the recreation area where some of the other patients are situated. he sits on one of the armchairs, then gestures to the one across from him.

"do you play?"

he leans forward to the chessboard on a small table between them, rotating it so the white pieces are for zev to control.

"you hide your lack of humanity well."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 13:58:11 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev lowered himself into the indicated armchair and contemplated the chessboard. [break][break]

"Sometimes," he said, moving his first pawn into position. "I taught the Hasegawa dog how to play chess as part of his training. The boy needs to sharpen his mind as much as his sword." [break][break]

was an interesting pupil, eager to learn but difficult to mold. [break][break]

The assassin's gaze flickered around the recreation area, checking to see if any patients or staff were eavesdropping. Fortunately, he and Theo were alone. "I've had a lot of practice. A lifetime's worth." [break][break]

Learning how to mask his sociopathy had been imperative in the Kanto Army. As much as it had grated on him to play the dutiful soldier, obeying a hierarchy of authority, the military rewarded him with deployments into warzones and his own command. [break][break]

And through that, his first opportunity to kill a man.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 9:03:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

"i'm familiar."

it was in kanto where they first met. he'd been their employer then, and together, they executed various missions all of the same nature: hits that would further team rocket's cause.

"i wonder…"

his hand glides across the chessboard.

"…if you've always been this way."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 2:25:55 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev's eyes watched Theo's movements closely. At this point in the game, however, it was too early to guess the underboss' chosen tactic. Instead, the Beast moved another piece to set up for a proper mid-game defense. [break][break]

"Does it matter? You've never asked about my past before. What matters is that I do the job you pay me to do, and do it well." At least, that had been their relationship back in Kanto. [break][break]

If Theo was observant, he would notice the same reticence in Zev that Nenet had displayed before: the intense privacy about their personal lives. In the beginning, it had formed the basis of their relationship. Now, nearly two years later, it was their united front.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
appeal
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 9:55:14 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

where others may choose to develop other stronger pieces first, theo adopts the hedgehog formation and focuses on his pawns, moving them to form the basis of his defense.

"it matters more than you might think."

he knows he'll lose the first piece on the board, but the game matters little. what matters more is learning more about the man sitting across from him.

"why did you leave the army?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
appeal
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 16:33:54 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev repositioned his next chess piece without concern, calculating future moves in his head. His expression remained detached, almost aloof, his thoughts locked behind the mask of neutrality. [break][break]

"I finished my service and declined to renew my contract," he answered simply. Even if that information was not easily accessible to the general public, he assumed that a man like Theo would have looked into it at some point. [break][break]

And then, because he anticipated the next question, Zev added in explanation, "I wanted a change of pace. Something more aligned with my preferences."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights