nina larson
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 10, 2024 0:22:15 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango nina"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
war approached – the first she would fight in since her recruitment. though her strength had grown in rocket, her nerves were building.[break][break]

aiming to train hard at a disadvantage, she gathered her strongest water-types and went north of dewford, into the greenery of route 102.[break][break]

it was not long before she heard the growl of thunder without rain. an electrode grinned menacingly as it guarded a family of sleeping voltorb. she realized they were many, littered around in the tall grass like waiting bombs.[break][break]

”be careful, guys. don't bump into any of them and we'll be fine.”[break][break]

maybe this wasn't such a good idea...[break][break]

it was clear there would be no getting away without a fight. while her starmie rolled forward to claim the battle, nina released a togepi into her arms for luck, bouncing it a little to brighten its mood.[break][break]

”there, togepi! look how silly it looks!” she whispered, and the egg trilled and grinned, charming the sparking voltorb briefly.[break][break]

-[break][break]

open mission: voltorb obstruction (ii)

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".nina"] --accent:#6e9faa!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #6e9faa } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 10, 2024 9:13:41 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"]
Cass heard the crackle of thunder, and then looked up at the sky - it's as clear a day as ever, which means ... there must be an electric type nearby. She is concerned for a moment if something happened, and moved towards the sound, accompanied by her Trubbish Jon, her Comfey Martin (who masks the garbage smell with Aromatherapy) and a new addition to her team - an Empoleon that she called Xinlan. Xinlan's righteousness and knightness makes her rush forward the most, but ...

Empoleon are more suited for a slow, regal walk.

As soon as another person comes in view, twirling her Togepi around, Xinlan inevitably trips. The small pouch that she's been carrying for Cass is sent flying, and Cass can only watch (in slow-motion, in her heart) how it's sent flying right into the mass of Voltorbs.

And lands neatly in-between.

"Oh my Arceus," she whispers, staring at the situation at hand, then at the other person - who maybe wanted to train here? The Togepi is charming enough, at least, not to charm only the Voltorb, but also Cass thoroughly, causing her to lose focus for a moment. "Oh, that's a really cute Tog- uh, hi! I hope we didn't interrupt your training, and ehm, maybe we can join you ...?" she asks, trying to put on a charming smile as well- that's just awkward now.

And she also, backhandedly, recalls a Xinlan in shock. She'd only suffer more with her type disadvantage and clumsiness.

[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
but i still haven't found what i'm looking for
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 10, 2024 21:45:59 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
noticing its audience grow, the togepi giggled and waggled the nubs of its arms. it seemed oblivious to the gravity of their predicament, or maybe it just didn’t care.[break][break]

static sparked over the surface of the electrode, catching nina’s focused eye even as the other trainer stepped into dangerous territory.[break][break]

”hey!” she greeted, still locked in a staring contest with their foe. ”sounds good. i think we could probably use a hand here anyways – but look out for the voltorb in the grass.”[break][break]

there were many hidden, likely to wake up soon, if they didn’t simply explode during the battle that was about to ensue.[break][break]

the electrode began to charge its attack, not waiting for introductions. as the starfish glowed with its cosmic power, nina stole a glance at their new company.[break][break]

”i have mostly water-types. hope you guys can hold your own.”[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #6e9faa } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 11, 2024 21:35:16 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"]
Cass really wishes she'd bring Umlaut - the Toedscruel could easily deal with electric attacks at least, and he can be quite stealthy if he really wants to. At least he's not one to disrupt nap time when everyone's in a pile on the floor. But, she'd have to make do. "Yeah, that's ... that's a really tall order," she remarks, looking around with concern - but she takes a deep breath. Now's not the time to give up on all that.

"We'll do our best," she reassures the other, and- oh, right! "I'm Cass, by the way." She turns to the charging electrode again, and taps Martin. "Martin, activate Grassy Terrain. Let's stay up," she commands him, and her Comfey lowers down, gently sending energy through the earth. It's subtle enough not to wake any Voltorbs just yet, and provide a little bit of healing over time.

"I don't think I'll have any ground moves with mine, but we'll figure it out." She turns to Martin again, who starts floating up a bit after embuing their environment with magic. She's focused on her pouch, too ... oh dear. If one of those decide to explode, it'd be gone for ...

Her hands hover over one more pokéball. "Let's make it quick," she adds, summoning Joseph, her Mr Rime (Mx Rime?). "You're nimble, right? Can you start progressing towards the pouch there?" Usually with a mild personality, he now looks at her as if she's gotten a heavy ball straight at the head.

[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 12, 2024 2:29:24 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
”nice to meet you.”[break][break]

cass was just a kid, by the looks of it. late teens; maybe even a student. hopefully, a full team meant she’d been training for a while, and they’d both make it out of there alive.[break][break]

she nodded, echoing, ”no worries! but once this electrode’s down, we should probably make a break for it, in case the others wake up.”[break][break]

there were surely far too many in the swarm to contend with, even with full parties.[break][break]

as starmie neared the electrode, nina called out, ”give it space, starmie. power gem!”[break][break]

its gemstone glowed, sparkling like stars and striking the electrode from afar with bright, celestial power.[break][break]

the sparking electric-type dropped to the ground – and promptly began a rollout towards them.[break][break]

”look out!”[break][break]

starmie dodged, and the rollout continued, coming back around, and heading for the next target – perhaps cass’s mr rime.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".nina"] --accent:#5e94a1!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #5e94a1 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; overflow:hidden;} .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 20:54:26 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass nods at Nina's words, eyes locked on her pouch - her hands rest on another pokéball, too, but she doesn't call her most agile dancer yet. The Power Gem hits, but the Electrode's not taken down by a single blow, unfortunately. Starmie could dodge the Rollout, but- oh, there it comes.

"Teeter Dance!" Cass commands, her voice an odd mix of rushed shout and whisper. Immediately, Joseph falls into pace, tip-toeing tap dancing out of the way of the Rollout, and also managing to disorient the Electrode enough to str- "Move on!" Cass urges him through gritted teeth, while looking at Martin, then- "Sona, come out. Let's, uh, play some golf."

The Tinkatuff looks at her trainer with an incredulous look in her eyes. "Sorry, nothing is really precise enough not to wake the others ..." However, Sona is too far to get a precise shot in, and ... as much as Cass loves her, she's really not the most dexterous out there. And the other ranged attacks she can think of right now have a bit of a splash damage zone which isn't too great. Cass looks at the other trainer if she's got any better shots at the Electrode, while also staring at some of the mimimimi Voltorbs ... "Hypnosis," she shout-whispers to her Mr Rime.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 3:33:02 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
prrri![break][break]

nina rocked the togepi in her arms, hoping to calm it enough for a yawn, but it shrieked again, utterly thrilled by the mr rime’s funny dance.[break][break]

”golf?” nina echoed quietly with great concern, hoping she’d heard incorrectly.[break][break]

please no please no please no…[break][break]

luckily, no golfing ensued. instead, the electrode was soothed to sleep by the mime, and she breathed a huge sigh of relief. ”thanks for your help. that could’ve been so–“[break][break]

an explosion suddenly happened behind her when her carracosta tripped over one of the voltorb, causing the tortoise to roar loudly and wake up what others managed to remain asleep.[break][break]

”bad. shit. run!”[break][break]

nina took off in as agile a zig-zag as she could manage around sparking obstacles. her pokemon followed, the carracosta tripping one more time clumsily as it hurried along.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 17, 2024 13:15:27 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Now that the idea has left the confinement of Cass' mind, in which everything generally sounds like a good idea, the teen feels her cheeks redden. "Uh, yeah, I thought like- if they don't explode- that fast, then maybe- we could get it somewhere else ..." She, admittedly, has never seen any pokémon explode yet.

That is, until now. And even then, she only felt the heat of the impact, almost throwing her off-balance. "!!!" she barely held back a scream, trying to keep quiet even if it's futile now, anyway. Martin floats away unharmed, while Cass makes a break for it as well, following closely behind Nina. It's only fortunate that Jon's in her arms, highly alert, using Sludge Bombs to keep dangerously close Voltorbs and Electrodes away.

Sona is escaping by virtue of Skitter Smack, but doesn't actually hit anything - just uses the first stretch to get behind, and then get the hell out of there. She, by miracle, does manage to hit the pouch, sending it flying safely into the grass where Cass would search later. There's only one of her mons still there ... ... Joseph, dancing and dodging for his life as he combines his Teeter Dance with some Hypnosis and follows suit.

Out of breath, Cass would come to a halt when Nina does. She forces herself to take deep breaths, but also lets herself fall onto safe grass. "That was ... one hell of a workout." She definitely feels some burn scars on herself. "Are you ... alright?"

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 21:54:52 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
prrri![break][break]

once safe, she set togepi on the ground, hands on her knees to catch her breath. although team rocket’s rigorous training routines kept her in shape, she’d been running for her life.[break][break]

she looked over with concern at the teen who’d fallen into the grass. she seemed mostly fine except… was that a burn?[break][break]

”yeah, i’m fine. don’t worry about me.” she waved a hand, still panting a little before she straightened. ”cass, right? are you okay? looks like one of them got you...”[break][break]

pi![break][break]

the tiny fairy-type she’d been holding waddled over to, proceeding to toss water on her.[break][break]

”togepi!” nina grabbed up the egg quickly. ”sorry. it’s life dew, though. it should help.”[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 21, 2024 18:55:04 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass is breathing heavily, forcing herself to slow it so she could actually get some proper oxygen intake to recover. It's also distracting her from a rather painful sharpness around her leg area. "Yeah, I'm-" she starts, before taking in Nina's words proper.

And the pain sets in.

She hisses, and then hisses again as the Togepi splashed water on it, and the burn gradually fades. Her skin's still red, but she feels the sharpness, the heat fade into soothing cool. "Thank you, I didn't notice that," she says, now looking almost embarrassed - her pain tolerance could be almost worrying at times. She carefully stands up, and would questioningly raise her hand, asking both Nina and the Togepi for permission to pet her healer.

"But you're really good, having dodged all of them - that was quite the minefield, huh?" she laughs, trying to calm her heart down from that almost real near death experience there. (Given pokémon and their abilities, this actually still counts as normal.) "Never ran that fast in my life before."

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 21:22:00 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

”oh, go ahead,” nina smiled with a reassuring nod at cass’s hesitation to pet the togepi. the fairy-type moved underneath the girl’s hand, trilling brightly once more. the happier the egg was kept, the better their day would surely be.[break][break]

”i’ll say. and thanks, but that was all luck. could’ve been a lot worse. next time i think to come out here and train, i’ll be sure to bring something that can get us out of a mess like that.”[break][break]

she sighed, putting hands on her hips and deciding they were probably done for the day, even after having just gotten there. one near death experience was enough for a casual training session.[break][break]

”where are you guys headed, anyways?”[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

ema

cass, cassie
she/her
seventeen
november 7th
petalburg city, hoenn
grey-aroace
student (private school)
civilian
single
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
553 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cass
Cassandra Kubrick
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 10:13:09 GMT
Cassandra Kubrick Avatar
Cass' face immediately smiles fondly as the Togepi goes for the pet first, and she indulges for a moment in making the little egg as happy as can be. She does listen to Nina while doing so, and nods with a more serious face (an attempt; the Togepi is too adorable to actually stay too serious).

"Yeah, maybe a flying type would be good to bring ... or something really tanky," she wonders, taking one hand off the Togepi to do the classic thinker pose, "But I think swooping in and getting you out is probably the best?" She glances back at the direction they just came from. It's eeriely quiet, but frankly, she really preferred that over an Overture 1812.

"Oh, we're on our way to Petalburg City - are you headed there, too?" she wonders. Partially motivated by the Togepi's presence, she does also think it might be nice to chat for a while if it worked out for both of their journey plans.

close tab

played by

mad

nina
she/her
december 12
castelia city, unova
heterosexual
thief / con artist
associate
just a liar
wherever i go
5'6'' height
5'6'' height
awards
735 posts
nina larson DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nina
nina larson
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 23:29:09 GMT
nina larson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

”i’d be careful with flying-types around here. electric-type attacks are super-effective against them. don’t want to be caught in the air with one at least, that’s for sure.”[break][break]

her gaze followed to where they’d come from. no overture 1812, but still, through the silence, a shock of thunder shook the leaves and the ground beneath them.[break][break]

she took it as her cue to go, and tagging along would ensure they both made it safely back to civilization. she’d sleep easier.[break][break]

with a smile at cass, she nodded, ”we are now.”[break][break]

she reached down for the baby fairy-type in the grass. ”come on, togepi.” but it made a face, sticking closer to cass. nina’s hands fell away, not wanting to upset her lucky charm. ”okay, then. looks like you made a new friend.”[break][break]

shortly after, they'd hit the path towards petalburg, starmie rolling along, carracosta paying closer mind to its footing, and togepi not leaving cass’s side for a moment.[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,486 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
minefield (ii)
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 20:40:52 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven