december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
it's raining voltorb, hallelujah [m]
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 17:49:00 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","crushbody"]

nabi was just one of several others lined up at the starting line for the voltorb obstacle course, a training exercise provided by the league. for someone like nabi, a cadet candidate testing out the waters and wondering whether joining the league was what she truly desired, this sort of thing was right up her alley. "how hard can it be?" she thought to herself when she originally saw the posted ad for the event.[break][break]

the obstacle course was to be completed with one's pokemon partner of choice and in groups of two. nabi had chosen poppy. and beside her stood a taller gentleman of dark hair. what was his name? she glanced at him, noting his physique.[break][break]

one by one, each group was given the signal to run into the next room where the obstacle course starter. even from behind the wall, nabi could hear the faint explosions of voltorb triggering. the unknown gave her a sense of thrill.[break][break]

she and her assigned mate were called forward. they were next in line.[break][break]

"you have experience with this sort of thing?" she asked him, lips edged into a small smile. "i'm nabi, by the way."[break][break]

a countdown was given. ten seconds till their turn.[break][break]

"i hope it rains voltorb on us, or it won't be fun," she then chuckled, wholeheartedly serious in her comment.[break][break]

seven, six...[break][break]

"oh, is this supposed to be a race?" she then thought. was she supposed to prove she was better than this guy? or was this a team job? she couldn't quite remember the instructions they gave earlier.[break][break]

three, two, one...

notes

mission | 1/5

[GoogleFont=Open Sans:400,700|Ubuntu:400,700]
[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#292929;font-family:open sans;font-size:7.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody b, .crushbody i]color:#F6B1B1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#F6B1B1;text-align:right;border-bottom:#F6B1B1 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 2:00:32 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]
There was something to be said about volunteering yourself as a means to improve comradery.

It sucked. That's what should be said.

"Greyson," he says in reply, "and no, I try not to." Competitions and drills made him uneasy; he wasn't the competitive type, at least, typically.

The timer counts down in-front of both of them. His anxiety only heightens.

His own Pokémon, a small, chubby squirrel, sat on his shoulder chewing on one of those store-bought snacks.

"Sorry about this," he says, giving her a sympathetic smile.

The buzzer sounds and Greyson shoots forward, Tubby on his shoulder pressing down a field of GRAVITY over Nabi and her partner, giggling all the while.
[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

meulk

birdwing
she/her
december 21st
mahogany town
bisexual
yumi's errand girl
civilian
single
5'3" height
5'3" height
awards
168 posts
nabi park DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nabi
nabi park
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 0:20:30 GMT
nabi park Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","crushbody"]

"sorry?" there was little time for her to process what had just happened. without warning, the weight of her body was pulled low to the ground. she fell to her knees and struggled to keep the upper half of her body up. meanwhile for poppy, she laid flat with all fours spread out.[break][break]

"that cheat!" nabi spoke through grit teeth. she urged herself to get up. behind her, she could hear a few of the others laughing at her failure to even leave the starting line.[break][break]

"you're going to have to go ahead of me, poppy," nabi said to her companion, lifting the small mouse in her hands. "i'll catch up. don't let them get too ahead, hear me?"[break][break]

poppy made a mewl, uncertain what the heck her trainer was insinuating.[break][break]

nabi took two steps forward, pushing herself into the next room, and looked straight ahead. she could still see greyson's figure. "on three," she warned poppy.[break][break]

poppy suddenly had a terrible feeling.[break][break]

on the number three, her body was sent flying through the air like a baseball. she had even curled herself into a ball, truly making her seem like an oncoming object. simply out of fear, poppy released a smokescreen, covering the area and the nearby voltorb in total blackness.

notes

mission | 2/5

[GoogleFont=Open Sans:400,700|Ubuntu:400,700]
[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#292929;font-family:open sans;font-size:8pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody b, .crushbody i]color:#F6B1B1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.crushbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#F6B1B1;text-align:right;border-bottom:#F6B1B1 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,051 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 14:40:22 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]
Greyson felt bad about the trick—it was almost entirely the opposite of what he'd have done typically. That was really why he'd done it. Maybe they wouldn't call him back?

He was relieved knowing that she wouldn't maintain any serious harm—outside of her reputation, maybe, but he could soothe that out.

A squeak of alarm on his shoulder has him snapping his head back in confusion. A small honey badger coated in flame and smoke was barreling right at him.

Was this the Fast-Ball special Wovlerine and Hulk mainstreamed?

Greyson almost laughs, but the threat could not be ignored. "Tubby!" Lifting the mouse in the same way, Greyson tosses the chubby electric-type. As the two Pokémon reach collision space, a SPIKY SHIELD erupts around Tubby.

Of course, that did nothing for any momentum. If the collision continued as planned, Greyson would watch with mild-horror and amusement as his Pokémon went rebounding off the trail.
[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights