part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ultra Crater: HE
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 0:56:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar

ULTRA CRATER

prompts

05 harvest the fertile soil or plants of the land.
16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base (e.g. underground tunnels, outskirts, abandoned homes).
20 excavate or stumble upon an old megalopolan spacecraft or dead celesteela in a crater that has been buried deep underground; in the process, encounter evidence that only ultra beasts used to live here.
27 discover dilapidated bunkers underground or in the jungle. these bunkers have been made by megalopolans seeking shelter from the heat, the humidity, and ultra beasts.

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: will be able to capture a CELESTEELA or KARTANA during this expedition. they may consider capturing an infantile celesteela or more a docile kartana; however, catching one may incur the wrath of more mature ultra beasts in the realm and cause multiple earthquakes, eruptions, or celesteela launches toward your location.[break][break]

Instead of an ULTRA BEAST, they may encounter and catch a ZARUDE that has wandered into this rift from Hoenn instead.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 1:14:56 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Ever been here before, Howard?" Honestly, she wonders how the hell she'd convinced him to come along on this journey. Perhaps, it was the trade offer that she'd take care of his meals for a whole two weeks if he just tagged along.[break][break]

"The whole forest is alive and would eat you right up if it had the chance. And there's weird craters that ask for strange thing. And when you present a pokemon that matches that description, the moon rises. Crazy stuff."[break][break]

The path slopes downwards into a dark nothingness, invites only the bravest of souls to venture forward and discover what hides within this labyrinth of a cave system. Up ahead, Aether chirps and waves, his Illumina markings brightening up the path just enough to ensure that they don't trip over loosely jutting rocks or the like.[break][break]

For a moment, Eris pauses, weighed down by a strange sensation that she can't quite seem to shake. And she'll reach out the walls, gently touching the surfaces, only to pull away with a palm coated by a thin layer of sand. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary... so she'll shove that thought to that back of her mind for now.[break][break]

"That said I have zero clue about the underground. Never been down here, y'know? So uh... stick close? Don't get eaten?" Dusting her palm off on her clothes, she turns back to him with a rather confident smile. "With any luck, we'll find a safe spot to make a base!"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]ultra crater
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
2,261 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 3:18:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Nah, never been." The admin swallowed nervously as he poked through the wilderness. In truth, he had been, once, with Necrozma's chosen. He tried to bury that memory though. For the purpose of this visit, this was his first time. He couldn't rely on the Devourer for protection this time. "Reminds me of Fortree, though."

Hoenn's jungles were thick, humid, and dangerous. At least those jungles had Tropius berries. These just had explosive bamboo spaceships that could level a rainforest on liftoff.

Luckily they were in a cave.

"Not to worry. Caves are my specialty. Your small hands will be a huge asset down here!" Even in another universe, child labor lived on. Eris yearned for the mines, after all. "I doubt we'll be safe for a little while. We need to get deeper in to avoid the chaotic surface. Getting really sick of Celesteelas."

As if to prove his point, the admin kicked a stone wall as they descended deeper into the crater's bowels.

CLANG!

Instead of stone, Howard's foot struck steel.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 3:51:27 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Don't be nervous. Momma said that getting all nervous makes you more likely to trip when you need to run from danger. And that's how a lot of people die in movies and stuff."[break][break]

Lenore's handy adventure guide, page 2. She has yet to see this been proven wrong.[break][break]

"I guess if we go deep enough, the Celesteela explosions won't matter as much..."[break][break]

Go down a few more lines and you would see a tip saying to trust your senses. Which also means that the clang of boots against the wall makes her raise a brow. And she'll walk up to the wall herself, giving in a light kick of her own.[break][break]

CLANG![break][break]

"Well, that ain't rock." Way to state the obvious. Leaning into the wall, she presses a ear up against it and knocks. "Sounds hollow."[break][break]

A secret room perhaps? The easiest way would be to blast it wide open, but that would risk damaging whatever lays within. It's a problem for anyone who wishes to excavate the wonders of this land. Or at least, it would be if not for Reiner gently pressing his paw against the opposing wall and releasing a sharp jolt of electricity.[break][break]

CRACK! The wall splits with a small crack, a spine-chilling screech echoing through the tunnel as a segment begins to creak its way open, then stops abruptly with repeated scratching and a low groan. A quick peer into that small opening reveals a strange room, what seems to be overturned furniture and rusty metal just barely illuminated by Aether's soft glow.[break][break]

A quick glance to Reiner. "How'd you-" A soft grunt as he closes his eyes and sighs. "Right... see through walls."[break][break]

Turning her attention back to the door, Eris knows that she can just about squeeze her way through. And despite Reiner's protests, she does so with Aether in tow.[break][break]

Her boots inch aside any scraps and debris that are scattered on the ground, all with dull scrapes and thunks that hint at their composition beneath layers of rust and dust. Surprisingly, the insides of this room are rather spacious if you learn to ignore the clutter.[break][break]

"Don't think there's anything dangerous in here." Kneeling down, she picks up what seems to be a tattered book from the ground and gives it a good dusting off. Foreign letters line the pages wherever the ink has yet to fade, strange script making her wonder if this is even a book at all.[break][break]

"How do you even read this?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
2,261 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 4:06:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
If they went deep enough, Eris and Howard could die to a cave-in instead of Celesteela's liftoff.

"Nice work, Reiner." Howard let out a laugh and scratched the Luxray's ears with jolly merriment. Reiner was almost as reliable as Shirley. He would've liked to see his Aerodactyl interact with Eris's Luxray, but Howard didn't bother to bring the Aerodactyl with him anymore.

Not after Area Zero. Shirley was constantly by his side, and had been since the beginning. She was his first Pokémon, and the one that mattered most to him. They were inseparable, but after she lost her eye, those similarities had become too close.

He could not bear to look into her remaining eye and see himself.

Deep in thought, he stumbled, catching himself on Reiner's fluffy form. After standing up, Howard poked around the bunker, looking for clues. After Eris found a tattered book, the admin poked his head out from behind her shoulder. He peered at the notebook, silently translating it. With dozens of languages under his belt, learning another had been no issue.

"It looks like a soil report." He said over her shoulder. "They were probably trying to bring materials back to their own world to revitalize it. Desperate. Can't do anything without light."

Howard pointed at a stairwell descending deeper into the bunker.

"After you, little lady."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 4:22:05 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]One after another, they all head into the bunker and leave Reiner with no options but to follow along. With bristling fur and scrunched nose, it's clear that he doesn't quite enjoy the staleness of air. But between having to endure the smell and the thought of being left alone outside of this room, he's willing to take his chances.[break][break]

Eris, on the other hand, stares up at Howard in wonder.[break][break]

"They?" Their own world? A lightless land? "You mean these were written by Megalopolans?"[break][break]

That's the only logical conclusion she can make after having been there once. And well, putting two and two together about his phrasing.[break][break]

"If we follow that line of reasoning, they must've had a way back..." Like a spaceship, perhaps. Though, she's really had enough of spaceships and Megalopolan run-ins for a lifetime. Carefully handing the papers over to Howard, she begins to make her way towards the stairs. This time, with Reiner oh so stubbornly taking point.[break][break]

At this point, they've all seemed to have gotten used to the fact that Howard would probably never let himself go first lest there's danger. Picking up a few loose pieces of debris, Eris tosses them down the stairwell and listens close. The stairs creak with each clunk the chunks make, then softly crunch against what sounds like solid rock.[break][break]

For now, it seems safe to walk. Though in the worst case scenario, she's certain that the Pichu napping within her backpack would sooner tear this place apart than let her fall to her death.[break][break]

"Anyways, what exactly does the soil report say? Do you think we could take that soil for your own farm too?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,261 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 4:34:35 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The Megalopolans. Howard was getting pretty sick of those blue fuckers after Route 119.

"Yeah, it wasn't an easy translation, I'll tell you that. Most languages I know can ultimately be traced to the same tree. When it comes to another universe's languages, we're talking a completely different forest. I had to relearn everything from scratch."

It helped that Rocket had Velmos and Jules in their custody. Their testimonies sped up the process greatly. Even if they were enemies, and Jules was partially responsible for the displacement of New Mauville's Regi Ruin, Howard used whatever assets he had in the pursuit of knowledge.

If he was going to be a part of Rocket, it was best to reap the benefits.

"Sure. Let's see if the Megalopolans left us anything useful after running this place into the ground." Howard followed Eris down the stairwell. When they reached the rock basement, there was another large door. With Howard's great (poor) physical strength, the exit door to the bunker grinded open.

"Wow." Howard's eye widened as he and Eris bore witness to a giant Celesteela that had partially fused into the stone walls of the cave. Around its fallen corpse, life bloomed. Flowers and trees dotted the inside of this pocket of Eden. "You seeing this, little lady?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 4:51:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Wonder if I could learn it too... teach me sometime?" Even in dark times and horribly lit corridors, her smile shines bright for Howard. Anything in the pursuit of knowledge.[break][break]

Oh, what she would've given for her mother to be here exploring all these things with her.[break][break]

As the door opens, she wonders just what happened here. The Celesteela corpse, the abundance of life? For better or for worse, the grimness of the situation is buried under the weight of discovery.[break][break]

"I guess their research paid off, huh..." Her eyes flit over the flora, then turn to the Donphan in the room. "Is that..."[break][break]

Creeping closer, she dares to prod, and in turn is rewarded with the confirmation that it is in fact, dead. Much to Reiner's relief as he gently tugs her away from the body.[break][break]

"How long has this been down here...?" It had to have been long enough for the fusing to occur. "How did it even get down here in the first place?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,261 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 4:59:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
There is no way to easily verify how the Celesteela made it so deep underground, but the admin had his suspicions. As an archaeologist and geologist, he could make an educated guess.

"This is an old world, little lady. Constantly changing. It could've simply failed to launch, or a mountain could've collapsed on it. It could've just died. The best way to describe this would be..." The admin snapped his fingers. "...a living fossil!"

When hundreds of tons of stone collapsed onto a living being, all that remained were the whispers of the past.

"This place is pretty lively, though. Look at all these plants!" Howard sucked on his teeth as he looked around. Suddenly, he had an idea. and would likely agree that this was a prudent strategy. "I'm going to take a few soil samples. See if we can replicate this back home."

Without blinking, Howard began to grub about in the dirt while Eris watched. The familiar sensation of soil getting under his fingernails reminded the archaeologist of a better time.

He was silent for a spell.

"Did you really want to learn?" He said quietly. "Megalopolan script, I mean."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 5:11:20 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"A fossil, huh?" She stares at the beast for a while, then reaches into her pocket to pull out her phone. A quick snap preserves this sight for future reference, allowing her to think on the possibilities with this window to the past.[break][break]

When he begins rifling through the soil, she joins him in getting her hands straight into it. It's a rather pleasant sensation, evokes many memories of tending to her gardens back home. And for a moment, she wonders if using the soil in her own gardens would help her plants grow.[break][break]

At least, until Howard breaks the atmosphere of moving dirt and tumbling pebbles that loosen from the chunks.[break][break]

"I mean... It'd be nice to understand them. And maybe someday, that'd help us with talking to them? Let us get along with each other?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,261 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 5:39:56 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You think so?"

He thought about it for a spell. The Megalopolans were their enemies. They sought to invade Hoenn for their own means. Both League and Rocket had chained up their highest ranking militant leaders under the guise of integrating them into human society, as if such a thing were possible. Rocket did not even pretend.

Jules and Velmos were criminals, and they had been chained up to be sharply questioned. That was the extent of their futures within Rocket.

Did they pray for a League victory, as well?

"I'd like to see that. A world where we can coexist. We live alongside Pokémon, why not them?" It felt like a distant dream, though. Humans were ruthless, violent, and had a penchant for self-destruction. Perhaps that was all they were capable of. "A world with no strife."

He looked up the Celesteela.

"A world where you can grow up happy."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 13, 2024 5:51:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Well, I don't know for sure, but can't hurt to try, right?" Sometimes, the littlest of hopes could spark something in their future. But for now, she must settle upon the present. Which is to say -[break][break]

"I am happy." Grabbing ahold of his hand, she grins. "Well, I mean things could definitely be a lot better in this region. But right now, exploring this place with you makes me happy. Living with Isaac and having so many other people looking out for me... even hanging out with Mesprit, even if they just eat all the food."[break][break]

From her backpack, a sharp snort is soon consumed by gentle snoring.[break][break]

Taking ahold of the soil reports once more, she folds them up and tucks them neatly into her bag. For a moment, she swears that she feels the pages resist her. Perhaps, the passage of time has hardened its surface?[break][break]

"For future references. When we get to learning the language, yeah? For now, grab your soil and let's get outta here!"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
catching a sneaky lil kartana in the soil report[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven