Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 21:35:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","gunstest6body howard"]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

"Maybe he would have flown in Navy's defense. Maybe not. He was one of my biggest idols, but idols are the people we know least of all. " Howard shook his head. She didn't know, then. "When he died, and you came back to Sootopolis with your head held high, I thought I could do that too."  [break][break]

He thought that he had enough vindication in his soul to stab at the heart of a friend and let him bleed out on the floor. But there was a reason that a Treasure of Ruin had chosen her and not him. He lacked that resolve. That desire to corrupt and poison all that existed around him.[break][break]

This woman had known Kyle better than Howard ever would. She had held him here, just as she handed him the shovel with which he could dig his grave. [break][break]

"I thought I could be you. That maybe if I returned to Sootopolis with a betrayal and a victory under my belt, I could earn the respect of my peers. Maybe I could stop them from whispering that Admin Fox was a traitor." [break][break]

He was a traitor. A Rocket without the heart to break others. He had just wanted to surround himself with history and archaeological monuments to the greatness of his field. Somewhere along the way, that path had been corrupted. [break][break]

"But I'm not you. Not in this way." [break][break]

Maybe in another. Maybe in the way that they surrounded themselves with lies in the hope that fabrications could become reality, that fiction could become fact, that deceit could become truth. [break][break]

"Don't let her rattle you, Navy. This is how she acts. She talks and talks until you're bleeding from the edges of a thousand different words. She's done it to me. She'll do it to you." [break][break]

When this dream was over, he'd still likely fall for her games. Elisabeth told people what they wanted to hear, and why would people reject that from a woman as lovely as her? Honeyed words, bitter draughts.  [break][break]

A florist until the end. [break][break]

"...second?" 

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

[attr="class","howard6pkmn"]

[attr="class","gunstest6credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jaybird"] --accent: #aa77f0; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .topimage"] background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/rt5q223/dracule-mihawk-wallpaper-2304x768-497-103.webp); background-position:center; height:200px; border:0px;padding:0px;margin-bottom:-4.5px; background-size:cover; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .iconimg"]float: left;margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px;border: solid 9px #272727;border-radius: 3px;box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#ACDD70; font:12px Poppins; width:445px; margin:0px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,956 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 22:33:07 GMT
Navy Avatar
I don’t see the resemblance, but I see how he sees it.[break]
Her eyes are spread a little farther apart. Elisabeth’s emeralds shine brighter than the jade. Her lips are a little fuller, ears higher…[break]
But the pieces are there. It’s in the eyes. Not the color, but that expression on the first day. Vacant. Elsewhere. Eyes of the Madonna, which tug at a murderer’s heart.[break]
Once upon a lifetime, my empath’s horn sounded through the liege lord like a tuning fork. It picked up what she once was, who she wanted to be. She swears she would have been an actress, if she’d never met Joshua. He makes her promises. She knows he won’t keep them. Just one more year, they’ll be happy. It’s a lie, and she was a good actress.[break]
She clings to Elisabeth Fiorelli like a shadow, like an old grudge brought to life. Her son says there is no justice in the world, except the justice you make for yourself. She crawls across the witch, possessing her form, festering in her hate. She realized too late that the creature she grew in her womb would kill her.[break]
This not Elisabeth Fiorelli, no more than Penelope Livy was the Penny my liege lord knew. My eyes turn upon Wo-Chien. He alone is real enough to count.[break]
I just have to wait for my moment.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,956 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 22:34:19 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Ah.” Her eyes danced with delight. “The Hero never told his Squire about his dark deeds.”[break][break]
Zaria rushed up behind them, out of breath from her run. Fresh blood stained the feather blade she used. Looking between Navy and Elisabeth, she deduced what was going on, trying to interpose herself between Hero and Witch.[break][break]
None of that now.” She said, totally at ease. Vines grew thicker around Crystal’s neck. “It’s something you should know too, Warrior.”[break][break]
Elisabeth looked to Navy. She said nothing to him directly, but she didn’t have to say anything. He knew what she wanted him to say.[break][break]
I killed my parents.” He admitted in a soft voice. “I didn’t mean for her to die.” Elisabeth’s shadow frowned. “Dad was a real piece of work. Nobody would do anything. If I didn’t do that, he was going to start hurting Gabe.”[break][break]
Aha, so you admit your crime.” She reveled in that, as if the act of admission settled some cosmic balance. “Yet you can’t really rouse the will to kill me, can you? Trust me when I say this, Navidson, I am a much viler woman than your mother could imagine being.”[break][break]
I’m sure you weren’t so bad.” He said through gritted teeth. “Not ‘til this thing got you.” His eyes looked at Wo-Chien with accusation.[break][break]
This tired argument again.” She sounded annoyed. “Navidson, allow me to be blunt: you are a bad father. You should be rushing me right now. You should be searching for some way to free her, but instead, you talk. If I killed her, you’d find it in the goodness of your heart to spare me again somehow.”[break][break]
So,” said the Witch, “you might be a good man, for a murderer, but you’re no good for the people around you.” She snapped her fingers at Wo-Chien, as if she had any power over him. “Come, Wo-Chien. Show him. Show him the grudges his mercy has afforded me time to carve.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 1:26:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

As Elisabeth crowed on, satisfied in her victory at getting Navy to confess his crime, all Howard could feel was a sinking sense of disbelief. First Penelope, now Elisabeth? It was like the point of these meetings was to stretch Navy thinner and thinner, supping on the shadows of his past until the sheriff had little more to give. [break][break]

What were they getting from all these admissions of guilt? [break][break]

"Your mother, too?" Howard didn't believe it. After all the stories Navy had told the archaeologist about his dad, it felt more like something the older Navidson had been responsible for. Father abusing son, husband killing wife. They were stories as old as time, and were going to continue far into the future. "..."[break][break]

Even outside of war, people died. Hoenn had fought on for too long to remember that. [break][break]

"She's Rocket. There's a seed in every single one of us when we first join up. I had it. Elisabeth had it. Even people like and had it. We just learn to tamp it down and crush it, before it grows bloated from our circumstances and our suffering." [break][break]

He drew his halberd, the black metal shining as blackish mud took the form of people around them, forming into a scene.[break][break]

"Every single person has the potential to join Rocket. Those who stay have the ambition to act on it." His voice trembled slightly. Howard was like that, but he also wasn't. He was aware. He might even still be 'different'. Delusion was a powerful thing.. "You resisted it. She has no hold on you." [break][break]

A scene emerged, born of grudges. Bad emotions and karma soaked into the land, mirroring events that had happened years ago. Wo-chien drew upon those memories now, those who had cursed the earth long ago being brought to the forefront. A feminine figure flickered into existence on the ground, dead. [break][break]

"ELISABETH!" 

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .topimage"] background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/rt5q223/dracule-mihawk-wallpaper-2304x768-497-103.webp); background-position:center; height:200px; border:0px;padding:0px;margin-bottom:-4.5px; background-size:cover; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .iconimg"]float: left;margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px;border: solid 9px #272727;border-radius: 3px;box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#ACDD70; font:12px Poppins; width:445px; margin:0px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,956 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 16:20:24 GMT
Navy Avatar
No, not Elisabeth. A mother, rousing to bring vengeance upon the creature she birthed. That, I cannot allow.[break]
Wo-Chien does not see me coming, not until it’s too late. At the last moment, a ghost appears behind him. Olivier draws the snail’s attention. It is enough. Were my blade made of simple steel, it would not pierce the god's tablets.[break]
My blade is orichalcum, star-metal, the stuff of a god, taken and forged by flame into a killing tool. It shatters the tablet. Mystic Fire from some unknown source lights across the leaves. Wo-Chien screams, caught off guard by the attack. Its eyes turn upon its avatar for help, but she is frozen. She is the first to realize what the creature’s death will mean.[break]
I have no time to consider beyond that – not with the eyes of a god turned upon me. I may wield one’s might as a killing claw, this creature is a god in truth and fact. Wo-Chien, even dying, will not suffer this indignity.[break]
Something inside me is broken. Something inside me rots. I cannot move. I take a step and I fall to a knee. My circuits whir. They buzz. They snap.[break][break]
I look to Elisabeth Fiorelli and see a woman realizing she is not a witch anymore.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,956 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 16:43:47 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

Navy opened his mouth to speak. He opened it to argue with the Witch. He did not realize words would not avail him, and that there was no understanding he could reach with her. Roland interrupted his liege lord’s words with action.[break][break]
Roland was quick. He was always quick, right up until his last breath. When he was reborn as a ghost in a machine, he was quicker still. A few short skips across the stone planted him in front of Wo-Chien. His blade danced with light as it carved into the wooden tablets. A passing blow was turned decisive by the blade’s edge. The Black Knight’s metal made all the difference, and the tablets shattered.[break][break]
A storm passed over the room. Wo-Chien screamed. A god’s death throes were terrible to behold, and there was no Hattori here to instantly destroy the creature. Books flew. Plants few, they died, they grew again. Navy, only now spurred to action, rushed to Crystal. She looked up at him, for just a moment, like a child who needed their parent.[break][break]
I’ve got you.” Said the Rider as he pulled her up, holding onto her protectively. Pulling her behind him, he pointed his gun at the dying god. It caught fire, somewhere along the way. Wo-Chien turned all its terrible ruinous intent upon its murderer. Ruination came for Roland, as it would come to Hoenn one day. The machine knight corroded from the inside out. He did not scream, nor even make a sound. Roland took to a knee, and began to shut down.[break][break]
Congratulations, Navidson.” Elisabeth said with scorn. “I thought all the ore left by the Black Knight had been used.”[break][break]
Not quite.” He turned his gun on her, as if he had the willpower to pull the trigger. “You’re under arrest.”[break][break]
She patronized him with a smile, like she beheld a creature that lost the thread of his own plot. Knights did not arrest witches. They slew witches.[break][break]
Even to the last, y-” She was not afforded the dignity of final words.[break][break]
A ghost possessed Roland, giving him just enough momentum to take one step. His blade pierced her heart, and the Witch of Motostoke died. Only then did he fall, his blade shattering against the floor.[break][break]
All of them stood there, taking in what had just happened. A beam of sunlight shone through the window, the first Ballonlea had seen in a long, long time. Human voices sounded from the world below. Life was moving on, even as the heroes struggled to take their next step.[break][break]
Hey, father.” Crystal said, a strange bashfulness in her voice. “I don’t know how Grandmother died, but…I doubt it was your fault.” She squeezed her father’s hand.[break][break]
It was.” Navy said in a whisper, but his mind was still on the fallen woman.[break][break]
We need to have a long talk about this.” Zaria said, her helmet falling to the ground. She wiped sweat from her brow, playing a role she hated just as much as the Rider – that of an adult, making decisions. “But not before we get these ones buried too, and make sure the town is alright.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 18:23:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

It was remarkable, how quickly the witch fell from her tower. [break][break]

It was over with the snap of a finger. With the single thrust of the blade, a beast was brought down and the witch vanquished. Howard did not even blink when Elisabeth's corpse fell to the floor with an unceremonious thud. [break][break]

He came to a realization as she fell.[break][break]

Elisabeth Fiorelli had never been strong. She had caused great ruin over her tenure as wife, florist, admin, and underboss, but she had never been capable of great deeds through might alone. Elisabeth had lacked the power to change the world. It had always been a murmured word, a gentle caress, a whisper into oblivion. [break][break]

She was weak.[break][break]

No wonder she had been so vindictive. [break][break]

She had lacked the ability to change her own fate for as long as she lived. [break][break]

Her hand reached out. For who, Howard did not know. Perhaps it was the husband she had once had, or the avatar she had once courted, or for the sheriff that had indirectly ended her life. It was not for Howard, someone she most definitely despised.[break][break]

But he was the one who grasped her hand as she died.[break][break]

"Underboss Fiorelli, Elisabeth, hello and goodbye." [break][break]

Her hand went cold, and various flowers around the room bloomed, no longer crushed under the florist's begrudging hand. Outside, the sky turned to a pleasant blue as Eternatus's curse was scrubbed from the land. [break][break]

Outside, the empty town of Ballonlea bustled as the midnight carnival ended. Pokémon turned back into people, and peace was returned to another corner of Galar. It was a victory by all definitions of the word, but it felt like a loss. [break][break]

Elisabeth had always been good at making wins into losses, and losses into wins. [break][break]

"Roland..." Howard turned from the robot to the Pale Rider. "Navy. You good?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,956 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 0:58:19 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

Yeah.” He said as the people looked up at the tower. A cheer went out across a crowd. A little magic had left the world, but that was alright. Another victory for them, another step closer to their return.[break][break]
It was a lie. Before her death, Elisabeth had torn open an old wound on his heart. Zaria regarded him with sudden weariness. Both of them knew this would have to wait. There was more to being a hero than simply slaying the wicked.[break][break]
By the time the magnificent five descended from the tower, there were whole tales being spun about what happened up there. In one, he swung from the roof with his chain gun. In another, the Witch turned all of her terrible fury upon them. Always, there were clashes. Always, there was excitement and derring-do. None of the townsfolk dared to imagine that it was a brutal affair, decided in three hits.[break][break]
People cheered for Navy, Howard, and the rest. Navy wore a smile for them, which best suited a hero. When he excused himself to bury Elisabeth and Roland, no one stopped him. Zaria accompanied Howard, leaving the business of burying them to Navy and Crystal.[break][break]
And your mother just?” He asked as the bodies were laid into the earth.[break][break]
Vanished with the rest of you.” Which meant, at least here, there would be no reconciliation or forgiveness from Melody. “I…wish that she hadn’t.”[break][break]
Me too.”[break][break]
They found two more tera crystals on the bodies. Elisabeth’s was a world overrun by green. It was a world daring to be tamed, a world where flowers always grew. There were hardly any flowers at all in Roland’s world. There was only strife, perpetual conflict, always structured and always deadly.[break][break]
Two more crystals, infinite questions about how they got her. Father and daughter rode in comfortable silence. There would be a long talk when they got back to town. Valkyrie, as she always did, carried him where he needed to go as if he rode on the northern wind.[break][break]
There was one thing he loved about being a hero: he never paid for his own drinks, or anything else either. Navy thanked Arceus for that, because he didn’t have the heart to tell anyone that he ran out of money back in Wedgehurst. He sipped ale on some well-wishing townsfolk’s dime. His remaining four all looked to him for answers.[break][break]
His eyes went to Vortigern for comfort, but the black dragon offered him none. Vortigern alone, through their synced souls, knew the precise truth of Elisabeth’s words. Golden eyes offered no succor, simply bidding the Rider to go on.[break][break]
I’ll have the truth of it out of you.” Zaria insisted. “The whole truth. You murdered your mother?”[break][break]
I meant to kill my father.” He said plainly. “But that bastard, he took her with him.”[break][break]
I do not understand.”[break][break]
Nor do I think you will when I explain it, but I’ll try my best.” He emptied his ale. Navy, like most men, did not enjoy dragging skeletons out of his closet. He found no comfort in the empty smiles of the dead, nor closure for things long done.[break][break]
My dad was a piece of work. Hurt me. Hurt all of us. That’s what alcohol did to him. Mom didn’t have the heart to leave him, I don’t think. So, she endured. Made me endure it. Wasn’t going to be long before Gabe, that’s my brother, was going to have to endure it too.” He remembered being pushed to the brink. Young, scared, failing school, his father drunkenly talking about going on a fishing trip…[break][break]
He was going out to sea. I just stopped thinking. Cut the brakes on his truck. The city did the rest.” And she left with him. Joshua liked to take his wife out on trips sometimes. They were excuses to heap more abuse upon her, away from the children’s prying eyes.[break][break]
He dragged mom along with him. Didn’t know what to do. I just knew he was a monster, and he needed to die. She didn’t. She just got caught up in it all.”[break][break]
An accident, to protect your brother?” Her voice softened at the explanation, though not by much. “There were other ways.”[break][break]
I am in my fifties, Zaria.” He said bluntly, wearily. “I know. I know I could’ve called someone. Could’ve done anything, but…I wasn’t thinking. I was scared. You don’t get what it’s like, living like that, unless you do.”[break][break]
And you never told anyone?”[break][break]
No.” Navy said without pretense. “If I told anyone, they’d throw me in jail. If that happened, Gabe’d end up in an orphanage. It’s a hard world for a kid with nothin’. My dad named me Michael. Michael’s a jerk’s name. Murderer’s name. Gabe called me Navy. He thought I was some swaggering hero out of an action flick. Never even considered I’d just be a low down murderer.”[break][break]
I wanna be Navy. And by being Navy, I can make it right.”[break][break]
You can’t just change your name and expect that to make everything alright.”[break][break]
No.” Navy agreed. “But what I do with the name should.”[break][break]
Zaria’s exhale told a story all its own. She wanted to shout at Navy, but through great effort, did not. Instead, she steadied her breathing, as the Fairy King taught, drank some ale, and looked to him again.[break][break]
By not killing. Navy…there are times when you need to swing your sword, or to kill. Your hesitation there cost Roland is life. That should have been you, who struck Wo-Chien.”[break][break]
I know.” The question of whether or not he would have died goes unspoken, and unanswered. “But I – it’s hard.”[break][break]
Because the ‘party’s over’ when they die. Do I have it right?”[break][break]
Yeah.”[break][break]
I do not know .” Zaria conceded. “But I met plenty of folk who were just like her, in my travels. People give her chance after chance. That woman makes no secret of what she is, here or in your Hoenn. She will be that way until the day she dies. When you are given a sword, you are charged to act. You must act decisively, lest you invite ruination.” She seemed less a young knight on her quest by the moment. Zaria spoke like an old master at arms, instructing teenage pupils.[break][break]
Do I make myself clear?”[break][break]
Yes.”[break][break]
Then think on what I’ve said. I have thinking to do, too. The kingdom of Hoenn will be one step closer to collapse if you confess your crime to them. You seek atonement, and I have- I know you’re trying. We’ll speak on this again, one day, before all is said and done.” She stood up, and turned to walk upstairs to her room.[break][break]
We should all sleep soon. It would not do well to linger in Ballonlea, not when the Void lurks in the dark corners of the world, and the Cursed reaps in Circhester.”[break][break]
Crystal and Vortigern soon left as well. It was just Navy and Howard there.[break][break]
Rough day.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 6:26:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

The admin was quiet as Navy and Zaria discussed the merits of heroism. There was nothing for Howard to say, since he had never been one. He was merely a squire, supping on the heroism of another.[break][break]

"Rough day."[break][break]

The exchange had lasted four words, but it had brimmed with much purpose. It was a silent dirge for the death of Navy's mother. It was a tragedy, but hardly an unique one. She would not be the first woman to fall to a husband's drunken fist, nor would she be the first to mistakenly perish under her husband's wrath.[break][break]

It was not worth chronicling. It was not an unique tale. Yet it was Navy's story, and Navy's shame, and thus Howard embedded it in his mind, a story to be remembered into eternity. That was the highest honor that he could offer the Pale Rider, liberator of Ballonlea and Motostoke.[break][break]

He turned to the grave. More people had been at 's funeral than there had been witnesses to the death of Navy's mother. He suspected that Elisabeth would've liked this, the fact that people had cared enough to bury her amongst flowers.[break][break]

It was the best ending that Elisabeth Fiorelli could hope for, to return to the flowers that had once given her purpose. [break][break]

That was why it happened in a fairy tale, where fiction merged with reality. An ending that she would never reach became possible in a world of fantasy. [break][break]

"We should prepare to leave. I've stocked up on supplies, and we should have enough to make it across the Wild Area to Circhester if we skim and live off the land." [break][break]

It would be rough, but they had made it to Ballonlea without Crystal, and Tormund had caused a massive disruption in their schedule. [break][break]

"Two down, two to go." [break][break]

The Magnificent Seven, now down to five, exited Ballonlea to the sound of cheers and applause. The gates creaked shut, finally with purpose in a town with human occupants with all the woes of being human. [break][break]

To be a human under a blue sky. That was all that the people of Galar asked for. [break][break]

"Circhester awaits!" Howard snapped his fingers as they set off into the forests. "Let's make the most of it!"

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,956 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 7:34:35 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

Not Circhester. Not yet.” He nodded down the road. Galar’s roads were marvelous, especially after the heroes rebuilt them all. Passages that once proved perilous were rendered pleasant. A father might share a leisurely horse ride with his daughter, or comrades might run the roads. Valkyrie set off with the expectation that others would follow. She was, after all, a king’s steed. Though Navy might borrow her for his quest, she served only one master. [break][break]

It’s an easy road back to Hammerlocke. There’s something there I wanna check on. Something I think we both need to see.” There wasn’t much more to the conversation than that. Ultimately, as the one blessed with Calyrex’s steed, Navy decided where their band went next. There was a certain efficiency to Howard’s suggestion. Navy himself had made that trip during times of crisis, when medicine from Ballonlea needed to be delivered to frosty Circhester. It wasn’t an easy trip, and their numbers would work against them. [break][break]

There’ll be supplies. It’s rough going, and we won’t be able to feed everyone and the horses. Just better that way.” Practical matters kept his mind occupied. That had been the trick during the first go-around, too. Find a task. Focus. Survive. Wait and hope. Dwelling on Hattori and Roland’s deaths, or what the fallen ruinous avatars said, would only chain him down. Dewford needed him. Dewford was waiting. [break][break]

Besides, I know you’ll want a look at the tapestries.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 17:25:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

Stopping at Hammerlocke would be a massive inconvenience, but Howard's attention zeroed in on the sheriff's last statement.[break][break]

"Tapestries? Shit, man. You should've started with that. I'm in."[break][break]

Even if there was a war going on beyond the confines of the dream, it was difficult to remain inflamed towards it constantly. Weeks had passed, and Regice could have frozen over Dewford, Hoenn, or even the world itself by this point. All Howard could do was hope that time remained still, or that Regice had been defeated. [break][break]

Defeated, but not broken. [break][break]

If part of Hoenn's legacy had shattered into shards due to Howard's actions, the admin would've broken down into tears. [break][break]

"Even in our time, Hammerlocke has several tapestries for the public to see. There's several hidden away, but I know a few people in Galar, and I got to see them. Between me and Remiel, Galar has few secrets." Howard frowned in thought. "I wonder if they're different in this world." [break][break]

Given how different everything was, he suspected that would be the case. [break][break]

"Hammerlocke should be smooth sailing. How was it in the dream you experienced?" Howard raised an eyebrow. "Do they cheer for the Pale Rider, too?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,956 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2024 23:42:28 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

It was one of the four kingdoms that remained standing. It had…three kings and one queen.” His voice strained as he pulled at the words, like he was pulling something heavy out of a closet thick with cobwebs. “King , King , and King . Never really asked if any married Queen .” It didn’t matter, he supposed. They kept the kingdom safe. They kept the flag flying. Hammerlocke was the bastion holding the three northern kingdoms together.[break][break]
Huh. I forgot Prince got the big promotion to King here in the dream.” The thought that he could forget something so important weaved a thread of despair into his mind. “Anyway. They welcomed me here, like they did everywhere else. I’d bring them news, inventions, and letters. I’ve never told you how people got separated, did I?”[break][break]
The High King told us four cities were left. He opened four portals. They closed behind us, and we were trapped in the city we chose. Some folk got separated from each other for a long, long time.” He remembered the first trek he made, after Calyrex appeared at the gates. When he saw the little rabbit, alone and poisoned, braving the wastes to check on their cities, he swore there and then he would shoulder that legacy.[break][break]
Everyone thought I was stupid, the first time I told them I was going to make the journey. There was no guarantee I’d make it, but I wouldn’t back down. Not when we didn’t even know if the other settlements were okay. Someone had to do it. So I told my king and queen a man’s got to be a little stupid.”[break][break]
For the first time on the road from Ballonlea, Zaria laughed.[break][break]
A small correction, o Rider.” She said with mirth. “A hero has to be a little stupid.”[break][break]
I’m no-”[break][break]
None of that. My brother and I said the same thing, a long time ago, when those who doubted us said we were riding to our deaths.”[break][break]
You rode out, too?”[break][break]
A question for a day that will soon come.” She said as high castle walls grew larger. People were talking to one another. Whole crowds of them had gathered on the battlements. At the sight of the spectral steed, a mad cheer went out.[break][break]
I think you have a job to do, Squire.” She smiled.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 0:01:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

Three kings and a queen? It was good to know that Galar had been far more open-minded than it was in actual history. Years of bloody succession wars, crises of inheritance, scandals of the highest degree. Galar's crown was stained in blood, no matter how much the Calcifets buried that truth under a mountain of fairy glitter. [break][break]

A crown was a symbol. An illusion of power that only existed for as long as people allowed it to exist. Kings and queens were no different, whether there was one or seven of them. The Pale Rider was the same. Navy was powerful, but the title was a symbol, echoing into millennia.[break][break]

"Biscotti became king? Seriously? He made me food one time."[break][break]

That other Galar must have been broken. What role would Howard have had if he had been sucked towards? What city would he choose? How would it have changed him? A what-if, but impossibilities had their purpose. [break][break]

"The success of our species is built on the bravery of pioneers. You did what hadn't been done before. You made history. It remembers you for that great sacrifice." Though doubtless his daughter, wife, and son hadn't thanked him for it. "You did something good, in the name of the people. Is that not what a hero is?" [break][break]

How many times had wept, waiting for her husband to come home? [break][break]

Hammerlocke rose in the distance, its walls great and foreboding, a bastion of humanity's wisdom. Howard could tell why Navy placed high prestige in it. Howard agreed with the sheriff's analysis. Hammerlocke's location was strategic. It had great value.[break][break]

Still, they deserved the power of a symbol. The admin coughed into his fist and raised his voice.[break][break]

"PEOPLE OF HAMMERLOCKE!" Howard's voice boomed. "THE PALE RIDER HAS RETURNED!" [break][break]

The thunderous cheers grew in intensity, shaking the land and very foundations of the city.

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,956 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 1:14:00 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

That’s for history to decide.” He whispered before he was announced. Heroes, he thought, rarely knew they were heroes. Others declared them at such. Often, the difference between hero and villain lay along a blade’s edge. Victory ended one truth, and propped up another. That kernel of truth grew into an ideal that would long outlive the heroes.[break][break]
The roar of the crowd drowned out his thoughts. These people adored him. They were blessed with a clear sky thanks to him. Peace was returning to their land, piece by piece. Hardened warriors raised their swords. Ladies clapped for him.[break][break]
It felt right – the peaceful expressions they wore. Being their hero roused warmth to his cheeks, reminding him of a younger man’s dream. That man dreamed of being the champion, of usurping his best friend’s seat, of bathing in the adoration of Hoenn. He thought he saw the faces of those he knew from Hoenn – citizens he had helped along the way.[break][break]
The gates opened, and he was received with a hero’s welcome. Roses rained on him. Zaria seemed most at ease. Crystal, by sharp contrast, seemed to long for nothing more than to hide away. Most of them simply ignored Vortigern, who seemed out of place in a hero’s company.[break][break]
Arceus.” He said later, when they dined in the hall where the high king once sat. “This feels like the first real meal we’ve had in a damn long time.” Roasted Torchic were served up amidst green and berries. Whole Emboars were roasted over a fire, their meat served up warm. Oil shot down his beard with each bite, so ravenous was the Rider’s appetite.[break][break]
None at so much as Zaria, who piled plate after plate before her.[break][break]
More.” She ordered. “More meat.” The order was given with the severity of a battlefield command. She matched Vortigern pound for pound.[break][break]
That sure wasn’t here when I was here last.” Navy nodded at the empty throne, which seemed more a black obsidian monolith that sprung from the ground and stretched to the roof like a great tree. Small stairs were carved into it, leading up to a place for a man to sit. It looked like an uncomfortable throne, as any throne should be. Another crystal sat affixed to its center, shining with yellow light like a bolt of lightning.[break][break]
The empty seat of High King Remiel.” Would that and his Zekrom were here, that his people could have a proper ruler for a little while. “This place remembers him, too.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 1:44:45 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

"History did decide. It decided when those people started cheering. Can you hear their elation, Navy?" [break][break]

History had decided beyond that, when it had consigned the fictional Galar to the trash heap when the heroes hailing from Hoenn had left the dream behind. Yet there was a second chance, now that the Pale Rider and his squire had returned. Howard wondered if he'd ever get an interesting title, or if he'd simply remain as Howard Slayte, the squire to the Pale Rider.[break][break]

He feared both. [break][break]

He did not fear the feast that came after, though. The band feasted like kings. It was satisfying to be rewarded for their hard work, though for Howard, it rang hollow. He didn't deserve this praise. He did not earn these ovations. That was Navy's work. Navy, who had crossed the charred wasteland and poisoned sky to bring news to the other cities. [break][break]

This was his victory, and Howard had brought him back to experience his greatest failings in the form of ghosts. [break][break]

Hoenn was likely burning, now. That was his legacy.[break][break]

Still, he supped on the finest wines, pressed from Salacs. The admin praised the vintage as he quaffed from it. When offered mead, he still frowned at it. The beverage of warriors did not sit with the squire, so he instead followed Navy's gaze.[break][break]

"What're you—" [break][break]

As soon as he saw the throne, a shadow passed over the admin. His lips thinned as he pressed them into a fine line.[break][break]

"Fuck him. Fuck his whole family." Howard turned to his dish, gesturing at Zaria. "Pass me that haunch, Zaria."[break][break]

The admin's contempt for threatened to overflow.

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times