6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[M][C/Eddie] Orthopedic Ordeal
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 18:12:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Bandages and a splint masked the Stealth Rock-shaped holes in Josh's left arm, Mastema the Togekiss occupying the empty space where the large room's second hospital bed would be located. Every time his eyes shifted toward the fairy-type's saddle, he longed to sit in it. But he could not. Not with his left arm's two major bones in pieces. The Pokémon showered him with LIFE DEW like clockwork, for if he didn't, his trainer would be in so much pain that his entire body could go into shock.

Next to him was his RAINBOW FEATHER, one of the few things that kept him going. He could feel the electricity radiating from within the Beast's vessel, also making him long for his Gym. He at first tried to pull up the RONDEZ-VIEW OF LUV app on his phone, but with only one hand, operating the device proved to be too cumbersome so soon after the first phase of his surgery had been finished. Instead, he turned on the television, putting on a popular quiz show. There was a Masters tournament going on, the producers bringing back some of the game's biggest winners to test their mettle against some of the most obscure clues ever written.

At least his tenth-floor room gave him a good view of Mauville City's skyline...

{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
when everything is in disarray, i think we'll be okay!
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 10:40:09 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb eddietemptest"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage1"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
lying on your side [break]
sinking like a stone

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

Eddie hated hospitals. [break][break]

The last time he had visited one had been close to a decade ago, crowded with his brothers and cousins around his grandfather's deathbed. The bright fluorescent lights and the pervasive smell of disinfectant could only remind Eddie of grief, even as one of the cheerful staff members at the nurse's station pointed him in the direction of the gym leader's room. Josh wasn't dead, and neither was he, but it still felt as though that specter clamored around them, eagerly awaiting their next misstep. [break][break]

Which is why he'd brought Blanche along for moral support, just as much for him as it was for Josh. The Hisuian Growlithe barked happily at one of the doctors they passed in the hall, tail wagging and tongue lolled to the side, and Eddie quietly instructed her to leave the nice people alone so they could do their very important work. His tired eyes studied the room numbers as they passed one by one, and, once Eddie had found his destination, he carefully adjusted the large stuffed Raikou under his arm before rapping his knuckles against the door-frame to announce his presence, [break][break]

“Housekeeping,” he called jokingly, and Blanche barked again with gregarious glee.

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".eddietemptest"]--accent: #d4a53c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #d4a53c; --url:url(https://i.imgur.com/PhdKZzU.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 12px/13px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 12px/13px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage1"]height: 125px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-27px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:11px/12px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 10px/13px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 25px 30px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 80px; width: 80px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 21:39:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh heard 's voice and chuckled. The young man and war courier victor sure had a sense of humor. "Door's open," he called out before his attention was drawn back to the game show. The private may have been able to hear him answer a clue, "Who is Giovanni Paoli?" as he played along with the game show.

Were Eddie to open the door and step into the room with his Growlithe, Mastema would shoot them a stern glance before resuming his hovering next to Josh, watching the show alongside him. "What is apotheosis?" he answered another clue before waving toward his friend with his good arm. "Hey, Eddie. Thanks for stopping by. It means a lot. You ever watched this show?"

{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 9:56:39 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
sinking like a stone

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

With permission granted to enter, Eddie quietly opened the door to the room and stepped inside, striding over to Josh's bedside with measured steps. Some of that teasing mirth left him when he got to really see the state the gym leader was in, bandaged all up on his left arm and laid up in bed. Eddie frowned at the sight of it. It was a hell of a place for the poor kid to be in; it was no wonder that the Togekiss on the other side of the room glared at him like an overprotective mother, [break][break]

“Sure thing, bud,” he started, voice low and soft, half-afraid that even doing something as trivial as speaking would cause Josh further discomfort. [break][break]

Eddie looked up at the TV mounted high in the corner of the room, and his expression brightened briefly with recognition, [break][break]

“Sure have. It's one'a those trivia shows, right? I'm god awful at those, 'cept for, like, two super specific categories.” [break][break]

Usually ones involving anything to do with architecture and construction, or ones involving theater. Not that he'd willingly admit to the latter; he had an image to maintain. [break][break]

Though, speaking of, Eddie realized that he'd nearly forgotten his gift. He turned back to Josh and brought out the stuffed Raikou he'd half-hidden at his side, presenting it with a little hesitation, [break][break]

“I picked ya up somethin'. Not sure if ya got space for 'im in your office, but, uh, I thought it might be worth a shot.” [break][break]

Eddie paused, [break][break]

“How, uh... how are ya holdin' up?” [break][break]

Physically and mentally, even if the answer to the former was probably kind of obvious. But Eddie vaguely wondered about the latter; how was Josh coping after all of the shit they went through in that prison? Maybe he was resilient, unbothered by just another weird thing that just happened to go down in Hoenn; he was a gym leader, after all. Or maybe he was like Eddie, sleep-deprived and running on fumes, because he couldn't stop dreaming about being trapped in his cell, or of his Copperajah being killed, or of his cellmate getting clocked by Okidogi. [break][break]

God, Eddie really hoped that Josh wasn't like him.

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #d4a53c; --url:url(https://i.imgur.com/PhdKZzU.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimage1"]height: 125px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-27px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:11px/12px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 10px/13px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 25px 30px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 80px; width: 80px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 1:35:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Eddie was in luck; unlike the last time Josh was in the hospital, where he ached all over his body, it was just the one side. "Yep. This show's been around since before my parents were born," Josh answered as the show went to a commercial break after the first round was over. "The same person hosted that show for almost fifty years. Cancer took his life a few years ago, and now they have a former champion hosting it. Bennie, I think his name is. Was on for something like 80 shows in a row not long before I was born." Josh's best categories involved science and topics covered in school. "This is a Masters tournament, though. They gotta come up with clues that stump even the best in the world."

Josh reached for the stuffed Raikou and stuck the RAINBOW FEATHER containing the Sacred Ash Raikou between the tufts composing the toy's white mane. "This is... exactly like the one that Ho-oh..." he trailed off, cuddling the soft, yellow tiger. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

The long pause cause Josh's attention to briefly shift to a car commercial that made him laugh. One of those stupid car commercials that makes the masses wonder what kind of brain was needed to come up with it.

"Not bad, all things considered," the Champion answered. "You know this is my third time in a hospital bed since I came to Hoenn, right? When I got shot with Bullet Seed last fall, that was way worse. I can at least move without being in pain. Just gotta have Mastema shower me with Life Dew every few hours." His eyes shifted toward the feather again. "In a way, though, I'm dreading getting out of here, too. Cause... well, you know about the feather now, right?"

{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON May 26, 2024 12:33:23 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
sinking like a stone

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Good God, it was really starting to sink in how old Eddie actually was, because he had probably been sitting cross-legged in front of the family TV as a kid watching episodes of this show when Josh was still just a twinkle in his father's eye. Eddie almost shuddered at the thought as he passed the Raikou over, until his eyes caught the prismatic shine of the RAINBOW FEATHER. Another friend of the Emergent? It was almost starting to piss Eddie off when he thought of how many loved ones the former champion had left behind, [break][break]

“I'm glad ya like it.” [break][break]

He let the conversation lull as he watched the Gym Leader hold the stuffed Pokemon close. For a moment, Josh looked more like a child than he did a gym leader, or ranger, or champion-ranked trainer, and that just made what came next so much worse. [break][break]

Eddie remembered seeing the Bullet Seeds kept in the glass jar on Josh's desk. And Eddie remembered the feather, too, and remembered seeing Josh consumed by righteous fury when they confronted the Megalopolan mastermind behind their incarceration. The Josh of Ultra Megalopolis seemed like an entirely different man than the boy huddled in a hospital bed with a plushie cradled in his arms, [break][break]

“I do.” [break][break]

And Eddie didn't blame Josh for dreading what was to come once he left the hospital. That neat little trick with the summoned Raikou would doubtless paint a target on the younger man's back, [break][break]

“Anythin' I can do?” [break][break]

Probably not, Eddie realized, but he'd still try to move heaven and earth to help his friends, even if he wasn't actually strong enough to bear that kind of weight.

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 1:08:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

Josh sat up just high enough to slip the Raikou onto his shoulder, his eyes shifting toward its face's soft yellow, blue, white, and gray embroidery periodically. "The world knows now, you know," Josh sighed. "I've been chasing Raikou since I was eleven years old, you know? The winter before last with Kyle, he brought his Raikou to my 24th birthday at Mauville Gym. And I got to race it across all of Hoenn. It was the most freeing, liberating thing at the time. And overwhelming. Just try to imagine riding a Pokémon that can run at...oh, around half the speed of sound."

The memories of Kyle came flooding back to him. That day, the Galar memory, their days searching for Chien-Pao at the Ancient Tomb between Fortree and Lilycove, and the day he got to race the Emergent's ashen Suicune across the waves surrounding Dewford.

"And now, I can experience it myself at will... once I get out of this Arceus-damned hospital," Josh barked, hissing as his left elbow bonked against the railing. "Owwwwww!"

After some heavy breathing, and clearing the anxiety from his mind, Josh tilted his head toward Eddie. "Come see me from time to time is all. Once I'm in rehab, I'm gonna need help too. I'm probably gonna have to learn to ride with only one arm for a while. Not even fast - just riding and balancing at all."

His eyes shifted back to the television as the show returned from a commercial break.

"Since I was a kid, I've dreamed of riding on the fastest Pokémon in the world. And now, I have the fastest land Pokémon in the world... and I can't."

{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 13:13:09 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
sinking like a stone

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Eddie chuckled a little breathlessly in disbelief. That was the sort of guy Kyle was, huh? He had godlike powers at his command, and while Eddie had certainly seen them in action during their fateful encounter with Kyogre, there was something charming about the thought of them being applied in more mundane contexts. Like, in this case, summoning Raikou to fulfill the childhood dream of a friend. It was no wonder that he was so loved by so many. [break][break]

There was a joke just on the tip of Eddie's tongue about the ashen beast's overwhelming speed until he heard Josh's sharp cry of pain, [break][break]

Easy, buddy.” Eddie leaned in, frowning as he watched Josh work away the worst of the pain through labored breaths, “Ya ain't gettin' outta here any quicker unless you rest.” [break][break]

But that frown eased away at the gym leader's offer. It was an easy enough ask, and purpose and direction had always been surefire cures for the worst of Eddie's woes. He nodded with what was probably a little too much enthusiasm, [break][break]

“You got it. Just say the word, an' I'll be there. I don't got a lot goin' on, outside'a runnin' wherever the League needs me.” [break][break]

His gaze followed Josh's back to the TV, and so did Blanche's from where the Growlithe sat dutifully at Eddie's side, [break][break]

“It ain't forever, yanno. Once yer all healed up, I bet you an' Sparky'll be runnin' all over the damn region.”

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 1:29:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

Josh shrugged in embarrassment with his right shoulder as Eddie leaned in, chiding him for his behavior. At least the rest of his body was strong enough for him to shift farther toward the right ever so slightly. He didn't feel completely immobile and helpless, unlike last time. "And I think I'm gonna need to learn sooner than later. I'll probably still be in rehab when this war begins... and the war's not gonna wait. Eddie, I'm a Champion now, you know? Hoenn's relying on me to fight Rocket. Even if I'm feeling well enough, but not 100 percent."

Josh grimaced at how much Eddie implied the League had been working him. "You're in Law Enforcement, right? They're gonna make you fight in the war. You won't get a choice." He trailed off, his arm starting to thump less and less. Without the miracles of Pokémon and modern medicine, a full arm amputation would have been the only option.

Pokémon really did have limitless possibilities, didn't they?

"I know, but once we're at war, soldiers like you are gonna depend on me for intel, medical supplies, and the like. Remember when you came to my Gym? Swift and I are gonna be doing that on a real battlefield. The Raikou's name is Swift."

, , , and many more had shown Josh that his place in the war was not on the front lines. , , and still others had shown him that intelligence was not his place, either. He was a supplier. A supplier with a potent weapon in the making. For that weapon to reach its full potential, he had to fight his own war. The war against himself.

"And Eddie, worst case, there's room for two on his thundercloud."

{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 17:00:01 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
sinking like a stone

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

“Sounds like kind of a raw deal. Ya claw yer way up to the big leagues, and then they give you more work to do.” [break][break]

But there was something a little tantalizing there, too. Of course a Champion-ranked trainer would be asked to help defend the region; getting to that point proved that you were the best of the best, more than strong enough to defend the people of Hoenn from whatever ugly shit came crash-landing into the region next. It'd be blood, sweat, and tears getting up there, and more after, but wouldn't that make you one of the most capable people out there? [break][break]

Eddie suddenly realized that maybe he ought to take a stab at the gym circuit himself, [break][break]

“Not exactly, but close. Military, workin' under the armed forces. Figured fightin' was part of the job description.” [break][break]

He didn't relish the prospect of bloodshed, exactly, but stepping up to that plate so other people didn't have to made it easier to navigate some of the mental gymnastics involved, [break][break]

“Figures.” The acknowledgment was not made with derision, but rather concern, “All the more reason to take care of yerself, then, if you got knuckleheads like me countin' on ya.” [break][break]

He suddenly smiled, a little teasing, [break][break]

“'Specially if you're takin' me on a joy ride with yer buddy.”

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 29, 2024 22:02:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

"It's why we get paid the big bucks," Josh laughed, trying not to move his left shoulder. "Before long, they'll be knocking on my door for AQUA... which I'm not too thrilled about. When I first came to Hoenn, being on that task force was a dream... but now, I'm not so sure. It seems so stressful. Even so, as a Champion, I'll probably end up working with them a lot."

Josh grimaced at Eddie's revelation. "...Military? That's even worse. I never could do that." He had stood in for them during the battle of RESURFACED TREASURES. He took many Rockets' lives that day. Having that much blood on his hands was a burden he did not want to bear, even if it was done in the name of the League. That was why he switched roles to be a supplier.

Josh guffawed. Eddie sure was blunt, if anything. "I gotta learn how to handle him, anyway. Why not? Just don't throw up on my back is all I ask," he joked.

{PC: 6}
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 16:08:39 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
sinking like a stone

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

“Hey, it'd be a chance ta do some good, if nothin' else.” [break][break]

Always the optimist, Eddie was, until the next remark gave him pause. [break][break]

If he were his younger, more hot-headed self, he probably would've taken some offense to Josh's grimace and follow-up. Eddie had actually come to be quite proud of his military status, meager as it was, though even his thick-headed self understood that Josh's comment was made out of something more personal and harrowing than just disdain for the job, [break][break]

“Well hey, that's what they got bozos like me for,” he teased. [break][break]

And the teasing continued as the gym leader laughed, and Eddie laughed a little too at the thought of getting motion-sick while riding on the ashen facsimile of the thunderous cat, [break][break]

“Don't worry, bud. I'll make sure ta throw up over the side so I don't puke on either of ya.” [break][break]

It was so absurd, and it was so funny, that it almost made Eddie forget about the dire state of the world around them.

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 4:43:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At least Eddie was in high spirits about his career path taking him into the military. To each their own; everyone had their own ways of contributing to the League's war effort. Josh had the courier challenge that Eddie had aced. He had experience in many roles in the warzone, and had found his specialty. "The closest thing I do to Law Enforcement is I help with police chases on occasion. People think they can drive a buck thirty on Route 110 and get away with it... they don't know just how fast my Pokémon really are." Josh scowled at Eddie's self-deprecating remark. "You're no bozo! You're one bright guy, and you're strong. And your head's in the right place. You'll go far. Who knows? Maybe one day you'll lead a Gym."

The positivity and absurdity continued, Josh laughing when he heard his friend's mild retort. "Either way, this is what Kyle let me do a couple years ago when I first met Swift. It feels like I'm really carrying on his legacy by returning the favor to other people. And who knows? If you two get to know each other, maybe you'll get a hand at the reins, too." Those reins would not be only metaphorical. Due to the condition of his arm, they would be physical, too. He disliked the idea of physically controlling a legendary Pokémon, but with his arm banged up so badly, he would not have a choice.

{PC: 7}
close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-nine
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Soldier
Private
i don't like change
but i'm not afraid
500000+ infamy height
500000+ infamy height
awards
738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 12:35:07 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
sinking like a stone

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

“Hah! Now you're just flatterin' me,” Eddie insisted, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. [break][break]

The last thing he'd call himself was a 'bright guy', but hey, Josh was a nice kid. Maybe he was just being kind? Or maybe it was just that he was on those good painkillers while he was healing from the worst of his injuries. [break][break]

Or, by some improbable chance, maybe Josh really was being sincere. Was he really offering Eddie the chance to take Swift for a spin? The older man's eyebrows arched in surprise, [break][break]

“You think so?” [break][break]

A continued legacy of kindness looked like it could potentially offer Eddie a once-in-a-lifetime experience. If the Gym Leader was serious about his implied proposal, it'd be remiss of Eddie to pass up an opportunity like this.

[break]
mission

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 1:02:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh wasn't just being kind. Eddie was smart. If he could get through war courier training, he had to be; while his Pokémon healers were on standby in the event a challenger fell, being bombasted by Pokémon attacks still stung. Eddie took a couple hits during his challenge but shrugged them off. He was smart enough to improvise and make it through the wetland. He was smart enough to know how to tussle with Sigmund.

"I'm still trying to learn what Swift is like," Josh explained, the ashen Beast an enigma to Josh. "He's really obedient and let me ride him as fast as he can go, but he doesn't... fell like a Pokémon in the same way the rest of my team does. I'm still trying to learn more about him. I wish was around... but he's not." His thoughts drifted back to the late Top Champion, both the good memories of him and his gaping absence from Hoenn. "If he's as friendly as my other Pokémon, I'm sure he won't mind. Just try to control yourself," he smirked, "as his speed is on a whole different level. It's like... riding on a lightning bolt."

Raikou was most well-known to be a god of lightning. He was also a god of speed; to Josh's knowledge, the fastest Pokémon on land. His limited experiences on the black thundercloud reinforced that notion: the winds around him roared like a tornado on those occasions. His hair stood on end from the static. The acceleration force felt like it could squish him. Even so, he enjoyed it more than anything else in the world.

"Speaking of which, now that everyone knows about Swift, I've asked the Pokémon League to release the video of my match with Kyle. Wanna watch it together?"

{PC: 8}
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times