6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[WOPS] Josh and Silverio #2
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 20:25:35 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh and may have chased off a school of Sharpedo preventing stranded divers from escaping, but that was only a small part of the operation. Their violence had triggered a slow collapse of one of the wrecked vessels. As the ship slowly sank into the sand beneath, a small group of stranded divers panicked not only from their solid ground sinking out from underneath them, but a toxic spill inching its way toward them.

"You bring your best water Pokémon, Silverio?" the Mauville Leader asked his partner for the job, floating off his Palafin's back and onto a sinking deck. "I don't think I can do this with just six of my water Pokémon." As strong as they were, they could only help so many people at once...

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Ecco          Palafin        Good

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 22:38:29 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

another hour, and another rescue mission undertaken. only moments prior, silverio had just accomplished a deep dive into the unknown in search of valuable resources that were said to be detrimental to the league's relief efforts. and even before, he had managed to help one of the captains build a safe haven for those affected by collapsed structures and raging tides. today? more folks were reported to be endangered in some way, and fortunately, silverio would be joining a familiar ally on a quest to free them from said dangers.

"no sweat, i've got two here with me." water-type pokémon, while not strictly a necessity, were greatly beneficial to the rangers' operations. or at least, that is to say this was certainly the case with the paldean champion and his two aquatic companions of which he would summon now from there spherical chambers. an ambitious amphibian and a hard-scaled insectoid. "the more, the merrier, yeah?"

he quickly looked over his equipment - wetsuit, oxygen supply, medkit, four other pokéballs. good, all set! "alright...we're ready when you are."

operation #2: ranger rescue
objective #12: ensure sufficient supplies are available for the operation
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 2:00:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Silverio didn't seem to have a Pokémon that Josh had in mind, what with him having his own diving equipment. "Good stuff. I'm going to start searching the upper cabin area for people who weren't able to escape. Prioritize the ones on the lowest levels first. There's a small island on the south side where some of my flying Pokémon can airlift them back to Dewford. The important thing is to get them out of immediate danger."

With that, Josh released his Palafin and sat in the water-type's saddle. The halls were just wide enough for him and his Pokémon to swim through. With so many halls to search and the water slowly rising, he wouldn't have enough time to cover them all on his own. He clicked open a Poké Ball, Keiga the Kingdra uncoiling her tail and shooting an ink sphere toward the ceiling. He pointed down a parallel hallway where more cabins were at. The aquatic dragon was off, the Palafin and Kingdra both listening for unusual splashing, cries for help, and the like.

04. Direct a pokemon to scout ahead for reconnaissance.

{PC: 2}

Keiga         Kingdra        Good

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 19:42:53 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"right, i'll have my comms open if anything."

there was more to being a water pokémon to than to simply have the ability to swim, or in rare cases, a lack thereof. the ability to withstand some of the hottest flames or the coldest steel also played a factor in their success. in the case of an aquatic venue on the verge of collapsing, they would need to endure the falling rubble and rising tides. for this job, silverio found no others in his lineup more capable than his bubbly frog friend and his hard-scaled insect warrior.

as instructed, silv and his crew would take a path down into the lower levels of this failing establishment. jumping ahead of the pack was his frogadier, inspecting corridors and corners to and fro to scan for any potential threats to either them or the affected. meanwhile, the bulky bug soldier would take it upon himself to cautiously maneuver some lingering debris away from the group, triggering some mild splashing into the deep blue abyss. then suddenly...

'hello!? is there anyone out there that can help us!? please!!'

silverio instinctively initiates a call to his partner. "this is silv, i hear someone calling out down here on the lower levels. it sounds like they may need help, i'm heading down there." still ahead of the paldean and the insectoid, the frogadier moves to secure every turn to ensure the team's safety en route to whoever it is that may be seeking aid.

objective #41: secure corners and blind spots to ensure the area is safe to act in
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 22:00:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

Silverio had a hit; it seemed there were some trapped on the lower levels, where air was at its most precious. The human body could only last for minutes at a time without air, and once the lungs began to fill with salt water, it would be all but over. "Roger, Silverio," Josh acknowledged. "I'll finish sweeping the top floor, then I'll work my way down. If you need any immediate help, let me know, and I'll be down in a flash, over."

On the top level, there was a single man that had locked himself inside his cabin. He would be relieved to see that Rangers had come to his aid. Unlocking the door, it retracted when commanded to, water rushing into the room from the hallway. "Champion Devlin. I'm here to save you." He clicked open a Poké Ball containing Kairi, his Vaporeon, who pointed toward her saddle with her tail. Without hesitation, the man clung to the saddle, and the two were off toward the surface. That was one life saved, with presumably many more to go!

46. Dive to rescue certain individuals left underwater.

{PC: 3}

Kairi         Vaporeon       Good

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 18:35:13 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"no worries, i got this. i'll be alright here. silv out."

but does he really have this down pat? he couldn't say with any hint of certainty, but he needed a way of assuring his partner that he would have the situation under control in the lower depths. somehow. besides, the two rangers would be able to cover more ground via the 'divide and conquer' method, or so the paldean had been led to believe.

deeper in the lower compartments, two workers are found to be on the verge of completely submerging into the unforgiving waters that plagued their facility. rescuing them will require silv to expose to those continually rising tides as well. so be it. he steps into the waters, along with his frog and bug warriors.

"we're here to help you, but we're gonna need you to stay calm, okay!?" as if it were waiting for a cue, broken sheetrock that had been dangling from the walls and ceiling goes crashing into the deep blue, frightening the two victims. at that moment, golisopod swarms forward and uses its muscle to hold the said material away.

swiftly, silverio and his frogadier dive into to recover the victims. and yet, the waters continue to rise to a point of potentially no return. with what little air remained on the surface, he rings up the comms - thank arceus they're waterproof.

"josh, it's silv! i've managed to locate and secure two people down here, and we're on our way back up to-huh!?" at the moment, sounds of rubble crashing down can be heard...

objective #40: use a pokemon to stabilize collapsing structures temporarily

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 1:35:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Not long after Kairi had ferried the distressed man to safety, Josh got a radio message from . The crashing noise was concerning, to say the least. "What wing and floor are you on? I'll be there as quickly as I can!" Provided he was able to promptly get the report from his coworker, Josh and his Palafin would arrive in record time, the water-type's swiftness of response impressive. All of that racing experience sure was coming in handy!

Several of the cabins near the rear had completely collapsed, their windows broken out. The Champion had a sinking feeling that he couldn't save everyone. Despite his systematic searching, he could not locate . "Are you holding up okay? I'm trying to find you still!" he called out over comms, hoping he would get a quick response. Silverio better not have been inside one of those debris-filled cabins...!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 21:00:49 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

fear and panic strikes the nerves of the two employees whom the paldean-born ranger has just secured, and with good reason. the place is falling fast, and with every second passing, the waters rise a tad further up. what does this mean for silverio and the two workers whom until moments ago were trapped in its depths? only that time is not working in their favor. if either of the two victims had once failed to swim previously, well, let's just say that would be no time to offer them a lesson or two.

a voice...

just as all hope looked grim, josh calls. a free hand of silverio's digs for his communicator, and holds it as close to his lips as possible whilst he retains one of the afflicted workers in under his arm, his bulky bug warrior fastening the other within its own hard-scaled limbs. "second level...west wing...!" is all he could muster before the rising tide finds solace in his mouth, but silv quickly refutes it.

"there's a row of cabins down here...and...they don't look to be...in good shape...!" he can only hope that this would be enough of a hint for josh to go on. for now, he paddles forth with his pokémon, the two worrisome folks in tow.

objectives complete
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 19:55:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Be there as soon as I can!" Josh replied, wheeling Ecco around to get to the mostly-flooded second level. The Palafin began charging at weakened wooden doors, Silverio likely able to hear the impacts. The loudest would be the one surrounding his cabin. Once he confirmed they were there, Josh and the Palafin took a few seconds to refresh their air supply. Keiga and Kairi waited outside before paddling to the couple's aid one at a time. He urgently waved them out of the almost completely flooded floor to higher ground, though the Kingdra and Vaporeon made sure not to swim uncomfortably fast.

By the time they had left, the floor above them was also beginning to leak water. It seemed the entire ship would be submerged before long. "Do you think they can handle a ride back to Dewford?" Josh asked Silverio, the cadet being more familiar with the victims' condition. "Otherwise I'll have to call for a team to airlift them out!"

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
275 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2024 19:40:07 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

with every second passing, signs of life gradually fade, daylight diminishing. but soon enough, crashing sounds ring in the paldean's ears. cracking, splashing. and with the weight of two people whom may appear to be critically ailing after suffering within the depths of this aquatic abyss for arceus-knows-how-long badgering at his conscience, silv continues to paddle along despite things looking grim for him and the victims.

lo and behold, however, josh and his pokécrew arrive on the scene - and not a moment too soon. with their help, evacuation procedures prove to be somewhat more fluid. had they not been quick enough, chances were that they will have undoubtedly gone down with the ship. quite literally.

to josh's inquiry, silv quickly examines the two afflicted folks, both baring several scrapes and bruises, short on breath all the while. any internal injuries are yet to be determined. shaking his head, he turns to his partner. "they don't look good enough to move on their own right now, that's for sure. looks like we're gonna need that lift after all."

in the midst of commencing a call for an evacuation squad, silv can't help but wonder...what might have happened had he done anything different to address this situation...

"thanks by the way..." for he may have been swimming with the fishes himself had there not been aid coming to him...

objectives complete

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 4:57:01 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven