August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 6:07:26 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

The pitter patter of droplets in this square room; one couldn’t tell whether it was blood or water. The smell of smoke in the air permeated even this deep in; the occasional rattling of chains, and the movement of a rocky fortress. If one had the misfortune of being inside of this room, perhaps they would be able to tell it was moving.
[break][break]
There were two with the misfortune of sitting in this room.
[break][break]
One of them looked at the other with his golden eyes, curiosity danced within them but there was none of the mirth his comrades so closely associated with them.
[break][break]
”Why am I alive?”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

I'd like to say syke, but most people didn't even blink yet.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 6:21:31 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
A flame blinked to life within the makeshift prison cell. even as light flickered in from between the cracks in the ceiling.

Flicker. A cigarette was lit. A second followed, and was slid between Kouji's lips. The rush of nicotine and smoke graced the air, filtering through the Ultra Beast's individual parts. Above, the thudding of Regirock caused the structure to groan. Even now, it was a graceless machine, more of a cudgel than a scalpel.

"You thought I'd kill you?" Howard's eyebrow raised at the younger man. Even though his face and body had changed, his mannerisms remained the same. "For sticking to your guns? Please."

A deep sigh.

"The better question is 'how'. Go ahead, ask how." The admin seemed wearily eager. "Go on."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 6:25:12 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

A part of him wanted to deny the man even a question, giving him anything felt like a loss but he wanted to know. ”Alright, I’ll bite.” A half smirk on his face, it was fairly empty, only meant to ba mirror to the expression across from him.
[break][break]
To wary soldiers, at the end of a long battle. One might have thought they were from different sides, but here they were representing the same team. Yet, Kouji had lost to the man across from him only…However long before. He couldn’t remember, it could have been hours, or days, there was not a single part of him that didn’t hurt.
[break][break]
”How?”

@tag
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 6:34:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm glad you asked!"

For a moment, a flicker of the grunt who had complained about Kouji's blending habits in the breakroom emerged. His eye sparkled slightly. He pointed up at the ceiling above with his cigarette, the faint flame lighting the way above.

"Regirock slammed its fist into the floor, and as it did so, the platform opened up. Neat thing about Stakataka. They're awfully handy for construction and for tricks like this. They'll be useful as we rebuild the city."

His face sagged for a moment, realizing that the logistics for repairing Petalburg were going to be immense. His face quickly brightened.

"The slam of its fist masked your fall. Clever, isn't it?" Above, Regirock shifted earth and destroyed buildings and rebar, a bulldozer made from sentient stone. "But where were we?"

The admin had nearly forgotten.

"I am not a traitor."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 6:39:52 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

He had to admit, that was a smart trick. Kouji had passed out, given himself over to the next life, prepared himself for his one way trip to the Borders. But this time around, it seemed he would not be going. Depending on this conversation, that might well be a never again.
[break][break]
”Of course not. People kill their superior officers all the time, it’s like spilling coffee.” He really wondered what had led to that, but a part of him really didn’t care. He didn’t know Elisabeth well enough, he had one long mission with her and that was all. It was an enlightening conversation, a very open conversation. But it was a singular conversation, intent didn’t mean anything to him.
[break][break]
”I’m not the one you need to convince Howard.” In the privacy between them, he could use the man’s name. ”Or maybe you’re too busy trying to convince yourself?”

@tag
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 8:02:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Maybe I am." It's a surprising thing to admit, but there was nobody there to judge Howard or denounce him as a traitor besides the man clapped in irons. "I'll let history decide that for me."

His answer was weak, but there was little room for logic in the eleventh hour. Howard hadn't slept in days, and dealing with the ramifications of Elisabeth's death and Kouji's imprisonment were taking their toll on Rocket's newest admin. Convincing himself was hard. Deluding himself was easy.

"Wait." The admin frowned and scratched his chin. "I don't need to convince you? Then why'd you try to stop me? What was the point, Kouji? You knew you couldn't stop me. Yet you persisted anyway."

Kouji genuinely baffled Howard.

"Explain it to me."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 8:43:38 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”I don’t care if you’re a traitor or not, you killed Fiorelli.” That was really the most simple fact behind it. That was all Kouji had seen, he had been to engrossed in his fight with to notice anything else, the sand whipped around them, and there was little to see beyond a few feet.
[break][break]
But he had seen him kill her, the very last bit of that exchange.
[break][break]
”She was an underboss. She was a vital asset. Now she’s a splatter on a the ground.” He tried to move his arms to further emphasise his point, but there was only the rattling of chains.
[break][break]
”A splatter doesn’t help our war effort. If an Admin can kill an underboss, then we’re screwed. If a Grunt kills an Admin we’re screwed. The structure needs to stay, you kill me, and we’re all back to normal, you prove to ever-” He laughed at himself, like he really believed the words he was saying. Like the good little toy soldier he was supposed to be, having it all figured out.
[break][break]
”It’s all bullcrap. I didn’t like the way you did things, I need everyone to live and die for rocket. We need to be gears, all in. Nothing else, no wants, no dreams, no anything. You killing Fiorelli got in the way of that.”

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 20:03:57 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You don't understand."

Where did he even begin to explain it, when Howard himself didn't know where to start? 's dying words rang in his mind, and in the corner of there room, Tapu Lele flickered into existence like a mirage. He stared at it for a moment, before the guardian deity faded.

He was losing his mind.

"She attacked me first, and Regirock remembered her. She fought it, and I don't know when or where. But know this, Kouji." His eye flickered in the darkness, illuminated by the faint flame of the cigarette. "Something that protected this world for millennia decided that needed to die."

Silence fell like a blanket over the duo as the words sunk in.

"But you're right, of course. The chain of command must be respected. Even if Walsh and Monroe wanted me to catch Regirock, I still killed an underboss. I suspect I'll be punished. But order in Petalburg will remain."

"After all, I did just execute a grunt."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 0:42:54 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

The woman was a threat, at least that was how the guardians of the region saw it. It didn’t surprise him in the slightest, he saw a kindred spirit in her a long time ago. A tool that turned against the one who had wielded them.
[break][break]
”Really? You sure it wasn’t a mistake. It’s a big ol’ rock, it might just not like the most powerful threat in the area.” There was a crooked smile on his face, as if he didn’t really believe what he was saying. It wasn’t a matter of covering for her, but rather that if there was a threat to the world, he wanted to be able to grow to fruition.
[break][break]
”Not like it matters now. You’ll get your big punch on the head by the bosses, and we might be down even more. We can’t have that.” He said as he looked up at the ceiling before he paused.
[break][break]
”What is your damn dream anyway?”
[break][break]
Since he was a deadman now, asking wouldn’t hurt in the slightest.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 0:50:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Silence, then words.

"A peaceful world that never changes." He finally whispered, a confession of the deepest part of his heart. "One where we have proven our mettle and defeated every threat to our species. One where Eternatus is dead."

In an unchanging world, Howard could complete his recollection of history. If time did not move, there would be no need to weave new threads into humanity's great tapestry. He could instead dedicate his time to other pursuits.

It'd be relaxing. Peaceful. A world where his purpose had been fulfilled.

"So I can go back to practicing archaeology." The passion for that field had gotten him into Rocket when this had all began. He was no child soldier, raised to know only Rocket. "Assuming I survive the next month, of course."

Nicotine calmed him from the understanding that his days were numbered.

"I never wanted to kill you." Howard raised an eyebrow. "But since you are, I have a job for you."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 0:56:03 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

That was a painful world, Kouji decided then he would lie with a bareface.
[break][break]
”I hope we can reach that world too.” He could never allow such a world to be born, not as long as he lived. He would hopefully be dead before the conclusion of the war was reached, it would spread as far as it could if he could have his way.
[break][break]
But this very moment, he had a job to do. He focused, his smirk dropped away as he locked eyes to eye with Howard Slate.
[break][break]
”What do you need me to do, Admin Fox?” It was straightforward, a job; so he wouldn’t have to think about the consequences of his own actions. It was going to be a lot more straightforward this way.

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 1:03:20 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The lie was swallowed gracefully. Kouji Matsubara was a sword, and his thoughts were his own. Yet Howard knew better than to wholeheartedly trust a grunt, when he had spent his entire career hating Team Rocket.

Yet grunts were cogs, as Howard was. It was hard to demean each and everyone and sniff out a faint whiff of treason that existed in them all, for better or worse.

"Regirock opened up a series of Tera Tunnel networks when it emerged from the ground. We're still mapping them, but they likely connect around the region. If used properly, they would make a fine advantage." Marching through poisoned veins of Tera Crystals seemed like a death wish, and yet Kouji had to disappear for a spell. "I want you to go down there and start mapping them."

Snap. Click. Kouji's shackles fell to the floor with a clatter. The admin's shattered helmet was forced into Kouji's hands.

"And find Registeel."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 1:13:00 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

A job, going through those tunnels, alone, until he found a legendary? This was almost a death wish, if that interdream mist got involved, or if he was stuck inside until he died? Then it was over. But this was a job, he was lucky enough to be alive so there was no point in complaining about it. He gripped his wrist, his limp arm and sighed.
[break][break]
He’d get Zarude to heal it later, it would be painful as hell.
[break][break]
He grabbed the mask, donned it, he was a dead man so it made sense. For the first time in his Rocket Career, he would be properly hiding his own identity. ”Guess I’m Admin Fox now, huh?” It was a strange, almost unreadable tone.
[break][break]
”Finding that monster. I definitely remember what that guy looks like, and they ain’t small. I should be back in a week.”
[break][break]
Famous last words.
[break][break]
He rolled his shoulders. He’d need to grab his tools, and perhaps some replacements. He would be able to bolster his forces on the road.
[break][break]
”What a pain. I better be getting a payrise after this, getting killed, and then getting myself killed again ain’t in the contract.”

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,137 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 1:24:42 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'll send the money to the grocery store on the corner in Rustboro, until you return."

It's the best consolation that Howard can offer. Where Kouji was going, nobody was going to save him but himself. Maybe Arceus, if he was willing, but the admin suspected that His gaze did not fall upon the shadowed veins of the world. Fortunate, it meant that a second Admin Fox would not be noticed.

"Your Pokémon." The Stakataka bricks slid open to reveal Kouji's belt. "I healed them for you. Sorry about your Urshifu."

He felt more sorry for Kouji, if anything. A week? Unlikely. There was a chance that Howard would never see Kouji Matsubara again, but still, this was his punishment. Furthermore, it was a chance to prove his worth.

"If you die, I'll go to the Border and piece your soul back together myself."

The wall parted open, revealing a hallway of Stakataka bricks. Blue eyes regarded Kouji as a distant light opened at the end of the hall.

"It's down there. I can feel it." He repeated, thinking of how the steel giant had descended into the the earth and had failed to resurface. "Find it."

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Rise Stronger
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 1:42:39 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Thanks.”
[break][break]
Kouji didn’t have time to dwell on apologies, there was no point in pretending as if the two were close friends, or that the bridge could be properly reconciled. Kouji realized that he and Howard simply had completely different paths to follow, and the rails of Rocket to keep them from straying.
[break][break]
”If I end up at the Borders, fucking let me rest.” He said as he rolled his shoulder, ready to exit the Stakataka. He had everything he needed now, his mind was set on his target.
[break][break]
There would be no killing this thing, even if he wanted to. Another asset for Rocket which should have lost everything.
[break][break]
”Hear anything back from Sootopolis?” He stopped and waited to hear the news, of a success or a terrible loss.

@tag
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS