awards
1,653 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
baby are you down
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 2:39:47 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

had been busy prepping for the war front. As council duties called, she'd left the department in his care, and HBIC in 's. But there's still a matter he's been meaning to push: PROJECT SAPPHIRE. His councilwoman is not immune to the efforts he's been pushing, reaching out to others to help assist, pooling resources to make an attempt to support their citizens, and most importantly, a mass diversion of man power into studying the intricacies of their avatars. They needed as much data as possible if they were to protect their avatars, as well as keep their strategic edge against Rocket.

' words ring in his ears. He'd agreed ( sort of ) to be better. He hoped he was. He hoped he followed Dahlia's instruction to the letter, and stopped letting his dick dictate his actions. Hopefully the monitoring with SAPPHIRE would help negate Groudon's influence, especially with Matias' new found will power. But they could never be too careful.

And moreover...he had been the one to bring Penelope by name. Not his first time. He didn't particular understand their combined grudge. Penny wouldn't discuss it, and Matias was finnicky in what he said and when he said it. The man only spoke when the mood struck him , and Paxton wasn't always lucky to catch him in it.

He'd made a point to bring up Penny as well as and , other avatars in their ranks. Penny what him worried the most. It felt like even before the council began to cloister itself away, she'd been distant with him. Not purposefully, not that he thought it was. Busy. She was entrusting him with more and more work, her scheduling relegated to their secretary as Paxton tried to keep up with dozens of stacks of reports with her notes, her instruction. He spoke for her, moved in her interest, and walled away those that might pull her away from more important matter.

But even so, their communications had trickled to a slowing stop. He'd receive a couple of emails form her with a list of tasks, meetings, and arbitrations on his questions but never quite catch her in her office. It made him worried for the state of the region.

On his way to visit the scientist's he catches sight of burning red hair, and a stiff, confident posture. "Councilwoman !" he greeted, though it's more of a blurted out yell. He immediately changed course, shoving papers under his arm and pulling out a notebook. "It's rare to see you these days. Have you read over my analysis. I rewrote it tailored to your previous notes, but haven't received it and unfortunately, they're pushing for COB today." he said as he easily fell in step with her. He doesn't miss a beat, knowing his time is most likely limited. She's walking fast, heels clacking like thunder in the empty hallway.

"PROJECT SAPPHIRE- have you met with Dr. Morales and Proff. Reyes yet?" he added.

ooc: | pre war, right before state of the region.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,898 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
baby are you down
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 16:05:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","fas fa-fire"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

For most people, time was an extension of interest. Schedules can be rearranged, meetings canceled - as long as there is a living, thriving will to do so, there is little reason why someone couldn't make time for another. Penelope was another subject of that study. Work, in many cases, was just another excuse readied for wielding, definite through the veil of importance her role regaled.
[break][break]

Paxton was an exception to this rule, however.
[break][break]

It wasn't lack of interest that burdened their relationship. She would choose him over a sea of people, preference exemplified in their unique relationship alone. But FEAR became a wedge. A solid cut of metal to slice between their time. Paxton not only heralded the confrontation of her actions, but the realization of their implication; of the slow approaching ridge that'll soon split between them.
[break][break]

"Concordas," her tight smile hardly encouraged conversation. It was the same she would have given to any surprise that annoyed her. "Received and read. should already be at your office with my approval. Thank you for getting that done."
[break][break]

What a headache that was to get done. The more she asked of her Secretary and , the more apparent things became to those around her.
[break][break]

Her heels clacked around the corner, pressing past a row of offices.
[break][break]

"I haven't. Probably won't be able to until after Sootopolis."
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".angel"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,653 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
baby are you down
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 1:34:16 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

He nodded as he kept in step with the woman. As she briskly moved to her next appointment, Paxton easily took minutes off his free time between his own meetings to trail after her. Not an uncommon sight in HQ, however. How many times had they moved through the halls of the League Head Quarters together, revising and speaking in hurried, hushed tones until their next meetings. Collaborating and reviewing with each other. Paxton, more often than not, enacting Penelope's will where the good councilwoman could not appear.

That hyper efficiency had bloomed over wit the tasks to his plate ever increasing. But he held fast, ready to perform for his councilwoman. Her answer isn't favorable. In fact, his eyebrows come together with slight concern. "Ma'am, I believe it's better if you go before Sootopolis. The stresses of that conflict may worsen anything there is to worsen. If anything at all." But better safe than sorry right?

ooc: | pre war, right before state of the region.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,898 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
baby are you down
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 23:09:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","fas fa-fire"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

They rounded another corner.
[break][break]
"You've seen my schedule,"
[break][break]
She had made it a point to ensure that he could. From eight to beyond five, the calendar was infilitrated by a deluge of wide blue blocks denoting her status of "busy". All courtesy of @daphnne, and her ability to fit even the most trivial meetings possible. As per instruction.
[break][break]
"If there was time, I would. But as of right now, I value the certainty of Sootopolis over a possibility."
[break][break]
A breath paced her words.
[break][break]
"What of the others they've examined? Has there been a cause of concern there?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".angel"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,653 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
baby are you down
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 22:48:46 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

"I have, and I've seen plenty of meetings I could stand in for you as your deputy." He'd done it before no less. That's what he wazs there for after all, to shoulder the weight of everything she couldn't carry by herself. While helped her shoulder other pains, Paxton's effect is more literal, practical. He carves out space for her, allows her to breath, ligthens the load that came with being a Councilwoman in war time. She'd asked for him perosnally years ago, he knew she valued his work, beleived in it.

It's with this relationship and rapport, the familiarity of a person who gets the job done for their superior when needed, that he stresses the point once again. Least he went to personally and reorganized the schedule himself.

"The possibility of a legendary's volatility is calculated based on the initial analysis of the patron." he stated. Nothing was certain for SAPPHIRE. But certain patrons were far more unwilling to work with them than others. Gods, am i right? "It's a combination of things and we only have to go by." he said. He can't be exact. He can't promise it's true. But it's enough to be a cause for concern.And isn't Matias' PAST meltdown enough of a reason to be wary? 

"Matias is recovering well, and is under watch more often than most due to the PRIMEVAL incident." PRIMEVAL had been the final push for PROJECT SAPPHIRE in the eyes of the higher League echelons. He just wished its creator would give it time of day.

ooc: | pre war, right before state of the region. | 6th anni prompt - past 

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven