Lydia Magnusson
Soot Storm [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 1:30:45 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lydiapost"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
To say service did a number on her body would be putting it mildly. And it infuriated her. The time in Johto did not end in the fiery explosion that nearly crippled her but in a whimper. A few tests revealed that years of heavy lifting had left a mark on her bones and muscles. Though she felt fine most days, there were others when the lieutenant could barely get out of bed.
[break][break]

This past week had been filled with those. From helping out in the Poison Patrols to fighting Kyurem, she’d put her doll-like frame back through the wringer. And there was only so much stubbornness could do.
[break][break]

Taking a brief break from her work volunteering with the League, the noblewoman booked a trip to the best spa in Lavaridge. There, she was treated to multiple massages and a few physical therapy sessions. But it was the water that made the biggest difference. Following a few days of this, the blonde felt ready to slot herself back into the fray.

[break][break]

Unfortunately, her path home took her right into the middle of a soot storm. It’d come over her in an instant—blue skies suddenly obscured by a locust swarm of ash and sand. Her lack of flying types had never felt more bone-headed than it currently did.
[break][break]

Hunkering down into her Lycanroc’s ruff, the soldier pushed through the darkness. One of her shirts was wrapped around her nose to keep the worst of it out, but that didn’t do much[//i]. Narrowed blue eyes dropped back to her compass. “Roc.” Tiny hands tightened in beige fur as she lifted her eyes toward the horizon. Who is that?

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

Arceus give her a sign?[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.lydiapost]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lydiapost]font:11px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost b"]color:#ACDEF7;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost a"]color:#ACDEF7;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost i"]color:#ACDEF7;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:#ACDEF7;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:#ACDEF7;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:#ACDEF7;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lydiapost .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Soot Storm [M]
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 3:36:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]
Working in Fallabor — both as a Gym Leader and on 's farm — accustomed him to such strange weather conditions; nevertheless, the frequency, and thickness of the soot, set off alarm bells in his head.

More than one he'd had to rescue some ill-gotten traveler who'd underestimated this strange new phenomenon, and here he suspected he would have to do so again.

SYGNA SUIT glows red and orange, subtle flows of amethyst worming its way in. A PSYCHIC field keeps the storm at bay, and beneath it, a king smile greets .

"Lost?"
[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Lyds
She/Her
May 12
Goldenrod City
Heterosexual
Unemployed
Cadet
Victory Runs in My Veins
awards
247 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
Soot Storm [M]
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 17:57:20 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb lydspost"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
brave men rejoice in adversity, just as good soldiers triumph in war.

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

Soon, the strange entity proves itself to neither specter nor Pokemon. It is a man and his companion. One clad in what appeared to be a sygna suit—a garment she had not had the pleasure of wearing. But the fact that the anomaly was human did not imbue her with a sense of trust. One of the soldier’s hands drops from the lupine’s locks to the holster hidden on her other side. A gentle kick from her heels shifts the dog into a perpendicular position.

[break][break]
This is partially out of politeness but also designed to make them a smaller target. When the grin emerges, Lydia briefly turns her head away. There is a noise deep in her throat. "Hmph." Somewhere between a cough, a squawk, and a growl. “I would not go that far, monsieur.” She may be a little turned around, but Lydia did not believe she was lost. Merely stalled by this damnable storm.

[break][break]

The blonde lifted her head to face the stranger and his multi-colored suit “I believe I am not too far from 111.” Her free hand rose to irritably wipe the ash from her face. At the very least, this stranger’s presence brought her some clarity. After a moment, Lydia pushed forward into the conversation.
[break][break]

“It's you that seems to be going the wrong direction.” Though she did not say it, her words implied suspicion. A rather ironic judgment considering their positions.

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lydspost"]--accent:#B0E1F9!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #B0E1F9; font-weight: 700; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 700 10px/11px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb i"]font: 500 10px/11px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 11px/13px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
Soot Storm [M]
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 22:43:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[attr="class","snub-greyson-main"]
[attr="class","snub-greyson"]
The movement of her hand is not lost on him—amethyst hues flicking to the action for a moment, before landing back on the woman's face.

Greyson resists the urge to narrow his eyes, but doesn't quite succeed. His own distrust of others was a parasite that, over the path few months, slowly wormed its way deeper, and deeper.

"No, you're not. 111 is another mile in that direction." He points down the path she was headed, slightly at an angle. He tries to keep a smile on his face, congnizent of his position, and the demands brought forth by public relations.

"As for me—" he lifts a hand, pushing the storm out further with PSYCHIC powers "—I'm just practicing."
[attr="class","snub-greyson-pkmn"]

[attr="class","snub-greyson-tag"]

[newclass=.snub-greyson-main] font:12.5px Tahoma; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; width:70%; margin-bottom:-120px;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson a] text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main b]color:#cec8ef; letter-spacing:.3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main i]font-size:13px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:.4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main u]font-size:12px;border-bottom: 1.5px solid #2a879e;letter-spacing: .5px;text-decoration: none;margin: 0px -3px 0px -3px;padding: 0px 3px 0px 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-main h1]font-size:12px;color:#2a879e;letter-spacing:1px;font-weight:bold;text-transform:uppercase;font-family: Verdana;display: inline-block;margin: 0px -3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson] width:80%; padding:45px; background-color:#272727; transform:skew(0deg); border:solid 2px #363636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag] text-align:right; font-size:0px; margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-tag a] color: #272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.snub-greyson-pkmn]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; width: 75%; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights