August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Box After Box
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 3:12:14 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Time was never kind, but the youth didn’t understand that fact, a thirteen year old Kouji Matsubara didn’t have interests that aligned in that manner. As he grabbed the heavy box, and slammed it down on the dock, rattling the contents some only to get a shout from behind. ”My bad, pops.” Was his only reply. Placed upon a pallet, and then moved across. It was a constant cycle, until he found their ship empty; smuggling was never easy.
[break][break]
Especially during war.
[break][break]
He ran his hand across the top of the last of the boxes, its course surface rubbed raw by the salt carrying winds. He could feel the residue on his finger as he rubbed it together, a clear stinging feeling overtook his fingers, also rubbed raw by the breeze.
[break][break]
”Hey, you’re one of the grunts carrying stuff in right? This last one’s super heavy, I’ll help out.” He didn’t have true confidence, but when he was on the docks, near the ocean, Kouji Matsubara could feel more like a man, and less like the boy he was. A part of him looked around for his partner in crime, hopefully still well.
[break][break]
”Kouji by the way, I’ll be one of your comrades in a few years from now.”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Jill

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

She/Her
October 31
Kanto
Bisexual
Grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
10 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jill
Jill Nightingale
Box After Box
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2024 4:16:07 GMT
Jill Nightingale Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jillnightingale"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

Box After Box

This wasn't the kind of work for a little girl like her. It was almost as if just yesterday, she was playing out in the field with her parents. Days that are now just a memory.[break][break]

Her arms and legs shook, each crate took every amount of strength she had just to unload. Before this, the heaviest thing she had ever carried was her beloved doll. Every now and then she would think where that thing ended up.[break][break]

Unlike the rest of the grunts, she had only carried a few boxes before having to stop and catch her breath. Yet there was no time. Every time she stopped, she was only yelled at, with countless glares shot straight her way from everyone around her. Tears welled up from her eyes, but she pushes them back. She needed to be strong. She needed to endure it all.[break][break]

Just her luck however, when she's tasked to bring the final shipment down, a huge box that not even three of her could carry. Thankfully, a boy was kind of enough to lend his aid.[break][break]

"O-Oh! Thank you so much! I'm... Jill... It's nice to meet you Kouji and... sorry. I didn't think these boxes would be so heavy... But I'm sure with the two of us we can move it down!"[break][break]

With her newfound help, the two are able to set it down along with the rest of the goods. Although it was mostly Kouji who ended up doing the heavy lifting. Still. She at least felt like she was doing her part. After everything was taken care of, she finally gets a good look to her savior and so her curiosity began.[break][break]

"Are you... new too? I haven't been here that long but... it's... not what I was expecting..."

[attr="class","jillnightingale"]

NOTES

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.jillnightingale]--accent:#e20e0e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.jillnightingale]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jillnightingale .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,239 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Box After Box
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 22:46:30 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

It had been pretty heavy, even at his young age Kouji could feel the strain…That must have been why people had always impressed upon him the importance of lifting with one’s legs. Now, he had no choice but to do so, or else his back might well have popped. The pressure was high, and so he bent his knees and dropped his waist just a little while shimmying with the box, and keeping a comfortable expression on his face by force.
[break][break]
It had been a couple of months since he and had been forced to carry that bomb, still things hadn’t settled down in the slightest here. If anything, it had only grown heavier with time, and Kouji had felt it during every trip here.
[break][break]
It was going to reach a fever pitch sometime soon.
[break][break]
But he shook his head, it wasn’t time to think on his failures, nor on the terrible deeds he’d done since he’d been saved from doing one.
[break][break]
”Don’t even stress about it, I offered to help.” said the thirteen year old, putting as much confidence in his voice as he physically was capable of. Moving it didn’t take particularly long, it was just somewhat tiring.
[break][break]
But it was complete soon enough, he rolled his shoulders before he looked on at Jill. ”Expected it to be cleaner? I ain’t actually part of the team, I just help my pops and older brother. Sadly, the both of them aren’t too happy about me being a child soldier.” He wasn’t as excited about it either after his few runaway attempts at being one.
[break][break]
But he held a great deal of loyalty towards this team, it was going to be his future, he’d make sure of it.
[break][break]
”The boring stuff is the good stuff, you look a little too weak to be handling the bloody stuff.” He talked of it casually, yet it still made a chill run down his spine, filled him with absolute terror.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Jill

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region