maintaining memories [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON May 24, 2024 16:35:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango haoyu"]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      hoenn was littered with memorial sites because of all the trials and tribulations it had been through over the years. things had gotten worse after kanto, in his opinion, and he could no longer continue to delay a presence in the region when it became clear more assistance was needed to protect it.[break][break]

this memorial was less gloomy than the others, but the raikou memorial still had a few pieces of trash around it from inconsiderate visitors. and, more than that, his hairs stood on end and confirmed the presence of pesky ghost types as was reported.[break][break]

"what a shame," he lamented as he stepped onto a dirty wrapper. his raichu pierced it with his sharp tail, looking equally unhappy. he said what the two of them were thinking: "these spaces are more widely revered on alola."[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".haoyu"] --accent:#52b788!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON May 25, 2024 2:04:21 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin stepped inside the memorial built not long after the Kanto invasion. It was an everlasting reminder of the ultimate sacrifice the Johtonian god of speed made to repel the Rockets' invasion of the distant region she once called home. Hanging on the walls were replicas of objects associated with Raikou, including the Beast's crown, thundercloud, and even fangs. They were some of the longest teeth she had ever seen, easily the length of daggers. Painted on the walls were murals of the legendary Pokémon, painstakingly replicated from those in the Ruins of Alph.

The Ranger Captain's thoughts went to the Mauville Gym Leader and the shade of Raikou in his possession. The speed demon had made his childhood dream a reality, but at what cost? If he wasn't already involved in the war, he really was going to be now.

Shalin slid off the back of her Zeraora, Savanna. Like Josh's, the thundercat moved on all fours rather than upright. The Mauville Gym Leader had raised her some, but he insisted that Shalin keep her. Shalin had to be especially careful with the electric-type; Zeraora could reach speeds that could make her overwhelmingly dizzy and fall off. At the speed the feline ran, a fall would only end in disaster.

"Raikou's actually a Johtonian myth, not an Alolan one," the girl corrected. "I'm actually a Johto native, only having moved here a couple years ago."

@haoyu

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Savanna       Zeraora        Good

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 16:53:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      amusement danced across haoyu's expression. the self-proclaimed wildest rider was here, hm?[break][break]

"i am referring to deity monuments, not raikou specifically." he turned to her as she announced she was from johto. "i was raised in cianwood," he greeted in kind. "i was raised to revere suicine above all else. my mother prayed for hours on rainy days."[break][break]

soft reverie fell over him as he remembered it. he had gotten some of that seaside lifestyle when he moved to alola, but it was far different from johto. he found hoenn to be even stranger compared to cianwood city. desperately, he felt the urge to hold a fishing rod again.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 3:15:28 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"...Right," Shalin sheepishly replied as she scanned the floor for empty wrappers, even finding a few cigarette butts. Who would pollute such a sacred site? "Cianwood..." she mused, remembering her homeland. "Nice part of Johto. Mild compared to Ecruteak. That place got the best and worst of each of the four seasons. Warm to hot in the summer, cold enough for snow in the winter."

The mention of Suicune left Shalin daydreaming for a bit. She would have loved to meet the Beast of Winds one day, though she wouldn't dare try to hop on such a Pokémon. Suicune was simply too fast for her to control, even if the legendary creature was willing to oblige. "Reminds me of Mauville's Gym Leader. He's a good guy, but he's borderline obsessed with Raikou." He had every reason to be now, but that was a secret Shalin could not share yet. Not without breaking a very important NDA.

@haoyu

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 15:12:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      haoyu followed her gaze to the litter. he sighed softly. "johto is a wild place," he recalled warmly. "i wouldn't change a thing." the weather extremes in ecruteak kept him from visiting often, but every inch of the region was gorgeous.[break][break]

he knew many people who lived and breathed worship for their chosen deity. "some people fixate on the divine more than i can understand. my time in alola showed me just how-"[break][break]

a dragapult appeared from behind the memorial, striking with quick attack and knocking his raichu, tail still spearing a piece of unruly garbage, past the two trainers. haoyu's mind struggled to process the speed at which the dragon had appeared and attacked unprompted. "where-?"[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 3:44:46 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Dragapult was blistering fast, a seemingly instant QUICK ATTACK launching Haoyu's Raichu far from the memorial due to the attacking ghost-type's sheer velocity. The wild's speed was so great that Shalin had a hard time following it. There were only a handful of people in Hoenn that could visually keep up with a Dragapult at speed. Maybe she needed to take a trip to her friend's Gym...

"Savanna!" Shalin cried, her Zeraora loudly purring as the wild vanished, completely vanishing into the ethereal world. The Zeraora was on edge, waiting for the enemy to return from its display of PHANTOM FORCE. "PLASMA PAWS!" she ordered, all four of her partner's paws glowing yellow and blue with electricity. A split second after the Dragapult emerged from the ethereal, Savanna lunged toward it, paw meeting claw in a violent clash.

How on earth did Josh ride a Zeraora? Their speed was frightening...

@haoyu

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 15:30:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      the dragon disappeared and shalin ordered her zeraora around, giving haoyu the perfect window to hustle over to his raichu and get him back to his feet. "didn't know dragons could move like that," he murmured as he looked over raichu. "let's give her some support, hm?"[break][break]

raichu nodded. zeraora's lightning filled claws shredded the dragapult, giving raichu an opening to blow a sweet kiss at the dragapult. the fairy move confused the dragon and disoriented it.[break][break]

its next attacks were lacking coordination, but that only put the memorial at risk of being destroyed by dragapult's dragon breath. [break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 3:52:55 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

The action between Savanna and the Dragapult was simply too fast for Shalin to follow. She wanted to catch the dragon-type and bring it to to get more help with riding extremely fast Pokémon, but simply could not discern its location accurately enough to make the capture.

The first wave of DRAGON BREATH lit a nearby tree on white fire, causing a large branch to fall into one of the small building's walls and smash a stained-glass window. "Chase it out of here, Savanna! One more time!" The thundercat raised her PLASMA PAWS again, catching the Dragapult by its tail and pinning it to the ground. With a rake of her sharp claws across its back, the Dragapult vanished.

Even so, their job was only half done. They still had the tree to take care of. "You have any Pokémon with Fairy-type energy attacks? Water doesn't work on dragonfire!" she asked Haoyu as another large tree branch snapped and fell to its base. These flames would spread if the Ranger didn't hurry!

@haoyu

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 15:33:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      she was efficient. he was glad she had his back against the dragapult. but he had a jolt of panic as she requested fairy moves. all he had was raichu's sweet kiss. "rai, do what you can!"[break][break]

the alolan pokemon jumped into action, though its sweet kiss looked more like it was trying to consume the dragon fire. "i wasn't prepared for dragonfire," he mused breathlessly, unsure if he should move closer or further from the tree.[break][break]

he would need to invest in more powerful fairy moves. he cared about the environment too much to fail in such preventable scenarios. "are you head of a disaster response unit?" her urgency in caring for the environment and her clear attunement with nature made him think she was passionate about the environment like himself.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 21:28:06 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The SWEET KISS was effective in the small area it covered, snuffing out a small section of the white and purple fire. "I didn't expect to run into a dragon Pokémon out here, either," Shalin admitted. "I'm gonna reach out to Fortree dispatch." Procuring her business phone, the Captain dialed out to Fortree's Ranger emergency line.

"Dispatch, Captain Nariya of Rustboro. I'm at a shrine to Raikou west-northwest of Fortree City. A rogue Dragapult has set the nearby woods alight with dragonfire. The shrine's in danger of catching dragonfire, too. We need a team of Rangers with wide-range Fairy-type energy attacks ASAP. Sending my coordinates now."

Once she was off the phone and a team was on their way, Shalin turned toward Haoyu and answered the elder's question. "I'm Rustboro's Ranger Captain, as you might have heard," she at last properly introduced herself, having only given her name before. "While I prefer leading wilderness expeditions, my position as a Captain has me doing a little of everything."

@haoyu

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 16:31:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      "ah. i forgot the high ranking rangers are given a town to manage." his usual encounters with authority were tied to lilycove, though it was primarily just the gym leader that he knew well enough. they had collaborated on busting some rocket heist.[break][break]

haoyu wasn't sure how the gym leader - ranger hierarchies interacted. he was more familiar with officers, specifically those in a fire station like himself. his curiosity had him blurting out, "do you answer to gym leaders, or do they answer to you?"[break][break]

maybe it didn't work like that at all, but it seemed there were multiple lines of authority in a given city between rangers, officers, gym leaders, and political leaders. "i wonder if i should be roping in rangers in lilycove when i respond to a fire."[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 17:08:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"It's less a town to manage and more just a local authority for Rangers there," Shalin clarified, though she did work closely with Law Enforcement for jobs that required both. She was largely in charge of managing dispatch for Ranger tickets in Rustboro City and the surrounding area, sharing Petalburg Woods' domain with Petalburg City's Captain.

The League hierarchy was a bit muddy in places, especially between large, similarly-sized departments. "My boss is actually Head Ranger ," the female clarified. "Far as I understand, Gym Leaders are more on the Law Enforcement side of peacekeeping. Think of Rangers as police officers, but of natural matters rather than human affairs. Stopping a speeding Pokémon being used as a mount for a getaway is more of a Law Enforcement ticket, whereas clearing a den of wild Pokémon dangerously close to town is more of a Ranger responsibility." There were times when the two did collaborate; poaching operations were the most common examples where the departments worked in tandem.

Natural disasters were a perfect way to differentiate between the two. "Responding to fires is a common Ranger responsibility," Shalin answered, "though there are definitely people who straddle the line between the two. Mauville's Gym Leader is also a Ranger, for instance."

@haoyu

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2024 16:12:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]
      hoenn ran hierarchies a little differently than alola, then.[break][break]

he had been fortunate that his work in lilycove was either full natural disasters or that poaching heist interrupted by the work of himself and lam.[break][break]

"it sounds like there are a few opportunities for us to work side by side, then." not that he hoped for fires, even if being second-in-command at the fire station was nothing but slow days. "this has been a very informative experience, captain. i am sure the folks here appreciate your guardianship of their idols." the raikou monument was clearly revered despite the litter that had been swept here. the statue had a bit of erosion at the nose of raikou, clearly indicative of his followers touching him to express faith and gratitude.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 2:40:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"There are," Shalin nodded in agreement as she waved for Savanna. The feral-looking Zeraora bounded toward the Captain on all fours, her trainer resting her hand on the electric feline's saddle. "Long as poaching exists, we'll always have opportunities to work together."

With that, the Ranger pulled her scrawny body onto the thundercat, holding the creature's reins steadily. "I'm glad I could help. I already know a certain young man who would appreciate our work today, heh," he referred to the Raikou-obsessed Gym Leader far south. "Take care, Haoyu! Great to meet you!" The Captain reined the Zeraora eastward into Fortree City, being mindful to stay within municipal speed limits. She needed to get a bite to eat before heading for Lilycove; Ranger work left one hungry!

@haoyu

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
maintaining memories [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 8:10:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@haoyu (REPEAT)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB