August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2024 0:07:57 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Hunting traitors wasn’t something Kouji would ever call a past-time, it wasn’t something he necessarily enjoyed, instead being something he knew was necessary. Not simply for the organization, but for him to be able to function within it. His eyes focused on the path; footsteps in the woods.
[break][break]
”Thanks for coming along, sir.” A simple reply, there hadn’t been any rain in a little while. The ground was dry, dusty, it seemed to rise up rather strongly as his Houndoom sniffed at the ground.
[break][break]
”Shame Jester decided to go AWOL, he made some of the best cakes.” Kouji decided to add, yet he couldn’t tell himself why he’d said it like that. His voice seemed even, yet with a hint of wistfulness at the end. His steps slowed for a moment as the canine pokemon looked up, ears perked up.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Cut One's Losses

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break.
awards
8,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 20:24:21 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

In contrast to , Cillian does hunt traitors as a past-time. Hardly for sport, more a necessity, but there's no reluctance in his dogged pursuit.[break][break]

Not any more. They've trained that out of him.[break][break]

"This is my job, Matsubara."[break][break]

He's different from when they'd last spoke. His arms shadowed up to the elbows, shifting hands ending in umbral claws. His voice carries a soft, eldritch echo. His veins are darker than they should be.[break][break]

But beneath it all, he is still Rocket's unwavering underboss.[break][break]

"Best not to practice yearning those that leave us. They aren't worth your thoughts."[break][break]

His Luxray pauses as the Houndoom does, jaws parted to taste the air. Her tail lashes back and forth, scattering sparks of electricity.[break][break]

"Seems they're on to something."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 CUT ONE'S LOSSES

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 12:42:41 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”I usually don’t.” A partial lie, he could think of a couple people he wished were still around in the organisation, but it was better to not voice it. ”Should’ve tried ‘em, maybe we can force him to make a couple cakes before we take care of him, ey?” Kouji said with amusement sneaking into his voice, a simple jest.
[break][break]
Though he did keep his eye to where Houndoom and Luxray were looking, the two had senses far better than that of humans; yet Kouji kept half of his attention on Cillian, there was a difference there. It wasn’t just the darkness, the veins, or his voice; there was an added pressure he was doing his best to ignore.
[break][break]
”Y’know, you can just leave this kinda stuff to us grunts. Then again, the fact you don’t is probably why guys are so loyal towards ya.” He said offhandedly before he kneeled down to look at the tracks; it was half of a footprint, the other half had been cleaned up but the leaf had managed to keep the impression concealed.
[break][break]
He pointed it out, then looked at the pokemon, Houndoom seemed to think this was the right path. The humidity was still rather low even this close to the sea, the islets here were struggling for rain. What shrubbery and plant did grow was struggling too; were the rains really being misplaced to such an extent.
[break][break]
”Think they’re pointing at the caves, they’re pretty brutal and water logged as hell, but the water levels are probably a lot lower than usual this year.” He said the information to a man who did not need telling it.

NOTES

Cut One's Losses

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 8:30:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Kouji speaks in jest, but still Cillian wrinkles his nose with disdain for the traitor. He's sure that could do far better.[break][break]

"If I left all the work to the grunts, my job would be terribly dull."[break][break]

He's only half joking. He didn't mind busywork, paperwork, but a man who craved adrenaline as much as Cillian Quinn could not sit comfortably behind a desk forever. He'd delegate when necessary, but often found himself eager to bloody his hands as much as anyone else.[break][break]

He'd coveted the title of Beast once, after all.[break][break]

Indeed, Cillian does not need to be told anything of Hoenn's geography, but he doesn't rebuke the information. It was good to share information.[break][break]

"We press on, no matter the conditions. We can always turn back if it gets too treacherous. But if a lone traitor made it this far, so can we."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 CUT ONE'S LOSSES

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 22:16:57 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji ran a hand through his hair as he looked at the cave, pulling out Dracovish and recalling Houndoom; the dragon fish wobbled around for a moment before moving in tow with the rest of them.
[break][break]
One could feel the difference the moment they stepped into the cave itself, the air was moister, it was oppressively thick. It was almost like the cave of origins itself, but there was something else in the air as well.
[break][break]
Kouji nodded, he didn’t really plan to slow down as their path was stopped yet his Dracovish stepped into the water for Kouji to ride upon. He didn’t even think to ask if his boss had a water type, but the Grunt brought out his Kingdra for Cillian to ride upon.
[break][break]
”C’mon guys, lets cut across here real quick.” Kouji said, though his voice was quieter than before as he wanted to avoid the echo.
[break][break]
”Paperwork huh? You wanna teach me how to do it, I never finished school, think it might be worth knowing.” He said offhandedly, talking of things to do after a fight always allowed his mind to fully concentrate on the kill itself.

NOTES

Cut One's Losses

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 5:41:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian shakes his head when Kouji sends out the Kingdra.[break][break]

"I've got plenty of swimmers."[break][break]

Yet it's not a Water-type the underboss sends out, but his blood-red Dhelmise. The aura around the Shadow Pokemon radiates with malice, but it does not protest as Cillian steps onto its arm. A soft click of his tongue and a gesture of his hand sets the specter afloat, drifting eerily across the expanse.
[break][break]

It's cooler in the cave than it had been outside, but the thickness of the air makes it feel muggy rather than pleasant. Cillian will never learn to love humidity.
[break][break]

"If only I had the time." His laugh is short. "Honestly, I haven't thought of half the stuff I learned in school for years."
[break][break]

He'd enjoyed school, had thrown himself into his studies in a desperate attempt to impress his father that had proved to be in vain. Still, it was hardly surprising that he'd gone on to earn his PhD.
[break][break]

"It's not for everyone," he says of paperwork, shrugging. "I don't hate it, but I certainly would if it was the only thing I ever did."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 CUT ONE'S LOSSES

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 5:48:17 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji withdrew his Kingdra, while Dracovish moved forward; he listened attentively while realizing it was a bust for him.
[break][break]
”Mah, I tend to run into things I haven’t learned. Can’t believe there were people that didn’t hate school.” Kouji said with a soft laugh before he stuck his hands in his pockets as they were getting close to finishing the crossing, and the opening to a larger room.
[break][break]
”I might book a vacation to go and get my high school diploma, hope you don’t mind sir.” He said with a laugh before he killed it immediately the moment there was another presence in the room, another person, the person they had been searching for.
[break][break]
It was a hollow feeling that had taken over. A person who had left rocket, had left him, it wasn’t a matter of simply dealing with his anger at being left behind, he didn’t have much anger left for others. ”Jester.” Kouji peaked up, the man seemed to have been looking for something, anything.
[break][break]
”You might as well just give in.” Kouji said as he stepped onto land, the man before them dropped onto his knees.
[break][break]
”Wait…Underboss Quinn? Gods, Kouji, please, I can’t…I’ve got a wife, a kid, I can’t do another fight.” The man dropped onto his knees.

NOTES

Cut One's Losses

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 5:01:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I'm people," says Cillian with a short laugh. "Loved it. Would go for another degree if I wasn't so busy with Rocket."[break][break]

Paleontology had been his first love, but he'd taken a double-major in history and wouldn't have minded learning more in post-grad. Alas, his free time was sacred and usually spent with or catching up with old friends.[break][break]

He shakes his head at Kouji's ask.[break][break]

"I don't mind, though it'll take some work. Rather than a vacation, take some extra time off each week to study up. Anyone gives you trouble, you point them my way."[break][break]

Kouji wouldn't be the first Rocket Cillian encouraged to pursue their education. Wouldn't be the last, either.[break][break]

But all talk of schooling dies in Jester's presence.[break][break]

"Kouji can't help you." To defy an order in front of an underboss, especially an order such as this, would be an incredibly dangerous play. Cillian's reputation was not favorable among those in need of discipline. "You should've thought of your family before you betrayed us. You're lucky I'll settle for your life, instead of taking theirs."[break][break]

The umbral chains of a SHADOW HOLD curl around the traitor, tightening uncomfortably.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 CUT ONE'S LOSSES

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 20:50:20 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Uwaaa…Scary...Mind if wrap this up?” Kouji said aloud, a knife ready in his hand; then again the inside of his jacket was chock full of them. He gripped the handle tightly, even as the umbral chains were wrapping tightly around the traitor. ”Did you really think that’d work? C’mon, you should’ve said you were investigating something and forgot to call in, idiot. You’re lucky Underboss Quinn’s gonna leave your family out of it.”
[break][break]
It was casual, warm even as Kouji twirled the knife between his fingers as if he was doing a simple party trick. Jester was having trouble breathing, though it was obvious he had heard the words. It had taken significant effort to draw in the breath needed to reply, to say the words he needed to say. Fear had been overtaken by rage as his countenance turned scarlet, in part pressure, in part anger.
[break][break]
”Did any of my work mean anything to you guys? The hours I put in when I could’ve watched my kid grow up! The times in the breakroom drinking and eating together, nothing? C’mon Matsubara, we’re friends ri-”
[break][break]
It was a swift movement, a swipe of his arm with the blade that had cut the man’s throat wide open, trachea exposed, jugular open, he didn’t manage to avoid the gurgling out of blood as it popped.
[break][break]
”Yeah, course we’re friends. I’ll come visit ya in the border, k?” He spoke with a chipper voice to the man who was losing his last light. He turned back to Cillian. ”Hm…We taking his body back? He might have some accounts and stuff that work off fingerprints.”
[break][break]
He didn't hesitate this time, not like with , nor like he did with his father. It made his words a lie however, he didn't feel anything after that like he had just finished a stranger. He hadn't shied away from killing even before joining this organization, but it was becoming easier and easier as time went on, and the weight became lighter. Like he was chipping away at parts of himself.

NOTES

Cut One's Losses

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 21:53:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian's only response is a curt nod. Permission.[break][break]

He had intended to order Kouji to kill the traitor, ensure that his moment of weakness was only that. The grunt taking the initiative himself is a welcome sign.[break][break]

In the face of Jester's anger, the underboss is silent.[break][break]

Arterial blood spray spatters against his suit, painting whites with bright specks of crimson. Cillian steps to the side and out of the way as his shadows retract and the traitor slumps forward, dead.[break][break]

"No need. Our hackers will find an override."[break][break]

He kicks the body into the water and watches it sink.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 CUT ONE'S LOSSES

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Cutting Close
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 22:05:57 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Gotcha. Now about that off-time, how about an early finish on fridays, so I can get the saturday and sunday for extra study time.” He wasn’t quite sure what he was going to study, Kouji cleaned off his knife. He hadn’t even finished high school, dropping out at fifteen.
[break][break]
He really was an overall mess, even so he kept his facade friendly, jovial as he wiped his knife down and threw the handkerchief in the water to join the body of his buddy.
[break][break]
”Hm, a shame.” He said at the water before he shrugged again, he wasn’t sure what he was supposed to feel over this. But then again Jester wasn’t his closest friend.
[break][break]
”What do you say for a drink, and then find the nearest cages for some bare knuckle fighting.”

NOTES

Cut One's Losses

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region