ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
dw
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 16:37:40 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cloverbody"]

Clover shook the water from his hair as he stepped out from the ocean water. His wetsuit discouraged his scatterbug from coming up and greeting him closely, as it didn't care much for water, but archen had no issue and came to rest his shoulder easily. "Thanks for waiting," Clover said warmly to his team who had watched his body surfing from the shore. [break][break]

They stretched their arms out as they made it past a few sandcastles to wear Fenelle stood. "Hey, how's it going? I appreciate you coming out to walk the beach with me." Apparently, it was important for them to keep an eye on any ocean fronts to see if there were any League developments for seafront defenses. He offered dem a smile. "I didn't see anything way out there, but we can keep an eye out from the sand." He also wanted to see if there were any pokemon about that would catch his eye. He hadn't grown his team in quite a while, and he felt a new addition could liven things up.

notes

dw | water/fairy[break]

[GoogleFont=Open Sans:400,700|Ubuntu:400,700]
[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody b, .crushbody i]color:#a189c4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
dw
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 16:51:43 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"]
It's good that the other grunt quickly took to the waves while Fenelle's moving across the shore in casual civilian garb. Der usual autism gang is missing, and has been replaced by some lesser used Rocket team pokémon that dee has been spotted with even as civilian, so it's truly whatever. The Bronzong floats observantly nexts to Clover's pokémon, while Dondozo and Froakie actually accompanied him a little bit, staying some distance away to cover more ground - or water as it were.

Fenelle meanwhile gets to feel a little bit tall as dee has made demself comfortable of the nearly but not quite 5 meter Orthworm's head to get a better overview on the beach and the shore here. As dee sees Clover and der pokémon returning, the Orthworm lowers dem gently, and the Rotom - seemingly chilling but actually taking data - in the tablet floats next to the two humans to assisst their communication.

"No worries. I think for now the beach itself might be something to look out for more, if you haven't spotted anything," Rotom's robotic voice sounds, but dee actually continues signing. With a little sign, however, the Rotom would know only to transcribe in text for Clover to read, and dee subtly points at the screen, too, to make sure they would catch it.

With Kyogre right now, I believe the situation in the water is rather tense. But given its latest development, we might want to observe if there's any shift in pokémon population in the water, too ... ... if that's actually relevant.

Fenelle's mind drifts away a bit, as it is prone to do, and spots movement in the corner of der eye ...

[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
dw
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 10:20:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WIGLETT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FINAL GAMBIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHINCHOU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WATER ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AQUA RING
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox"] PSYBEAM

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
dw
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 16:08:30 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Archen removed himself from Clover's shoulder to go assault some poor Wiglett in the sand. Clover turned his attention to Fenelle in full, considering. Monitoring the beach was the right play, but der idea to check water population was also solid. "I worry about what the Sea Sister is thinking with the mobilization of, erm, that water guardian." Should they also avoid speaking about Kyogre? It might be suspicious to anyone listening in. [break][break]

Their Hoyeon faith told them that the huge shifts in power in nature were a portent. She couldn't imagine what was coming, though. She just hoped it was Earth Mother and a solution to the harsh industrialization of Hoenn. "I haven't been to the beach in ages," they offered as the duo walked along the beach. "I wish it was under more recreational terms, but. I suppose we could be doing something worse, huh?" She wanted to ask what dee thought about der work in Rocket, but she felt like talking about it in public was awkward and probably unwelcome. Still, they wanted a better idea of what to expect. [break][break]

"How have you been, uh, preparing for the... stuff that's happening?" Very smooth, Clover.

notes

dw | water/fairy | catching wiglett[break]

[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
dw
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 16:46:27 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"]
There's the vaguest twitch of amusement in Fenelle's face as Clover starts talking in codenames - an important lesson still and definitely the correct move. If any passerby would find them talking about the frenzied Kyogre in such a non-plussed manner, it would in the best case merely arouse suspicion, and in the worst case, actually leak intel to the League that they would rather keep to themselves.

"Her intel will possibly prove valuable ... especially given that our friends love the sea so much. We wouldn't want anything happening to the boats," Fenelle continues with a thoughtful expression that's more to sell it than to make a point. But fact is indeed, Team Rocket's Headquarters are a submarine. It's almost a miracle that Kyogre never disturbed it - but dee knows that there's minds making sure these paths do not cross.

Dee walks alongside Clover closer to the water again, with the big and stupid gentle looking Orthworm beside them as der water pokémon check out the sea again. At her question, dee pauses for a moment, thinking about the answer. "I suppose the beach can be a nice place to relax ... but I think Slateport's a bit too crowded," dee says, thinking back on that interlude of beach adventures. Dee did catch Froakie and Dondozo during, but that's about every good part there was. "But this is definitely not the worst ..."" Dee ponders for a moment. What would such a young Grunt do? Dee only entered the organisation proper when der parents deemed them ready, which is after some inofficial PHDs.

"Training, mostly. How about you?" This is a rather unlucky place for a heart-to-heart, but they'd make do. Somehow. Probably.

For now, dee also spots a Chinchou which seems to be rather puzzling to Froakie and Dondozo - they do manage to weaken it for Fenelle to catch, however, who looks at the pokéball with a quiet mental note. Water Absorb?

[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
dw
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 3:58:04 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PANPOUR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] torrent
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"] DISARMING VOICE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MUDKIP APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUPERSONIC
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] wide guard

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
dw
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 14:54:46 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Kyogre had a lot of power to rock the boats, as it were. They weren't sure what it would take to incite the beast to act. Apparently, it had been upset and erratic for quite some time. Surely, the rising conflict was going to push it over the edge, but... it hadn't happened yet. Maybe it wouldn't. It was hard to understand the will of such creatures. [break][break]

"Training," she echoed thoughtfully. "I've been in the same boat. I think I need more practice with battling, though. I don't really do that a lot." His family wasn't filled with trainers. In fact, his closest family members didn't even capture pokemon. There were a few regulars that hung around their home, but those pokemon were never caught with a pokeball and technically were wild. [break][break]

He turned his attention to der Rotom. "And where did you find this one? It looks different from anything I've seen." They weren't sure how to feel about pokemon that looked so unnatural. Were they intentionally created that way? They turned their attention towards the waves to see Archen assaulting a Panpour with dragon claw. "Does it shock you to touch it?"

notes

dw | water/fairy | catching panpour[break]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
dw
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 15:28:17 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle nods at Clover's words, offering, "If you want, we can see if we can battle sometime. Any battle experience might prove immensely valuable ... since it's not clear if anyone can stay clear of conflict forever. Admin Cross organises quite a lot of good training sessions." Dee considers it an honour to be able to fight and suffer against the elite of Team Rocket in these moments before the war, even if these fights also paint somewhat of a jarring picture.

The topic then changes to the Rotom and the tablet, and dee turns to actively look at the slightly squeamish ghost. "Do you mean Rotoms in general?" dee asks, lowkey confused how one could maybe not have met one before at all, being an incredible tech nerd and all. "As long as it's in the tablet, it doesn't shock you unless you need to." With a sign, the Rotom would briefly float out of the tablet, revealing its true ghostly and zappy form. "Like this, it'll shock you if you come too close. I've heard some do not shock their trainers and people, but I don't blame it," the Rotom would still translate, now actually speaking in its own voice, before returning to the tablet to transcribe Clover's response.

"It's a bit ill-suited for this environment, but makes up for it in many ways." Their relationship isn't as bad as one would think, but friends is hardly a descriptor of any bond between dee and der pokémon. It's complicated, might be the most accurate description.

After the Chinchou's been caught, a small Mudkip actually dared to rise against the Froakie - and the battle actually seems even-matched. There's a bit of curiosity to see how it ends, but Fenelle would throw a ball as the Mudkip's unaware, catching it swiftly. There would be another time for this particular battle.

catching mudkip

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
dw
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 6:29:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PELIPPER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RAIN DISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPIT UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STOCKPILE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] TWISTER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAWILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOCKPILE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAKE TEARS
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
dw
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 15:23:16 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

"That could be fun!" They would get a lot out of a practice battle. It wasn't like they had a lot of opportunity to fight against other trainers since her friends at home didn't really own pokemon like that and didn't care for the culture of battling that Hoenn was filled with. But there were important skills involved that she needed to develop for her own well-being and survival. [break][break]

They flinched backwards at the Rotom's appearance, feeling nervous, but the Rotom seemed relaxed enough. "Oh, well if it doesn't always shock outside of tech then that's not so bad." It's possession of technology was super interesting, but he wasn't sure it was his thing. But having your own tech support at hand was surely beneficial. [break][break]

"Your Rotom seems- hey!" Their peripheral vision suggested Archen was in trouble. It was readily confirmed as her bird was struggling in the mouth of the Mawile's external maw. "Oh, no you don't!" She got in close and stuffed her foot onto the bottom of the mouth, her hands lifting the upper jaw. Archen flew out and Clover removed herself before it could snap closed on her. The mouth flicked up to try and chase Clover, so he tossed a pokeball defensively to keep it down. [break][break]

A little out of breath, he said, "this place is kind of crazy, but at least there seems to be no war movement out here."

notes

dw | water/fairy | catching mawile[break]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
dw
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 7:25:04 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
"Then let's see what we can schedule," Fenelle replies with a nod, always eager to battle for more experience. It's not been something that came up before in der life very much, so dee grasps at any chance for experience dee can get.

It's interesting for dem to see the reaction to the Rotom, and it's probably also interesting for the Rotom since usually so far, it has been the one to flinch (or keep the flinches inside as to not embarrass itself). It's socially challenged enough to brzzt in what it deems a friendly manner, but it's really up to interpretation. Not everyone likes the occasional shock crawling across their skin like Fenelle does.

With relief, it returns to the homeliness of the tablet, but soon something else attracts attention, anyway. Fenelle actually looks impressed as Clover gets in there bodily. However, there's another thing on the horizon, too ... Froakie and Dondozo have no problem taking that Pelipper out, so Fenelle could add it to der collection.

"The Wildlife here seems to be rather healthy," dee agrees with Clover, giving them a thumbs-up as well after the Archen's rescued and the Mawile's caught. "Seems like pokémon as humans adapt to the ongoing threats."

catching pelipper

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
dw
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2024 18:31:27 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CRAWDAUNT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ADAPTABILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR SHELL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE HIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]VICE GRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox"] AQUA JET

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DACHSBUN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] AROMA VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WORK UP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAIL WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
dw
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 3:19:46 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

She giggles at the Rotom's movement. Der assessment of the wildlife pulls their attention back from the Rotom and to their environment. "Agreed. Maybe a little more aggressive than usual, though." Not that he minded too much since it helped him pick powerful pokemon. Of course, he also preferred not to see Archen nearly eaten.[break][break]

Their phone rang, jolting them. Pulling their phone up, it was Dad. "I gotta take this, sorry," he said in a rush, leaving dem and der pokemon to the path as he scurried off to take a call without any incrimination noises in the background.

notes

dw | water/fairy | skip[break]

close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
dw
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 18:31:51 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle nods at the additional remark, signing at the Rotom to also note that down in addition. Dee also gives an affirmative nod at the sudden call, not minding as dee prepares to wrap up the whole thing itself. It's then that something interesting comes up, actually, however, as dee signs for the Rotom to call der Dondozo and Froakie back entirely ... but huh. Interesting.

There's a possibility this Crawdaunt that just appeared might have an ability and some powers that dee would need in a certain endeavour ... with Dondozo and Froakie halfway to dem, dee signs for them to get back into the water and weaken the Crawdaunt so that dee could catch them nice and easy. It doesn't take long for the duo to reach a point where the catch rate should be fairly good, and Fenelle throws a ball.

catching crawdaunt

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
dw
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 1:24:27 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YOU CAUGHT THE CRAWDAUNT!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ADAPTABILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR SHELL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE HIT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HARDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]VICE GRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox"] AQUA JET