6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Forte
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 2:00:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh waved toward the musical Pokémon had become known for. "Hi there Meloetta! Great to see you again," he greeted her special partner before addressing the performer again. "That's my hope. I never thought I'd love anything more in the entire world than Swift here. You have no idea how surreal it feels to be friends with the Pokémon of my childhood dream." He briefly stood up to cuddle the Raikou's face before turning around. "But you never realize just what's important in life until it's taken away from you. Kyle was my mentor. Without him, I wouldn't have been able to get to where I am right now: a Champion."

The Gym Leader shook his head before continuing his story. "Then in December, he stopped by my Gym to give me a birthday present I would never forget. He let me mount and control Swift for an afternoon. It was my first experience with him, and it was so overwhelming, yet so fun. And now that Swift is mine to command, I want to share that experience with all my friends... as soon as I'm feeling better." Little did he realize that the war would inevitably cause him to share that experience with his friends in an environment with stakes where they couldn't just sit back and enjoy one of the wildest, fastest rides any Pokémon had to offer.

For Josh would be in the saddle not in an endless, picturesque grassland, but in a warzone.

"Did I tell you that when I was just a little one, I thought that the thundercloud Raikou carries with him was a saddle?" he asked. The billowy rear of the cloud bore somewhat of a resemblance to the seats many of his Pokémon wore. "More seriously, though, do you remember going to Galar last year?"

{PC: 8}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Swift         Raikou         Good
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Top Champion
Oup
Single
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,527 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
Forte
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 18:02:20 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

She turns her head side to side "No, Unfortunately I don't really recall most of it. bits and pieces here and there." she says as the ring that gave her burned a hole in her pocket. She had to return it to it's rightful owner. [break][break]

Meloetta waves to josh and continues to listen to their conversation. Was Josh right, was death a catalyst for change? Change was a terrifying beast that caused melody so much grief. Change was what had caused her to lose navy, to lose kyle, it caused the death of her relicanth and the current situation she was in now. However the beast had also done her many favors such as releasing her from the grip of her mother's claws, it was the catalyst that created home. [break][break]

"I wish I could remember it however, if you ask I was a mother to kids I don't really remember She did keep in mind how Navy would also slip up and call meloetta not by her nickname Meloetta gave her but instead called her crystal. [break][break]

One of melody's favorite names for a daughter.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Forte
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2024 20:42:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Though many of the details of the Galar Memory escaped him, there was one that remained within his mind, and he had the sword hilt to remember it by. "It was my first taste of being a Knight of Thunder," he recalled to his friend and boss. "I trained with Swift in that Galar, Kyle helping me forge a sword that became stronger the faster I was going. Kind of like a Pokémon's Electro Ball. Not even Dynamax Pokémon were a match for us. Between Swift's Extreme Speed and my sword that discharged Electro Balls, I felt like a true hero. The person my childhood self wanted to be." A hero. A warrior. But that was 's domain. He had to discover and develop his strengths with the Raikou, blazing his own trail to glory, and to the region's defense.

And war would not wait.

"He really is an influential man, isn't he? Completely deserving of his spot as one of Hoenn's Elite Four. Without his help, I don't think I would have recovered from the atrocities I put Eris through. So many people helped me understand both her and myself. But I digress." Josh waited for Meloetta and Melody to react before finishing his story, taking the chance to finish his plate and push it aside.

"Then, after the turf wars in Dewford, Kyle visited me while I was in the hospital. He left me with the RAINBOW FEATHER that serves as Swift's vessel. Little did I know that until he used Ho-oh against me during the Champion Assessment. Watching that match, and that moment, over and over again helped me get through my hospital stay. And that... that's what I have to say about Kyle. I miss him already."

Josh's sight floated up the waterfalls and toward the ceiling. "What matters is we carry on his legacy. You as Top Champion, and me as one of Ho-oh's knights. The Knight of Thunder. Just as you use your sword to protect Hoenn, I must use mine likewise." As they focused on a light above, he had an epiphany. "Melody, when we next get a chance, can you take me to AQUA headquarters? I think it would help Swift if he sparred with some of the League's legendary Pokémon."

{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Top Champion
Oup
Single
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,527 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
Forte
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 1:33:35 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

She specifically avoids talking about , the wounds on her heart were still fresh. [break][break]

However her eyebrow quivers at the mention of Melody's sword skills. She hadn't picked up the blade ever since the events of father winter sending people into alternate timelines, the trauma of experiencing death a 2nd time and how that death occured shook her will. It was in that moment she realized she would never be chosen by Cobalion. [break][break]

Her will too weak, she was too influenced by those around her and their emotions and opinions. He deserved better than her, it was just a terrible thing to think about after all they had been through together. She had resolved to find someone appropriate for him to partner with but...she hadn't found the right person just yet. [break][break]

She needed to speak with him however, but for right now. [break][break]

"Right, carrying on his legacy until he comes back. I'll always strive to preserve hoenn as much as I can for as long as I can."
[break][break]

"You think so? I mean sure, I don't see why not." she replies to him.

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Forte
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 22:04:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The phrase "until he comes back" made Josh smile. She understood, too, that Kyle's "death" may not have been real... or at least, wasn't final. With a Johtonian phoenix as an ally, Kyle may have been effectively immortal unless he and his Patron were both killed simultaneously. Everyone else he asked had believed Kyle to be truly dead and not coming back. Melody was clearly close enough to Kyle that she shared Josh's instincts about the events over Mount Chimney.

"Given how weak Swift still is in battle, I think Keldeo would be a fair opponent for him," Josh suggested. "I remember him from the winter, seeing how incredibly fast he is. I think he would be fun to just watch in battle, and he seems really playful!" Playful certainly helped. It would be a great way for Cobalion to check on him, too. Perhaps he would bring Sigmund and Tyrfing to say hello to the young one, too!

Regardless of their scheduling, Josh would take one last bite before sliding his plate away from him. "Phew, I'm stuffed. I might have forgotten to save room for dessert," he sheepishly admitted, looking ready to stand up and push his chair in.

{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Top Champion
Oup
Single
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,527 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
Forte
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 3:29:37 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]

"I wouldn't count Keldeo out just yet." she responds but she smiles at josh [break][break]

"I would be happy to help you with any of pokemon under the aqua initiative's care. If it helps either one of you both grow than I see no harm in it." [break][break]

"Oh you're done? Well no worries I had some stuff to do too. Please come back again josh! I'll see you in that spar match."

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
Forte
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 17:15:19 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven