August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 14:22:07 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nostalgia wasn’t the best medicine for Kouji at the moment, but returning to his hometown in a more semi-permanent capacity was the only thing that had come to his mind. After his absolute trouncing at the hands of Navidson, and his year of constant kicks; this berry field was the place he sat by. The fence that had once been half a head taller than him, stood barely above his waist. Sitting on it had been a task in those days, but right now he simply hopped up on it, and made himself comfortable.
[break][break]
Watching the berry trees sway wasn’t anywhere near as comforting as he had hoped it would be, his hands were far too twitchy, every sound made him turn towards it. Simply put, Kouji couldn’t relax, he wanted to jump back onto his feet and begin pacing on the spot, but discipline kept him rooted to the spot.
[break][break]
”Oi, you brat, don’t go touching that berry tree.” He said before he moved, on instinct he ended up grabbing a kid by the hood of his jumper and lifting him up, staring at the brat eye level. ”Someone’s spent time growing that, it isn’t for some grubby kid with unwashed hands to go picking.”
[break][break]
Though he quickly realised that while he meant for a mean look, he didn’t really mean to make the kid in his grip cry, so he just let the kid go to run off and tell the nearest adult that this man was bullying him.
[break][break]
”Haaa. Big bad me, protecting a berry tree.”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Three
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Lavaridge Ranger Captain
n/a
Single
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
268 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 21:51:56 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

After following her dreams of becoming a Ranger Nurse, Airi found herself spending less time in her hometown and more time traveling to the other cities and towns around the Hoenn Region in order to help protect the environment and those living within it. Unfortunately, it is always a bitter-sweet experience for Airi to return back to her roots. She enjoyed spending time with her father and catching up with old friends. However, home is also a reminder that her mother is no longer around to spread her joy and love. Despite it being years since her mother passed away, Airi has her moments when somedays or better than others. Today, just happens to be one of those not so good days.
[break][break]

Airi found herself wondering along the beautiful and peaceful path that will lead her towards the Berry Garden. One of the few places that she always enjoyed visiting when she was a little girl. She loved soaking in the sunlight, taking in the sight of the colorful berries and watching the Wild Pokémon that would often visit the Berry Garden in hopes of swiping a few berries for themselves. Of course, she was also known to shove a couple in her mouth or pockets, too. Sometimes, her mother would even bake some delicious treats from the berries that she had collected from the garden. Ah, the good ole' days.
[break][break]

As Airi continued to move a bit closer towards the Berry Garden, her keen ears would eavesdrop on a conversation between an adult and a child. Apparently, the adult was either trying to scold the child or attempting to intimidating him not to take any berries away from the garden. Perhaps, he was trying to do both of those things? Either way, Airi shook her head as she watched the kid run off crying to another adult. A deep sigh escapes from her scarlet-red lips as she walked towards light-haired person. Her long, chocolate brown hair dancing in the wind and her goddess-like hips and thighs swaying from side to side in her short, dark-hued floral dress that hugs against her dangerous curves in all of the right places.
[break][break]
"You did not have to make him cry, Kouji. We used to steal berries from the garden all of the time as little kids. He will grow older and learn to appreciate all of the hard work that others put in to ensure that this garden is thriving as it should be." Airi stated with a gentle tone as she continued walk towards the familiar face. "I can't believe it. It is actually you, huh?" She giggled, her deep azure eyes shimmering like beautiful sapphires as she makes eye contact with her old her. "Tell me... How have you been since our last encounter."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 23:14:08 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

It was a musical voice that reached his ear, in a familiar timbre; from a person he knew all too well. He turned his head only part way, his neck length white hair swayed ever so slightly, too coarse to move like silk, it remained mostly in place. His darkened skin seemed to almost glow as he fought down the smile that was bubbling up.
[break][break]
”Aye, but we were smart enough not to get caught. If he tried to be sneaky, I might’ve felt like letting him go.” It was a voice interlaced with humour, but it also sounded hollow compared to before. His smile that threatened to split his face for a moment grew duller, more empty.
[break][break]
Still, his attire couldn’t be said to fit the weather either, the tie and shirt he wore were the only things not in black; with the tie itself being a dark navy instead…Though the colour itself didn’t bring up any good feelings.
[break][break]
In comparison, Airi was a far more bright sight, even if the coloration of her garments were as dark hued as his own. The type of person to catch the eye of an entire crowd, all in all a hell of a woman; men would jump over each other to sit next to her, and Kouji?
[break][break]
”Who else would I be? I’m actually a guy called Kouma, hailing from Johto?” Kouji tried to tease her in return as he leaned back against the wooden fence, arms crossed over his chest. ”Been travelling the region, learning things, boring things really. Made a couple trips to Kanto.”
[break][break]
As for Kouji, Airi Watanabe was someone that stirred up all manner of mixed feelings, but right now he could only feel the calm of a reunion. ”Heard you’re a ranger now? You’re really following in your pop’s footsteps.” Life had a way to cause people to drift apart.
[break][break]
A stint in Juvie, and joining the war effort of another region did that too, but who was counting. Kouji himself wasn’t. As he turned his eyes away from Airi, and towards the berries he could only hum; he wasn’t about to reveal his allegiance to her. It was known, but he wasn’t publically marked, his wanted posters weren’t flying around. But…
[break][break]
”I do like the name Kouma actually, you should call me that.” The first genuine smile he could hold.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Three
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Lavaridge Ranger Captain
n/a
Single
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
268 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 0:43:37 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Airi placed her dainty hand over her painted lips, giggling softly inside of the palm of her hand as she shook her head in disagreement with his words. "I don't trust it. I still believe that you would have given him a hard time either way," she responded back to his previous comment. She shifts her breathtaking azure orbs away from Kouji, focusing them on one of the towering berry trees in the distance. The golden sunray gently kissing her fair skin and casting an ethereal glow that causes her lovely features to stand out even more. She admires the berry tree for a few seconds, then returns her attention back to Kouji.
[break][break]

"You have got to be kidding me, Kouji. You should know better than to try to trick me. I have never been one to fall for any of your tricks," she stated, a cunning smirk slowly curling against her soft, full lips. "Or have you forgot?" She questioned him, slightly tilting her head to the side. A soft smile soon replacing the cunning smirk as she took a few seconds to admire his physical appearance. It seems that he has changed bit a quite since the last time the two of them were faced to face with each other. Still, she could not place a finger on what is exactly different about him this time. "Ah, come on. It cannot all be boring. There has to be something new that you have enjoyed learning about, Kouji. Think, think, think!" She told him, genuinely interested in learning even more about his travels.

[break][break]

Airi nodded her head at his remark about her occupation. "Ranger Nurse, mind you. Put some respect on my title," she answered with a few playful giggles falling behind her words. "You shouldn't be too surprised, right? I remember all of those adventures we used to have exploring Petalburg Woods. It was nothing for me to navigate through those woods to save an injured Pokémon in need," she added, a soft smile spreading across her lips as she reflected on those childhood memories for a moment. It was not easy for her to make the decision to leave her family and friends behind to pursue her dreams. However, she did what she felt like she needed to do in order to better herself and to serve those who are not able to serve themselves.

[break][break]

Airi took notice that something seems to be weighing heavy on her old friend's mind. His facial expression before breaking eye contact made it clear to her. She could feel herself becoming slightly concerned and worried about him. However, she made a quick promise to herself that she will not probe for answers. If he wished to share something with her, then she will just have to trust that he will do so in due time. A quick chuckle soon escaped from her lips when Kouji snapped back and suggested that she would call him "Kouma." "Yeah. There is no way that I will be calling you by that name. Kouji is a lot better, and it suits you," she added, flashing him with her alluring smile as her piercing ocean blue eyes connected with his golden-hued orbs for a while.

[break][break]

"Kouji... It is good to see you again." She admitted to him. To be honest, she is quite relieved to see that he is still alive and well. Despite the two of them not keeping in contact with each other over the years, she often found herself wondering about his well-being.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 5:31:58 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Good to see you too, I’ve really missed ya.” He said as he fought down the chuckles, the laughter about to rumble through his body. ”It was also worth a shot, I’ll get you calling me that one day.” He returned that smile of hers with a smirk of his own, those golden orbs locked onto her clear blue ones. There was a shine there that was difficult for him to put into words.
[break][break]
So he didn’t.
[break][break]
He exhaled slowly through parted lips, hand extending out towards a berry tree as he plucked its fruit and threw it over his shoulder towards Airi. It wasn’t the type of action one could condone as an adult, especially after telling off a kid, but his back being to her made him hiding his ennui far easier.
[break][break]
For most, his fake smiles and hollow laughter might have sufficed, but he didn’t count his bets with this person. Looking away from her meant he could afford not to think of better times, not looking at her allowed his thoughts to not stir for a moment. He could rely on his mind right now perfectly well.
[break][break]
”So Miss Ranger Nurse, it is still Miss right? You didn’t go and have a wedding without inviting me did you?” He teased and deflected, everything he’d learn and learned was in regards to battle now. He didn’t have skills or knowledge that related to this side of the world anymore…
[break][break]
A problem.
[break][break]
”Though I did get stuck in a time slip, so I’d forgive you. Going from being nineteen to twenty three sure is tough, I do like the extra inch or two to my height.” He said as he turned, hand placed perpendicular to his hand, flat. It almost looked like a salute before he measured the difference in height between the two. It was a few inches, but.
[break][break]
”Or did you shrink? Being a Ranger suits you a lot, but if you go and get shorter, it might be a problem?”

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Three
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Lavaridge Ranger Captain
n/a
Single
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
268 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 22:05:50 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Airi narrowed her piercing azure orbs at Kouji when her white-haired friend admitted that he had "really" missed her. "Can you repeat that again? I am not sure if I heard you correctly or not... Did you just admit that you really missed me?" She giggled before placing her left hand around her left ear as she leaned in a little closer towards him to hear him repeat those words to her again, if he chose to do so. "Perhaps when Grumpig fall from the sky I will call you by that name," she giggled, being her stubborn self a bit. The small banter happening between the two of them truly taking her on trip down memory lane. Back then, everything seemed so less complicated to her.
[break][break]

The sound of a Taillow flying above them soon caused Airi to shift her attention away from Kouji for a few seconds as she took a moment to observe the tiny swallow perching on berry tree's branch. Unsurprisingly, she felt a berry make contact with the top of her head the minute she had let her guard down around her childhood friend. She swiftly turned her voluptuous body around as her sapphire-blue eyes glared at Kouji. "Hey! Don't try to play innocent, Kouji! I know that it was you!" She told him, extending her right hand out to playfully twist his ear. She giggled at his reaction to her playful gesture before she removed her hand and placed back down to her side.
[break][break]
"Ah, you are not being slick Kouji. You are asking, because you want to know if I am single or not." She smirk, resting her arms underneath her chest. "If you must know... It is still Miss. Being a Ranger Nurse keeps me pretty busy, ya'know? And how about yourself? Have you finally managed to sudden down with the right person, yet?" She inquired, her azure eyes connecting with his golden orbs once more.
[break][break]
Her eyes widened, then twinkled with a little bit of confusion and curiosity as Kouji revealed that he was stuck in a time slip. "What? How did that even happen? Goodness, Kouji. It seems that trouble still finds of a way of finding you... Or is it you that finds it?" She joked with him. "I suppose that explains why your ears and your head seem to be a little bit bigger," she teased him a bit more.
[break][break]
"Ha, ha. ha... Do not let that little growth spurt make you too proud, Kouji. I can still kick your ass. Short or not."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 2:08:23 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”I thought I was being slick if you ask me.” Kouji said as he rubbed his ears, not truly out of pain; but out of habit. ”Can’t say things are much better for me, work has me move around a lot…So I’ve been too busy to break hearts.” He jested with a subtle laugh.
[break][break]
Though the chuckle died down right before he hummed aloud, his index finger tapped on his chin for a few moments as he considered how to answer her question. His eyes shot upwards, before his golden eyes locked onto hers, a cocky smirk adorning his face. ”Me and Trouble are fated to be together, but to answer your question…It was in Area Zero while I was working, got there, and next thing I know, I come out four years later, it's really hard to explain that one to the manager.” He said light heartedly, the happenings of Hoenn were utterly strange.
[break][break]
”Might have to go back, maybe these ears of mine will shrink instead, can’t have you stretching one of them too much.” Though, when the opportunity came to tease her properly, his dull smile spread wide, almost a cheshire grin as he hovered his hand above her head.
[break][break]
The height difference wasn’t truly staggering, but it was enough for him to still tease her. The comfortable, lighthearted fun he was partaking in was enough to bring a flicker of a shine back to his eye as he patted the top of her head.
[break][break]
”Yeah yeah, I’m sure you can beat my ass after you bite my ankles like three hundred times.” He gave one final pat as he leaned back against the fence post again, arms crossed over his chest; and a raised eyebrow.
[break][break]
”From the sounds of it, am I the only one that missed this? There you go, I repeated it. Never ask me again.” He said with mock annoyance before he let go a long, over exaggerated sigh.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Three
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Lavaridge Ranger Captain
n/a
Single
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
268 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 2:50:55 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Could it be? Kouji is losing his touch?" She questioned, raising her right eye at him as she places her hand over her heart in a dramatic manner. "I know that you're Mr. Cool and all... But have you ever broken a heart?" she would ask him, slightly curious to hear his answer. It is possible that he could have broken a few hearts here and there, but she often sees him a lot differently than most people would probably view him. The ultimate "Edge Lord" with a little bit of softness deep, deep, deep, down inside. She wished that he would allow others to see that side him, but she also understands the importance of keeping his guard up to prevent others from stepping on his heart or shattering his dreams.
[break][break]

Airi shook herself out of her deep thoughts once Kouji started to share more his unique adventure with her. "Area Zero, huh? I have read about it a bit. Either you were pretty damn lucky or cursed to visit a place like Area Zero," she laughed. She would not mind making a trip to Area Zero herself at some point. However, she also knew that those chances were quite low. Plus, she is not entirely if she would want to age a few extra years.
[break][break]
Airi smirked, then shrugged her shoulders at his words. "I would just have something to pull on until he stretches out even more. I am sure there are a lot of other options," she informed him. She then playful stuck her tongue out at him after he flashed him with his mischievous grin. She felt a lot more ease to see that he seems to be coming back around to the old Kouji that she remembered from back in the day.
[break][break]
"Hey, stop!" She swatted away at his hand as he attempted to show off the difference in their height. "You know what? You're just as annoying as you were as a kid," she laughed as she continued to swat at his hand. Normally, she probably would have given him a little shove, but she did not want to risk knocking him down from the fence.
[break][break]
"Aww, Kouji! Don't be like that! I've missed you, too! See, is that better?" She giggled, moving a bit closer to the fence them leaning her backside against it. "Kouji... You would tell me if you weren't okay, right? or if something is bothering you?" She asked, carefully picking a berry from a near tree, then gently rolling it around between her fingers for a few seconds as her dazzling azure eyes glances to over to connect with his golden ones.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 4:22:19 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Much better, I feel like all the stresses in my life have left my soul, and flew off into the sky, or something mushy like that.” His expression changed into that of a half smirk before he stuck his tongue out,
[break][break]
”Losing my touch? No way, never ever. Can’t lose something I’ve never had.” A tone filled with mirth and mock depression, Kouji turned his head away, though the smile on his face could be seen even through his side profile. ”Not like you’re one to talk.” He said as he turned back to her, finger poking her cheek a single time.
[break][break]
”Got looks like that, and you’re single? Avoiding partners on purpose?” Though he was ready to quickly jump from the topic itself, and unto that of Area Zero, he knew he hadn’t enjoyed his time there, too much dryness, and a strange place, time distortions weren’t something he’d ever want to deal with again, and that place was now utterly ruined for him.
[break][break]
Enough to bring his rising mood back down. ”More like a curse, but it’s a rare enough place. Wonder if the one in Paldea is the same.” Kouji wondered aloud, though he covered up his ears so she wouldn’t pull on it anymore.
[break][break]
”No way no way, I’d have to have something bothering me in the first place, and nothing ever bothers me.” He said with a thumbs up, trying to play it all off, he kept eye contact for as long as he could, as if that would add extra credence to his statement. Though, making it humorous was also a way he dealt with it, covered it up, and hid it all.
[break][break]
Though he was the first one to break eye contact, a little dour but he put a proper smile to his face. ”Maybe one day I’ll tell ya, right now there’s way too much to think about.” Was his honest admission.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Three
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Lavaridge Ranger Captain
n/a
Single
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
268 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 4:48:20 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Good. You do not have an excuse to be mean to little kids anymore," she giggled, taking a quick moment to think about Shinobu's previous interact with the kid attempting to steal some berries from one of the precious trees. "You know it's not as cute when you do it," she joked, rolling her eyes at him as she watched him stick his tongue out at her.
[break][break]

"Right, indeed. You cannot lose something that you have never had to begin with, Kouji," she added, nodding her head in agreement with his words as a small smirk tugged gently against the corners of her lips. With her agile reflexes, Airi swiftly took a hold of the finger that Kouji used to poke her cheek. She then applied a little pressure to it, bending it backwards just a bit before releasing it. "Come on, Kouji! You are going to have to move a lot faster than that, Slowpoke!" She giggled, shaking her head at her friend.
[break][break]
Airi sighed at Kouji's question. "Yeah. Like I mentioned earlier, I just do not have the time for it right now. Besides, does anyone ever truly date anymore?" She asked him, giving him a half-smile. Truth be told, she does desire to be with the right person someday. However, there is a strong sense of fear that someone will break her heart and leave her shattered in a million pieces. It is one of the reasons why she keeps the wall guarding her heart as study as a Steelix to prevent anything from happening to it.
[break][break]
"I am sorry to hear that, Kouji. I really am. I am just happy that you made it out alive." She verbalized in a sincere tone. She felt bad for bringing down his mood again. She will do whatever it takes to restore the little bit of happiness that seemed to gleam in his golden orbs earlier.
[break][break]
She knew it. She knew that there is something weighing heavily on his mind. She also expected that he would not wish to share those deep thoughts with her just yet, too and that is perfectly fine. "It is all good. I know that you tell reveal it to me in due time," she smiled, gently placing her left hand over his shoulders for a few seconds. "How about we take a stroll through the garden?" She suggested, hoping to brighten up his mood a bit.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 5:05:44 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji sighed before he took in a deep breath, filling his body with oxygen, to revitalise himself. What was he doing trying to make other people worry about him? He’d dealt with the entire year just fine on his own, he could handle this too. ”Sure, but…” He said before a devious idea went through his mind.
[break][break]
”You’re going to have to catch.” Once again grabbing a berry before throwing it at Airi, it wasn’t thrown with a lot of force, but it was still rather quick. ”Don’t be getting distracted, I can throw a berry at you, at any time, at any place.” It was childish, it was pointless, but it was carefree, and so he indulged in it.
[break][break]
God knows that would come to an end soon.
[break][break]
”Stop worrying so much about me, I’m hella tough y’know?” He said as he beat on his chest. ”I can get rejected twelve times and walk away with a hop to my step.” He said as he played it off with a joke aimed at himself, a punch to his chest for further emphasis.
[break][break]
”Also, you’d be surprised as some of the love stories you hear nowadays, a lot of ‘em are crap. But with the region in constant danger, some of that crap sounds like stuff out of books.” He answered her earlier statement, people did indeed date still, but then again he was surrounded by people risking their lives in battle and acts of terrorism.
[break][break]
”Buut, I think you might be tough outta luck. Maybe you should check out some dating apps with your busy schedule.” Kouji said as he poked her cheek, just a little bit faster this time around, though it was easy to see it coming.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Three
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Lavaridge Ranger Captain
n/a
Single
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
268 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 21:18:18 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Her azure eyes were locked on Kouji as she studied his body language a bit. This time, she was not distracted by anything else happening around them. Therefore, she was able to dodge the incoming berry flawlessly. "You fooled me once. There was no way that I was going to fall for that little trick again," she giggled, shaking her index finger at him. "I believe that you have learned your lesson, so I am not too worried about any more of your antics," Airi informed him, a small smirk spreading across her lips.
[break][break]
Airi sighed, then rolled her eyes the moment Kouji encouraged her not to worry about him. "I know that you are tough, but that does not mean that I cannot worry about you... You been through more than enough." She told him. A hint of a softer expression showing through her deep ocean blue eyes. She admired his strength and his ability to bounce back after being knocked over repeatedly and ever once thinking about giving up on his goal or objective. Still, even the strongest grows weak over time. A few soft giggles fell from her mouth as she watched him continue to pound his chest like Rillaboom.
[break][break]
Airi shrugged her shoulders at Kouji's words. "I am not going to say that it is not possible. I suppose it is not something that I am looking for at the moment. Besides, this world is crazy enough. Could you imagine trying to live in this world and balance a relationship, too?" She asked him right before her mind went to wondering off a little. Perhaps, it would be nice to have a significant other to be there for some extra support during this difficult time.
[break][break]
"Hmm, I will think about it? As long as you make a dating profile, too." She grinned at him. She then made an attempt to swat his finger away from her dimpled cheek. "I am convinced that you can't keep your hands off me. I prefer hugs over poking," she teased him. Her deep blue eyes, then glancing up at the sky just time to see a swarm of majestic Beautifly flying above them. "Beautiful."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 0:05:07 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
Kouji looked up at the Butterfree swarm, detached; but then again he had never been a big fan of bug pokemon to begin with. They were pretty, but they didn’t elicit the same feeling as they did in Airi.
[break][break]
He placed a hand on top of her head. ”You’re going to have to settle for hair rufflin’’.” He said as his other hand went for his phone, before opening up his own profile. ”Already there. Have fun looking for me, hint, it’s not Kouji.”
[break][break]
He ruffled up her hair just a little before he removed his hand from the top of her head, and placed it back into his own pocket. He kept a small smile on his face, there were a few things he wanted to say, but he kept the atmosphere as comfortable as possible.
[break][break]
”It’s pretty fun, let’s ya find trainer battles, and dates. No point in avoiding somethin’ that could make ya happy over a couple fears.” He felt like a hypocrite as he spoke, he was doing exactly that.
[break][break]
”Then again, I ain’t doing it either. Maybe some time, but it sure gets dangerous fast around here. Rustboro’s avoided the really crazy stuff, but Dewford was crazy a couple of months ago, definitely no Trainer’s Eye dates there.”
[break][break]
He barely managed to make himself laugh over that, but then again maybe he was saying too much? He looked at his feet for a moment before looking back up at Airi, his right eyebrow rose for a moment, curiosity peaked.
[break][break]
”Also, I got a new number. Don’t go falling out of the picture, and I’ll try the same.” His new personal phone, his last one had gotten destroyed in the Ultra Deep Sea, then again there were only three numbers saved on this phone as he threw it over, now confident in her catching skills.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Aphrodite

Ai
She/Her
Twenty-Three
June 12th
Rustboro City
Heterosexual
Ranger Nurse
Lavaridge Ranger Captain
n/a
Single
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
268 posts
part of
TAG WITH @airi
AIRI WATANABE
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 0:43:58 GMT
AIRI WATANABE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Airi's deep blue eyes shimmered with excitement, watching the elegant butterflies flutter and dance gracefully through the peaceful skies. She swiftly withdrew her cell phone in enough time to record a decent video of them. She will plan to post the video on her social media page for later. Plus, she will have a new memory stored on her phone to remind her of her reunion with Kouji.
[break][break]
"I don' think so and you better not get any funny ideas, Kouji!" She warned him. She hated nothing more than anyone messing up her hair on purpose. As usual, Kouji, being his stubborn self still took it upon himself to ruffle up her hair anyway. "KOUJI!" He yelled out at him, trying to slap at his hand. Luckily for him, he managed to pull it away in time. "You are really going to make me kick your butt, today, huh? I am trying to be nice to since this is our first time seeing each other in a while!" She added, taking a moment to smooth out her hair.
[break][break]
"And when did you become Dr. Love?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow at him. She understood where he is coming from with his lecture. However, she is still not sold on it just yet.
[break][break]
"I see, but it seems that you may be open to the idea? I suppose that is a start, right?" She smiled at him. She would love for him to find a special person. He has gone through a lot over the years, and he deserved to be happy just like everyone else in the world. "I don't know. I guess I just figured that the majority of the people use dating apps for hook-ups and not using it to find their soulmate. But, what do I really know?" she giggled, finally smoothing out the rest of her hair. She then caught a hold of his phone and entered her person number inside of it before handing her cell phone over to him. "I promise not to."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Field of Nostalgia
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 1:00:03 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]
”Please don’t kick my ass, I just discovered my new title as Dr.Love.” Kouji found himself cringing as he said the title aloud before shaking his head, he definitely would not be making that joke anytime soon.
[break][break]
With the casual soft breeze, the slow steps, walking alongside and the butterfree overhead, a part of him did think that this scenery didn’t suit him. He couldn’t relax in such a calm atmosphere, but he covered up that feeling as fast as he could.
[break][break]
His dull golden eyes managed to regain some measure of a spark as the conversation continued, like a flickering bulb that shine came and went as the conversation continued, he held eye contact as he really thought about her last couple statements.
[break][break]
”Y’know, I’m not against it, but I ain’t chasing it either. There’s very few things I ain’t open to.” That was the preamble as he thought about dating apps, there was that amigo too from before; but it was Trainer’s Eye, the more refined version of the app that took over the limelight now.
[break][break]
”You might find a one night hook up, might find the love of ya life, or just some person you like sharing pokemon pictures with. Who knows?” He said slowly, a few laughs coming up as he stretched out.
[break][break]
”Well, I don’t wanna spoil the fun for ya. You’ll see the fun it yourself.” Kouji stated as he looked out at the path in front of them, they were almost at the other side of the berry patch.
[break][break]
Still, he did push the idea a lot, didn’t he? Kouji wasn’t quite sure why, but then again as he watched Tempest and Cillian, a part of him saw just what that spark of love could do for people. It was good for the soul, but then there was the opposite in his father when that spark was lost. People really were strange individuals, weren’t they?
[break][break]
”Gotta be careful now though, Ranger life ain’t easy. You might start getting called up to those dangerous places.” He couldn’t picture her in any of those battlefields he’d been in during the last year, a part of him didn’t want to see her go to them.
[break][break]
”A lot of people never come back.” He didn’t want to leave a dour air, but a part of him felt that it needed to be said.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS