Poke - Grand Prix (Gym Topic)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 2:52:30 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zachary1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

This was it. Zachary was ready and excited to take part in his first-ever gym battle-- or rather gym challenge. Zachary had every intent, even with his dreams to be a gym leader himself, to rise the ranks and gather the badges he needed. But more than that, Zachary also learned gyms had the right to give unique challenges, not just battles. His friend Josh, a Gym Leader in his own right, was one to bring this to his attention. They had a practice battle, more to evaluate Zachary if he would be a good GYm Leader or not. That aside, the real challenge was now! [break][break] Zachary was now outside, seeing the wide terrain that Josh technically owned as a Gym Leader. He knew his friend was a racing fanatic and loved to ride on all kinds of Pokemon. Zachary had few Pokemon he could possibly ride on, but after his time on his Milotic, and some of Josh's Pokemon, he was starting to love the idea of riding a Pokemon. Shame not many psychic types were 'mountable'. [break][break] Zachary was there now waiting at the track. His other Pokemon were out-- but not the one he intended to use. Dizzy the Delphox, Tarot the Kadabra, Happy the Mime Jr, Prophet the Xatu, and last but not least-- Morgana the Sprigatito. They were to act as spectators up in the stands, along with anyone else there to witness the gym challenge. [break][break] Zachary held the Pokemon he intended to use in his hand, the Pokeball marked now with a mysterious "VII" on it. A sign of Zachary's association to the psychic mystery of the Tarot. The Chariot designation certainly fit THIS specific Pokemon. [break][break] As Josh joined him, Zachary smiled confidently at him. Despite how their battle went, Zachary felt secure in his intent to show his worth-- and claim the Quick Badge as his own. [break][break] "Alright, Josh! Time for us to finally do that race you wanted so badly!" Zachary said as he tossed the Pokeball up, only to snatch it back from the air. [break][break] Holding the ball, he soon tossed it high overhead. "Come on out-- HERMES!!" Zachary shouted, causing the Pokeball to snap open and light to appear. [break][break]
[break][break] Zachary watched as Raichu emerged, already on his floating tail as he greeted everyone with a roudy "RAI!" as if announcing he was here and expecting applause already. [break][break] Josh would recognize Raichu without a shadow of a doubt-- the same one that faced and struggled to catch back on the water routes on the way to Mawville City. It was quite the adventure as Raichu ran amok on the coast, causing problems for other Pokemon. Having mellowed out a bit, and now under Zachary's care, he was far better mannered-- or so they hoped. Even now, he was still a little bit... cocky. Boastful. [break][break] As the unusually large Raichu floated there with his chest puffed out, Zachary turned to Josh. "I choose Raichu to be my racing partner... if I know how I am gonna exactly ride him though," Zachary said as he looked over Raichu. [break][break] The very sound of 'race' , made Raichu very happy! With a flip-kick of his tail, he did a flip in the air, already sparking with excitement to have a race! This little guy just LOVED to go fast! [break][break] Still, Zachary was baffled. Despite the Raichu being rather larger than most, even almost as tall as a human person, he didn't see it feasible to ride on Raichu's back. "How am I going to ride with Hermes anyway?" Zachary asked. [break][break] Realizing the challenge, Hermes soon smirked and raised his paw as he floated on his large tail. Suddenly via his psychic power-- he took hold of Zachary! [break][break] "Whoh--!!" Zachary cried, lifted up by the Raichu's psychic power. The clever mouse moved Zachary closer and soon over Raichu's tail. Zachary's feet touched the tail's broad narrow surface, feeling a bit of a tight fit to stand on. However as he floated there, Raichu soon barked out more-- reaching its arm behind him to tell Zachary to touch his back! [break][break] Puzzled, but giving it a try, Zachary placed his left hand on Raichu's back while still lifted by the Psychic glow. [break][break] In that moment, the Psychic aura that kept Raichu afloat, also held Zachary too. it no longer felt odd as Zachary felt more 'secure' as he held on to Raichu's back, like momentum was no longer a concern! "Wow... this is so odd. It's like feeling a harness attached to my back keeping me close to Raichu on his tail. I don't feel like I'd fall here." Zachary explained as he rode with Raichu on his tail. [break][break] Giddy, Raichu tested it by circling small rounds around Josh and the other Pokemon. [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

Gym Challenge -- Quick Badge Attempt.[break]
Zachary's choice for the race is Alola Raichu. Raichu uses Psychic to keep Zachary secure on his tail and not fall off. [break]
His other pokemon will spectate.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]--accent:#1f8999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 5:16:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

MAUVILLE CITY | Twist Road | Difficulty: ★☆☆☆☆☆
COURSE RECORD: 01'26"967
RECORD HOLDER:

[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/nintendo-gamecube-gcn/f-zero-gx/220%20-%20Long%20Pre-View%20%28Course%20View%202%29.mp3[/player]

Mauville Racing Grounds' facility was enormous indeed; while the office space had little signage due to its size being on the smaller side, the property where the action took place, just outside the city proper, was enormous. Luckily, Josh had experienced staff who knew the facility well, and signage that could guide challengers to the correct location. The voice of KEVIN STROUSER, Josh's scheduler, echoed over the Gym's loudspeakers:

"Challenger , please report to Sector 1. Challenger Stellar, to Sector 1. Thank you!"

Provided the challenger found ample signage, he would see the brash and tall ACE SHEEKE, already seated on Komainu the Houndoom with hands firmly on his horns; the timid and short ERON IUNIS, on Blinky the Jolteon; and the reserved ARAVAN ESCHER, at the reins of Pura the Purugly. Lastly, he would see the Gym Leader , making adjustments to the saddle strapped to Toralf, a Raichu that was roughly the same size as Hermes, the giant Alolan one that Zachary had entered in the race. He smiled as the enthusiastic trainer re-introduced the tail-surfing electric-type to him.

All his Gym Trainers and their Pokémon were ready and raring to go, particularly the redhead with the Houndoom. "Great to see you again at Mauville Racing Grounds, Zachary," Josh greeted his challenger. "I've been looking forward to this since we got back from the beach! Seems like Toralf's already trash talking with Hermes!" he noted aloud as the Kantonian Raichu threw the gauntlet. The three Gym Trainers introduced themselves and Josh's Pokémon they were borrowing, one by one.

The gallery surrounding Sector 1's TWIST ROAD course was full, small as the stands were. Had Zachary given permission for spectators to take photos of him and his Raichu, several would have flashed as a pre-recorded pan of the course ran on the big screen. With only one turn greater than a right angle, it was the easiest course Josh used for official challenges. It was also short, the fastest Pokémon able to run laps in under thirty seconds. Zachary wouldn't have long to prove his sync with the Raichu!

Josh went over the rules of the challenge, required by Hoenn League statute. "See that arch near the starting line, with the long and skinny monitor on it? We line up behind that, and the countdown will be on that display. It will sound four horns and display '3, 2, 1, GO'. On 'GO', our Pokémon will start running. Pokémon are not allowed to use moves like Quick Attack or Extreme Speed on the first lap. After the first lap, though, use them as much as your Pokémon can handle! Using your Tera Orb is permitted once during the race. Use it wisely. Beat me to the finish line after three laps, or otherwise prove to me you can handle the pressure of split second decision making, and the Hoenn League Quick Badge is yours."

Once he had finished explaining the rules, Josh climbed atop the giant electric rodent, joining his three loyal Gym Trainers for the contest of speed. "It's been a while since I've been able to go all-out in a race. I know how fast Hermes can get, and I have to be on top of my game if I want to win!" Josh retorted as he slammed his helmet's visor down. If Zachary were to glance toward him, the challenger would see a laser focused expression, almost like he was in a zen state as he held Toralf's reins in anticipation of the green light.

INSTRUCTIONS

You will have 8 ranks to distribute among three skills. No more than 5 ranks can be assigned to any one skill.
  • SPEED: This represents how fast your Pokémon can travel. Each rank of Speed adds 10 to all your rolls, and an additional 10 to rolls on Speed-based Obstacles.
  • ENDURANCE: This represents how well a Pokémon can navigate difficult terrain, and affects how often a Pokémon can use its Boost during a race. Your Pokémon can use its Boost a number of times equal to its number of ranks in Endurance (min. 1). Activating your TERA ORB will consume one use of Boost. Each rank of Endurance reduces the Target Number of Endurance-based Obstacles by 20.
  • REACTION: This represents a Pokémon’s cornering ability. Each rank of Reaction reduces the Target Number of Reaction-based Obstacles by 20.

In the OOC notes of your next post, please note your Pokémon's distribution of skills.

You do not need to roll after your next post, but you will need to [ roll ] twice at the end of every post mid-challenge. This roll will be modified according to your Pokémon's skill ranks.

Example: If a player rolls a 60 on a post involving running down a straightaway as fast as possible atop a Pokémon with four ranks in Speed, their effective roll will be 140.

The Leader's next post will include a "mod post" that depicts the course's first Obstacle: a prompt that presents a challenge for the racers to overcome. Each Obstacle will include the following information:

Target Number: This is the number the racers need to roll at or above to overcome the Obstacle without penalty. While it is uncommon, an Obstacle can have multiple Target Numbers.

Intended Skill: This is the Skill that will apply to the Obstacle. It can be Speed, Endurance, or Reaction.

Special: Any extra rules specific to this Obstacle are located here.

Example Obstacle: The track starts out with a bang--a sharp, 135-degree left turn mere tens of meters from the starting line. The width of the turn itself makes recovering from a misjudged angle easier, but the track quickly narrows up again afterward. A guardrail on the outside keeps Pokémon from sliding off the course, but there is no such guardrail on the inside, and there’s a shallow stream that looks time-consuming for non-Water Pokémon to climb out of!

Target Number: 105 (Reaction)

Special: Track Points lost as a result of non-Water Pokémon rolling beneath this Obstacle's Target Number are multiplied by 1.5, rounded up.
After the players make their rolls, the Target Number is deducted from the player's roll, and the difference becomes the player's Track Points (TP) for the round. 100 TP corresponds to roughly one second of time differential. The race will consist of three laps, with three Obstacles per lap. After the ninth Obstacle, total Track Points will determine finishing order. The QUICK BADGE is awarded if at least one of the following conditions are met:

1) The challenger finishes the race in 1st or 2nd place.
2) The challenger finishes the race ahead of the Gym Leader.
3) The challenger otherwise demonstrates their mastery of the tenets of Mauville Gym, at the Leader's discretion.

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 14:19:47 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Prompted to go-- Zachary with Raichu approached the racing course. "Dizzy, you and the others make yourselves comfortable at the bleachers, okay? Try to have some fun. Maybe cheer us on?" Zachary asked his Delphox as his other Pokemon were out now. The roudy series of calls came from his Pokemon as they soon separated, led by Dizzy to the stands. [break][break] Raichu stayed by Zachary side as they soon left for the race course. As they arrived, Josh was there-- along with other members of his gym. Zachary greeded them modestly, seeing them on all kinds of Pokemon. "HI there. Nice to meet you all," he said with a smile. Each one was mounted upon a jolteon, a purugly, a houndour, and Josh's choice-- a Raichu of his own. His was the more generic version, making this even more interesting. As Josh and Zachary talked-- both Raichu 'glared daggers' at one another. Josh's Raichu, Toralf clearly was antagonizing the tail-surfing one. Hermes didn't like that as he got close on his tail up close. THe two's nose almost touched as sparkes fired off both their cheeks, both boasting they were the fastest![break][break] Zachary rolled his eyes and approached Hermes. "Hey, sparky. Maybe save the energy for the race, buddy? he suggested. Hearing his trainer's advise, Hermes backed away grudgingly, intending to leave Josh's Raichu in the dust! [break][break]
[break][break] As they prepared for the race... Dizzy and Zachary's other pokemon were in the front rows of the stands, reserved for the competitors friends and pokemon. Many people were there, which was a surprise, and an oddity for some as they people saw Zachary's pokemon acting so casually among people like they were human. Dizzy sat down ona chair-- followed by Zachary's Kadabra, Mime Jr, Xatu, and Sprigatito. The Sprigatito hung on the railing, eager to see the race. [break][break] As they made themselves comfortable to cheer their trainer and Hermes on-- Dizzy noticed something. Kadabra held a sealed bag-- looking like a microwave popcorn package. After the fox gave a bark of question, Tarot began to focus on the bag, his eyes aglow. Slowly, the bag began to inflate. Its alpha waves & psychic power was making it heat up and pop quickly. Like a microwave, the bag swelled up and got bigger and bigger. Happy and Sprigatito watched as the bag grew and-- [break][break] BANG!![break][break] THe bag exploded with a shower of white and yellow popcorn over them. Dizzy grew a look of still annoyance as the poor fox had popcorn and butter over his fur. Tarot showed little care as he looked to Dizzy, and offered him some of the popcorn from his bag, to which was answered by silence. Happy, however was gleeful as he took a kernal of popcorn in his little hands and popped it into his mouth! Morgana had jumped at the violent pop, its grassy fur on end at the Kadabra, all while Prophet the Xatu just stood there motionless-- even as some popcorn rested on its plumage. ALl the Pokemon were excited and eager to see how the race panned out! [break][break]
[break][break] As the rules of the race ended, Zachary looked to Raichu. Before the start of the official challenge, he had went over Raichu's abilities and moves he knew. He had learned most first hand after their run-in on the ocean route. But he learned a few more things and wanted to talk to Raichu before the race began. As Josh explained the rules, Raichu grew more and more excited-- like the badge was more for him than Zachary. It made Zachary smile, to see Hermes so happy, as oppose to causing tidal waves to ride on that caused problems for other pokemon. [break][break] Zachary nodded in understanding, getting a good idea what to expect from the challenge. "I understand. Um, before we begin, may I just talk to Hermes a second?" Zachary asked. [break][break] Gesturing Raichu to follow him, Zachary walked aside and knelt down as Hermes floated before the boy. "Raichu before we start, I have an idea I want to run by you. If I understand correctly, you know "electric terrain" right? " he asked. [break][break] "Rai...?" Hermes said with a nod, but his tone curious. [break][break] Zachary smiled, having an idea. "Normally, that wouldn't do us any good in a race-- but I have an idea," Zachary said as he leaned in close so the others couldn't hear. As Zachary raised a hand to whisper, the Alolan Raichu leaned in with his fluffy ear to hear Zachary's words. His trainer whispered a very clever strategy related to that move. After a few moments, Raichu's face lit up! He was loving the idea the creative blue-haired trainer had. Soon enough, Raichu entered a 'chuckle' and mischevious look that one would think he had used Nasty Plot. "Rai! Rai-rai-Raichuu!" Hermes cheered, rocking on his floating tail with glee. [break][break] Zachary rose up, pleased. "I'm glad you approve. When the time comes, let's give it a try okay?" Zachary said as he turned back to Josh and his awaiting team of racers. "Okay! I'm ready to go!" [break][break] Rejoining Hermes on his tail with a simple step up and a hand on the Raichu's back, the two soon floated up to the starting line! With Josh's enthusiasm to enter a real race. It was then he saw Josh's expression change-- a more serious and focused one. This was it! The true mindset of Josh as a Gym Leader. Zachary looked to Josh, seeing how serious he was and intended to win. While Zachary's expression was softer, he narrowed his gaze at Josh. "Well, Hermes I think wants this even more than me-- so you can be damn sure I'm aiming to win! So let's do this!" Zachary said with determination. [break][break] "RAII!!" Hermes replied too, sparking the energy as he lined up beside Josh's Raichu. The two Raichu exchanged challenging glares, already non-verbally talking smack at one another. The sheer sparks from their cheeks gave signs of that. [break][break] Zachary stared forward at the starting line, seeing the board and the racing lights-- ready to take off. Unlike Josh, Zachary had never done anything like this. A race was one thing, but with a Pokemon-- Zachary was both nervous and excited by this. He hoped that Hermes would listen to him, and follow his lead in direction and guidance. While it seemed Hermes liked the idea Zachary cooked up, Raichu was a wily and rowdy Pokemon, and was a menace before he was caught. [break][break] From the sidelines, they heard the sounds of cheers-- Dizzy and the others waving and giving their support. Zachary glanced at them seeing Dizzy waving a flaming stick to cheer them on. A smile showed on Zachary's face and his confidence rose. He looked to the starting line, ready to go. "Let's show them just how much of a wicked racer you are, Hermes!" Zachary encouraged, rubbing the Raichu's fuzzy back. [break][break]

NOTES

Zachary's listened and understood the rules. Taking Raichu aside, the two work up a strategy, involving one of Raichu's more notable moves. Hermes gleams with Mischief. [break]
Dizzy and Zachary's other pokemon are on the sidelines cheering their trainer on-- while enjoying Popcorn! [break]
Zachary joins the racers at the starting line, ready to go atop of Hermes tail.[break]
Hermes Racing-Rank Stats: 8 Total[break]
Speed:B[break]
Endurance:B (Max speed move/Tera boost: 3) [break]
Reaction: C.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.zachary1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".zachary1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 18:54:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/nintendo-gamecube-gcn/f-zero-gx/225a%20-%20For%20The%20Glory%20-feat.%20Mute%20City%27s%20Theme-%20%28Mute%20City%29.mp3[/player]
🎼 THEME SONG - For the Glory! (ft. Mute City's Theme) - F-ZERO GX OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK

Seeing Zachary's team make themselves at home within the crowd of season-pass holders made Josh's heart warm inside; it was rare to see that kind of camaraderie among a challenger's entire team. His eyes shifted to the sky as popcorn rained down upon the front few rows of fans like cascading fireworks. Josh wouldn't even have to clean the mess up; his Pokémon would no doubt devour the tasty food when the crowd cleared out. The Gym Leader's hair stood on end as the two Raichu trash-talked one another, electricity arcing between their pairs of cheeks.

Josh gave the giant electric rodent a gentle pat as Zachary had a pep talk with Hermes. Seeing how the trainer mounted -- by surfing on the Pokémon's tail alongside it rather than sitting on its back -- made Josh reconsider whether he wanted to raise an Alolan Raichu himself. It would certainly be a speedy way to travel over both land or water, but it would be very different than what he was used to. Even so, Toralf was quick, and he had a secret weapon that would put him ahead of Hermes in a pinch. "I'm sure it will be exciting the whole way; Toralf's no slouch in speed, either," Josh retorted.

Once all the competitors indicated they were ready, three still images of the legendary Pokémon Raikou, sprinting at full speed, faded into view along with a "GET READY" prompt. Said stills disappeared rhythmically, one at a time. Alongside each, a loud, low-pitched squawk blared as an aural indicator of the countdown and allowing the racers to more easily time their accelerating leaps off the line. The fourth such sound was higher-pitched as the final image vanished, the text "GET READY" shifting to "GO". The moment the starting buzzer sounded, Josh and his Gym Trainers jabbed at their mounts' sides with their knees, battling for early position.

INSTRUCTIONS

After each posting round, a prompt describing the upcoming section of the track will be posted. These prompts may highlight different sections of the course on each lap. You will react to the prompt, then [ roll ] twice. For the first lap, the Leader's rolls will be capped at 130 before modifiers.

LAP 1 | OBSTACLE 1

Prompt: The course begins with a series of three right-angle, uphill turns on a wide track, coming at competitors with increasingly rapid succession. The turns are sharp, but racers have plenty of width to find positioning. While there is little danger of a wipeout, wide turns are not advised without a plan due to how much extra ground the Pokémon would need to cover. A long straight stretch follows the third turn.

Target Number: 105 (Reaction)

Special: None

close tab

played by

Zaber

He/him
Trainer
Civilian
awards
232 posts
part of
TAG WITH @zachary
zachary stellar
POSTED ON May 15, 2024 15:42:08 GMT
zachary stellar Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Zachary and Raichu were ready to go. While he didn't have a helmet, he had to place his faith in Raichu to keep him safe too. He didn't have many doubts that Hermes would put him in danger, but he was a 'reckless rodent' from what they saw during the events on the ocean path to Mawville City. However, that recklessness was what made Raichu such a great speed-demon. He was now sparking with excitement, his cheeks discharging with both competition at his new rival Raichu, but also excited to race with other people. Something he never got on the ocean alone. [break][break] They all were lined up at the starting line, Hermes position between the Raichu and the Jolteon. Zachary's biggest guess was the Jolteon was the fastest, so it was odd to think Josh's Raichu was far 'faster'. [break][break] The signs on the starting line went off-- signaling the beginning of the race. [break][break] Get ready... Get Ready... Get Ready Get... Get Ready...[break][break]GOOO!!![break][break] The moment the horn went off-- a violent shock of force took off and caused a dust cloud behind them as everyone kicked off-- especially Hermes! At the sound of the buzzer, the Alola Raichu let out such a burst of psychic force it caused an eruption of it behind him, sending him flying forward! [break][break] Zachary felt the jolt of movement as he held on to Hermes' back, carried forward by the same psychic force that kept the Raichu afloat as they all sped forward! The rush of the wind, even the mild surge of electricity went through his body-- in the good way, making it exciting as he rode on Raichu's tail! [break][break] The uphill turns looked annoying as they were trying to gain speed! Seeing the turn, Hermes guided his Psychic to maneuver the turns. Trying to be mindful of also the other racers, they rode up the first turn, seeing the uphill incline and using the Psychic force to continue to push his momentum! [break][break] The next two-- however would result in a full 180-degree turn and it wouldn't be easy! Raichu veered to the left a touch-- only to dig in as he surfed over the ground, gaining speed to make the turn sharply. [break][break] "Hermes-- use Psychic to navigate the turn too! Then when we clear it, step on it!" Zachary called to him over the rush of wind in their ears. [break][break] Hermes gave a roudy cry as if to say "I know!" and then entered the turn. [break][break] Heremes entered the sharp turn, along with other racers. However, as if surfing on the wind itself-- Hermes suddenly rose up, his tail surfing an area in the thin air! As if he was on some kind of ramp on a skateboard course, he rode an 'invisible' incline to make the turn as close as possible. [break][break] THe moment he saw the straight line of movement-- the Alola Raichu gave a happy jump! The psychic burst once again acting like a gas-and-break pedal on a car. The Raichu sped forward, entering the long stretch! [break][break] A touch of fear shook Zachary! Fear and excitement as he rode on Raichu's tail. He felt in place on the tail and touching his back, but it didn't remove the danger of the race-- and more so, the excitement as he felt Hermes shoot down the track! [break][break]
UdedTFYG
[break][break]

NOTES

The Race starts-- and Raichu bursts forward with a shot of Psychic speed. [break]
Hermes uses Psychic to navigate the turns, surfing on 'air' for the turns! [break]
Hermes Racing-Rank Stats: 8 Total[break]
Speed:B[break]
Endurance:B (Max speed move/Tera boost: 3) [break]
Reaction: C.

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

·
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights