part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Ultra Desert: HE
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 9:40:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar

ultra desert

prompts

07 involve the discovery of ancient obelisks that possess holes for missing seals.
13 involve quicksand, secret passages, or being buried alive.
27 encounter a sun dial that when operated or adjusted, can change the day and night cycle instantaneously.
29 go back in time within the realm using the sun dial or a magical hourglass to avoid or resolve a situation.

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: in the process of your adventure, you may encounter clans of PHEROMOSA and BUZZWOLE clashing with each other in an attempt to determine which species will rule over this domain. during these battles for dominion, the ultra beasts may be weakened, defect or betray, or switch the targets of their aggression to your party.

however, your party must determine which species (pheromosa or buzzwole) will "win" or have "gained the upperhand" and note it during archival.

by the end, everyone may capture one PHEROMOSA or BUZZWOLE (one or the other, not both).

Or you may encounter and catch a KARTANA that has managed to displace itself here. Whether it is here from Hoenn or another location in ULTRA SPACE is unknown.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 10:07:04 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"This place is... actually pretty neat! If you ignore the sand."[break][break]

It's hard to ignore the sand, but nothing will stop Eris from trying anyways. Even when she can feel those individual grains skitter and slide around in her boots.[break][break]

"And the sun."[break][break]

It's hard to ignore the sun, but nothing will stop Eris from treading onwards, her gloves gently bracing the brim of her hat.[break][break]

"Say Hideo," She looks over to Reiner, wondering if his bare paws must burn from touching the ground. Probably not, considering how at ease he seems with his strides. Though, she can't help but note that he keeps attempting to shake sand from between his toes with every little step. And Mesprit leans over his head, waving a hand as psychic forces help to pull finer grains from his fur.[break][break]

"It's not just sand here, right?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]ultra desert
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,522 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON May 28, 2024 21:14:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Kinda had to ignore them when they're everywhere."

The sand here was coarse, rough, and it got everywhere. It was a lesson he'd learned two times now, and the third time just served as a reminder. And the sun's oppressive rays forced him to forgo his beloved striped sweater - replaced with a striped t-shirt and a whole lotta sunscreen on the arms.

And a wide-brimmed hat to cover the head.

"Nah, you're right; there's a lotta Bug-y Ultra Beasts here. And crypts. And invisible statues that ask you riddles. Pretty sure we got a ghostly Landorus around here too."

Uxie let out a small hum of agreement, while Rocky merely kept its eyes forward, watching out for any threat. The Lycanroc was much more suited for the heat, though Uxie was managing well with a bucket hat of its own.

"Wonder which one we'll find this time."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 2:22:47 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]It's probably rude.[break][break]

"When you say invisible statues, is it because like... y'know?" Her hand subconsciously waves before her very own eyes, the words stuck on the tip of her tongue. "Like, or were they just ghosts? A- and hold on, did you say ghostly Landorus??"[break][break]

Her eyes sparkle at the very thought, looking to Uxie as if attempting to gain confirmation from the embodiment of knowledge.[break][break]

"I vote that we find Landorus! Have you ever run into them? What are they like?"[break][break]

Reiner, on the other hand, sighs, lending Uxie a rather apologetic look, especially when Mesprit begins to squeal and clap with delight too. He should do something. If he doesn't do anything to stop them, the excitable duo will probably drag everyone else into some kind of situation -[break][break]

Thunk![break][break]

Or the desert could simply work its magic. Judging by how Eris shivers and hops while shaking her shoes out, she must've kicked something pretty solid.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,522 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 23:24:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Invisible invisible. Like, my Pokemon and the people I've been here with saying they can't see stuff."

Didn't make too much of a difference for him; he went off what he felt. It just meant he had less warning from the Pokemon (and people) that could give any.

Uxie nodded as Eris looked to it for confirmation - it was the truth.

"We actually did run into Landorus a couple of times! seemed really intent on getting them to stay with him!...though, Landorus was violent every time we encountered it. Also, it's a ghost, so I dunno if it's safe to bring outta here."

Granted, was able to get Meloetta (or a shard of it) out of the Mechanical Kingdom, so who knew what was possible?

Uxie informed Hideo that they'd found something - because Eris hit it foot-first

"It also keeps popping up in random places. Like, first it was in a tomb, then it was in a bunch of invisible ruins. I got no idea where it'll pop up again…though I guess we could check this place out? Rocky, mind giving us a bit of a layout?"

His Lycanroc let out a small grunt of affirmation, kicking sand up at the structure. Even if the structure was invisible, the sand could still be seen on it; it'd let them at least get an idea of what they were dealing with.

Though as they'd see, it was a tall structure, with nothing to stand on. There seemed to be some divots that they could place things into…

"Any chance you spot something we could put in these? Think Cian was able to unlock some stuff before, but he already had some seals on him to put in."

07 involve the discovery of ancient obelisks that possess holes for missing seals.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 7:56:11 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Seals?" A joke crosses her mind. Her eyes briefly scour the environment. "Nah, doesn't seem like there's anything around..."[break][break]

Regardless, she takes the time to reach out and feel the structure, the roughness of what she assumes to be stone contrasted by the smooth grooves that line its body. Pulling her notebook from her bag, she flips to an empty page and presses it against pillar, then begins to shade the outlines where she can.[break][break]

"Violent? Did they think you were trespassing or something?" She purses her lips, allowing her mind to wander with the sheer mundanity of the task. "What is Landorus doing in a desert like this anyways? Wouldn't it enjoy a place with more life or..."[break][break]

Silence falls as little thoughts steal her words.[break][break]

"Hmm. Wonder what any of these mean."[break][break]

She'll have to ask some time.[break][break]

In the meantime, Reiner seems to have found something, carefully pawing at the sand at his feet. Aided by Mesprit so the sand doesn't spray in his eyes, he digs fervently and even barks at Rocky to help.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,522 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 21:30:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"That's what Uxie said they were. I don't have any caught, and I dunno where we'd find them, in a desert as dry as this one."

If Eris didn't make the joke, he would; she snooze, she lose.

"I dunno, maybe? Both times, we were in ruins, so maybe it was protective over them…but not like there was any life other than us there." None that he was aware of, anyways. "No idea what it wants in a place like this. I know for sure it wasn't trying to make life here. Seemed more intent on taking life."

Could just be a vengeful spirit lashing out at anyone and everyone it could find - but then how did it get here in the first place?

Just another mystery to throw onto the pile.

Rocky ran over when Reiner called him over, aiding in digging (because what dog would refuse a request to dig a hole?). Uxie, meanwhile, watched as the kids' Pokemon and Mesprit dug down, looking for whatever was down there; it'd let them do the manual labor.

As they worked, Hideo noticed a strange noise in the distance. He cupped an ear, listening out for it. "Weird…kinda sounds like a battle's going on? I'm hearing attacks go off. Doesn't sound like anything Landorus's done yet."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 4:19:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"I guess polar deserts wouldn't really be dry since it's ice, huh?" The joke flies over her head like a Butterfree, her nods serious as ever. "Maybe it's angry cos it got killed here? Or it's trying to restore its own life..."[break][break]

The part that remains rather strange to her is the fact that it is merely a ghost. Would it not make more sense for a spirit to show up in the borders? Though, that was assuming the two rifts existed on the same plane.[break][break]

"A strange sound?" The rustle of sand accompanies the howl of winds and the rampant digging. "Not... really?"[break][break]

Then, a soft clunk as Mesprit squeals in excitement. In the sand lies the makings of something strange: A stick... attached to a circular stone plate with many equal markings.[break][break]

"A sundial?" Buried next to an obelisk with missing runes. "Hmm... we might be standing on a buried altar of sorts."[break][break]

Kneeling down, she dares to reach, helping to brush away the remaining sand to gain a better look. Her fingers brush over the carved markings, gently brushing up against the gnomon when she feels it click. One notch over, the shadows casted upon the dial plate are altered.[break][break]

"Huh. What's the point of this sundial if you can just... alter what time it is?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,522 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 22:43:45 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Weird place for Landorus to die," Hideo said, trying to listen for those strange noises again - to no success. "Nothing's too alive around here, so I dunno why it's even here. Unless it was sent here to die."

He wasn't left with much more than speculation at this point.

A different noise caught his attention, one Eris took notice to. "Well, plenty of sun for it to work with," Hideo joked.

Uxie floated closer to the sundial, observing behind closed eyes. It watched as Eris brushed against the dial - and completely changed the time of day.

Naturally, all relayed to Hideo.

"That's…the opposite of what a sundial is for, isn't it? They tell time, not change it."

Uxie couldn't resist the temptation, brushing the sundial the opposite way Eris had done - reverting the time of day back to what it was before.

And then did so ago, the shadows moving as the time of day went back further.

"Gotta wonder who made something like that. Pretty powerful if it can change-"

Something flew through the sky, landing in the sands nearby. Hideo's Lycanroc immediately positioned in front of Hideo, ready for whatever just fell.

And once the sand settled, it'd be clear to see what it was: a Pheremosa, who seemed to have just been in a battle.

No, wait - Hideo could hear buzzing wings approaching fast; it was still in a fight with a Buzzwole.

"Ah crap," Hideo muttered.

Uxie, meanwhile, was preoccupied looking over the sundial, granting a passing glance at the incoming battlers so it could tell Hideo what they were.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2024 1:54:42 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Who knew? This place could've had a grand oasis before civilisation died out. From what she knew of the legend, it could travel quite the distance looking for locations to settle, staying in regions it deemed fit. If it was sent here to die though... If the DRK Triad could mess with their dimension, who's to say they weren't involved?[break][break]

Right now, all that is certain is the fact that the sun begins to shift with the movement of the gnomon, the temperature swaying from sweltering heat to chilly to sweltering heat then chilly once more. While part of her does appreciate the cooling breeze, it makes her skin prickle after being cooked for far too long. And boy, does Reiner have things to say as he shivers and fidgets about.[break][break]

Those words are suppressed in favour of focusing on the threat at hand, the rapid recovery of a Pheromosa as a Buzzwole comes crashing right in. And he tugs at her arm, cocking his head as he takes a step in the opposite direction. They should leave while they can, while the Ultra Beasts are busy duking it out amongst themselves.[break][break]

But before they can make a move, the ground begins to rumble, an Earthquake seizing control of the area as the Buzzwole slams its fists into the sand.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,522 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 0:02:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The two Ultra Beasts duked it out, Hideo's Lycanroc standing guard in case either decided to go for a different target.

Hideo was content to just let them fight - until that sudden Earthquake from the Buzzwole caused the sand around them to start shifting. "Ah shit," Hideo muttered, nearly losing his balance as he could feel the sand flow around his legs.

Fortunately, his Lycanroc was quick on its feet, chomping the back of his collar and pulling him away from being buried alive, dragging him to the sundial.

And the Pheremosa soon followed, for it was struck in the sundial's direction. Seemed it wasn't faring too well in this fight.

And that meant the Buzzwole was approaching them.

"Shit shit shit shit," Hideo muttered, trying to regain his balance, holding onto the sundial's platform for dear life. Uxie seemed more interested in playing with the sundial, and knew full well his Lycanroc wouldn't fare well, considering the one time he'd been around to witness a Buzzwole fighting. "Eris, we gotta-"

And yet, before they could get involved in a fight, Uxie pressed on the sundial one more time - this time, doing a full rotation. A bubble appeared around the platform, covering Hideo and Eris and their Pokemon.

Before, the time of day merely changed, the sun moving at their command; now the land itself moved back, the sand going back in place - and the Buzzwole was nowhere to be seen.

The bubble popped a moment later, the timeshift complete. Uxie giggled, looking around at the sudden change.

"...oh. Ok." A little anticlimactic, but a battle they never had to fight was about as good as a victory. "Guess we're alright then? Least we didn't have Landorus to-"

He could hear his Lycanroc growling, standing beside him. A sign there was still something there.

And sure enough, Uxie told him as much: everything within the bubble was still here. Including the Pheremosa. Tired, confused, looking around - but still there.

"...oh."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 15:07:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Her feet are swept in the shifting of sands, her balance lost as she helplessly stumbles. And the fear that begins to coil around her throat as she sinks -[break][break]

Reiner hauls her right back onto solid ground, grunting at Mesprit, who in turn chitters noisily at Uxie for ideas. But their sibling is far more invested in unravelling the secrets of this strange mechanism than in dealing with the big, muscle-ly boi stalking towards them. Oh, how close this pixie gets to throttling the other when suddenly -[break][break]

Everything changes. The sun dances across the horizon, spinning around the realm as a fleeting night steals the danger away.[break][break]

And yet, a lesser threat remains close by: The stranded Pheromosa that slowly regains its bearings and begins to stare at them. Amd as Rocky raises his hackles, so does Reiner, their hostility combined beginning to put the desert beast on edge.[break][break]

"Wait no don't- We're not-" One hand hurriedly covering Reiner's gaze, Eris wraps an arm around the Luxray and tries to turn him away. Much to his chagrin. "We don't wanna fight!"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,522 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 21:15:32 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It was an uncomfortable standoff - and an incredibly one-sided one. Both quadrupedal Pokemon were ready to throw down with the Pheromosa, but the Pheromosa was almost completely disinterested in either of them, instead focused on looking around and assessing the area around them. The only attention it gave the pair was enough so that it didn't step on either Pokemon or their trainers.

Hideo uncomfortably stood there, waiting for something to happen.

Eris urging Reiner to stand down was enough to get Hideo to do the same. "R-right. We're just here to look around! We don't gotta fight!" He knelt down to his Lycanroc. "C'mon Rocky, let's just let'em go."

His Lycanroc didn't break its gaze towards the Pheromosa, but the Lycanroc gradually backed off - pushing Hideo back as well.

The Pheromosa started to walk off, to go look for its herd…

Until Uxie floated over to it, chatting up the Ultra Beast. Its words were incomprehensible to the two kids, but to the other Pokemon, they'd know that Uxie was trying to talk it into coming along with them.

Rocky was not enthused by this prospect, looking at the pixie with an incredulous stare.

But the moment Uxie mentioned the prospect of not having to struggle for food or water in this desert, and would have even stronger opponents to fight, the Pheromosa paused.

A moment of consideration passed, Uxie offering a few more words.

The Pheromosa turned to the group, Uxie floating over to Hideo and offering a thumbs-up for all that could see.

For the one who couldn't see, Uxie applied that thumbs-up to his cheek.

"Uxie, what'd you-" The mental explanation followed afterwards, the boy now aware that the Pheromosa was going to follow with them outside.

"...Uxie, you gotta ask me that stuff first."

The pixie answered with a grin.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,933 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 3:28:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]It takes a bit, but enough time passes that Reiner becomes certain of its non-aggression. And he huffs, turning his gaze away as he begins to tug Eris in the opposite direction. Mesprit, however, who'd once held no interest in the Pheromosa, now finds their attention thoroughly ensnared when Uxie tries to talk to it.[break][break]

Perhaps, it's a childish jealousy. But now the pixie of emotions chatters endlessly at the ultra beast, as if attempting to grab its attention and befriend it. And they keep glancing towards Uxie, a smug grin on their face whenever they get a response.[break][break]

"Just... don't let it kick us." A brief reminder tossed over at the legends who are far hardier than them, Eris offers Reiner a comforting scratch behind the ears. "Don't think Reiner or Rocky would appreciate having to haul us back home."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven