lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
linguist, story collector
civilian
listening
to the world's heartbeat.
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 16:38:06 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","morrighancahill"]
[attr="class","body"]

There is something so ... comforting about Littleroot Town, she supposes. A quaint little world within the world, almost a capsule in time and space. Or perhaps, that is just her own outside world on things, with how Morrighan initially just hoped to stay for a day, but decided to reside for longer. A few of the town's children have been enjoying her stories, after all, and are all too keen to share the monsters under their beds - their closets - their cupboards with her. Bidding farewell to a young girl, no older than five, probably, she closes her notebook with satisfaction. "Nothing out of the ordinary, but ... it's been enjoyable. Interesting stories to note, for sure," she hums as she walks away from the house, looking at the Chatot that has made it her habit to fly above her before she offers a hand for him to land on.[break]
[break]
"Very well, let us continue our journey- ... hm?" She looks around, furrowing her eyebrows. "Where is my fountain pen?" Sighing, she goes back a few steps, releasing the bird back into the air, as she approaches a stranger. "Excuse me, have you - by chance - seen a fountain pen around here? It's dark blue - black, with silver accents."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".morrighancahill"]--accent:#56658F;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 23:02:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The children in Littleroot's park would be in awe of the sounds of clopping hooves, fully captivated by a Spectrier and Glastrier passing through the sleepy town. Astride the ghost-type was a black-haired young man recognizable just about anywhere. He was one of Hoenn's Gym Leaders and Champions, and the only one known for keeping so many saddled Pokémon.

As Josh slowed Eriette to a stop upon being questioned, one of Hylda's hooves kicked the fountain pen into the air, making it clearly visible. "It wouldn't be that one, would it?" he pointed to the twirling object, landing in the middle of the road rather than half-buried in grass.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Eriette       Spectrier      Good
Hylda         Glastrier      Good
Swift         Raikou         Good
Aleph         Type: Null     Good

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 17:17:19 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Perhaps, it's the unusual sight of those two Pokémon that caught Morrighan's attention in the first place, careful glances examining what she has in front of her now as she poses her question, waiting for an answer. The Chatot is quick to fly and pick up the precious piece before it fully hits the ground, retrieving it to her trainer's side as she watches with curiosity. Morrighan takes the pen with a small "thank you, dear" towards the bird before her attention steers back towards this trainer. He seems ... well-known, and she should probably be able to place a name to his face soon enough.[break]
[break]
But, before even that, she gives a curt nod, "that is certainly the one - thank you very much, it must have fled my eyes. It would have been most unfortunate to lose it, though it definitely saw better days." She is musing, looking briefly at the fountain pen in her hand that has proofs of scratches and the like. Still, it functions just fine with the proper maintenance and she wouldn't want to part with it just now. "Are you here often?" she poses then another question, though this time, more about him.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".morrighancahill b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 0:53:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Another scratch may have been added to that pen today from Eriette's hoof. Perhaps it gave the pen that much more character. "Not as much as I used to," Josh replied. "Only when my Ranger work takes me out here anymore." Much of his Ranger work was predicated around the Mauville area. It was one of the most biodiverse counties in all of Hoenn; within a couple hours' ride, one could find beach, plains, rainforest, mountains, canyons, and desert.

His eyes briefly shifted toward Littleroot Gym nefore turning back toward . "Gym Leader Devlin or Champion Devlin, but please, you can call me Josh," he introduced himself, twirling the Spectrier's ghostly mane. "And these two are Eriette and Hylda." The Glastrier's mist may have been refreshing amidst the summer heat, floating all around the ice-type except directly above her saddle.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 19:05:09 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

So, this one is a ranger? And not quite just any ranger, as it seems, further into the coincidental talk. Intrigue shows on Morrighan's face, the customary smile growing into something a little more interested than usual. "Mh ... I see, it's a quiet place to retreat to, in my opinion," she hums. Just a peaceful spot on earth, perfect to have a lengthier talk about everything and nothing, no?[break]
[break]
So ... Josh? Josh Devlin? Now the name rings a bell for certain, having heard of his name in some way or another, though she must have missed the very interesting detail of his two Pokémon by his side right now. Hopefully she would have a chance to inquire ... "Morrighan Cahill, a ... story collector, if you may," she introduces herself with what she deems most important, implying a small curtsy before nodding towards the Chatot. "And this is my trusted companion, Calendula. Dried Calendulas also make quite the formidable tea, if you would like to join for a cup?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 3:47:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Josh wasn't exactly fond of drinking tea, for he felt its flavor and texture were too watery, it would be rude to refuse the traveler's offer. "Sure thing. I'd be willing to give it a try!" A story collector was an interesting title, reminding him of both and . It was unfortunate that he had his falling out with Fortree's ex-Gym Leader. They would have gotten along well.

"A story collector... that's an interesting title," Josh mused, Eriette snorting away from Morrighan. He slid down from the obedient Spectrier's back, taking a seat at a nearby, well-worn picnic table. So well-worn that he had to be careful how he rubbed it, or he would get a sliver. "Do you know much about the Lorekeepers?" he asked. "They sound a lot like your story collectors."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 16:48:07 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Fortunately, the other seems kind enough to indulge her sudden request - it is only pitiful that she is on travels all the time since years now, with no quiet place to settle. It makes such tea parties more a thing of chance and improvisation, without their proper protocol and etiquette. But well, she has to make-do with the life she chose, over the one that she couldn't envision for herself, simple as that. "Very well - I'm honoured," she replies with a curt nod, following the other towards the nearby picnic table that surely is host of stories itself. Perhaps she should ask one of the children what kind of adventures they had while sitting here.[break]
[break]
Carefully ensuring that her clothes wouldn't suffer from the roughed-up surface, she only hums in reply to his words. It's a self-chosen thing, really, though it's true enough - she isn't a 'writer', much less an 'author', after all. Perhaps, if the medieval terms of 'poet' would still apply, she might be one of them. But in such terms today? Not quite so. "I've been enjoying the work that comes with it, quite so," Morrighan remarks towards the other with a smile, allowing her notebook to rest on top as she brings forth a thermos flask and two enamel mugs - simple, yet somewhat carrying a sense of elegance, and soon, the pre-brewed tea's fragrance would gently linger in the air. "I'm afraid I have not heard of the lorekeepers before - what does their story entail?" she prods as she places a cup of tea in front of Josh. "It is a slightly bitter brew, but a soothing one."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 20:57:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Before telling his tale of the Lorekeepers, and what he had learned from them, Josh gave the tea a sip. Not expecting it to be as bitter as it was, he squinted, bringing the liquid to the back of his tongue. While he didn't choke on it, it was easy to tell it was not a taste that was for him. "Sorry -- it's a bit too bitter for me," he replied, sliding the cup back. Once he was comfortable at the table, he clicked open a third Poké Ball, from it emerging a Type: Null that sized up the two Galarian legendary horses.

"The Lorekeepers are those who pass down stories of legendary Pokémon from generation to generation," Josh explained. "The one I know best is former Fortree Gym Leader Alex. He's intimately familiar with two of my favorite Pokémon legends in the world: the Unovan pantheon, and the Johtonian pantheon. The latter in particular is very special to me." A sly smile grew on his face as the scintillating RAINBOW FEATHER reflected prismatic sunlight...

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2024 12:10:31 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Perhaps a little to be expected, the tea made from dried calendula flowers isn't quite to the other's taste, something that she notes with a smile as he comments on it. "Fair enough - perhaps I should find a different blend that'll suit your tastes better, unless - of course - you are not inclined to tea to begin with?" Which would also be a fair statement - Morrighan doesn't quite intend to change anyone's opinion on tea per se, but it worked as a good-enough excuse to sit down and see what Josh has to tell about the various stories and tales of the world that she might not be familiar with just yet. And as it turns out, the other has even more Pokémon to show that aren't quite a common sight. "By any chance, do you like to ride?" she wonders out loud.[break]
[break]
Nodding as he explains the lorekeepers, it does feel like a similar venture, although her own focus isn't necessarily on the legendary Pokémon themselves, exclusively. There is much more to be told in the whispers of the world, after all, gnarly tales and wondrous keepsakes, but she can't deny the fascination that divine mythology has. "I see ... they sound like quite interesting people. Certainly worth a talk ..." Maybe she can see when she finds the time to find one of those, or maybe she'll run into one by mere happenstance, just like now. Tilting her head, she looks at the other - and his possession - with curiosity as he mentions a particular inclination towards Johtonian mythology. "Oh? Why is that?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Mystication.
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 7:59:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh frowned as Morrighan seemed to sniff out the reality of Josh's drinking preferences. "You figured it out, didn't you? I'm not much of a tea drinker in general." She was a smart fellow, picking up on what made Josh the person he was in the region. "You're quite perceptive! I'm arguably Hoenn's most talented Pokémon rider," he tooted his own horn. "I'm the Leader of Mauville City Gym. When stepped down, I turned the military base into a Pokémon riding and racing academy." Perhaps she hadn't been in the region for long? Josh was quite the celebrity, being the only Champion that wasn't also a member of the League's upper echelons.

Come to think of it, he hadn't heard from either of them recently, had he? After all, Fortree Sanctuary was 's life. With it being stripped of public funding, he didn't imagine it lasting much longer in its current form. "You see, I'm not originally from Hoenn. I'm from Johto. And since I've been a child, I've admired the three Pokémon that the Great One, Ho-oh, resurrected from the dead after they passed in the tragedy of the Brass Tower's collapse."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
Mystication.
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 13:35:11 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

To the confirmation of what she has been pondering on, she gives the other a keen-eyed smile, taking a sip of her own brew before speaking, "now, then I should be thankful you were willing to try out my blend in the first place." Her words are sincere, even as there is a layer of a different kind of motive, too - in the end, the tea only served its mean to further a talk without making it too awkward, as she would have hoped. Even as the cold in his cup would now run cold, that's a small price to pay for an interesting story in exchange.[break]
[break]
"I see ... you must be a notable name across Hoenn, then? I must pardon my lack of knowledge, as I only arrived in this region an insignificant while ago," Morrighan notes in turn to his words. There are quite many interesting points to pick up, though she couldn't possibly start to flood him with a barrage of questions she isn't Vespa, but ... still. "Mind if I take notes as we speak?" she asks before proceeding with anything. She knows that some grow uncomfortable with the notion of being recorded, though perhaps, that's a different thing altogether for someone as him.[break]
[break]
Before she inquires anything about his present, though, the past holds some more interesting stories for her - the legend of ... ah. "I've heard of it when I passed through Ecruteak City - a most wonderful city, for sure, with its heavy history. Could I possibly ask you to - well - reiterate the legend as you know it? I'd be curious to fill gaps in my own knowledge and such," she muses.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Mystication.
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 23:15:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh didn't respond to Morrighan's remarks about the tea; he had learned long ago that when he had nothing nice to say, those remarks were better off unspoken. His smile returned as the writer seemed to shower him in compliments. "I am. I'm one of seven Champion-Ranked trainers in Hoenn, and can back up my title as Gym Leader: the Master of Faster." The Galarian horses near him were evidence of it; even the ice-type, one not known for speed, could gallop at quite the clip. "Go ahead! I've got nothing to hide."

Once Morrighan was ready, Josh plucked the RAINBOW FEATHER from his vest, SACRED ASH floating from its quill toward the ground. "About a hundred and fifty years in the past, two ideologically opposed legendary bird Pokémon roosted upon the Brass Tower and the Tin Tower. Their names are Lugia, the Beast of the Sea, and Ho-oh, the Great One. A gigantic storm descended upon Ecruteak, chasing both birds away. Lightning struck the Brass Tower, sparking a fire that raged for three days. It was only a torrential downpour that had reduced the tower to rubble."

Josh would stop to let Morrighan catch up with any notes she was taking, the feather scintillating in the park's natural light.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
Mystication.
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 7:48:34 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She can't help the chuckle that escapes as he introduces his long list of title, a truly renown man that she didn't happen to know, and the honorary one of 'Master of Faster'. "I like the rhyme, I should see if I can witness it for myself," she remarks with amusement, nodding only as he gives her permission to note things down. Laying down the notebook on the table and getting her newly-rescued fountain pen ready, she begins a page whose first line reads, Josh Devlin.[break]
[break]
Looking at the Rainbow Feather with piqued curiosity, she is quick to draw a sketch of it, noting the slithers of Sacred Ash that are now lingering in the air and on the table. For now, she is quiet, only nodding and making affirming sounds every once in a while in a nudge for Josh to continue as she writes small notes. Later, she would possibly write it out in prose from her notes and her memory, so she tries to take in as much as possible right now, underlining everything she deems particularly important, too. She already makes quick notes on what she wants to crossreference later with what book she already knows - a habit she picked up from an old professor of hers, and one she thought worth keeping. "I heard that Lugia is - in some way or another - connected to storms, do you think there is any correlation between the downpour and Lugia?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Mystication.
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 17:12:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The rhyme was part of his title's charm, and only made him easier to be well-known in the region. "The downpour, according to the legend as I know it, is connected to a different Pokémon that descended upon Ecruteak that day. Once the rain stopped, the Great One shined a rainbow deep into the Brass Tower's now-exposed basement, bringing life to three Pokémon that had perished in the tower. Those Pokémon became the three I revere over any other: the Great One's children. Their names are Suicune, Entei, and Raikou." At the name being mentioned, the RAINBOW FEATHER's glow became slightly more intense, Morrighan perhaps able to notice a few sparks descending from it.

When he was done gushing about his three favorite Pokémon, Josh returned to the story about Lugia. "After that, according to the legend as I know it, Lugia fled Ecruteak, never to return. It's been speculated that her nesting grounds were deep within an island chain between Olivine and Cianwood, but no one knows. Unfortunately, since then, she's fallen from grace. She is now under command of internationally-wanted terrorist ... and her power has only grown after joining him. The two are... almost invincible."

Almost invincible. Swift had no hope of defeating Cil and Lugia in his current state. One day, when Swift reached the peak of his power as he did under , that hope would exist. And it would be a lightning bolt the League would remember and cherish.

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
Mystication.
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 8:52:45 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

With interest, Morrighan is writing notes down as the conversation goes - there are tidbits she heard of before, and others that she would love to learn more about once the 'main story' of sorts concluded. It does seem like whatever there may be, the champion in front of her has a special place in his heart for a certain Legendary, or Legendary Trio. "I see ... so the downpour is moreso connected with those three ... fascinating," she mutters more to herself as ink flies over the page. Years of doing this has made her quite proficient in keeping eye contact while writing things down, occasionally, looking down to ensure if her writing still checks out. She definitely has to seek out a larger library once she's out of Littleroot Town, feeling a desire to crossreference - find the divergences, and the similarities to other iterations that circulate.[break]
[break]
She raises an eyebrow of the story of Lugia being told, and the current circumstances that seem to prevail in this very present day. Dire straits indeed ... though therein does not necessarily lay her personal interest, although it does make her wonder whether or not she would ever be in immediate danger of such a force. "Mh ... and Lugia has not been sighted before? In all those years?" Morrighan wants to make sure she got it correct as she pens a question mark into her notebook. Definitely something to investigate further, if she's able - perhaps, if she dares.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven