6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
by land or by sea | m
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 20:08:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That was a little more than a small fall; Braver was huge. So big that the Arcanine had to crouch for Josh to climb onto him. And yet, she seemed to take it with stride. What a tough girl! The scientific analogy caught Josh off guard; he had never heard of a beginning rider's experience quite that way, but understood the gist of it. "The world needs more quick learners like you. With instincts and intuition like yours, there's nothing you won't be able to do if you put your mind and body to it."

Braver took off as fast as a trot could carry him without going into the long and powerful strides his species was known for. As much as the cocoon functioned like training wheels on a bicycle, it was both a great tool for beginners and an important safety mechanism for experienced riders looking to push the giant dog's speed to his limits. "Isn't it rewarding? Once you get a Pokémon of your own, you'll have the freedom to travel wherever you want, when you want."

With the lesson over, Josh guided Absinthe to the Gym's rear entrance. "There was one more thing I was going to go over with you. If you hold the reins then flick your wrists to send a pulse down them, the Pokémon will jump. But I'll leave that for you to practice. You're welcome to come down here in between Gym challenges if you want!"

{PC: 7}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present somewhere on the Racing Grounds.
close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
by land or by sea | m
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 21:42:19 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

absinthe is no stranger to the thrill of speed, no matter how apathetic she has grown to be nowadays. she used to run in school, and she used to run a lot. sometimes, it felt like the only way to quell her oft full mind. in a way, the racing feels similar. though hidden, absinthe's lips curve into a smile, one that reaches her eyes. for the first time in a long while, she doesn't feel like lying down and never rising.[break][break]

"you flatter me," absinthe returns. "i was only following instructions."[break][break]

and so the two of them draw back towards the gym's entrance, the lesson over. by now, absinthe has, at the very least, a good grasp on the basics, just enough to pass it on and coordinate her supply chains and dealers. an invaluable tool, really. how tragic that the man, who may as well be a representative of the league itself, had just taught the enemy how to avoid the authorities. alas, absinthe does not feel shame at fooling him. she has not felt shame in a while.[break][break]

"it is freeing," the chemist admits as they reach the doors. "i feel far more confident now. thank you for your help. i'll be certain to practice. maybe one day i'll come back."[break][break]

the operative word is maybe, of course. absinthe is unsure the next time she will be forced to leave her lab.[break][break]

turning and walking, absinthe waves to josh from over her shoulder. "see you around."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
by land or by sea | m
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 4:47:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven