March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
[WOPS] Shalin and Lutgarde #4
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 23:09:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As if a chemical spill wasn't enough to keep Hoenn's Rangers occupied, another disturbing report had made its way to Shalin's desk from Dewford. Their Captain had been so overwhelmed by the spike in needs at Sea Mauville that they had requested extra Rangers from Petalburg. Shalin had been put in charge of quite the difficult operations: retrieving hazardous materials from a military vessel that had been slated to launch in time for the war, but had been sabotaged and sunken by Team Rocket. Within were many hazardous materials that needed to be recovered for proper disposal.

"Lut, I'm so glad that they put us on this one," Shalin sighed from the back of her Silvally, Lathiel. Having loaded data from a WATER MEMORY, the quadruped's swimming was just as adept as a Feraligatr's. "I'm tired of fighting already, and the war hasn't even really kicked into high gear yet." Floating next to her was a Seismitoad, her saddle anchored on the four big bumps on her back. Sitting on that had to be quite the massage...!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Bass Boost    Seismitoad     Good
Lathiel       Silvally       Good

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2024 10:16:00 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde smiles wearily at Shalin's words, but tries to channel some positive engery nonetheless. "Yeah, it's ...," they sigh. "The call for war is quite the ugly one," they agree, but have no idea what to add on further to this. It's fight or be fought, and no matter how weary the soul might be, they still need to fulfill the task.

"Alright, shall we do our best here then today? Before it spills further ... I can isolate some of the hazard with Noh, I think," they say, patting the Primarina on which they are seated. Noh agrees with a singsong, making one small bubble in the air just to demonstrate. "However, do you know where we should put the materials?" Containing them is one thing, but Lutgarde doesn't believe they've been given a place to put the waste ... or they simply hadn't noticed it.

35. Use a pokemon to contain and neutralize hazardous materials.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 2:36:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had that part of the plan taken care of, too. "This is where it's going to get a bit complicated. Anything that's leaked, we're not supposed to handle. A dedicated hazmat team is going to take care of those. We're responsible for bring up the ones that are securely stored and haven't leaked. We're just getting them out of the other team's way." The Captain pointed to a small shipping container on a nearby island's shore. "We'll be packing them in there for transportation to a disposal site. We're just taking care of the first leg of the trip."

It was one of the limitations of Shalin's Sygna Suit. While she was protected from the elements and could perform her physics-defying antics on the water's surface, neither of her Sygna Pokémon could swim. In truly aquatic environments, it afforded her little protection. "Remember, if you see any containers that look damaged, don't grab them. Watch your readings, and if you notice a spike in radiation, turn around right away. We're not equipped to handle that."

Once their mission was clear, Shalin and her Silvally dove beneath the waves, making a straight line for the sunken vessel. Bringing these things up was going to be such a headache...

36. Organize and manage logistics of the operation.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 5:30:56 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde listens carefully to Shalin's words, nodding along as they recreate the plan in their mind as well in brief task descriptions to follow along. "Alright, let's do it!" they say, trying to be a bit cheerful even as the world is literally caving in around them. The progress is steady, but slow, and they'd have to match it. Any mistake might mean an even worse situation.

Noh looks ready for the task as well and nods at Lutgarde as they dive deeper to retrieve the canisters in question, before they notice something. Above water again, they say, "I'll check the area again, I think there's some blind spots ..." Their familiarity with interior design and architecture lead them to believe that there might be a wall that actually is more of a corner ...

And it seems like they aren't wrong. A sudden increase in bubbles in the form of a Bubble Beam is surely enough to draw Shalin's attention even underwater.

41. Secure corners and blind spots to ensure the area is safe to act in.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2024 5:05:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Seeing how much their environment was being held up by a miracle made Shalin regret bringing Bass Boost. She had expected to be dislodging debris with a burst of the Seismitoad's vibrations. Doing so without the utmost precision, though, would risk collapsing the entire vessel, rupturing containers filled with heavy metals, and setting off a reaction that could cause irreparable environmental damage.

As a conservationist, the Petalburg Captain could not have that.

Shalin's eyes shifted in the direction of the BUBBLE BEAM, Lathiel swimming around it to see that there was indeed a false corner. Peering around it, she saw a door with a dent in it. Grabbing its handle and twisting it, Shalin let it open. Inside the closet-like space were several containers marked with the symbol for heavy metals. She carefully examined them before clicking open the Poké Ball containing Snapper, her muscular Feraligatr. Pointing to the containers, the water-type knew what to do.

Invoking his SUPERPOWER to lift the entire batch at once, he loaded two smaller ones onto Bass Boost and carried two more himself. Shalin waved the Pokémon away, her partners bringing the containers to the water's surface.

28. Recover essential resources or items.

{PC: 3}

Snapper       Feraligatr     Good

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 11:50:25 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
The corner actually holds more hazardous material - and it's really good that they haven't missed that one. "Sometimes, architects really choose the most strangest constructions," Lutgarde murmurs as they and Shalin surface at the same time for a moment, before it would be time to dive down again and carry up more of the hazardous materials.

Close to the end, however, as the last containers are brought up, Lutgarde notices trouble with the place they've picked. "Oh, that's bad - Noh, use Sing for now!" they call, and their Primarina swiftly follows.

The pile of crates with material has been found by some wild pokémon, who poked at the containers with curiosity - and now all steadily fall asleep to Noh's beautiful voice. "Oh damn, I think I'm falling asleep too ..." they yawn.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 6:08:06 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though the Primarina's voice was effective at incapacitating the wild Pokémon jeopardizing the duo's operation, its song was indiscriminate, making drowsy everyone within earshot. Ally or enemy. Shalin, too, yawned. "Bass Boost!" she called out to her Seismitoad with a wide-open mouth. "Keep us both awake, will ya?"

With a bellow-like ribbit, the ground-type began to vibrate all the bumps on his back while standing between and both. While Bass Boost didn't make contact with them, the disturbed air would. At a short distance, it would cause no harm, but it would make it difficult for either of them to nod off. "Let's secure these, get back to Dewford, and take a nap."

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2024 11:37:20 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Noh seems to be rather embarrassed about also affecting their allies with his song, but Lutgarde pats him reassuringly and maybe a bit sleepily, too. "We'll ... figure that out, no ... worries."

Bass Boost is definitely helping, however, with keeping the sleepy octaves and melodies away, and soon enough, Noh also would stop singing. "Okay, that's this done," Lutgarde remarks after a hearty yawn and slapping themself awake. "We should definitely. Hope there's a lil space in the schedule for that ..."

However, first things first. "What should we do with the pokémon? Leave them here or relocate? They should still be asleep by the time we finish up getting all the hazardous material elsewhere."

06. Use non-lethal methods to calm or capture rogue pokemon.
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 7:15:33 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
had a valid concern; Bruxiah were an invasive species, and the water-types wouldn't stay asleep forever. "Unfortunately, we're not equipped to deal with this many," Shalin lamented aloud, a frown starting to form on her usually happy face. "I'll get ahold of Dewford and Petalburg dispatch to cobble together a team better equipped to handle the school."

The Captain yawned again; maybe Noh's song had made her sleepier than she'd thought. "There has to be time for rest," Shalin reiterated. "If you're too tired to function, you're pretty useless in the field. Let's rest up so we're ready for the next assignment." With a nod, her Silvally swam back toward Dewford.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 6:16:39 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde nods at Shalin's words - there truly were too many for them to deal with immediately. At least, Noh's song should keep them incapacitated for a while longer ... provided that nothing else happened, of course. But as their mind slows down with drowsiness, they can't really figure out a solution for this either. "Yes, let's head back for now ... get a nap in ..."

The Primarina looks really embarrassed, but Lutgarde continuously pats him reassuringly. "Think we'll be fresh and ready once we napped a little bit! As you said, rest is important," they say, talking with Shalin but also maybe more to Noh so he wouldn't feel so bad. At least, if it also affects them, it should affect the Bruxiah even more!

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 23:28:14 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven